Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? (43201 Views)

Two Skills I Wish I Learnt Before Arriving Canada / What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Can One Learn Before Moving Into Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by rationalhuman(m): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
I learnt STL from those people, we cant compete with them in next 50 years.
This is my honest feeling after seeing Study, labs, Live Projects, Layers Development. There is no chance at all.

shegzhkn:

I have an understanding that india are very good in Info. tech. but why are u discouraging the op ??

Asians even make waves in that landscape than the Indians.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Timagex(m): 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hanks0000:
Photography but you need to do some dangerous stuffs
dangerous stuffs like?
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Rilwayne001: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
You're are asking people that's never been to Togo, talk more of United States of America. How do you expect them to know? LOL

Most people replying you have never stepped out of their States sef talk more out of the country. LMAO

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
Learn Blogging Business, Get In Touch with me and thank me later.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by diplomat058(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
BotherMleeper:
If it's not:

1. Medical and medicine
2. Engineering
3. Coding (serious coding like ML or AI, not website development)
4. Science
5. Robotics
6. Electronics

Forget it.
What of finance?
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Thereishel: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, so by next year or next two years, it is now 100% certain that i will leave for the United States of America.

Though i am educated but what i have come to understand is that in our world today, most especially in the United States of America, learning a skill is very Very important and you can can never go broke or jobless if you have certain skills in the United States of America.

So i want to use the rest of this year to acquire a skill that will be of great help to me when i get to America.

So i have decided to learn interior home and office designing and decorating.

I want to ask if acquiring a skill of interior design is the best for me or what are the top skills you think i can acquire or someone can acquire before travelling to the United States of America.

Don't listen to all these people are they in USA. Go and learn Mechanic carpentry
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by VULCAN(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
Only very poor people repair their phones in US.

Most have warranty so they get it replaced.

Afam4eva:
Learn how to fix phones and laptops and thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by peeps4u: 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
Plumbing
Car painting
Panel beating/welding
Car rewiring
Auto mechanic
Barbing
Or soft skills in the area of IT

CuteMercury:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, so by next year or next two years, it is now 100% certain that i will leave for the United States of America.

Though i am educated but what i have come to understand is that in our world today, most especially in the United States of America, learning a skill is very Very important and you can can never go broke or jobless if you have certain skills in the United States of America.

So i want to use the rest of this year to acquire a skill that will be of great help to me when i get to America.

I want to ask if acquiring a skill of interior design is the best for me or what are the top skills you think i can acquire or someone can acquire before travelling to the United States of America.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by uchejudos(f): 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
Pls don’t be angry
Goodevening all
Pls does anyone have a link for job application for nurses to America
I don’t know how to put it
Like if there is a link for ongoing recruitment for nurses to America or UK

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Capablejaybee: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:
Can i learn like three at once excluding programming?
Show me the way out of this country. How did you do it please? I'm a graduate.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Gatsby(m): 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Learn Tableau or Power BI to develop dashboards for corporations.

Fairly easy and salaries start at $70,000.

Wish you the best success and God bless.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by vickydevoka(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Don't learn anything first. Go there n find out wat is obtainable there. U can learn carpenter n letter u will end up being a garden. So calm down

6 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by najib632(m): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyber security and programming, this will definitely get you a hot cake
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by bigfrancis21: 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:

1) if you are IT inclined or love IT, get some relevant IT certifications done. For example, CCNA.
2) if you are health inclined, some nursing training could help you here.
3) if you are business inclined and are a female, learn some hair making skills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by CrownWale93(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Bro IT skills is a top notch at that side of the world.

And don't forget to contact us for your Travel insurance, my brother if you don't know it will be beneficial for you.

Newseason insurance brokers limited
+2348135102690
CuteMercury:

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Cheks5(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Go for cloud computing. Microsoft Azure Aws and Google cloud services
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
Fvcking skills!

Their girls are something else there o.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by jubrilELsudan: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
LEARN ASHAWO SKILL.

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by zone51: 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:

what are the top skills you think i can acquire or someone can acquire before travelling to the United States of America.

IT Skills; Coding!!!!
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
Benjaniblinks:
angry Leave Nigeria to where undecided Bros we die here..
village people grin
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by privaldo: 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ugaboy:
Any of this Top I.T skills
Graphic design
Digital marketing
Video editing
Programming
Data science
mobile app & web development

(see my signature for details)
this are skill that will never make u go jobless, u can be employed by a firm or be self employed...if you are very smart and fast in learning, this following wont stress u.

Programming is the thing to learn, the bolded ones are fields you specialize in after learning a programming language.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by privaldo: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
islamics:
I don't know if you are into IT but AWS look like a sure bet too.

Great recommendation with the rise of cloud computing, AWS, Azure or GCP will be a sure bet for the Op.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by MiaBeer(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
CuteMercury:

Real cool money in US is where most people don't think it is.

