Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,438 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) (34314 Views)

Rude Boy Fleets Of Cars And Houses Since Parting Away With Peter / Hilarious Animals Captured In Best Photos From Comedy Wildlife Photography Award / Nice Wildlife Photos. Check! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Zenithpeak(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
2—Venomous Snakes Are Poisonous

Forest cobra (i), Rattle snake (ii), Gaboon viper (iii). All venomous and edible. grin

Sometimes, you need to carry out all round research while trying to correct wrong impression of the populace on a particular topic. If you had painstakingly check your the word venom in your dictionary before wrapping up your good work, you could have saved us from further confusion and entanglement of knowledge

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Friendlyjoe: 10:20am On Aug 17, 2020
Bellotelli:

They are one of the most fooolish animals grin

So those stories they told us when we were kids are lies?
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by seunayantokun(m): 10:24am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Never knew men are part of wildlife, but I’ll keep that in mind henceforth.

Don't keep an error in mind please. Remember our fathers, uncles, brothers, nephews, some of our cousins etc are also men.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Sometimes, you need to carry out all round research while trying to correct wrong impression of the populace on a particular topic. If you had painstakingly check your the word venom in your dictionary before wrapping up your good work, you could have saved us from further confusion and entanglement of knowledge

Venom is a poison that needs to be INJECTED(your screenshot confirms this).

Venomous snakes can be poisonous, but not because of their VENOMS.

Venomous and poisonous are two different words and it has to do with their mode of transmission. Emphasis on VENOMOUS, not VENOM.

I hope you understand this and disentangle yourself. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Zenithpeak(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2020
When snake bite someone, the poisonous venom goes straight to the heart and the distributed to other parts of the body and may be fatal if adequate measures were not in place at a reasonable time.....

The hydrochloric acid in man is less -14ph and can be rendered ineffective within seconds of lethal attack from the species of snake mentioned up there... In the actual sense of reality, there's nothing like 'it is venomous but not poisonous'

Maybe you've forgotten that, if a snake bit itself, he may not survive the neurotoxin from its own venom. This stuff is more deadlier than you think bro.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by seunayantokun(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2020
I don't think we need to add black to panther for what the op meant. If we do, it will refer to a group of revolutionary nationalists in America as in one of the attached.

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by SavageResponse(m): 10:33am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
What other wildlife misconceptions have you gotten to clarify? Do share wink

Meanwhile, roasted snake for the house. grin grin

Lalasticlala will love this thread grin
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by gentleguy1975: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2020
1 When lion urinates,no other animal dare cross the urine line or else it gets stuck 2 The Buffalo's mucus is over 100 degree hot!
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2020
gentleguy1975:
1 When lion urinates,no other animal dare cross the urine line or else it gets stuck 2 The Buffalo's mucus is over 100 degree hot!

Nawa!! Why would that be so?
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Alexun(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2020
[/quote][quote author=pocohantas post=92912639]

Venomous and poisonous are two different words and it has to do with their mode of transmission. Emphasis on VENOMOUS, not VENOM.

Going by the way of "misconceptions", I hope this will not be totally adapted by people. If you think venomous snakes aren't poisonous, why do you think snake eaters don't eat the head?

Your points are valid, but people shouldn't throwaway caution. For further reading;

https://www.science.org.au/curious/people-medicine/poison-vs-venom

P.S.: ROASTING or FRYING may not de-potentiate the strength of venoms/poisons

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Liposure: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2020
I dont know how true this is. If you whistle snake will come out. Pretend to be dead, a boar wont eat you
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2020
Alexun:
Going by the way of "misconceptions", I hope this will not be totally adapted by people. If you think venomous snakes aren't poisonous, why do you think snake eaters don't eat the head?
Your points are valid, but people shouldn't throwaway caution. For further reading;
https://www.science.org.au/curious/people-medicine/poison-vs-venom
P.S.: ROASTING or FRYING may not de-potentiate the strength of venoms/poisons

No sane human would even eat the head of snake. It is just gross. Why don’t they eat it? I wouldn’t know. Maybe caution...which was strongly advised in my original post.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Zenithpeak(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Let me tell you what I understood by your clarifications....

That a snake may carry venom i.e it is venomous, and if injected, it may be deadly but ingested, the hydrochloric acid in man can still sustain him...... That's my understanding of your initial post and the clarification as well.....

If my understanding of your post is not out of place, then, something is wrong somewhere! Either your source of information needed to be checked once again because, that will tantamount to high level of misconceptions.

Either injected or ingested, neither of it will reduce the potency of the snake venom except it is not a venomous snake. Snakes venoms are stronger than each other hence the fatality rate. In conclusion, venomous snakes are poisonous and can be deadly.

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Let me tell you what I understood by your clarifications....

That a snake may carry venom i.e it is venomous, and if injected, it may be deadly but ingested, the hydrochloric acid in man can still sustain him...... That's my understanding of your initial post and the clarification as well.....

