Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409048 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
salius:

The cost of labour is very high in the north oh, After using 82 bags of cement for the german floor, the bricklayer is asking for 370k as labour for a 4 Bedroom flat. I think its on the high side, pls i need your input.

@ Am alone, please how much wood did u buy for the rafter of your house?

Bros I don't understand what you mean by rafter ooo!!! Maybe if you explain better I can help you
But the  total woods I bought was around 230k including transport
It was 100k. But that design cost me and an extra 130k wood(you can see the woods used  in the pics)
And like I said. Cost of building really varies from place too place.
I did my best here only to find out that it was nothing compared to
the prices of other places.
Oga 370k is 2 much ooo!!! Mine was 280k and they said it was too much grin grin
and all the blocks I used was 9 inches throughout, and I used a total of 5000blocks! including the soak-away pit. No 6 inches at all(the cost of setting a 9 inch block is more than that of a 6 inch block)
Go and get another bricklayer o! because meself won shine my eyes well well oo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
do read up BUILDERS AND DEVELOPERS WISE UP thread on the property section and get your best quotes/ask your questions about electrical wires and cables from maxndianaefo@yahoo.com.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by salius: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Am Alone, thanks for your input, and by rafter I meant the wood to be used for ur roofing. Dunno whether its cheaper to get here. I want to know how much it cost u to get the wood for your roofing! Thanx
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Demain_man:

@Spyder, I dey jelous u ooo. Imagine, you have almost finish the house yet you never spend upto 1-Milla. It's always very good when you know the secret of this building trade oo.

Please advise, I want to belief that with N200,000 I will be able to put up a four room with kitchen and toilet on my land with zink roof and normal window etc. What do you think?

Also, How many blocks do you reckon will bring this house to the lintel level? Just a rough estimate.

Such a house will not be difficult to build, but N400k cant touch it. Budget up to 900k for the whole things assuming you are building in Enugu. Zink roof, no huge arcs, normal aluminium windows, wooden doors, no fancy pillars and just one toilet/bath for the entire building.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Spyder, The house will be like the existing house in that your compound (refer to page 8 ). Na like 'wagon' house. It will be temporal on a piece of land i have in until i get money to start proper development.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
Demain_man:

@Spyder, The house will be like the existing house in that your compound (refer to page 8 ). Na like 'wagon' house. It will be temporal on a piece of land i have in until i get money to start proper development.

Okay, that long house is a temporal structure which I will tear down before moving into this duplex. I had to build it to secure the land when the community fought me for this land last year. The house is an 8 room structure with two public bathrooms and one toilet, built for my workers. It cost around 1.5m to finish and it has balconies in front.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Spyder. thanks for the info. I will start it and hopefully get tenants to pay me advance to complete it grin

I understand a room can go for about N5,000/per month.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Salius
The total money for the woods and nails and Soligum(chemical to treat the woods) and transport
is 374,000.00
300,000 for woods alone
transport 21,000
nails 30,000 (6 bags at 5k per bag! Note the nails are UK made. Uk made is the best)
Soligum @ 3000 I bough 3 and kerosine  I bought 9,000
and to treath the woods I gave them 4,000(below the normal price.)
The woods I bought was Akun!  cool cool cool

The total wood is around 800 pieces

They will start the roofing hopefully on Friday!

GOD ALMIGHTY. FABULOUS HE!, FABULOUS HE!! , BABA!!!
MY GUY CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT!
DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!!!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
Demain_man:

@Spyder. thanks for the info. I will start it and hopefully get tenants to pay me advance to complete it  grin

I understand a room can go for about N5,000/per month.

Thats how I started! In fact, it was tenants that sponsor some of my projects and I started with rooms, even face me I face you sef. We collect N3000 per month here but I can add some hidden charges that can end up fetching me more than that. Just start something as soon as possible, five years from now you will be looking for me to thank me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
for those who love pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2011

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ spyder, loving the pictures. i was asking you on the previous page that do u have a rough idea how much it will cost u to complete your building to replicate your prototype?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
nin001:

@ spyder, loving the pictures. i was asking you on the previous page that do u have a rough idea how much it will cost u to complete your building to replicate your prototype?