After living here for many years I can tell you that I regret why I didn't learn the following:

Mechanic. People laugh at mechanics in Naija but not in US
Tailoring. Imagine you can make face masks, and Nigerian clothes here.
IT or Computer tech.
Graphic Design.
Video Production and Editing
Data Science
Programming
Web Development

Good luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by adonaimart(m): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
U no well ooo grin grin grin
TammyAnybody:
Barber
Manual Labourer
Tailoring
Mechanic
Carpentry
Plumbery
Electrician
How to wash corpse
How to wash toilet
How to sweep street

grin grin grin grin grin

Add yours....
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:00am On Aug 18, 2020
SavageMaster:
Learn copywriting, graphic design and video editing.

Thank me later

OMO NA TO LEARN RAP SURE PASS
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by AugustusA1(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2020
I reside in NY, automechanic, hairstylist will do you some good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Coquinoqui: 12:20am On Aug 18, 2020
Nor be small thing I dey enjoy una comments.
As for me am a language translator I know American and British sign language(meaning I can communicate with deaf people) , am also skilled in painting (10yrs experience) . What are my chances with these skills in U.S? Any ideas.

And am currently learning Web development and programming online on harvard University its free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Bar1941(m): 12:21am On Aug 18, 2020
CuteMercury:

Whatever skill you acquire, you will need to get similar certification even if it is a Diploma in the US before you can operate on a normal scale in the US except you want to be dealing with just few Nigerian/African clients.

DRIVING is a must, you can learn PLUMBING, WIRING AND ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES FIXING or any other profession as advised.

Allways make your plan to leave the country secret to yourself and always pray for God's guidance and favour even when you get to the US. Going abroad for greener pasture is good but not a certification into being wealthy. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by busomma: 12:24am On Aug 18, 2020
Get urself deeply into IT especially in the areas of cyber security. They're in high demand with average starting salary of $140k/yr. Thank me later.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by tyosho: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2020
Like has been mentioned earlier ,think of IT.
Cloud services (azure ,aws, google cloud) are good skills right now .

Another aspect of IT my friends in the US talk about is IT security .Comptia Security+, Comptia SA, CISA are just some examples of certifications along those lines .

Join Udemy and buy mike Myers and Jason Dion courses if IT is something you can do .

2 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by 360command: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2020
CuteMercury:

you can choose to learn anything various members have listed ,it will come in handy at one point but the fact that I know is when you arrive USA, it might take you 1-3 months before you can work and think of this, it might take you another few months to acquire certificate for you to apply for a job but it all depends on your host whom can put you inline so as you can find job easily.

One skill I will advocate for you to learn is braiding.. just learn how to braid. Don't learn other things relating to hair styling such as applying chemicals etc because if you want to learn all those you need a certificate for it and the govt go check you on that where you need a permit etc..

With Braiding, there is nothing like certification, no govt approval etc.. you can braid girls hair in your house, in their house even though we know the law states that you should not braid hair in homes but a shop. Many people braid hair in homes.. after all, if you want to start, you have to start from home and then later find a shop.

There is money in braiding, as a starter you can make $150 a day.with time,you will build your clientele and you can earn $700.

A beninois gf did this, she usedto earn $10 per hour working in hotel,warehouse which was $80 per day. When she started braiding, she was making $150. Today, that girl whom I usedto visit in her house braiding, has a shop, employing 2african girls who are student. What she makes a day, she can pay for her shop rent in 1 week. That girl earns $700 in a day. And her hair pricing are moderate. Same story to a Nigerian girl that I know, she makes more money than the beninois, employing girls in her shop..but her hair pricing is high..

Let me just say this , nothing comes easy in life, you have to work but you have to be smart about it.

I can also say, if you learn how to become an electrician, you should be able to negotiate with the staffing agency between $24-$28 per hour as long as you know the job. As an electrician, you are sure of having 56hours per week. Do the maths..

Construction, plumbing is owned by Hispanics, they will want to pay a black man low until you proof you can do the extra....

In fact, everything pays in the USA but I just gave you a bullet point as how things will be if you are to come new in America and which is best to breakthrough if you know the skill involve..

Merci mon frere!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by InvertedHammer: 1:16am On Aug 18, 2020
CuteMercury:

/
Interior designing and decoration is a waste of time and effort. Most people don't care that much especially considering that designs are already made and available at cheap prices.
Pack your bags and go. Whatever you will need to survive will be learned in US. Even ordinary barbing we take for granted, you will need minimum 6 months school and a state license. Be ready to start from the bottom. If you are leaving this year, there may not be enough time to learn I.T

By the way, you are one of a kind to put 100% certainty in a future occurrence.
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) / The Story Of AJALA TRAVEL, Africa’s Most Legendary Traveller / Life In Libyan Cells Where Europe-bound Nigerians Die Like Chickens(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.