Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana (32070 Views)

FG Reacts To Killing Of Nigerian Pastor By Chinese Government / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline / FG Reacts To Saraki Exit From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by jrtorrents: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
Black man wickedness and meanness to fellow Blackman, even in China you don't need 2/10 of such amount before you could open a business... And some cowards who have never leave beyond their villages justified the actions... Shame on AFONJAS

1. There are similar laws in Nigeria, if you want Ghana to play fair, remove those laws from the Nigerian constitution.

2. You clearly haven't had any business dealings with Chinese. In several areas of the Chinese economy, you can't even set up a company in China without having a Chinese partner.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Only clowns like you feel entitled to break the law. Even when Nigeria has similar laws on the books you still complain. I repeate you guys reason like mumus. Invest in countries that want your business or move into sectors.

U r a Ghanaian Idiot... By the time Nigeria starts hers dont go about crying like before.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Capnd143:
why u dey like carry Ghana vs Nigeria matter for head?

Na useless Ghanaian.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by EASYLIFE4US: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Audio government cool
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

If you see others breaking the law there report them. You don't see other foreigners complaining about the law like clowns are doing. GUTA been telling Ghana for years enforce law. If they're so bad dont give them your business and hard earned money.
I hope your read this

"He said an inter-ministerial task force went round on August 10 to identify shops owned by Nigerian traders and requested for registration of business taxes, resident permit, standard control and Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC) registration"

I don't need to keep arguing with you, it's a waste of time. I have Ghanaian friends doing Air condition business in Lagos, Even police accord respect to him because he is not from here.. His wife is a big time jewelry dealer. Most of their workers are brought from Ghana.

Ghana should enjoy Thier cheap popularity when we have goverment ready to work, you would hear from us.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
colonelwealth:

U r a Ghanaian Idiot... By the time Nigeria starts hers dont go about crying like before.

Lol you reason like your mumu brothers on this thread. If someone doesn't agree with you they're Ghanians. Why do you clowns feel entitled to break the law?
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by BabaRamota1980: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
jrtorrents:

The question you should be asking is why are they not targeting other foreigners?

if it's just a handful of Nigerians that wouldn't have been a problem, the issue is that the Nigerians come in their droves. In every town and city you will find Nigerian trader. The other traders from Burkina, Mali etc are only just a handful.

The other day I saw 20 beggars (mostly kids and their mothers) on from Kano on the streets of Accra. They're taking over the country.

Thats a trademark of Ibo.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by kokomilala(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria should just severe diplomatic ties with Ghana already. It's not a must we have ties with these arrogant and intolerable people.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
jrtorrents:

The question you should be asking is why are they not targeting other foreigners?

if it's just a handful of Nigerians that wouldn't have been a problem, the issue is that the Nigerians come in their droves. In every town and city you will find Nigerian trader. The other traders from Burkina, Mali etc are only just a handful.

The other day I saw 20 beggars (mostly kids and their mothers) on from Kano on the streets of Accra. They're taking over the country.

You make sense... Than the other bigot.. There are laws you can apply to reduce Thier numbers and the $1m is pure Wickedness.
Even in Nigeria beggars and some road side traders are deported to Thier state of origin in Nigeria and its not a big deal.. But saying every retail business should have s1m before opening any business is not rational at all.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:
I hope your read this

"He said an inter-ministerial task force went round on August 10 to identify shops owned by Nigerian traders and requested for registration of business taxes, resident permit, standard control and Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC) registration"

Lol your arguement is foolish. If you know other foreigners breaking the law report them. If traders broke the law they did nothing wrong shutting down shop.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by BabaRamota1980: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
Black man wickedness and meanness to fellow Blackman, even in China you don't need 2/10 of such amount before you could open a business... And some cowards who have never leave beyond their villages justified the actions... Shame on AFONJAS
Shut up and stop disgracing Nigeria around the globe. We will share with the world that only a particular ethnic group in Nigeria is responsible for this show of shame, and its Igbo. If you dont have any qualms to bring us disrepute in the world, omoibo, trust me we will not have any second thought about sharing who you are to the globe. Other Nigerians are fed up with your bullshyt.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by do4luv14(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
$1m for capital, for business, trading , or working Capital?

Blue3k:
Notice he said it's painful. He didn't claim what they did was illegal or violates ECOWAS protocols. What exactly is the peaceful resolution that he wants. If Traders violated law then Ghana did nothing wrong. Nigeria has similar laws on their books they enforce.

Lol it would be interesting to see if Ghana really want to fold on this issue during an election year. The ruling party would handing easy cannon fooder for their opposition. They would look weak violating their laws to appease foreigners.

Ps: the registration fee for trading company is 31,500 cedis. The capital requirements are a millon dollars. Ignorant people are misinforming the public becsuse they refuse do simple web search.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol your arguement is foolish. If you know other foreigners breaking the law report them. If traders broke the law they did nothing wrong shutting down shop.

