Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) (34309 Views)

Rude Boy Fleets Of Cars And Houses Since Parting Away With Peter / Hilarious Animals Captured In Best Photos From Comedy Wildlife Photography Award / Nice Wildlife Photos. Check! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by kyuniii(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2020
Educative
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Cti28(m): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Never knew men are part of wildlife, but I’ll keep that in mind henceforth.

Lol, I am not oo
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Lamiri(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2020
o
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by PureGoldh(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Nice article
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by fuckaholic25(f): 8:34am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Back to the topic, here are some popular wildlife misconceptions I know of…

NOTE: Any word you see highlighted, can be clicked for source, definitions or redirections.
ain't gonna lie, I like ur post!
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Emmanuelcann: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:
6. all men cheat
Untrue statement!
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Bellotelli: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
Is turtoise the wisest animal?
They are one of the most fooolish animals grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by styless(f): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
5— Chameleons change their colours to match their environments

Wrong. Chameleons use visual mimicry (camouflage) to escape predators.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by kalvoken(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

pocohantas:
chameleons are known to change their colours, but their intentions are noble- not any of the reasons we were told. Their skin changes its hues based on mood, temperature and as a means of communication (e.g getting the other gender’s attention). Quite difficult to believe this as their colours are usually way too similar to their environment, thus buttressing the misconception. It might please you to know the chameleon’s color is follow-come to fit into its environment as that is the only defence mechanism it has. Isn’t nature wonderful?

Anyway, if you think a chameleon would take the colour of your mum’s hollandis/adire when placed on it, you have to think again.

Am I the only one confused here? You said they only change their colours to match their environments as a defense mechanism, so what is your argument exactly?

Unless you meant to tell us they have limited colours they can imitate. Still hard to believe because any of it we caught back they in the days while growing up, had always changed to the colour of our clothing.

Keep it rolling Sha. Nice work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Skepticus: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
What other wildlife misconceptions have you gotten to clarify? Do share wink

Meanwhile, roasted snake for the house. grin grin

Nigerian's silly belief that every snake with black skin colouration is a BLACK MAMBA
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by drail400(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2020
Touching a Baby Bird Will Cause Its Mother to Abandon It.... I believed this so much as a child

Also, Bats are not blind
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Rahmanjargo(m): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2020
kalvoken:

Am I the only one confused here? You said they only change their colours to match their environments as a defense mechanism, so what is your argument exactly?

Unless you meant to tell us they have limited colours they can imitate. Still hard to believe because any of it we caught back they in the days while growing up, had always changed to the colour of our clothing.

Keep it rolling Sha. Nice work
She definitely don't know what she's saying.
The mod who posted such fake into on front page is an idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by ashawopikin(m): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2020
If lizard see your prick while peeing, your prick go small
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Biodun1929(m): 8:46am On Aug 17, 2020
Pocohantas, it seems you live animals.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Legalcriminal: 8:47am On Aug 17, 2020
Pocohantas i heard any land the elephant steps on no grass will grow but I still wonder how there are still grasses and trees in there environments.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by firfinch(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Great compilations, but chameleons do change colour to match to their environment for a fact. Take a look at this videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioblgpA5eTo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nmezor(f): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2020
Does kitten spit cause blindness?
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2020
If mosquito bite u for penis, ur dick go long .
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2020
In the jungle if homo sapiens rub their male organ with bitterleaf juice it will get big after three days
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by kalvoken(m): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2020
Bellotelli:

They are one of the most fooolish animals grin

I laughed so hard reading this ������

The thing vex you no be small o.

Well, all the animals are wise in their own way. Take the pig for instance. We all assume pig is a stupid animal, but let me burst your brain. PIG IS THE ONLY ANIMAL THAT NO MATTER HOW TIGHT OR SMALL THE ROOM MAY BE FOR THEM, THEY CAN NEVER DEFECATE OR URINATE ON THAT SPOT WHERE YOU DO KEEP FOOD FOR THEM

I know your mind would run to dogs, cats or many more that do same, but your mind should also remind you that those ones were taught by their owner. That of pig is natural, you don't have to teach them that.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by mabea: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2020
Well would choose to disagree with the chameleon assertion. From personal experience, I've seen chameleon change to my cloth o. Amazingly you could see the color and the lines on its body

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Taiwojon(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Back to the topic, here are some popular wildlife misconceptions I know of…

NOTE: Any word you see highlighted, can be clicked for source, definitions or redirections.
hmmmm

the work of God is so beautiful
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:
6. all men cheat
My Dear, Not every guy is like your boyfriend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by tinnyailes(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
What is this dude even saying

Fr that snake matter I no ft ever gree with you
You dy find person wy you go kill
Y'all should disregard this coz he talks shyt like a preacher shocked shocked shocked
He’s very correct I once saw it on NatGeoWild
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by miketayo(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2020
Won't still take my chances with the sharks
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by mrdipye(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2020
No knowledge is wasted but this is Monday morning pls

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Biodun1929(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Another misconception...snakes are wicked and attack/bite humans. I live close to a forest, and anytime I see a snake, it runs away fast...or stays still, hoping I don't notice it. I have found that snakes are as scared of humans as we are scared of them. They only attack when their survival instict kicks in and feel their life is threatened by that human.

This is my personal observation/oppinion...don't go and play with snake o. Lol. But I love snakes, and want to get a couple of ball pythons. They are non vernomous snakes, and come in really beautiful colors. Even if they bite you out of fear 100 times, nothing will happen to you. It will just feel like you were pricked by a needle.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 17, 2020
grin
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:
6. all men cheat
� lol
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2020
firfinch:

Great compilations, but chameleons do change colour to match to their environment for a fact. Take a look at this videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioblgpA5eTo

Chameleons change their colours? Fact.

Chameleons do not change their colours to match whatever environment/background as is commonly peddled around.

Okay, just read that heading again and got the confusion.

Cc: Whoever it may concern.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by rezasalari: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.