Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch (22881 Views)

Debts: Borrowing Will Land Nigeria Into State Of Bankruptcy ā€“ Pastor Adeboye / 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ā€• Odilim Enwegbara, Economist / Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by NkemChukwudi: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2020
techmo:
Debt to GDP ratio is 26%

What sort of dooms day economist is this

IPOB
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Angelfrost(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2020
kolaaderin:
There is nothing truthful about this, Nigerian has always been on the edge of collapse since the late 70s. It will never collapse.

You know nothing... Go ask Venezuela and Lebanon how far.

You think your fellow countrymen are truly living??! You call majority of citizens living below a Dollar a day living??!...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by slowice(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2020
Fantasticcc:
angry So bad,we predicted it but children of hate from the waste side voted for this disaster now we are all suffering.

And they are ready to vote in another disaster come 2023....tribalism will finally bring this country to its knees
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Sandra4luv: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2020
We thought Goodluck Ebele Jonathan government is the worst not knowing buhari is going to be the worst and useless government Iā€™m sorry for saying this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by FA13(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2020
1.57 trillion for debt servicing not debt repay ooo. Just look at that.

Why won't Chinese be willing to borrow us money to their last mite. They did not benefit during the slavery period but this opportunity, they will never let it slide.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by vRendoh(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2020
Fantasticcc:
angry So bad,we predicted it but children of hate from the waste side voted for this disaster now we are all suffering.

So drafted Fantasticccaly
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by ensamy(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2020
hmohammed:

You must be from that region. Bunch of unreasonable people. Always wanting to be at the top. Oga, you are on a long ride because after we are done, we are passing the baton to the Yorubas. Thats like 12 years in total before we may consider you goats. Better get it into your thick skull.
Ok I have heard but don't forget to take your drugs today.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Benwallt(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2020
Trueteller0147:
Hypocrite. God will judge us all. So you are playing politics with the future of your kids? I pray you. Buhari and the rest of the polithiefcians has already hustle for themselves and generation unborn
before the present government, what was the hope of the future kids? Please, let's be objective in our criticism. The whole world is plagued with hydraheaded problems and that of Nigeria was compounded with terrible leaders in the past whose sole aim was to loot n do nothing.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Benwallt(m): 11:01am On Aug 17, 2020
tramzy7:
if the people living in southern kaudna should see this your post, I'm not sure if you would make tomorrow. Asshole
was it buhari that is killing people in southern Kaduna? Don't we have police, Army, airforce and other paramilitary bodies? Is it buhari that will wear khaki and carry guns?
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Angelfrost(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2020
EVILFOREST:
ABACHA is always there to help out.
NIGERIA can't go bankrupt when we have the likes of ABACHA who sends us Alerts without Interests from the Infinite World.
I believe his Alerts will be sustained till we get to 2050, then.....

Afterwards, BABANGIDA'S ALERTS will be uploaded immediately .......
That one may last till eternity.

Na so.... Let's keep living off dead men's stolen treasures!!! The future is indeed bright!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Blackking98(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Ceegar01:
I think Buhari is trying his best just that he inherited governance from an incompetent otuoke man who messed this country up with his gang of thieves
Still blaming Jonathan cheesy
You'll soon say he's the reason your wife can't give birth grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Angelfrost(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2020
FA13:
1.57 trillion for debt servicing not debt repay ooo. Just look at that.

Why won't Chinese be willing to borrow us money to their last mite. They did not benefit during the slavery period but this opportunity, they will never let it slide.

The nation has long been offered up for re-colonization!!! No nation has ever been this ripe for the taking!!!

Later, people will blame colonial masters and foreigners for the woes of Africa... Just look at a great continent reduced to the cesspit by her very own people!!! Shame!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2020
Its Gbese when you are unable to meet repayments or not being able to live on what is left.

That is why borrowing for mindless consumption even in those societies is a very bad idea.

Usually, bootstrapping is way better. Only people who have any reason to borrow are people that have a solid business idea or a lean government that shows that embarking on a particular project will elevate the status of the state or citizens with a financial gain.

Usually, government projects are better conceived as PPP. The issue with Nigeria is that that will make it impossible to execute as their will no money to loot and no kickbacks. The projects are either monetized via tolls if possible or levy a specific tax over years to cover the capital expenditure and ongoing maintenance.

techmo:

Honestly I forgive your naivity on the issue of credit system

You have never stepped in a country where everything works on credit and you are accessed based on your credit worthiness, with your phone been contract phone, cars on car loan and a mortgage facility for your home

You come from a background that see loans as "gbese"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by popesco123: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=nairalandankrah post=92904116]Anarchy looms....

https://punchng.com/nigeria-is-on-the-edge-of-bankruptcy/
[/quotee
E never start, let's keeping arguing and cajoling ourselves on PDP APC recycled outdated politicians here. It is our greatest achievement as intellectual youths.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Sandor2: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2020
DominusPrime:
Forget this country and fight for your pocket

If you think its imossible to get profit from forex everyday, monday to friday, chat me up.