You case is that of a reprobate.. Seems, lebanes, Indians, Chinese are now hard to spot. All of a sudden same inter-ministerial task force only know Nigerian shops..

Like i said earlier Ghana should enjoy Thier cheap popularity because of the type of goverment we have.. Ghanaians are not hard to spot in Nigeria same way togolese, chadians and Nigers.... But as an ecowas country we try to carry every one along.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by jrtorrents: 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:

You make sense... Than the other bigot.. There are laws you can apply to reduce Thier numbers and the $1m is pure Wickedness.
Even in Nigeria beggars and some road side traders are deported to Thier state of origin in Nigeria and its not a big deal.. But saying every retail business should have s1m before opening any business is not rational at all.

I agree, personally as an African I don't want to see Nigerians lose their livelihoods. The honest truth is that there is no nation on earth that will allow it's economy to be taken over by other people.

I hope the Government of Ghana come up with better laws. In fact this is one of the main reason why Britain left the EU because Polish people were taking over the country.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol you reason like your mumu brothers on this thread. If someone doesn't agree with you they're Ghanians. Why do you clowns feel entitled to break the law?

U Ghanaians r all over Nigeria committing crimes and enjoying benefits from Nigeria. Yet we harbor u ingrets.

Besides I dont argue with fools.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by baby124: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ghanaians are very stupid people. Were they not almost committing suicide and entering economic recession when we closed our borders the other time?

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by IkwerrePikin: 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ihatemumu:

Ikwerre meka

Deli wene!
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Shut up and stop disgracing Nigeria around the globe. We will share with the world that only a particular ethnic group in Nigeria is responsible for this show of shame, and its Igbo. If you dont have any qualms to bring us disrepute in the world, omoibo, trust me we will not have any second thought about sharing who you are to the globe. Other Nigerians are fed up with your bullshyt.

stop being petty and foolish... Yoruba traders r much in Ghana as well as most Nigerian tribes.
This is about Nigeria not tribes.

Change from bigotry pls.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:

You case is that of a reprobate.. Seems, lebanes, Indians, Chinese are now hard to spot. All of a sudden same inter-ministerial task force only know Nigerian shops..

Like i said earlier Ghana should enjoy Thier cheap popularity because of the type of goverment we have.. Ghanaians are not hard to spot in Nigeria same way togolese, chadians and Nigers.... But as an ecowas country we try to carry every one along.

Clown if you dont want report them and dont want to live by there law dont cry when your shop is shut down. I dont know what sort of criminal culture you come from where you want to break the law because you see other do it. Lol you're the real reprobate advocating for lawlessness.

Lol it took ghana enforcing it laws before clowns like you remember to do same in Nigeria. Its funny thst you're admitting you pay police not to do their jobs. If all these groups are so easy to spot why is Buhari not deporting these illegal immigrants?
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
jrtorrents:

I agree, personally as an African I don't want to see Nigerians lose their livelihoods. The honest truth is that there is no nation on earth that will allow it's economy to be taken over by other people.

I hope the Government of Ghana come up with better laws. In fact this is one of the main reason why Britain left the EU because Polish people were taking over the country.
I understand Thier plight too though there are other means they should benefit their citizens... Even if Nigeria traders leave there, that would not solve unemployment issues in the country.. They should start clamping down on illegal migrant first before businesses and let every business have a Ghanaian working there... That's fair

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
AFONJAPIG:

Pls stop talking nonsense.. This is not needed.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

It's not even up to a year and you forgot the south Africa incident . The only tribe in Nigeria that should say this are Hausa and Fulani.. For your information there is a yorouba speaking community in Ghana and when times comes for exclusion, I don't think they would refer them as yorouba Nigerians or igbo Nigerians
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Crispels(m): 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
nero2face:
u that read till end, oya blame Ghana or individual Nigerians for trading in Ghana, how many Ghanaians are here trading in Nigeria... spit for u

There are thousands of Ghanaian traders in Nigeria. In my former neighborhood in Lagos, there were shop complexes that had mainly Ghanaians there
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
The Government and people of other countries can wake up and decide to treat Nigerians residing in their host country anyhow because they know our Government is hopeless, retarded and can't do anything about it!
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by BabaRamota1980: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
colonelwealth:

stop being petty and foolish... Yoruba traders r much in Ghana as well as most Nigerian tribes.
This is about Nigeria not tribes.

Change from bigotry pls.

No doubt Yoruba traders are in Ghana. In fact Yoruba had been trading in Ghana centuries before Ibo knew there was any place called Ghana, and we never had any regrets or sourness on both sides. When you entered Ghana to trade you brought disrepute.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Litmus: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Ghana what you’re doing to your fellow African-Nigerian brothers is really unfair!

Tomorrow is pregnant oh!

Nigeria will be great!!!

