Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch (22883 Views)

Debts: Borrowing Will Land Nigeria Into State Of Bankruptcy – Pastor Adeboye / 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist / Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Geestarry(f): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
Excess Borrowing brought us here
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by earnit3: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Who cares
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by stormborn28(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
EVILFOREST:
ABACHA is always there to help out.
NIGERIA can't go bankrupt when we have the likes of ABACHA who sends us Alerts without Interests from the Infinite World.
I believe his Alerts will be sustained till we get to 2050, then.....

Afterwards, BABANGIDA'S ALERTS will be uploaded immediately .......
That one may last till eternity.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by ThatFairGuy: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
[s]
Fantasticcc:
angry So bad,we predicted it but children of hate from the waste side voted for this disaster now we are all suffering.
[/s]
You're not sensible. Even when oil price hasn't dwindled, jonathief drove us into recession with his cluelessness and Corrupts officials.
Had it been he's still in power at this SORRY State, Nigeria would have been sold.

BE REASONABLE
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
bigiyaro:
Good.... anything that will correct this British mistake is welcomed.
Africans, giving excuses as usual. Is it only this country that they made, the British had the largest empire in the world (10% of the world) and most countries they made (obviously apart from African countries) are trying to move forward but we in this shithole keep on crying and wailing, please abeg make i do commot this country so that when it turns to Cameroon, I won't be here to care. Pity I was born with a bunch of buffoons.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

The nation has long been offered up for re-colonization!!! No nation has ever been this ripe for the taking!!!

Later, people will blame colonial masters and foreigners for the woes of Africa... Just look at a great continent reduced to the cesspit by her very own people!!! Shame!!!
Leave them stupid sheep. I hope it gets worse abeg.

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Rhema04(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Make Nigeria collapse sef, wetin gan?
This suffering is too much na.. Have been looking for what to do since they closed schools and nothing yet... Lives of private school teachers matter
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by physicistman(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
omocalabar:
Nigeria is bankrupt but Firstlady is currently in Dubai on a flambouyant shopping spree

O wrong nau.
I thought its neck pain she went to treat.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by omocalabar(m): 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
physicistman:

O wrong nau.
I thought itsi neck pain she went to treat.
her daughter is getting married in few weeks time....connect the dots
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Amorprincesa24: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
There is so much financial recklessness in this administration. Gosh!
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by sulaak(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
techmo:
cool

Debt to GDP ratio is 26%

What sort of dooms day economist is this

I laugh at idiots thinking credit facility Chinese EXIM bank, world bank , IMF are offering us that we are doing Chinese and world bank a favour ..

If we foolishly don't take these infrastructure loans and credit facilities now Ghana would take it, Ethiopia would take it, even almighty US would grab it through bonds

Move from debt to GDP -- To debt to income. What is Nigeria FX income (last year it was £36 billion). Now can Nigeria afford $120 billion debt.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by techmo(m): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
sulaak:

Move from debt to GDP -- To debt to income. What is Nigeria FX income (last year it was £36 billion). Now can Nigeria afford $120 billion debt.

Why not? A single digit 20 to 30 years loan with 5 years and more moratorium

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Evercurious(f): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Benwallt:
Keep on wailing. A lot of us that are hard working are seeing the slow and gradual emergence of a New Nigeria of our dream. If past government had rule this way imagine were we would be in terms of development. Buhari continue. If I have the power I will give you another 4yrs to consolidate on the humongous developmental projects across Nigeria.

Are you in your right senses?
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Benwallt(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
Evercurious:

Are you in your right senses?

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Evercurious(f): 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=Benwallt post=92934253][/quote]

Abeg fo check your head you hear.. some nuts don fall comot. Pick am come make I help you screw am.well for the correct place.. ODE
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Amudeneogu: 3:09am On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria missed their track in 2015 and 2019, this country just put itself ito confusions because of tribalism, instead of hiring technocrats to handle the affairs of this country they just pushing their tribes into their and using the livers of this country to compensate their party members.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Kingspin(m): 3:40am On Aug 18, 2020
Buhari/APC: This is the garbage sophisticated people imposed on the country.

They mess the whole country will faeces.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Kingspin(m): 4:00am On Aug 18, 2020
kolaaderin:
There is nothing truthful about this, Nigerian has always been on the edge of collapse since the late 70s. It will never collapse.
A drunk man logic.

You voted for change but made things got worst.

I know you will vote Buhari for 3rd, term.
Godfatherism is a mess.
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Kingspin(m): 4:04am On Aug 18, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Nigeria can never go bankruptcy. Let's see anyway.
Which business borrow money to pay debts and borrow again, again and again.

That must be a stupid manager

Do you think Dangote run his business that manner?
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Benwallt(m): 6:00am On Aug 18, 2020
Evercurious:

Abeg fo check your head you hear.. some nuts don fall comot. Pick am come make I help you screw am.well for the correct place.. ODE
I stood by my words. DIDIRIN
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by tomdon(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2020
1.7trn for debt servicing!
What was the debt money used for initially?
We've had it really bad in this country. The worst part is that we're always eulogizing the very managers who have mismanaged or looted the country dry, we give them the pride of places in society, we sing their praises cos they've become so powerful and larger than life. That's how we got here. But the future is very bleak.
However they care not cos their own time is almost up. It's a pity. What a country
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by sulaak(m): 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
techmo:

Why not? A single digit 20 to 30 years loan with 5 years and more moratorium

Nigeria can't even managed the $40 millions P&ID deal that has now balloned to $10billion and still being debated in arbitration courts in UK. I doubt Nigeria governments have the discipline and leadership to managed the large debt profile
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by SavageResponse(m): 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Anarchy looms....

https://punchng.com/nigeria-is-on-the-edge-of-bankruptcy/

Nigeria is potentially in a big economic mess...we just don't know it yet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Uchek(m): 5:14am On Aug 25, 2020
But the economy, comparatively, was far better under Jonathan.

Ceegar01:
I think Buhari is trying his best just that he inherited governance from an incompetent otuoke man who messed this country up with his gang of thieves
Re: Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch by Uchek(m): 5:16am On Aug 25, 2020
You said it all!

ivandragon:
I guess this is part of the reasons they want to stifle voices.

You talk about thier incompetence, they label it hate speech;

A patriotic public servant tries to expose their thievery, they label it hate speech;

People try to protest against their failure' they label it hate speech;

You complain about killings; hate speech;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mike Ejiofor: Masari Laid Foundation For Kidnapping In Error - Ex-DSS Director / Niger-Delta Governors Shun Alamieyeseigha's Burial / Wike Plays Table Tennis With Rivers House Of Assembly Members In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.