Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? (43162 Views)

Two Skills I Wish I Learnt Before Arriving Canada / What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Can One Learn Before Moving Into Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Aladine(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
Handyman jobs or IT skills..mechanic is very good.. plumbing,electrician, furniture making...

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Nelly4you: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
for me it's IT skills

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by adebobconed(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
learn Industrial Automation

3 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by AristocraticMe: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, so by next year or next two years, it is now 100% certain that i will leave for the United States of America.

Though i am educated but what i have come to understand is that in our world today, most especially in the United States of America, learning a skill is very Very important and you can can never go broke or jobless if you have certain skills in the United States of America.

So i want to use the rest of this year to acquire a skill that will be of great help to me when i get to America.

So i have decided to learn interior home and office designing and decorating.

I want to ask if acquiring a skill of interior design is the best for me or what are the top skills you think i can acquire or someone can acquire before travelling to the United States of America.
what ever you learn can be a stepping stone, but the reality is you have to be certified here by their board of whatever you are into before you can practice. Even if you were a barber in Nigeria , you have to be certified I mean go to their vocational school to be certified before you have render a hair cut service. So whatever skill you learn or have from Nigeria will only serve as a direction for you to follow when you get here. But you cant use your skills until you get certified.

My only advice is pray and pray again for the grace of God to follow in your path as you relocate to America....Finish.... there is no hidden secret except the grace of God.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by stonemasonn: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:

I want to ask if acquiring a skill of interior design is the best for me or what are the top skills you think i can acquire or someone can acquire before travelling to the United States of America.
Aesthetics and quality of work matters alot, Americans have high taste and pay premium money for creativity.
Secondly tools, you have to learn and own advanced tools..they don't just use hammer, hand saw etc.
My advice is to go to school for interior decor once you get to the US to polish what you've already acquired in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by adesmarty: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
Why not allow people abroad to comment rather than fill up the post with quesses

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by pweeryambre: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
salford1:
If Trump is still in power, good luck to you.

However, if not. Learn some handiwork then go to school to learn some IT programming.
This should be op concern
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by kunle75(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, so by next year or next two years, it is now 100% certain that i will leave for the United States of America.

Though i am educated but what i have come to understand is that in our world today, most especially in the United States of America, learning a skill is very Very important and you can can never go broke or jobless if you have certain skills in the United States of America.

So i want to use the rest of this year to acquire a skill that will be of great help to me when i get to America.

Go for any IT skills and be sure good at it.
That is what am doing now,I live here and can not emphasize less on your need to acquire such skills.

There are alot of IT skills you can learn online from Google class especially that will leverage you once you arrive in America. You will thank me later

10 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Ugaboy: 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:
Can i learn like three at once excluding programming?
sure...They inter-related expecially...you can as well reach on my signature let's discuss more.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Edenic1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hanks0000:
Photography but you need to do some dangerous stuffs

like what exactly
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by kareemkamil(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Learn how to Bleep
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by vickydevoka(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
nemelu123:
Tailoring
Furniture
Plumber
Construction

Leave IT job, India full there
Na u get sense pass.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by kunle75(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
stonemasonn:
Aesthetics and quality of work matters alot, Americans have high taste and pay premium money for creativity.
Secondly tools, you have to learn and own advanced tools..they don't just use hammer, hand saw etc.
My advice is to go to school for interior decor once you get to the US to polish what you've already acquired in Nigeria.

I agree with you completely but also don't forget to tell him that acquiring such knowledge in America comes with a good cost too
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by karkel(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:

Gun shooting
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Samade7: 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Yahoo yahoo. grin
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Maydfourth: 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Piano pressing.....Yahoooo yahoooo
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by IjebuWarrior: 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
grin
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by nextstep(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
First, look on job boards like indeed.com and monster.com to find what are the best paying, and get the skills to get those jobs. See how many posting there per category... that will give you a sense of what's in demand.

