Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,447 members, 7,861,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409276 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2011
Somatic:

Made it to page 66. YAY!!!!

Thumbs up Spyder880, brabus, Kuntash (d Benz guy) Fhemmy and not forgetting the swag am alone. Hopefully u wont b alone in eating rice at housewarming.

Spyder, prepare 4 me in 2015 by Gods grace. I wan use 100k Build 12 room mansion with 2 penthouse, football pitch and all etc wey go make Brabus deasgn look like village house.

More bricks to your elbows.

grin grin grin grin
I believe you mean N100 million? Abi you need to change your keyboard for the typo?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by agabaI23(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2011
Somatic:

Made it to page 66. YAY!!!!

Thumbs up Spyder880, brabus, Kuntash (d Benz guy) Fhemmy and not forgetting the swag am alone. Hopefully u wont b alone in eating rice at housewarming.

Spyder, prepare 4 me in 2015 by Gods grace. I wan use 100k Build 12 room mansion with 2 penthouse, football pitch and all etc wey go make Brabus deasgn look like village house.

More bricks to your elbows.
Well done bro
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 8:32pm On May 16, 2011
na only in niger u go see poor man wey dey tell rich people how to spend his money,anybody is entitled to spend his money whichever way they deem fit, @ am alone is detailing what he has used so far in building his house n what he intends to use, every bigmouth seems to always pick on him,i will like to think d benefit of this thread is to gain knowledge from one another, 4get about constructive criticism,i see alot of stuff i don't agree out here but i have learned to filter some stuff out n at d same time hold some few ideas that i know will be beneficial to me, @ spyder 880,their is no way u gonna build a swimming pool for 750k,u need atleast 2.5million which i think it is even near impossible but yet again location matters,a friend of mine just built one about a year ago in lekki 1,it cost him about 4million,i will like to think that's lekki price because of d location n d fact that it is waterlogged n it will require alot more technical expertise n ofcourse consume more materials nonetherless,750k is impossible unless it is a water reservoir, at brabbus,that house looks exactly like some house right before the chevron round about in lekki,i love d color of that house,also in regards to d door situation,@am alone is right because alot of ready made doors requires u to atleast have installed some form of wooden frame on d door walls,ur carpenter will do this n u will require some few woods,this is where u will later attach d ready made door too,u r also right too because he can delay buying d door till later since he has already done d wooden frame which needs to be done b4 they plaster d house but d truth of d matter is,he is d owner of d house n only he knows d pace at which he is comfortable in moving forward, i know i like to buy all my materials too in advance knowing that i have set a target of where i need to stop so man can recoup n go hussle for more money in other to continue again
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 8:56pm On May 16, 2011
omobashua1:

na only in niger u go see poor man wey dey tell rich people how to spend his money,anybody is entitled to spend his money whichever way they deem fit, @ am alone is detailing what he has used so far in building his house n what he intends to use, every bigmouth seems to always pick on him,i will like to think d benefit of this thread is to gain knowledge from one another, 4get about constructive criticism,i see alot of stuff i don't agree out here but i have learned to filter some stuff out n at d same time hold some few ideas that i know will be beneficial to me, @ spyder 880,their is no way u gonna build a swimming pool for 750k,u need atleast 2.5million which i think it is even near impossible but yet again location matters,a friend of mine just built one about a year ago in lekki 1,it cost him about 4million,i will like to think that's lekki price because of d location n d fact that it is waterlogged n it will require alot more technical expertise n ofcourse consume more materials nonetherless,750k is impossible unless it is a water reservoir, at brabbus,that house looks exactly like some house right before the chevron round about in lekki,i love d color of that house,also in regards to d door situation,@am alone is right because alot of ready made doors requires u to atleast have installed some form of wooden frame on d door walls,your carpenter will do this n u will require some few woods,this is where u will later attach d ready made door too,u r also right too because he can delay buying d door till later since he has already done d wooden frame which needs to be done b4 they plaster d house but d truth of d matter is,he is d owner of d house n only he knows d pace at which he is comfortable in moving forward, i know i like to buy all my materials too in advance knowing that i have set a target of where i need to stop so man can recoup n go hussle for more money in other to continue again
This post is not ^^^ please apply the highlited and post again! Not being rude but bros eye wan kill me where I dey try read watin you write.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:31pm On May 16, 2011
@ omobashua1
Bros I wanna talk to you, because I know you've build in Lagos and you really know whats up!
@ Brabus, I want to tell you that you are really contradicting yourself - How?
You gave us an estimate to finish your house to be 12 to 15m(even though I still doubt the 4.5m spent so far on your house to
the stage you posted on the picture. You can still repost how you spend that cast so far. Including omo onile, approval and every!)
Now I am building a 4 bedroom bungalow that is bigger than you 5 bedroom duplex, with a gutter roof, stone coated roofing sheet(3 times
more expensive than aluminum step tiles - correct me!). And you are here telling people that 7m will finish it! Its that kind of funny?