If you think you'll get these profits and still lose them due to the nature of forex, let me prove otherwise. Just chat me up.

If you've lost money and hope in forex, this is for you, chat me up.

Pls note, I don't teach forex, but you can learn from a world class trading company if you want.

I'm not charging you a dime for this information. I'm simply showing you an opportunity. It's up to you to decide whether you like it or not. After all the first sign of most scams on Nairaland is a fee for some info. But this is totally free so what do you have to lose? Nothing.

Still scam . I can sense it. Just changing format. Buyer be vigilant
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by MikkieEl: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2020
Ceegar01:
I think Buhari is trying his best just that he inherited governance from an incompetent otuoke man who messed this country up with his gang of thieves
The thief their that is on going in this present govt has not been heard before in any part of the world. These are such mcedopikin calls " Oga patapata of them all". And why do you think the media is being technically gagged and every dissenting voices silenced or eliminated if the need be?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Wittysmith(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2020
If Nigeria were a business entity, the managers of the business would be sacked and replaced with competent hands.

If Nigeria were a team in the England Championship( Not Premiership), we would have been relegated to League One.

Everything rises and falls on Leadership.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Roofingpro(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2020
How come ? After borrowing up and down
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by SeriouslySense(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2020
What are the reasons, why Nigeria, could never go backrupt
haryorbarmie83:
Nigeria can never go bankruptcy. Let's see anyway.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by EASYLIFE4US: 11:57am On Aug 17, 2020
We need to secure the future now
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Anonymousdre: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2020
We collected loans to build projects in the North and Nigeria didnt go bankrupt, now we have to take loans and do projects in the south everybody is now scared of Nigeria going bankrupt.. and people from the South are happily supporting this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Borrow.

Keep borrowing.

That's the mantra of this government.

Nigeria is broke but some people are optimistic that the China loans + interests will be paid in due time.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by youngdabold19: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
EVILFOREST:
ABACHA is always there to help out.
NIGERIA can't go bankrupt when we have the likes of ABACHA who sends us Alerts without Interests from the Infinite World.
I believe his Alerts will be sustained till we get to 2050, then.....

Afterwards, BABANGIDA'S ALERTS will be uploaded immediately .......
That one may last till eternity.

As in eeh,maybe Yakubu Gowon and OBJ's alert will follow suit
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by nams77: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
techmo:
cool

Debt to GDP ratio is 26%

What sort of dooms day economist is this

I laugh at idiots thinking credit facility Chinese EXIM bank, world bank , IMF are offering us that we are doing Chinese and world bank a favour ..

If we foolishly don't take these infrastructure loans and credit facilities now Ghana would take it, Ethiopia would take it, even almighty US would grab it through bonds

U seem not to get it. Taking a loan is not the problem. It will not be used for the purpose it was taken. It will be looted.
There are ways to raise fund for this country. Close all the loophole s, cut down extravagant expenses and recover looted fund.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
Sandor2:

Still scam . I can sense it. Just changing format. Buyer be vigilant

Nigerians!!! I have said it clearly. I'm not collecting a dime. Just see it and if you feel it's a scam then walk away. If it's the one that says bring money you will still fall for it. Even if truly it is a scam is it not best to look at it to even have an idea if it's a new one? This is how you guys will bad mouth everything until you fall for the real scam upon all your so-called smartness.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
billgabb:
I'm interested.
Reach me on WhatsApp.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Eddygre8(m): 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
All thanks to Ogas @ the top
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by ArcFresky(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
kolaaderin:
There is nothing truthful about this, Nigerian has always been on the edge of collapse since the late 70s. It will never collapse.

Chaiii... Ignorance.
It's yet to collapse because we still see people borrowing us money.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by AlwaysMotun: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nigeria my country... Things go better!
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
The next thing buhari will do, he will pass it into law that everyone must forfeit 60% of all the money you have in your bank account , then he will use it to finance unseen national projects... Welcome to looting government
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by uchelouis45(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
richiemcgold:
The reasons we might go bankrupt under this administration are just too numerous, but the most prominent ones are:
The inability of the current administration to reduce the cost of governance and block the leakages/loopholes in government finances as promised
Overreliance of this administration on oil despite their promise to diversify the economy
The people currently managing Nigeria's economy are not competent enough. This is very glaring for all to see.
Political appointments under this administration are simply compensatory and not really based on merit.
More than 80% of our state governments are not economically viable, they're unproductive and are not contributing anything to the treasury.
Due to our poor educational system, more than half of Nigeria population are extremely ignorant and unproductive, hence they have become liabilities instead of contributing positively.
Absolute Truth.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
Openbusiness:
sorry sir. I forgot we are under a Cowocracy regime where cows have red passport and killer Fulani herdsmen have federal license to kill anybody they like without getting arrested. I neva chop dis mawin daz y. Am sorry sir. sad

OK you are pardoned like Grand dollar and Oji Door

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pump Price Increase, Other Areas Israel-hamas War May Affect Nigerians / Forgery: Ekweremadu Fails In Bid To Stop Judgment / Wike Plays Table Tennis With Rivers House Of Assembly Members In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.