Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana (32083 Views)

FG Reacts To Killing Of Nigerian Pastor By Chinese Government / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline / FG Reacts To Saraki Exit From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Capnd143(m): 10:35am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:
Notice he said it's painful. He didn't claim what they did was illegal or violates ECOWAS protocols. What exactly is the peaceful resolution that he wants. If Traders violated law then Ghana did nothing wrong. Nigeria has similar laws on their books they enforce.

Lol it would be interesting to see if Ghana really want to fold on this issue during an election year. The ruling party would handing easy cannon fooder for their opposition. They would look weak violating their laws to appease foreigners.

Ps: the registration fee for trading company is 31,500 cedis. The capital requirements are a millon dollars. Ignorant people are misinforming the public becsuse they refuse do simple web search.
why u dey like carry Ghana vs Nigeria matter for head?

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Bluntemperor: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2020
NetCash01:
$1m before you can open shop in Ghana?

Yes Bro,that is Ghana that the govt is treating with levity!
Did Nigerians also know that Ghana ensured that if you are doing any Course there -like Medicine,the Students-mostly Nigerians pays in$- DOLLARS!
You see Nigerian Authority and Nigerian Universities being pushed beyond imagination! It shows that Ghana is thinking-outside-the- box,by collecting Dollars Denominations as School Fees from Foreign Students,even here in West- Africa,yet some lazy pals both in Govt and outside think other Nations will wait for them to run their country.Shame!
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2020
authority2006:

What difference does it make to me or any sensible and patriotic Nigerian? They can't sell pepper or clothes, they can't operate a barber's shop or driving a cab. If individual Nigerian had that kind of money, what would he be looking for in Ghanaian market center?

I don't see Nigerian government victimising Ghanaian traders or any other African in Nigerian markets.

The Nigerians who are being victimised in Ghana are the people who engage in petty trading below and not some Dangotes or Otedolas with 400 millions naira registration or capital

Lol nobody being victimized because they're
demanded to follow the laws of the land. Why do you feel entitled to break their law? If these laws aren't for you find annother suitable country. Dont give your hard earned cash to your supposed victimizers. There are other jobs and businesses these people can participate in.

Nigerians enforce their laws. If you think Ghanians are breaking your laws call the police and or NIS to get rid of them.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:40am On Aug 18, 2020
SIONKPO1:
I personally thinks most Ghanaians are lazy and jealous and for Nigerians there they should try to obey the laws of their host
Nigerians there should start relocating to Ivory coast ,Ghana is just an over hyped village
Personally u think Ghanians are lazy. Same thing u people say South Africans are lazy. U only want to enjoy the hard work of a developing African countries. U are afraid to confront ur government to develop ur country but quick to label others lazy. Is it a crime if all Africans rush to 'Giant of Africa' to enjoy opportunity. Develop Nigeria and see whether u won't be labeled lazy. Bottom line is that Nigerians have no guts but can wail . Even if every country is lazy, na them country. I am not in support of Ghana u must know

2 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by nototribalist: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:
Notice he said it's painful. He didn't claim what they did was illegal or violates ECOWAS protocols. What exactly is the peaceful resolution that he wants. If Traders violated law then Ghana did nothing wrong. Nigeria has similar laws on their books they enforce.

Lol it would be interesting to see if Ghana really want to fold on this issue during an election year. The ruling party would handing easy cannon fooder for their opposition. They would look weak violating their laws to appease foreigners.

Ps: the registration fee for trading company is 31,500 cedis. The capital requirements are a millon dollars. Ignorant people are misinforming the public becsuse they refuse do simple web search.

you ghanaians are going to regret this

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Ekebest: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2020
I am surprised that Nigerians in Ghana claims they didn't see this coming. Ghanaian don't want Nigerians in their country and this in not the first time they are locking shops of Nigeria. This is an act of RETALIATION to Nigeria. They had promised to respond decisively on Nigerians when our borders were closed.
I know it's difficult for you guys over there it's just that our Government over the years failed to put modalities in place to check mate this unpleasant attitude. Start looking for somewhere else because we are not welcome in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by lomprico(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2020
NetCash01:

400 million naira. if I get that kain money what will I be doing in ghana?
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by lomprico(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Ghana what you’re doing to your fellow African-Nigerian brothers is really unfair!

Tomorrow is pregnant oh!

Nigeria will be great!!!

this is ghana's tomorrow. remember 1983?
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by surgical: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2020
stanliwise:
Reactor kor power station Ni.
Once people knows a bulldog is toothless it is not worth a pinch of salt, no matter how much or how long it backs.