Much of Nigeria’s shambolic Africa relations approach is informed by this “All Africans are our brothers” sentiment inculcated in majority of Nigeria’s generations since just after independence. As it turns out much of this sentiment is not even reciprocated by much of Africa, not one iota. I’ve read too many nationals of African nations insulting Nigerians, even gloating at Bokoharam slaughtering Nigerian women and children. Imagine! My parents whose heads were filled with this Pan-Africanism in turn filled my head with this nonsense too. I blame them also for much of my wasted time preaching, wishing and involving myself in fights that I had no businesses getting involved in just because I witnessed some African individual from one of these nations, that it turns out hated my guts because I was Nigerian, being attacked by none blacks. I may even have a criminal record, having ended up at police station ones for fighting for some Ghanaians against some racist whites. When Nigerians start giving African brotherhood only lip service, as the rest does, Nigeria, I’m sure will go a long way into growing into a better nation for Nigerians. I am convinced that much of Nigeria leaders’ lacklustre performance in power-outside of corruption and such- is to do with them existing in a vagueish bubble of ‘All-Africa’ considerations. This heady delusion has a saprophytic affect on them - like wallowing in smoky Moroccan joint house – that makes concentrating selfishly on Nigeria’s interest unnecessary if not too much effort. If Buhari stopped thinking of Niger and Chad and concentrated on Nigeria, for instance, I am sure something would have been done to seal the borders more effectively in order to protect Nigerians from bandits, terrorists, gun runners, jihadists and opportunists all of them supposed African brothers hell bent on killing you. Many of them were probably even motivated to join the ranks of these miscellaneous miscreants because of hating you as Nigerians. Therefore strike this,[s] " Ghana what you’re doing to your fellow African-Nigerian brothers is really unfair!"[/s] They are not your Brothers, Nigerians are your Brothers. They are looking After their interests.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Legendguy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria govt should react to this by enforcing decrees that will get back to them.
I suggest that Nigeria govt should order NYSC to stop prevent graduate from Ghana no to participate in the NYSC and by so doing no Nigeria will school in Ghana. Ghana makes million of dollars from Nigeria schooling in Ghana

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by zakari247(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
very funny how if $1million is #470,000000. then what the hell will one be doing with such amount in Ghana when the market is in Nigeria? it is just a deliberate attempt to flush out Nigerians from the Ghana tradings. because they know it is an impossible demand that can never be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by jrtorrents: 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Litmus:

Much of Nigeria’s shambolic Africa relations approach is informed by this “All Africans are our brothers” sentiment inculcated in majority of Nigeria’s generations since just after independence. As it turns out much of this sentiment is not even reciprocated by much of Africa, not one iota. I’ve read too many nationals of African nations insulting Nigerians, even gloating at Bokoharam slaughtering Nigerian women and children. Imagine! My parents whose heads were filled with this Pan-Africanism in turn filled my head with this nonsense too. I blame them also for much of my wasted time preaching, wishing and involving myself in fights that I had no businesses getting involved in just because I witnessed some African individual from one of these nations, that it turns out hated my guts because I was Nigerian, being attacked by none blacks. I may even have a criminal record, having ended up at police station ones for fighting for some Ghanaians against some racist whites. When Nigerians start giving African brotherhood only lip service, as the rest does, Nigeria, I’m sure will go a long way into growing into a better nation for Nigerians. I am convinced that much of Nigeria leaders’ lacklustre performance in power-outside of corruption and such- is to do with them existing in a vagueish bubble of ‘All-Africa’ considerations. This heady delusion has a saprophytic affect on them, like wallowing in smoky Moroccan joint house – that makes concentrating selfishly on Nigeria’s interest unnecessary if not too much effort. If Buhari stopped thinking of Niger and Chad and concentrated on Nigeria, for instance, I am sure something would have been done to seal the borders more effectively in order to protect Nigerians from bandits, terrorists, gun runners, jihadists and opportunists all of them supposed African brothers hell bent of killing you. Many of them were probably even motivated to join the ranks of these miscellaneous miscreants because of hating you as Nigerians. Therefor strike this,[s] " Ghana what you’re doing to your fellow African-Nigerian brothers is really unfair!"[/s] They are not your Brothers, Nigerians are your Brothers. They are looking After their interests.

You’re forgetting that in the 80s Nigerian deported 1000s of Ghanaians and other Africans. Some were even killed I’m the process.

This law is not meant to kick Nigerians out of Ghana, there are still 1000s of Nigerians living and working legally in Ghana. This is only meant to reduce the amount of foreigners in the retail part of the Ghanaian economy.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Yankee101: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
Can they try merging resources to form a conglomerate?
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

oh why are u afraid to let them go... Or are you afraid to lose your bread winners... Shame on you lazy bone go and eat your dirty ewedu and Amala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Practising Socialism Or Capitalism? / Police Shoot Young Man Dead In Abia (Graphic Photos) / Uche Nwosu Kidnapped In Church By Imo Government House Security Officials (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.