Now I have spent over 7m(approval, omo onile,kitchen and toilet assessiories,house burglary and some electrical works all gulp a little over 1.3m of that money and again, all this things has not being included in that yet on the picture money!!!)
Granite alone here cost 125k for 30ton.
Sand cost nothing less than 22k for 10 ton
block cost nothing less than 145k now for 9"(I prefer 9" so i used it all through)

So, can you please explain to us how possible it is for your 5bedroom duplex to be built with 12 to 15m
while my 4bedroom house that is bigger than your 5bedroom duplex, has a gutter roof, and uses stones coated roof
than is more expensive than aluminum to be cheaper to build!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:02pm On May 16, 2011
GERMAN FLOORING(DPC)   

Boarding(Carpentry Work)                                      27,000.00   
Casting Labour                                                      65,000.00   
Granite(2 trips@52k & 1@62k)                         166,000.00   
Lining of borehole                                                        4,000.00   
Cement(68 bags)@ N1.7k/bag&9bags@1.9k    131,500.00   
Sharp Sand(3 Trips@10k)                                      30,000.00   
Masons labour(Bricklayers)                                      30,000.00   
Pumping machine                                                       25,000.00   
Miscellaneous                                                        7,000.00

Sub-Total                                                      485,500.00

FOUNDATION   

Clearing of site                                       5,000.00   
Cost of Borehole                                     35,000.00   
Excavation                                     80,000.00   
Binding of Rods                                     19,000.00   
Rods,pegs,timber                                   145,000.00   
Cement(70 bags) @ N1,700/bag   119,000.00   
Granite(two trips) ie N52k &62K   114,000.00   
Blocks(2300@125)                                   287,500.00   
Labour(concrete casting)     80,000.00   
Labour(concrete mixing)     20,000.00   
Pumping machine hire per day       2,000.00   
Sharp Sand(4 Trips)                     40,000.00   
Walling including Labour   200,000.00   
Building of Columns                   200,000.00   
Sand Filling of Foundation   300,000.00   
Sand Filling of Foundation   200,000.00

Sub-Total                                                      1,846,500.00

Atleast this quotation go make some people get a clear understanding of what
it really takes to build a house!

Atleast some people can see that construction is not really very cheap as people makes it look!
I assure you, the only way to build a 6 bedroom duplex for less than 10m naira, is to compromise quality!

Now bros, your german floor took 77 bags!!!! Mine was 80! And everybody thinks I am wasting money!
And some people are even doing it with 20 to 25bags to tell you they can really save money!

Your house is very high! Mine too is 4 coaches above the ground. But the kitchen, dinning and stores are 5 coaches!
and that really took close to 200k to fill!
Granite was used for my house. Unlike gravel that some bought for 36k for 30ton, mine was bought for 130k! for 30ton!
1:6:8 is what is recommended, 1:6:8 is what I am using(despite the face that I'm using granite!) Some use gravel
that is suppose to take more cement than granite and still mix 1:12:12. I look @ your face and laff! Just 20yrs I what I give you!

Not to mention 1 bag of cement to 44 blocks! Not just blocks, but hand mould! Ok!
I no mean to insult anybody! But to build a good house is not just that easy!

And like all the time!
Peace!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:09pm On May 16, 2011
@ Brabus,

Bros sir, sha know say you no dey my pocket!

Unlike you, I no dey manage! And incase you no know,

If na 15m e go take me to finish that house, I far more than that cash

E fit dey pain you say I dey spend my money o

But bros no vex, na my money! MY MONEY!!!

Na me go decide how to spend am!

And if only chance permit me, I done even suppose buy all my a/c and interior fitting down now!

But because I fit later change some things, na why I decide to relax! First!

So bros, I no be pikin wey you go teach how to spend him money!