I was dodging that question because I dont know the answer, but, let me hazard a guess, anything between 3.5m to 4 m will complete my house to painting level. But we must stick around to find out the real figures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^^

shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
Am Alone, when is it happening on saturday? You no the way its done in yorubaland, its part of the building expense. Hope say na pounded yam and egusi. PM me o!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
spyder880:

I was dodging that question because I dont know the answer, but, let me hazard a guess, anything between 3.5m to 4 m will complete my house to painting level. But we must stick around to find out the real figures.

No Comment! WAEC don release result. Is that yr final answer?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
Brabus
LOL!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
Dem don 2 gbab me
so no food for any1
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Expenses update, today the bricklayers laid 315 blocks, (the rain disturbed their work)
I paid them N6300.00
labourers N2000.00
water N1000.00
I decided to surprise them with some refreshments @N3000.00
total for today is N12,300.00 + 647,050.00 = N 659,350.00 spent so far.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Spyder
You are really doing great!!
I like the price of labour over there
And I like the speed you are driving
No dulling!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Brabus
Please can you post us some pictures of your house
with after the roofing?? Since you said you have roofed
the house already!!!
Also, how much did it cost you for the roofing of your house
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Brabus
Please can you post us some pictures of your house
with after the roofing?? Since you said you have roofed
the house already!!!
Also, how much did it cost you for the roofing of your house

I'd love to, but I've been off site for some weeks now. All pic posted on the thread are old pic already on my system. I'm all out to make some cash for the finishing stage. I'll upload when I have the opportunity to do so.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
Brabus
Don't worry
na small small
e no easy o
And i really gbadu ur honest words
Mo'Chedda!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
But brabus
abeg anytime
u get change
send me that pictures oo
abeg!
thanks
PEACE!!!!!

OLUWA CHAMPION. FABULOUS HE!, FABULOUS HE!!
BA. . . BA!!!
CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT??!
DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
E no easy o! To build, dey chop and still dey play big boy for street. I'm feeling you too.
My finishing will gulp additional N5 - N7m.

1. Landscaping (Interlocking tiles, though I planned to do it myself since I have moulds that can produce 500 tiles at once)
2. Tiles (Granite/Marble finishes)
3. POP/Suspended Ceiling
4. Aluminium/Burglary (custom design)
5. Lightning (Chandelier for the loft, POP lights, Outdoor security lights, etc)
6. Furnitures (kitchen cabinet, wardrobes, doors etc)
7. Solar powered pumping machine
8. Architectural finishes (Quoin, Window surrounds, Stainless steel balustrade, stonewall, glassblock partitions etc)
9. 3-man a side football pitch/
10. and so on.

The house pass child play o. Its more than bricks and mortar!
Make we no distract attention, we can share ideas as per finishes off this thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
E good make house strong gon from the start
so that e go worth any type of finishing!!!
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
Brabus
No vex for this question
but abeg hw much roofing alone
cost you??
Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^^Pls, lets do this off thread. Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by yinka85: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Spyder880
Big well done.
I hope you are already preparing your paper works to expand your biz portfolio and register a company(if you have not done so yet) as a builder because  I guranttee that if you do, your portfolio will span accross the lenght and breath of the country.
I guess there will be loads of ordinary people that are hell scared before but monitoring this thread now that will gladly hand you 7M to build a duplex for them and go to sleep.
Well done once again for the eye opener,no offence to professional builders in the house.
The present economic realities now demand that resources be spent smartly.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
Bros Sir,
Is it not part of the topic?(Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex)

I want to know so as to know how to follow mine up! undecided undecided undecided
since you don't want to talk about it
no probs.
Peace!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DCGUY: 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
brabus, If you are looking to installed anything solar at your house; try www.ucgsolar.com. My mums house uses inverters and solar panels that we bought from them at a reasonable price. They are a US company with a branch/outlet in Nigeria.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2011
@DCGUY, Thanks. I will check them out. I saw some outdoor solar lights in Ikeja yesterday. It makes a lot of sense. Who needs PHCN anyway?

I noticed they have a shop in Ikota Shopping Complex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.