Nigeria and Nigerians got themselves into this insult... since we stop developing our own country.
especially this onyema he is an embarrassment

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by sorepco(m): 11:00am On Aug 18, 2020
But na Ghana first drive away Nigerians from Ghana na!

Jaqenhghar:

Abeg make we hear word. When you blocked your borders was that not a breach of ECOWAS protocol?
When you deported them in the 80s was that not a breach of ECOWAS protocol?
Same way you are a sovereign country who can do and undo with no apologies they too can do it.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Valwarren: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2020
1 million dollars.
If they have that amount,what will they still be doing in Ghana.
This is just a measure of chasing Nigerians out of their country.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by sorepco(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2020
Remember 1969? When busia drove away Nigerians from Ghana?

lomprico:

this is ghana's tomorrow. remember 1983?

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by TruthHurts100: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2020
udemzyudex:

LOL.. They are not doing any big business to even warrant our government to do same. Unless the government want to ban their products from entering into the country.

Abi na puff puff seller or wanke seller government wan ban?

Government frustrated their Alomo Bitters too. It's payback time fam.

Nigerians have taken over the wanke business and they've messed it up sef.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Nigeriapen1: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2020
FG ŤHŔ€ÁŤ€Ñ Action Against Ghana Over Treatment Of Nigerian Traders (VIDEO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLf5YpPmoM

Hi Guys, Thanks For Watching.
PLEASE, Kindly Click On The link below To SUBSCRIBE. Free. �

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-XshXEx5sVn2u-HFKx_nHA?sub_confirmation=1
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by sapientia(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2020
Its only Fulanis that no laws apply to in west Africa
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
Black man wickedness and meanness to fellow Blackman, even in China you don't need 2/10 of such amount before you could open a business... And some cowards who have never leave beyond their villages justified the actions... Shame on AFONJAS
some of them like that Bluek are Ghanaians.. Stop this your cat and dog fight.. Nairaland doesn't start from Onitsha and end in Lagos

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2020
I hope the Nigeria gets to a point where staying in our staying will always be a better option than staying in another man's land. I hope this issue is resolved soon.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:
some of them like that Bluek are Ghanaians.. Stop this your cat and dog fight.. Nairaland doesn't start from Onitsha and end in Lagos

Anyone that disagree with you clowns are Ghanians. Lol you both reason like mumus.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Anyone that disagree with you clowns are Ghanians. Lol you both reason like mumus.
majority of your type saying Nigerians should respect the law and leave are Ghanaians... If you are a Nigerian and championing this case then you need to be mentally evaluated.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by meekmill(m): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2020
I see some people saying that , they blame the Nigerian government.
Please you don’t blame others for things that happen to you , you are responsible for your self in this life. I don’t know if you get it?
I schooled in Ghana tho , and i know most Ghanians wishes to be like us , that why they got a lot of hates and envy on us , trying all possible way to get rid of us , but still , we still stand tall.
Some Nigerians are in ghana disgracing our country in different ways , when push comes to shove , they still blame the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by jrtorrents: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2020
What Nigerians don't realize that Ghana like Nigeria is still a very poor African country. Like Nigeria there is still massive unemployment, one of the very few employment avenues is "petty" trading.

Ghana cannot allow those opportunities to be taken over by Nigerians. The $1m is only a deterrent. There are similar laws in Nigeria that restricts certain aspects of the Nigerian economy to only Nigerians. If there were just a handful of Nigerians that wouldn't have been an issue, but almost every town and city in Ghana is now getting taken over by Nigerian traders, who do expect locals to survive?

What Nigeria should be looking as creating opportunities for it's people with it's massive oil revenue and controlling it's growing population. In the year 2000, Nigeria had a population of 122million, in 2020 Nigeria has population of almost 200million. In just 20 years Nigeria has added over 80 million people. How can any nation grow and plan with such massive population growth?

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:
majority of your type saying Nigerians should respect the law and leave are Ghanaians... If you are a Nigerian and championing this case then you need to be mentally evaluated.