Besides, you know no how much dey my hand to tell me say if I build reach one place

make i go find money!!! lol grin grin grin

And like all the time
Peace!!!!! grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:16pm On May 16, 2011
Bros, @ youngben

I am paying 48k total - Including the piping, wiring and electrical fitting for my house

Actually, the quotation for all that was suppose to be 37k. But when the electrician saw
the house, he said it was too big. That was when it go there. I negotiated it from 60k to that

Also, the work include the electricals for the fence and security house. Again my house electrical
is kind of complicate. Good lucks, if you can get it cheaper!

Again,
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by diordaves(m): 10:30pm On May 16, 2011
prince_onx:

Bros it look like you're mixing both prices from 2009 and today for us! I asked about the date on your pictures and you gave the above reply. I was also shocked at the cost of your decking labour but now am wondering if that was also done 2yrs ago. From the above foundation picture #2101 it look like you've been on this job for over 2yrs. You can also see that the house (post #2081) with blue frame around the roof was not there during your foundation. I am not picking on you but I hope you're giving us recent labour and material cost before somebody go slap him contractor or supervisor for the prices you did yours 2yrs back

@prince_onx: If you go through my post again you will notice I said my decking is earmarked for Sept, 2011. I have not done the decking. The N45K mentioned and highlighted by you was an example and not real.

While the land and community youth wahala was done in Dec, 2009, work started in earnest Easter of 2010, so ALL price quoted are valid. The house with blue roof you mentioned was brought to that stage in about 4 months ( Easter period of 2010).

The walling to lintel level was done during the election period of 2011. So again ALL prices are valid.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by diordaves(m): 10:48pm On May 16, 2011
Am Alone:

Atleast some people can see that construction is not really very cheap as people makes it look!
I assure you, the only way to build a 6 bedroom duplex for less than 10m naira, is to compromise quality!

Now bros, your german floor took 77 bags!!!! Mine was 80! And everybody thinks I am wasting money!
And some people are even doing it with 20 to 25bags to tell you they can really save money!

Your house is very high! Mine too is 4 coaches above the ground. But the kitchen, dinning and stores are 5 coaches!
Granite was used for my house. Unlike gravel that some bought for 36k for 30ton, mine was bought for 130k! for 30ton!
1:6:8 is what is recommended, 1:6:8 is what I am using(despite the face that I'm using granite!) Some use gravel
that is suppose to take more cement than granite and still mix 1:12:12. I look @ your face and laff! Just 20yrs I what I give you!

Not to mention 1 bag of cement to 44 blocks! Not just blocks, but hand mould! Ok!

And like all the time!
Peace!!! grin grin grin

@ Am Alone: I feel you and I know how you feel when you are being knocked down for over spending. I for one don't feel you are over spending. You are right well within the normal and real cost of building a house. Your approach is the average,(real cost) so you can build below the average or above the average. In Delta, if you are building a quality house, it should be at least 4 coaches high, granite, and all round lintel, the exact same thing you are doing. So if you ask me you are not doing badly. Don,t allow yourself to be knocked down. After all you are only doing us a favour.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:10pm On May 16, 2011
spyder880
@ brabus, those pictures are lovely but I dont think my guy will like these levels, Am Alone will need something higher, please raise the bar a little and show us more higher quality luxury so he can choose from.
Do you have hanging gardens as landscape design, or whale skin leather chairs?

Bros spyder, with all due respect, you don't need that!
that house is very much okay! And I see me steal somethings from their!

Sir, again, I no be like you! A rented apartment(3bedroom) last year was furnished with 2.5m!
the owner/my friend paid `1.8million(900k per annum) Agent, agreement and other fees not included!!!
I no real feel like bringing the figure here o! But make you just know!
Total cast spent on the rented 3bedroom was over 4.5m

And I have friends who even pay 3m per annum!
But moi is paying less than 200k per annum(3bedroom)
Maybe because I don't think the best place to spend
my fortune is in others people's houses!!!!
This is my house, I'm going to live in it for as long as . . . . . .
The money I refuse to spend on others people's house
I choose to invest in mine. I don't really believe much in quantity
that is why I think having a bungalow that is very presentable is ok for me!

You too have seen other's peoples quotation around here
Did anyone by any means correspond with yours? - No!
Again, don't get it wrong. You can only fool people with no experience on
what it takes to build a house. If really 4m can finish a quality/standard/solid 6bedroom duplex!
without compromising quality! Bros, I assure you, most people will rather build 3bedroom bungalow
for 2m grin grin pack in!

