Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,095 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (411617 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2011
My contractor is charging me N180,000 for the casting design , which includes about 44 windows,some arches few pillars. And to decorate the entire duplex of eight bedrooms, front elevation glazed with glass. Please i will need an idea on the cost of these casting designs.
thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by unipol(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2011
love this, keep it on.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2011
benimeogu:

My contractor is charging me N180,000 for the casting design , which includes about 44 windows,some arches few pillars. And to decorate the entire duplex of eight bedrooms, front elevation glazed with glass. Please i will need an idea on the cost of these casting designs.
thanks.

Without knowing which type of casting design, or what sizes of windows and the quality of materials used, it will be difficult to know if the price is high or normal.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
There is something I want to calculate, from the foundation digging stage to the completion of the casting until the foundation is covered with german floor, how much can it take me in labour and materials except for blocks which I already have. It will be interesting to know. I have a mental figure of N300,000, lets see how it goes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:38am On Feb 21, 2011
Still the best thread . . . . loving it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by igbanbajo(m): 6:30am On Feb 21, 2011
Still a nice thread.
May God bless all posters.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by igbanbajo(m): 6:31am On Feb 21, 2011
smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
How do we do this? I want to buy a big 1000 gallons tank and dont know whether to add this as part of the building costs. The tank will be used to aid water supply and storage on site but it has residual value after the house is finished. I think I will add it as part of my expenses.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2011
Storex plastic tank = N49000.00
Transportation and handling =N1000.00

Total N50,000 + N137,800.00 = N187,800.00

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2011
Another 280 blocks made today from 8 bags of cement. N3200 paid bringing the total money spent so far to N191,000.00
Total blocks made stands at 1100. Tomorrow, the remaining 7 bags of cement will be moulded. And we can clear the blocks to start digging from Friday or Saturday.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
Still loving the thread and taking so much noooooooooooooooooooooteeeeeeeeeeeee
I wonder when the Admin would make this a front page thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
My house is going on FINE!!!! AND SO I THANK THE LORD
I like to bring cost of buildings in bulk so as to save time and
reduce the stress of the reader.
Furthermore I will post us some more pictures next week
Ty
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by lola56uk: 2:29am On Feb 22, 2011
Amazing Thread !!!! been following it for a while. It will be great if some pictures are uploaded.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2011
lola56uk:

Amazing Thread !!!! been following it for a while. It will be great if some pictures are uploaded.

Check page 2 for the pictures uploaded, next week I will upload foundation pictures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by snthesis(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2011
NL rocks grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2011
Still Loving it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2011
The block making is complete. Total number made is 1342. Lets see which is cheaper, buying or moulding.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2011
Buying blocks = 1342 blocks x N110 = N147,620.00

Moulded blocks
cement N72000
loaders N800
transport N2000
sand N24000 (only 4 trips used)
moulding labour N16000
water N4000
Total N118,800.00

Money saved = N28,820

The debate is now, is the money saved worth the time wasted/waiting?
Is it better to continue mouding in subsequent block needs or just go on and buy, plus, I will spend about N5000 packing out the blocks from the building area before the foundation is dug.

What do you think?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2011
Waoh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for the update, all eyes opened

about moulding blocks, I can say it all depends on time.

some have enough time to monitor things and some don`t have enough time.

the extra money on buying is what we pay for not having enough patience.

sometimes we pay to save time bro.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:15am On Feb 23, 2011
At the end of the day, i would love to know how much blocks in both sizes that would finish such home on those pix
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 23, 2011
This is a great thread and I wish this there was something like this to help us along when we started. Hope you all dont mind if I chip my little in on finishing. Sorry if I am jumping the gun a little  smiley

The prices below are for 2 buildings; one 4 bedroom and one 3 bedroom being built together. The picture below is of the 3 bedroom. The 4bed is still in its finishing stages.

I only have some of the figures as my husband dealt with the workers.

We made a lot of mistakes along the way and some things had to be redone/paid for twice etc but I am happy to help anyone who has questions on the finishing because that was the bit that I was really involved with as the woman concern  wink

For example some doors had to be removed because some of the frames were not straight, so the doors we not hung straight, by this time the walls had already been screeded, so we had to remove the door and frame, readjust the frame, put in a new door, the bricklayer had to recement, the painter had to re screed and the tiler had to retile that area.