If my understanding of your post is not out of place, then, something is wrong somewhere! Either your source of information needed to be checked once again because, that will tantamount to high level of misconceptions.

Either injected or ingested, neither of it will reduce the potency of the snake venom except it is not a venomous snake. Snakes venoms are stronger than each other hence the fatality rate. In conclusion, venomous snakes are poisonous and can be deadly.

Okay
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by SirJerrie(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2020
paulolee:

9..if u mistakenly sees a wild animal in the bush and play cool and dnt attack it, it would jus walk pass you....big lamba
10..when i do visit people with scaring looking dogs and they say "jus come in it wont bite you" bt looking at the dog alone, it had already attacked my spirit and i no de risk am oo

@No. 9 cracked me the Fu©k UPP
gringringrin
Lion will see you calm and be be like "Hwfa you naa" gringringrin

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Liposure: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
Is turtoise the wisest animal?
I think the snake is. The bible even confirms it. The tortoise could be cunniest

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Maliqcious: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
What is this dude even saying

Fr that snake matter I no ft ever gree with you
You dy find person wy you go kill
Y'all should disregard this coz he talks shyt like a preacher shocked shocked shocked
trust me you stupid.. Like very stupidityfoolishness
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by AnfieldFan: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Zenithpeak:

She's right bro

The venom itself is harmful. But the snake when eaten isn't....

A simpler analogy...

If you eat it and die(get sick) ...It is poisonous..

If it eats/bites you and you get sick(possibly die) ...It is venomous...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2020
No
Pretty much like it pained yr as$ grin grin
So pained and delusional
Maliqcious:
trust me you stupid.. Like very stupidityfoolishness
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Roofingpro(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2020
kiss
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Xpress24(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2020
Brachaa:
You get time.

We are not done correcting the misconception of the govt on leadership that has bastardized the economy and left the youth in total confusion and hopelessness, na animal kingdom...

If they like let them be misconceived or misconstrued, e nor concern me. Na Monday be this abeg. undecided.
grin
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nuremac(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2020
DominusPrime:
No knowledge is wasted

If you think its imossible to get profit from forex everyday, monday to friday, chat me up.

If you think you'll get these profits and still lose them due to the nature of forex, let me prove otherwise. Just chat me up.

If you've lost money and hope in forex, this is for you, chat me up.

Pls note, I don't teach forex, but you can learn from a world class trading company if you want.

And if you are not interested in learning you can simply let them trade for you while you earn daily profits which you get to keep without the risk of losing them again.

I'm not charging you a dime for this information. I'm simply showing you an opportunity. It's up to you to decide whether you like it or not. After all the first sign of most scams on Nairaland is a fee for some info. But this is totally free so what do you have to lose? Nothing.

please send information to whatsapp-08026967559
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2020
Never knew you had so much interest in wildlife, poco. Dis your post de finger me.
More grease...
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by olatunyemi(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2020
DominusPrime:
No knowledge is wasted

If you think its imossible to get profit from forex everyday, monday to friday, chat me up.

If you think you'll get these profits and still lose them due to the nature of forex, let me prove otherwise. Just chat me up.

If you've lost money and hope in forex, this is for you, chat me up.

Pls note, I don't teach forex, but you can learn from a world class trading company if you want.

And if you are not interested in learning you can simply let them trade for you while you earn daily profits which you get to keep without the risk of losing them again.

I'm not charging you a dime for this information. I'm simply showing you an opportunity. It's up to you to decide whether you like it or not. After all the first sign of most scams on Nairaland is a fee for some info. But this is totally free so what do you have to lose? Nothing.

I'm interested
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
5— Chameleons change their colours to match any environment/background

U are quite correct all thru, wonderful piece.

The only animal that quickly change to the colour of ur mums holandis if placed on top of it is the minic octopus
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by jornwhite: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
I think one of the oldest & shittest misconception heard is, when its sunny & raining somewhere in the savannah lions are mating shocked

Another shiity one was ... if a lion is farmished for days due to unsuccessful hurt, it urinate in circle any animal that get into it after get stuck .... yorubas kwenu !! grin
How about tortoise are the wisest of all animals ....tales by moonlight God will judge.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
olatunyemi:
I'm interested
Reach me on WhatsApp.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by gentleguy1975: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Nawa!! Why would that bThaye so?
That is what we were made to believe growing up and even when natgeo wild came to put lie to those claims,some still stuck to those myths?
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nuremac:
please send information to whatsapp-08026967559
I've added you to the group. I'll drop info there
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by IamPlato(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know. Find one and put your hand there. Get back to us... wink

Lol...

You have more experience with wild life so why should it be me to try it out... It's what I have been told from a young age
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Lamasta(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Pocohantas, Lion will forever remain the King whether in the jungle, desert, city, village or anywhere baba go still dey rule animal kingdom o....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.