Now one of my best talk; " Not To Him That Labor, But To Him That 'THE GOOD LORD' Showeth Mercy!!!"
Now you dey build, so far 2m is gone! And you don rest! wink
Now moi don spend over 7m and yet moi no tire!!!!
You no think say GOD NA GOD?

~~~Everything Under Arrest - GOD OF "AM ALONE"!!!! --- OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On May 16, 2011
Am Alone:

And like all the time!
Peace!!! grin grin grin

Who beat you? Sorry oo, oya clean ya eyes and go to bed.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On May 16, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros spyder, with all due respect, you don't need that!
that house is very much okay! And I see me steal somethings from their!

Sir, again, I no be like you! A rented apartment(3bedroom) last year was furnished with 2.5m!
the owner/my friend paid `1.8million(900k per annum) Agent, agreement and other fees not included!!!
I no real feel like bringing the figure here o! But make you just know!
Total cast spent on the rented 3bedroom was over 4.5m

And I have friends who even pay 3m per annum!
But moi is paying less than 200k per annum(3bedroom)
Maybe because I don't think the best place to spend
my fortune is in others people's houses!!!!
This is my house, I'm going to live in it for as long as . . . . . .
The money I refuse to spend on others people's house
I choose to invest in mine. I don't really believe much in quantity
that is why I think having a bungalow that is very presentable is ok for me!

You too have seen other's peoples quotation around here
Did anyone by any means correspond with yours? - No!
Again, don't get it wrong. You can only fool people with no experience on
what it takes to build a house. If really 4m can finish a quality/standard/solid 6bedroom duplex!
without compromising quality! Bros, I assure you, most people will rather build 3bedroom bungalow
for 2m grin grin pack in!

Now one of my best talk; " Not To Him That Labor, But To Him That 'THE GOOD LORD' Showeth Mercy!!!"
Now you dey build, so far 2m is gone! And you don rest! wink
Now moi don spend over 7m and yet moi no tire!!!!
You no think say GOD NA GOD?

~~~Everything Under Arrest - GOD OF "AM ALONE"!!!! --- OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!

Ok, here comes Aliko, all stand up for the richest man in Nigeria!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:27pm On May 16, 2011
^^^ lol!!!! grin grin grin

You gat 2 b there 2know!
Moi na your friend o!
So no take am personal like you dey
always take am
Iron Sharpen iron!
And GOD HELP ME!
I WON GET MONEY PASS ALIKO O
BUT NA SMALL SMALL!!!!
ALL I NEED IS A LITTLE IDEA!!!
I BELIEVE SAY IF I TELL BABA GOD SAY I NEED MONEY
TO BUILD A VERY BIG ESTATE, HIM GO GIVE ME VERY VERY BIG CASH!!! grin grin
Peace!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:42pm On May 16, 2011
Am Alone:

^^^ lol!!!! grin grin grin

You gat 2 b there 2know!
Moi na your friend o!
So no take am personal like you dey
always take am
Iron Sharpen iron!
And GOD HELP ME!
I WON GET MONEY PASS ALIKO O
BUT NA SMALL SMALL!!!!
ALL I NEED IS A LITTLE IDEA!!!
I BELIEVE SAY IF I TELL BABA GOD SAY I NEED MONEY
TO BUILD A VERY BIG ESTATE, HIM GO GIVE ME VERY VERY BIG CASH!!! grin grin
Peace!!! grin grin grin

Double chei!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2011
I have a 3 bedroom flat to rent at N4.5m, and I want my tenant to come and furnish it with N5.5million, maybe our billionaire Naialand friend can help me rent it out to his rich friends. Lol.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:56pm On May 16, 2011
^^^
Bros forget! I want make you understand say!
People get money! There are houses that people pay
rent 6 to 7/8m per annum!!!!
I wan't you to understand that people have money!!!
People are rich!!! Very Rich!!!!

