Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409420 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2011
hasyak:

will appreciate if you can post some of the pics of the doors and prices.

thanks.
hasyak:

will appreciate if you can post some of the pics of the doors and prices.

thanks.

Bros no vex, I don't have that mind of
taking pictures of thing I'm not ready to
pay for yet o! I don't want to look like a
spy o! lol
Anyways, I got some fair prices and still
have not seen what I want especially for
my entrance and for the entrance to my
lobby.

Because I will not be using flush doors atall(lovely wooden doors)
The flush as was told sell from 12k to 32k
But for the door I choose for my rooms sells for 46k(but will get a 7 to 8% discount or more)
Then for the main entrance, I am still kind of looking.
I saw a bullet proof one at Mushin(went there today again) and they were calling 145k(didn't negociate)
and again, I saw another door @ one other company I visited and they were calling 120k(I told them I will
pay 90k sha). It is very solid, but not bullet proof. And one thing I noticed is that; It was even kind of more
solid than the one I saw at mushin that they were calling 145k. They claim it is bullet resistance. But when I complained
to this company, they told me those are not bullet proof, that bullet proof doors can be extremely heavy, and you can
never get it for as low as 150k. Even if you are buying it from abroad. That they are just calling it bullet proof. That it is just
a security door, and not bullet proof. Don't know how true this is anyways, just thought
I let we all know!

Furthermore, I notice some steel doors sells for 130k and they are not bullet proof
so how come bullet proof will sell for 150k(na wa oo)
Anyways, the other company Mike introduced to me, it cool and that is where I saw
the 3ft doors i will be using. And I saw their bullet proof doors there, and I must confess,
that looks more like bullet proof and they are very sure of it. Again, they gave me
a catalog that shows the inside of it, and I must say, I am very certain it is.
For the 4ft, it is going for 206k or so. But it looks more like an office door and
I don't thinks it will add much beauty to my house
Peace too y'all
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kingboy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
dear all
spyder and am alone is teaches us that every single journey starts with a WALK. keep WALKING, never give up on your dreams/desire/goals until you get there.
we all will definitely get there.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tonjon: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
@mr am alone and mr spyder880
I appreciate all what you both have posted on this thread.
I about planning to build for the first time, what i plan to build is a twin duplex, please can you tell me how much u think can build a 4 bedroom twin duplex in ajah(dry land) from foundation to moderate finishing.I will await your urgent reply
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]@ am alone,@ spyder 880

i am really impressed with this forum, your post has really enlightened me more about building a house, i have a good taste also but i don't really have time to supervise my project. but presently i am building a 5 bedroom duplex in Lagos and am about to do the decking, i have problem with my plan which i paid 60,000 naira for, now i need an expert who can help me to correct the first floor plan, so i wont regret  building the house. PLS CAN SOMEBODY ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO,
will try to upload the picture of project.

@Am alone, sure love your roof, can u introduce or give me the number of the person that did your gutter roofing ?

@spyder880, seems we are at the same level now, pls get me posted as per the total cost of your decking, may God help you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
tonjon:

@mr am alone and mr spyder880
I appreciate all what you both have posted on this thread.
I about planning to build for the first time, what i plan to build is a twin duplex, please can you tell me how much u think can build a 4 bedroom twin duplex in ajah(dry land) from foundation to moderate finishing.I will await your urgent reply

grin grin But you should have asked us seperately na, you know what to expect when two of us answer to this cost estimate, especially considering the finishing aspect, it will be helpful if you state what you mean by 'moderate'
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
Cost of construction in Ajah
is quite different from most parts of Lagos
Everything is inflated. Blocks,Woods,Labour,Cement,Omo onile,Bricklayer,Carpenter
EVERYTHING, INFLATED.

I also learnt Dry Land No Dry Land, In AJAH
you need a raft foundation(especially for upstairs)
So bros tonjon, I will advice that you get an engineer
to give you an extimate.
Not to discourage you
you can get it cheaper than you expect if possible
but I strongly advice that you take your time
to get the estimate before you proceed
Peace!
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fanky: 12:29am On Apr 30, 2011
@Am Alone, great work and nice house, please is Metro Tiles better than Metro Tiles? My roof is almost completed and I have got quotation from both Metro and Gerald but is confused as which of them seem to be best in quality. Please your advice is needed. God will see you through in giving you money to complete this wonderful work you are doing
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fanky: 12:30am On Apr 30, 2011
Correction: @Am Alone, great work and nice house, please is Metro Tiles better than Gerald Tiles? My roof is almost completed and I have got quotations from both Metro and Gerald but still confused as which of them seem to be best in quality. Please your advice is needed. God will see you through in giving you money to complete this wonderful work you are doing
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2011
@Fanky,
I will say they are both same, just the design/pattern
differentiate them. They are both beautiful as well.
But please be careful when you choose color. I can't
say for Gerald tiles but for metro tiles, the black is the
best. Also, the brown(pure brown) is mind-blowing as well
but any other color to me is like a waste of cast, because
it won't give much beauty to your house. But they are all
very durable.
Good lucks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by grace5: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2011
@ tonjon.
CALL THIS GUY TO HELP YOU BUILD REASONABLE CHARGE
ADEKUNLE 08022010866.