So far some of the figures I know about are; ( I will check with him to see if I got them right)

Tiles & tiling for both houses - 1.3 Million
Wiring both houses - 1 million (we are purchasing light fittings for the main house)
POP - for the 4 bed house - 750K - I m not too sure about this figure
PVC - for the 3 bed house - 400k - I m not too sure about this figure
Kitchen for the 3 bed house - Local Carpenter - N250K
Fitted kitchen for the 4 bed house - N450K
Painting for the 3 bed house - N70K Will come back on this one
Painting for the 4 bed house - N120K Will come back on this one
Gutter - 80K
Fancy edging round both houses - 80k
Doors - approx 17K each
Frames - cant remember
Crazy paving/Landscaping - Have been given a quote for 1 Million
Wardrobes for the 3 bed - Local carpenter - N350K
Fitted wardrobes for the 4 bed - N650,000
Cleaning of the 3 bed house after building - N50,000
Landlords Association/Nepa Connection - N50,000
Floating/Screeding for Main House - N220K
4 pillars - N56K

If I remember any more I will let you know

You also need the following;
Cough Mixture - N5000 - Because you will shout tire 
Paracetamol - N5000 - To sooth Headache & relieve tension 
Your own personal Calculators - Because their own tends to overcalculate  grin  grin

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 9:44am On Feb 23, 2011
@chaircover

nice house, is it a twin building or separate? and how much does it cost for the development , location if you don't mind.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tony13: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2011
@ chaircover i need a lot help can we connect on yahoo mesenger or other mine is safuratu14

thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kodewrita(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
chaircover:

Your own personal Calculators - Because their own tends to overcalculate grin grin

tools of the trade. lol grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omodapson(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
I'm loving this!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
chaircover:

This is a great thread and I wish this there was something like this to help us along when we started. Hope you all dont mind if I chip my little in on finishing. Sorry if I am jumping the gun a little  smiley

The prices below are for 2 buildings; one 4 bedroom and one 3 bedroom being built together. The picture below is of the 3 bedroom. The 4bed is still in its finishing stages.

I only have some of the figures as my husband dealt with the workers.

We made a lot of mistakes along the way and some things had to be redone/paid for twice etc but I am happy to help anyone who has questions on the finishing because that was the bit that I was really involved with as the woman concern  wink

For example some doors had to be removed because some of the frames were not straight, so the doors we not hung straight, by this time the walls had already been screeded, so we had to remove the door and frame, readjust the frame, put in a new door, the bricklayer had to recement, the painter had to re screed and the tiler had to retile that area.

So far some of the figures I know about are; ( I will check with him to see if I got them right)

Tiles & tiling for both houses - 1.3 Million
Wiring both houses - 1 million (we are purchasing light fittings for the main house)
POP - for the 4 bed house - 750K - I m not too sure about this figure
PVC - for the 3 bed house - 400k - I m not too sure about this figure
Kitchen for the 3 bed house - Local Carpenter - N250K
Fitted kitchen for the 4 bed house - N450K
Painting for the 3 bed house - N70K Will come back on this one
Painting for the 4 bed house - N120K Will come back on this one
Gutter - 80K
Fancy edging round both houses - 80k
Doors - approx 17K each
Frames - cant remember
Crazy paving/Landscaping - Have been given a quote for 1 Million
Wardrobes for the 3 bed - Local carpenter - N350K
Fitted wardrobes for the 4 bed - N650,000
Cleaning of the 3 bed house after building - N50,000
Landlords Association/Nepa Connection - N50,000
Floating/Screeding for Main House - N220K
4 pillars - N56K

If I remember any more I will let you know

Your own personal Calculators - Because their own tends to overcalculate  grin  grin

Madam CC, welcome on board. Nice house, I sabi say you like better things!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

Thanks for the update, all eyes opened

about moulding blocks, I can say it all depends on time.

some have enough time to monitor things and some don`t have enough time.

the extra money on buying is what we pay for not having enough patience.

sometimes we pay to save time bro.

You pretty well summed the whole thing up, its about the value of time as it relates to money.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by harakiri(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2011
It would be helpful and more interesting if you guys posted pictures together with the building costs so we have an idea of where all the money is "going".
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2011
I forgot to update us on the total expenses. N2800 was paid for the remaining 7 bags moulded bringing the total money spent so far to N193800.00. And yet we have not started digging the foundation. Am waiting a few days for the blocks to dry after watering it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
harakiri:

It would be helpful and more interesting if you guys posted pictures together with the building costs so we have an idea of where all the money is "going".

I uploaded my building plan pictures back in page 2. We will start digging from Saturday. I promise to paste the foundation pictures when we start digging, latest by Teusday next week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2011
Keep them coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.