If na water-log area say person dey build say this kind your duplex
filling and raft foundation alone go take close to 5million!!!
So do me a favor, if you hear money, no dey too open eye for me!
Thank you!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 12:01am On May 17, 2011
people pls shine ur eyes well well,pls be careful with shock value quotes,it is a new tactics in niger,pls mark my word n remember this day n what i am going to say, u will end up spending more money if u listen to all this shenanigans that u can build a 3 bedroom bungalow with 3mil to 4mil,trust me ppl will give u a ridiculous quotes n u will think u are saving money,half way alot of them will run away or will come up with some other crap to extort more money from u or even d workers will run away n u will end up hiring new workers hence more money will have to come out of your pocket to pay d new workers,i have nothing to gain here beside valuable knowledge from fellow individuals like myself,i have nothing to sell nor do i intend to solicit any favor from no one out here besides advice which triumphs any monetary gain, i have been thru it all n u will all experience it yourself,u can avoid it,it is growing pain, along d way u will end up hiring new workers because some will run away,ur materials will be stolen,some items will be inflated for u,d most important thing is for it not too be too excessive, but pls people shine ur eyes,don't go for d shock value, i don't know everything,i don't claim that i do,i've built atleast two houses of my own n i grew up following my dad to sites since i was a little kid,so i will think i am ok in every aspect of construction though i still have alot to learn,things are forever changing,prices of material are increasing,even if u want to save money n use slate u will find out d difference btw slates n regular 45 gauge long span aluminum is about #150,000,i know because when i did my 4 flat,i had that option n lets not kid each other people,if u can build a house to roofing level, i tip my hat to u,#150,000 extra for better alternative will not be a problem for most, it is a blessing 4 everyone that is able to buy a land n to commence work on it,others r less fortunate whichis why one shud forever be always grateful n happy for others inrespective of ur own situation,negativity begats peril,positive thinking lures fortune, so i will advice everyone to pls monitor there own sites themselves,buy ur own materials,price it very well,don't let ppl sell u a low grade item at d price of a 1st grade stuff,that happens alot over there, 4get d shock value quotes because location matters n d soil composition is different from different areas,taste is different as well but still certain amount is ridiculous n once u embark on it,na story u go dey here if "dey no abscond from ur site totally ",na then u go realize say d load wey u carry for head pass u because d thing won break neck now
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:05am On May 17, 2011
Am Alone:

^^^
Bros forget! I want make you understand say!
People get money! There are houses that people pay
rent  6 to 7/8m per annum!!!!
I wan't you to understand that people have money!!!
People are rich!!! Very Rich!!!!

If na water-log area say person dey build say this kind your duplex
filling and raft foundation alone go take close to 5million!!!
So do me a favor, if you hear money, no dey too open eye for me!
Thank you!
Peace!!!

Why not sandfill a plot in the ocean and build on it since money dey too much? You no wan get your own private island?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by agabaI23(m): 12:14am On May 17, 2011
Bia make una argue like bros. The info here is informative. Criticize but no fight.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 12:18am On May 17, 2011
diordaves:

@prince_onx: If you go through my post again you will notice I said my decking is earmarked for Sept, 2011. I have not done the decking. The N45K mentioned and highlighted by you was an example and not real.

While the land and community youth wahala was done in Dec, 2009, work started in earnest Easter of 2010, so ALL price quoted are valid. The house with blue roof you mentioned was brought to that stage in about 4 months ( Easter period of 2010).

The walling to lintel level was done during the election period of 2011. So again ALL prices are valid.
Got it! Just wanted to match/compare the difference in price and know how long since I have a similar project. I know prices might not be exact because of location but I can still get an idea through yours. All the best!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:24am On May 17, 2011
spyder880:

Why not sandfill a plot in the ocean and build on it since money dey too much? You no wan get your own country?

Bros I don't need to! But people are doing more than that
in lekki! I no dey try say make anybody dey carry their money
dey dash people just in the name of expensive house!!!
Monitor your stuffs well and price very well!
But if you build something well wey be say e no go ever give you
problem for future, e no go dey very cheap at all
No matter what!!! Block here now na 145k! for 9"
4bedroom flat needs nothing less than 3500 blocks. Now again
it depends on how big! or how small!
multiply 3500 times 145 = 500k first!(But if you use 6" e go dey cheaper! But
the best, use 9" for the outside/round of the house and 6" for the inside/demarcations)

Now if you decide to mould your own block, you go save money. But the difference is not
very much. Well, it depends on how you dey mould the blocks! And if you must mould yours blocks
MACHINERY!!! Sir, truth dey bitter. Nobody won hear am!
Now this last mike guy wey post him house quotation for 2bedroom flat
you see say only the foundation, omonile and every gulp 500k? And na 2bedroom flat o
and the foundation never come up o! And him never do german floor o!
Though him go still get some sand and stones left sha. But that na tru value
The blocks him use cost around 158 naira to one!!!
Construction no cheap! And the only way to beat or get anything near your price
is to do like you did which is not very advicable!!!