THANKS
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tonjon: 9:23am On Apr 30, 2011
ok o @spyder880
please can you tell me how much u think can build a 4 bedroom twin duplex in ajah(dry land) from foundation to good taste(average) finishing.I will await your urgent reply
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2011
tonjon:

ok o @spyder880
please can you tell me how much u think can build a 4 bedroom twin duplex in ajah(dry land) from foundation to good taste(average) finishing.I will await your urgent reply

Will you love to fix gutter roof, stone tile roof or expensive security doors?
If you wont fit those types and decide to do a normal long span aluminium roof, moderate doors and windows, then I think you should be looking at N25m to complete the house. Its better to strenghten this foundation since you build in Ajah, so 5m can do the foundation to german floor, ground floor till decking will clear N6m, top floor till roofing will not be less than N5m, including ceilings, then the remaining N9m will go to finishing, toiletries, electricals, plumbings, doors and windows, and all other types of trims and fits, including paints.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2011
My iron benders are laying the whole rods to form the decking mat, and they discovered that the rods we have here is not enough. So I have bought an additional 40 lenghts of 12mm to add to the work, each costs N1400, making it a total of N56,000.
I also bought some little materials like 1/2 sheet of plywood for curves N600, fan hooks N500, tie rods N2800. The transport and loading will cost N2400, all will total N62,300.
This will add up to N1,621,300.00 as the latest cost of building this house. Pictures will come later in the day.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fanky: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2011
@Am Alone, God bless you for this wonderful information
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:45am On May 01, 2011
^^^My Pleasure!
those who love pictures
hope you like
peace
OLUWA CHAMPION!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by skillsict: 3:30am On May 01, 2011
Am alone, I love your house. I will appreciate if you can send a copy of the plan to my email address tubeyou98@yahoo.com.sg
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by toolegit: 7:59am On May 01, 2011
@Am alone
Good job, have learnt alot from your posts. Pls keep it up.

@Spyder
You re da bumb, u ve open our eyes to possibilities. I followed your posts with keen interest.

Jah bless u guys.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:37pm On May 01, 2011
skills_ict:

Am alone, I love your house. I will appreciate if you can send a copy of the plan to my email address tubeyou98@yahoo.com.sg

Bros, in your inbox!
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by skillsict: 12:44pm On May 01, 2011
@Am alone, thank you very much.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Dikyson: 4:47pm On May 01, 2011
@spyder880. How is the decking work going? hope you are progressing. What is the sq ft or sq m (area) you are decking in your duplex.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ADEBYTE: 6:57pm On May 01, 2011
@Am alone.Love what i am seeing.God bless you.I have actually failing in love with the design of your house and would really appreciate if you can please send the exact plan of your house to me at biyiade2@yahoo.com

Your prompt response will greatly be appreciated
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2011
Dikyson:

@spyder880. How is the decking work going? hope you are progressing. What is the sq ft or sq m (area) you are decking in your duplex.

Will look at the plans tomorrow and revert.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 10:59pm On May 01, 2011
@ am alone,i really love ur house,i have been looking at all your post with keen interest,yours and lawyer and they are quite enlightening,this is the first time i have ever made a comment on here,i have a site around the alpha beach area n because of your roof design,i have decided to totally take down my roof n do it like urs,it is a unique design that will really stay in vogue over time,pls inbox me ur email address so we can liase as i am not based in the country as well and i do often come home frequently,i will like to learn a few from u guys, once again,nice thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 12:53am On May 02, 2011
@Am Alone

How much you spent on your roofing alone? I want to compare to mine that is 59 feet by 68 feet.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:49am On May 02, 2011
Bros Payless,

The roofing alone cost me 2.1million

The roofing sheet cost 1.5m
the wood work cost an extra 600k(including labour of 150K)
I still have about 50 woods which I will be using for the security house
and I still have more than enough of the roofing sheet to complete the security house
for me.(My security house will be a big one, with a toilet attached).
{Peace!!!!}

My house is not square or rectangular in shape
but it measures 46.3ft by 65.4ft
then the gutter roof shoot out at almost 1ft 8 inches
so if I add that, I can say
48ft by 67ft
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:03pm On May 02, 2011
omobashua1:

@ am alone,i really love your house,i have been looking at all your post with keen interest,yours and lawyer and they are quite enlightening,this is the first time i have ever made a comment on here,i have a site around the alpha beach area n because of your roof design,i have decided to totally take down my roof n do it like urs,it is a unique design that will really stay in vogue over time,pls inbox me your email address so we can liase as i am not based in the country as well and i do often come home frequently,i will like to learn a few from u guys, once again,nice thread

Bros thanks
but u no say I no dey sell anything here sha! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:04pm On May 02, 2011
ADEBYTE:

@Am alone.Love what i am seeing.God bless you.I have actually failing in love with the design of your house and would really appreciate if you can please send the exact plan of your house to me at biyiade2@yahoo.com

Your prompt response will greatly be appreciated

ur inbox!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:08pm On May 02, 2011
My work is kind of slow because of this one bricklayer policy!
anyhow sha, the bricklayer came with 2more to support him
because he didn't make it last saturday
I am still looking for doors to use
the place I went today is out of it(6ft door going for 1.8m shocked and the 4ft one 900k)
wey I no thief goverment money!!!
Lol!!!
Peace
I will update us with some pictures of ma fence tomorrow sha
I want to start the security house soonest
PEACE!
&iknowyoulike! smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by dor75: 1:20pm On May 02, 2011
Hi guys!   can You pls tell me what materials are  needed to do
a foundation for a twin bungalow. Tnx
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 02, 2011
@Am Alone

Bros Payless,

and I still have more than enough of the roofing sheet to complete the security house
{Peace!!!!}

48ft by 67ft
Peace

Thanks for the information
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ijm02: 2:21pm On May 02, 2011
@Am Alone
Great work. I've been lurking all this time but I've been following this thread since the start. I really love your building, hope you don't mind emailing me the plan as well (I know quite a few people have also asked  wink)  my email is femi@dragonit.co.uk
Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On May 02, 2011
payless:

@Am Alone

Bros Payless,

{Peace!!!!}

48ft by 67ft
Peace

Thanks for the information

Show us some pix, if you don't mind . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.