Only clowns like you feel entitled to break the law. Even when Nigeria has similar laws on the books you still complain. I repeate you guys reason like mumus. Invest in countries that want your business or move into sectors.

scriptures01:
Many Nigerians here are ignorant of Ghana law.
The law only relates to those entering the retail market, the retail market has been reserved for Ghanaians only in a bid
to keep unemployment low. Foreigners cannot engage in retail in any of the markets.
Many other areas are open for Nigerians to engage in.
example
Services sector
IT sector
etc
There are many Nigerians in Ghana who respected the law and established businesses in the Services Sector, IT
sector and are doing business without any issue.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by jrtorrents: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2020
Nnannapat:
I don't know why many people here are saying that Nigerians in Ghana should leave the country or pay the outrageously insane 1 million USD.

And I ask , what then is the need for ECOWAS treaties? Ghana has been enjoying unfettered access to the Nigerian market due to ECOWAS free trade agreements, companies like Unilever and Nestle produces many products they sell in Nigeria in their Tema factories, you might not notice this until you carefully read the products labels. There are many Ghanaians in Nigeria doing their legitimate business and nobody disturbs them, I know of one who owns a bakery here in Lagos and he is doing very well, I do buy meatpies and bread from there. So imagine if he was to pay 1 million USD before he can operate.

ECOWAS free trade agreements which I believe that Ghana is a signatory to, provides coverage for the free movement of goods, people and services across the sub-region. If Nigeria, Ivory coast, Senegal, Mali, Guninea Conakry should emulate Ghana and impose 1million USD trade license fee on the citizens of other sister nations of ECOWAS then the dreams and aspirations of establishing ECOWAS has been defeated.

You clearly don't understand ECOWAS and what's it's suppose to do. ECOWAS does not mean a Nigerian can pick up his bag, and move to another country and enjoy the same rights as citizens.

Besides this law is only meant to restrict the retail market which is usually reserved for poorer Ghanaians. There are several areas of the Ghanaian economy (banking, IT, law, media, catering, real estate etc) that Nigerians can still operate in Ghana.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by anungangampu: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Only clowns like you feel entitled to break the law. Even when Nigeria has similar laws on the books you still complain. I repeate you guys reason like mumus. Invest in countries that want your business or move into sectors.

so other foreigners involved in retail business shouldn't the law apply to them..

Just use your sense forget bigotry.. We have less than 70yrs here

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2020
SaintBishop:

thank God my people hardly Migrate, it is Igbos and Yorubas that are in your country, deal with them as you please, he no concern me.

what a senseless thing to say....pls Change from tribal bigotry almost all Nigerian tribes can b found in ghana

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by udemzyudex(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Government frustrated their Alomo Bitters too. It's payback time fam.

Nigerians have taken over the wanke business and they've messed it up sef.

How, pls elucidate.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by colonelwealth(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:
so other foreigners involved in retail business shouldn't the law apply to them..

Pls ignore the idiot... He is a Ghanaian.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Arsenal2020(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2020
Stop blaming the government of Ghana rather let the whole blames goes to our government here in Nigeria. Henceforth, nobody should regard Nigeria as giant of Africa again. The Nigeria government especially the present political leaders has failed us woefully. It is unfortunate that those in charge and in power lack the techniques and tactics of playing international politics, Nigeria government should try and learn from the great and superpowers like America, great Britain, and France etc most of their aids and assistance always have attachment and conditions the fact that Nigeria has been playing big brother's roles in Africa, what do the country get back in return ? Internally and externally the country is sick badly, our foreign policy need to be look into by making sure it corresponding to the present global economy and political system. In retaliation, I think Nigeria should cut or suspend her diplomatic relations wit Ghana or do what America did to China ( do me and do u style ) but Ghana should be very careful cuz Nigeria can still ruin their fragile economy well that it is only if Nigeria know how to play their card and the game internationally.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by jrtorrents: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:

The question you should be asking is why are they not targeting other foreigners?

if it's just a handful of Nigerians that wouldn't have been a problem, the issue is that the Nigerians come in their droves. In every town and city you will find Nigerian trader. The other traders from Burkina, Mali etc are only just a handful.

The other day I saw 20 beggars (mostly kids and their mothers) on from Kano on the streets of Accra. They're taking over the country.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Blue3k(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
anungangampu:

If you see others breaking the law there report them. You don't see other foreigners complaining about the law like clowns are doing. GUTA been telling Ghana for years enforce law. If they're so bad dont give them your business and hard earned money.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by BabaRamota1980: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
NetCash01:
It is called tarriffs. You really do not need that to open business but a government can put such tarriffs in place to protect its domestic market from foreign takeover. Its a protectionist approach.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares Photo With Bukola Saraki, Captions It ''God Is With Us My Man / APC Presidential Primaries: Akpabio Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / President Buhari To Send Letter To National Assembly On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.