Where you save money bros na the materials used. You notice later you changed to washed gravel
and e no really dey very cheap abi? If you change to granite, bros, you go know what's up!
And you change to dredging sand(best sand gud!!!), and change to machine fabricated blocks, and decrease the ratio of
sand to cement -- BROS EEyYY!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 12:25am On May 17, 2011
omobashua1:

people pls shine your eyes well well,pls be careful with shock value quotes,it is a new tactics in niger,pls mark my word n remember this day n what i am going to say, u will end up spending more money if u listen to all this shenanigans that u can build a 3 bedroom bungalow with 3mil to 4mil,trust me ppl will give u a ridiculous quotes n u will think u are saving money,half way alot of them will run away or will come up with some other crap to extort more money from u or even d workers will run away n u will end up hiring new workers hence more money will have to come out of your pocket to pay d new workers,i have nothing to gain here beside valuable knowledge from fellow individuals like myself,i have nothing to sell nor do i intend to solicit any favor from no one out here besides advice which triumphs any monetary gain, i have been thru it all n u will all experience it yourself,u can avoid it,it is growing pain, along d way u will end up hiring new workers because some will run away,your materials will be stolen,some items will be inflated for u,d most important thing is for it not too be too excessive, but pls people shine your eyes,don't go for d shock value, i don't know everything,i don't claim that i do,i've built atleast two houses of my own n i grew up following my dad to sites since i was a little kid,so i will think i am ok in every aspect of construction though i still have alot to learn,things are forever changing,prices of material are increasing,even if u want to save money n use slate u will find out d difference btw slates n regular 45 gauge long span aluminum is about #150,000,i know because when i did my 4 flat,i had that option n lets not kid each other people,if u can build a house to roofing level, i tip my hat to u,#150,000 extra for better alternative will not be a problem for most, it is a blessing 4 everyone that is able to buy a land n to commence work on it,others r less fortunate whichis why one shud forever be always grateful n happy for others inrespective of your own situation,negativity begats peril,positive thinking lures fortune, so i will advice everyone to pls monitor there own sites themselves,buy your own materials,price it very well,don't let ppl sell u a low grade item at d price of a 1st grade stuff,that happens alot over there, 4get d shock value quotes because location matters n d soil composition is different from different areas,taste is different as well but still certain amount is ridiculous n once u embark on it,na story u go dey here if "dey no abscond from your site totally ",na then u go realize say d load wey u carry for head pass u because d thing won break neck now
Very good piece/info there bro. even though to read your post dey kill eye but well said.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 12:33am On May 17, 2011
also people,try to always use granite,i have noticed that gravrels always ends up being more expensive in d long run than granite.gravels is not as good as granite for one,4get all that crap about washed gravels,what those bastards usually do is to load up just any gravels n pour alot of water on top of it,when they get to site u will see d truck dripping with water like it just came out of d ocean, maga don pay be that because washed gravels is usually more expensive, they usually have too much sand in them, i will not use them for anything but for german floor if i am that pressed 4 it, with granite,u can control d size of gravels u want,be it 3/4,1/2 etc,it cosumes more sand but u will love d job,i believe one full 30 ton and a half will finish ur whole house for u,it will do d german floor,linted,sorker way,tank base,infact 30 tons will do n it will still remain,i was a little jaded because i used my own analogy based on my site that was waterlogged n i had to do about 4ft raft foundation,my german floor was about 9' thick to add more height to d dpc,so i used about 3 30ton granite but disregard mine because they stoled alot of my granite since i am always out of d country.all in all i still have a little over 20 tons left n my house is done,just finishing touches left, so in a good area,0ne 30 ton truck shud finish a whole 4 bedroom bungallow,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:37am On May 17, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros I don't need to! But people are doing more than that
in lekki! I no dey try say make anybody dey carry their money
dey dash people just in the name of expensive house!!!
Monitor your stuffs well and price very well!
But if you build something well wey be say e no go ever give you
problem for future, e no go dey very cheap at all
No matter what!!! Block here now na 145k! for 9"
4bedroom flat needs nothing less than 3500 blocks. Now again
it depends on how big! or how small!
multiply 3500 times 145 = 500k first!(But if you use 6" e go dey cheaper! But
the best, use 9" for the outside/round of the house and 6" for the inside/demarcations)