Programming, IT, health, insurance, business analysts, are the top 5 that you can get without advanced education. You'd need a bachelors in one of these areas (computers, chemistry, business) to get jobs that pay, though there can be exceptions.

These are also very good suggestions... fashion, design, ~eh... you will probably be working at a restaurant for a few years before you can make those come true, realistically speaking.

SavageMaster:
Learn copywriting, graphic design and video editing.Thank me later
Ugaboy:
Any of this Top I.T skills
Graphic design, Digital marketing, Video editing, Programming, Data science, mobile app & web development.

I would do more research on these job boards for interior design/decoration before you set your mind to it. It sounds like you need a few years experience before getting this kind of work. Other jobs, like repairs, office cleaning, wait staff, are plentiful, but the pay is relatively low per US standards. People survive, but did you spend all that money on airplane tickets and 3-6 months rent just to "survive" in obodo oyinbo?

The second most important skill is "How to live frugally". Save 30% of your income after tax for a rainy day. NO MATTER WHAT. You don't need the latest phone, or more than two $20 purses. Otherwise, you'll become like most middle-class Americans: working paycheck to paycheck to pay bills and service debts, with no end in sight.

Best of luck!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Great504: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Acquire data analyst skill . It is so much in vogue and applicable. I learnt those whites are too lazy to settle down to handle data diligently. You will be sought after seriously. Quote author=CuteMercury post=92926996]Good evening ladies and gentlemen, so by next year or next two years, it is now 100% certain that i will leave for the United States of America.

I want to ask if acquiring a skill of interior design is the best for me or what are the top skills you think i can acquire or someone can acquire before travelling to the United States of America.[/quote]
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
Edenic1:

like what exactly

Like going to the forest to snap pictures of animals and stuffs.. NAT Geo Wild and Discovery World could employ you for that.. and you can also sell them on certain websites too..

2 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by adesmarty: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
kunle75:

Go for any IT skills and be sure good at it.
That is what am doing now,I live here and can not emphasize less on your need to acquire such skills.

There are alot of IT skills you can learn online from Google class especially that will leverage you once you arrive in America. You will thank me later

I'm planning on learning python programming, and also relocating.. How good is the market for python programmers

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Nyanabo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Benwallt:
Do you know how to nak werry well? If you don't, learn it

MGBEKE feeling funky.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by tex73: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
AWS certifications, cyber security certs. or any IT certs.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by seanwilliam(m): 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
learn barbing, thank me later..

5 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by fergieboy: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hacking
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Osamagioghowewi(m): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
unclemaths:
Programming? Hair Stylist? Tailoring..
. Hairstylist make sense but no time I wish say I fit learn am online
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
1. How to dodge bullets.

2. How to spot a serial killer.

3. Taekwondo in case you accidentally stray into an all-white neighbourhood that is hostile or has KKK tendencies.

4. Some computer programming will also go a long way. You could do Python but I'd advise Java.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by tex73: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
It also depends on the city or state.DC metro area, San Fran, Dallas, Houston and some other areas are hot for IT. But the altimate is in the medical line.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by iLegendd(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
To most Nigerians, these are the top 3 skills

1. How to pray
2. How to lie
3. How to scam

Those are the skills most Nigerians possess before leaving the country.

If you don't want to be like most Nigerians, then focus on

1. How to be honest
2. How to solve a digital problem
3. How to control your temper

Use Google or YouTube to learn more about number 2.

All the best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by olaniyilukman(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
TammyAnybody:
Barber
Manual Labourer
Tailoring
Mechanic
Carpentry
Plumbery
Electrician
How to wash corpse
How to wash toilet
How to sweep street

grin grin grin grin grin

Add yours....
Mechanic but specialize on Automatic Transmission engineer

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by airminem(f): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
Learn loyalty. Is needed in this life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accident At Abudu, 53 People Burnt To Death - Graphic Photos / The Story Of AJALA TRAVEL, Africa’s Most Legendary Traveller / Unidentified African Woman Dies In Dubai. Do You Know Her? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.