Now if you decide to mould your own block, you go save money. But the difference is not
very much. Well, it depends on how you dey mould the blocks! And if you must mould yours blocks
MACHINERY!!! Sir, truth dey bitter. Nobody won hear am!
Now this last mike guy wey post him house quotation for 2bedroom flat
you see say only the foundation, omonile and every gulp 500k? And na 2bedroom flat o
and the foundation never come up o! And him never do german floor o!
Though him go still get some sand and stones left sha. But that na tru value
The blocks him use cost around 158 naira to one!!!
Construction no cheap! And the only way to beat or get anything near your price
is to do like you did which is not very advicable!!!

Where you save money bros na the materials used. You notice later you changed to washed gravel
and e no really dey very cheap abi? If you change to granite, bros, you go know what's up!
And you change to dredging sand(best sand gud!!!), and change to machine fabricated blocks, and decrease the ratio of
sand to cement -- BROS EEyYY!

Mr Expert, where did you learn house building, How many houses have you built before?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:43am On May 17, 2011
omobashua1:

also people,try to always use granite,i have noticed that gravrels always ends up being more expensive in d long run than granite.gravels is not as good as granite for one,4get all that crap about washed gravels,what those bastards usually do is to load up just any gravels n pour alot of water on top of it,when they get to site u will see d truck dripping with water like it just came out of d ocean, maga don pay be that because washed gravels is usually more expensive, they usually have too much sand in them, i will not use them for anything but for german floor if i am that pressed 4 it, with granite,u can control d size of gravels u want,be it 3/4,1/2 etc,it cosumes more sand but u will love d job,i believe one full 30 ton and a half will finish your whole house for u,it will do d german floor,linted,sorker way,tank base,infact 30 tons will do n it will still remain,i was a little jaded because i used my own analogy based on my site that was waterlogged n i had to do about 4ft raft foundation,my german floor was about 9' thick to add more height to d dpc,so i used about 3 30ton granite but disregard mine because they stoled alot of my granite since i am always out of d country.all in all i still have a little over 20 tons left n my house is done,just finishing touches left, so in a good area,0ne 30 ton truck shud finish a whole 4 bedroom bungallow,

Okay, because of this advice, you have just been promoted to senior construction engineer with immediate effect!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:47am On May 17, 2011
omobashua1:

also people,try to always use granite,i have noticed that gravrels always ends up being more expensive in d long run than granite.gravels is not as good as granite for one,4get all that crap about washed gravels,what those bastards usually do is to load up just any gravels n pour alot of water on top of it,when they get to site u will see d truck dripping with water like it just came out of d ocean, maga don pay be that because washed gravels is usually more expensive, they usually have too much sand in them, i will not use them for anything but for german floor if i am that pressed 4 it, with granite,u can control d size of gravels u want,be it 3/4,1/2 etc,it cosumes more sand but u will love d job,i believe one full 30 ton and a half will finish your whole house for u,it will do d german floor,linted,sorker way,tank base,infact 30 tons will do n it will still remain,i was a little jaded because i used my own analogy based on my site that was waterlogged n i had to do about 4ft raft foundation,my german floor was about 9' thick to add more height to d dpc,so i used about 3 30ton granite but disregard mine because they stoled alot of my granite since i am always out of d country.all in all i still have a little over 20 tons left n my house is done,just finishing touches left, so in a good area,0ne 30 ton truck shud finish a whole 4 bedroom bungalow,

Bros, I wan't to say it depends o!
Okay, my house is a 4bedroom bungalow(very big @ that!)
It is estimated to be 2block of 2bedroom flat!(so you can see its very big)
My house is 26ft tall(so you see its a very tall house and needs a very solid foundation)
My foundation alone consume close to 30 ton of granite(took 6 ppl 2 bricklayer 4 days to complete it - yeah that big!)
again, the german floor consumes close to 30 ton, again because of the size of the house!
Then the lintel, the fence foundation, the gutter roof, and other minor works like soak-away pit!!!
took the rest. Now I am doing a chain work around my fence because I really hate cracks!
This is my own extra work. And cost me some extra cash. Now the granite is almost finished
So far, 70ton is gone. I just need an extra 10ton to finish up(the overhead tank)
and some minor stuffs sha!
But I advice that they buy 30 tons at first. If they need anything more, they can predict form there.
Bros, you are a very honest person! And just like you, I am just here to catch some fun!
and learn some stuffs! I wish spyder all the best!!!
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:49am On May 17, 2011
spyder880:

Mr Expert, where did you learn house building, How many houses have you built before?

Spyder, you are doing great!
Enjoy!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kcoolk4: 12:52am On May 17, 2011
prince_onx:

Very good piece/info there bro. even though to read your post dey kill eye but well said.
Seconded even thirded. This omobasua1 guy has got good command of english language better than almost everybody that has posted here.[s] I know it's definitely better than mine hundreds of time[/s]. The only problem with reading his long paragraphs is punctuation. I can't stress it enough man. I strain my eyes reading his long posts with no full stop. It's all commas. The first time I thought he was in a hurry because the way he commanded the english was marvellous. No offense intended.Please correct this diasporan man.
It's night of arguments again. To support am alone and omobashua1, my brother-in-law just completed his 4-bedroom bungalow in one of these GRAs in Ibadan for almost 23M. It's not even as big as am alone house but finished to his TASTE !. I have that taste too, I just can't afford to spend that much,even if I have it right now. So ride on am alone and don't listen to anybody. Na you get your money even if you spend 200M. Before I forget, this brother-in-law paid 14.5M for the land. I for take pics post for here but naija big mannism dey worry me ooo. I dey try feel cool say im wife na my youngest sibling oo, 11 years apart, and dem be about the same age.
I don talk am say if I get money, I go like build for Eko Atlantic City [s]as if say my real name na Ahmed Bola Tinubu[/s]. Na wa oo !.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:57am On May 17, 2011
@ all, the fence, security house
and the gate is in progress
once completed, I will post us some pictures!!!
And I still have around 800 blocks all 6"
they all will be used. Also, I will build a private
soak-away pit for the security house. And another pit
to divert all my kitchen water, and bathroom water to!
Though the main soak-away pit is already completed
But I want to do this extra thing for my own good.
The extra pit to diver water to, will help me
keep gutter out of the compound as all my water
will be discharge underground!
And the extra soakaway for the security house is good because
instead of me taking the pipe for the main security house/main-gate to my soakaway pit which is at the back of my house
And before it gets there, the pipe would have gone so low, that it may cut the soak-away to half, I was advice
to just dig a little one around the security house

peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:03am On May 17, 2011
kcool_k4:

Seconded even thirded. This omobasua1 guy has got good command of english language better than almost everybody that has posted here.[s] I know it's definitely better than mine hundreds of time[/s]. The only problem with reading his long paragraphs is punctuation. I can't stress it enough man. I strain my eyes reading his long posts with no full stop. It's all commas. The first time I thought he was in a hurry because the way he commanded the english was marvellous. No offense intended.Please correct this diasporan man.
It's night of arguments again. To support am alone and omobashua1, my brother-in-law just completed his 4-bedroom bungalow in one of these GRAs in Ibadan for almost 23M. It's not even as big as am alone house but finished to his TASTE !. I have that taste too, I just can't afford to spend that much,even if I have it right now. So ride on am alone and don't listen to anybody. Na you get your money even if you spend 200M. Before I forget, this brother-in-law paid 14.5M for the land by itself. I for take pics post for here but naija big mannism dey worry me ooo. I dey try feel cool say im wife na my youngest sibling oo, 11 years apart, and dem be about the same age.
I don talk am say if I get money, I go like build for Eko Atlantic City [s]as if say my real name na Ahmed Bola Tinubu[/s]. Na wa oo !.

Thank you very much for your honest contribution to the thread!!!
Other people dey bring their own!
We go soon figure out where the whole thing dey come from!
People want very cheap stuffs!

"when something looks too good to be true, its definitely not true!"
Like all the time,
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 1:04am On May 17, 2011
@ kcool,i beg sorry,i just they type away without poofreading my post, i felt like i wasn't sitting 4 d english exam " so what d heck " lol,i just wanted 2 get my point across n like u said i dey always narrate stories now, @ am alone,i meant 30 tons based on a normal house without d gutter roof like urs,i intend to change my roof as well,i am gonna have them change it to d gutter roof but i will still hold on to my step tiles aluminum, @ spyder 880, about me being d senior engineer,i beg stop trying to be eddie murphy bruv,his best line is stucked in d 80's

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.