Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409343 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On May 25, 2011
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy . . . What happened to all the pictures?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kcoolk4: 7:57pm On May 25, 2011
@ All,
I have been away for a while and I just came back to read lengthy comments. By the way, it's been very difficult these days to get the main points of this thread. Is it possible we can separate arguments,building bungalow, and building duplex from one another?. I am kinda confused reading through these comments. Why do everyone picks on Am alone everytime?.
@ Am alone,
Please try as much as possible to ignore some comments some time. I think your problems stem from the fact that you have a very strong character. I used to be like that too. I used to be very controversial. Your point make sense but you "hammer" it too much that people just don't like you for it. I cherish your house and like I said in one of my posts,my brother-in-law spent way more than you for almost the same size. I mean he spent 20+ million. Pls spend it if you have it. I pray to buy at least 1000sqm at Eko Atlantic City too if I have the money. You seem like someone that has answers to every question. Stop that bro and let's us enjoy ur beautiful house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 8:11pm On May 25, 2011
Hi guy

Just to let you know that the price of cement is going down, i got dangote for N2000 per bag in ikorodu.
i also bought 9" blocks for N130 and 6" for N115, make sure you really bargain before buying; price should fall further next week.

stay blessed.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:21pm On May 25, 2011
^^^ Very good!!!
Me don plan say if cement no enter 1200 (as them promise me say e go be soonest, I no go plaster my house o!!!)

Ha! Because plastering dey chop cement gon
like 1 bag of cement to 7 headpan of sand(for the outside)
and 1 bag of cement to 10 headpan of sand(for the inside)

@least plastering of the house and fence, and the tiling and all any other thing wey i need do with cement
go take up less than 100 bags of cement!!!
as in 120,000 vs 230,000

350k suppose plaster my house all through both fence and cement!
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:23pm On May 25, 2011
kcool_k4:

@ Am alone,
Please try as much as possible to ignore some comments some time. I think your problems stem from the fact that you have a very strong character. I used to be like that too. I used to be very controversial. Your point make sense but you "hammer" it too much that people just don't like you for it. I cherish your house and like I said in one of my posts,my brother-in-law spent way more than you for almost the same size. I mean he spent 20+ million. Pls spend it if you have it. I pray to buy at least 1000sqm at Eko Atlantic City too if I have the money. You seem like someone that has answers to every question. Stop that bro and let's us enjoy your beautiful house.

Thank you sir! -- No wahala!!!
Wetin I go do now besay I go try act dummy!!! grin grin grin
Oshey!!!
&
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 10:11pm On May 25, 2011
olubuffett:

Hi guy

Just to let you know that the price of cement is going down, i got dangote for N2000 per bag in ikorodu.
i also bought 9" blocks for N130 and 6" for N115, make sure you really bargain before buying; price should fall further next week.

stay blessed.

It is even going for N1900 by Irawo b/s before Ajegunle on your way to Ikorodu
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2011
jerryben12:

It is even going for N1900 by Irawo b/s before Ajegunle on your way to Ikorodu

N1900 in Enugu, N1800 in Aba Abia state.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sunnyjz: 11:31pm On May 25, 2011
spyder880:

N1900 in Enugu, N1800 in Aba Abia state.
hey spyder please do you know how much it is going to cost to build a two no 2 bedroom flat up till the lintel level and also how much do you think it will cost for the foundation. the property is located in Ogun state. thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sunnyjz: 11:37pm On May 25, 2011
Am Alone:

Oshey!!!
&
Peace!!!
you misunderstood what everybody is saying. you can make your point across without making it a personal attack. we are all here to share ideas and learn from each other mistakes. believe it or not i have followed this thread and this forum for 6-8 months before i bought my plot of land and the other one my mom bought it for me. its all about learning from you, bragbus, spyder, and the rest of the guys here. we all value your input on a daily basis so when someone has a comment for you(favorable or unfavorable) don't take it as a PERSONAL attack.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 1:18am On May 26, 2011
Am Alone:

Oshey!!!
&
Peace!!!
I fit bet one of my ball infact three two of them say you no fit grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:59am On May 26, 2011
A little bit off thread,  Anyone with idea of how much stainless steel rails cost per meter? I need quote for 27.6m balcony and 6.5m staircase. Pls mail me on bosun.dav13s@gmail.com Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:42am On May 26, 2011
I dey very very happy to see the price of cement crashing like something wey them take sledge hammer hammer!!!

Oshey!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:44am On May 26, 2011
brabus:

A little bit off thread,  Anyone with idea of how much stainless steel rails cost per meter? I need quote for 27.6m balcony and 6.5m staircase. Pls mail me on bosun.dav13s@gmail.com Thanks

I don't! But I believe you want to use it for the balcony of your house?
What I see in your prototype is iron and I think its really very fine!!!
If you need it for your balcony, do it think it will be finer?
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:46am On May 26, 2011
prince_onx:

I fit bet one of my ball infact three two of them say you no fit grin

lol!!! grin grin grin Okay, I don mark the bet with you using my dog balls!!!
whichever way, you loose!!!! cheesy cheesy
Oshey!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2011
Am Alone:

I don't! But I believe you want to use it for the balcony of your house?
What I see in your prototype is iron and I think its really very fine!!!
If you need it for your balcony, do it think it will be finer?
Peace

Unfortunately not my house, but for a client's house in Abuja. I'm using iron for my house and when I'm done, my stair will look like this.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 10:03am On May 26, 2011
@ spyder you sef dey wait for cement price to fall or how? or u wan follow Mr Alone style of "JUST BUY" Dangote is the best , better than Burham etc ?? cheesy cheesy grin grin

Oga Alone, I just say make I tease u small O, make u no vex, cheesy cheesy grin grin lol

now seriously, would cement price really get to N1500 soon?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2011
kuntash:

@ spyder you sef dey wait for cement price to fall or how? or u wan follow Mr Alone style of "JUST BUY" Dangote is the best , better than Burham etc ?? cheesy cheesy grin grin

Oga Alone, I just say make I tease u small O, make u no vex, cheesy cheesy grin grin lol

now seriously, would cement price really get to N1500 soon?

I love the crash of the prices but its not the main reason I am waiting. My decking will be dry enough to carry weight as from the first week of June. I may start placing some blocks on top of the decking then. My total expenses still stands at N2,034,250.00 but I have not paid the blockmaker who made the remaining 8 bags of cement left in the site. The cost is just N3200. If I add his fees, my house have cost N2,037,450.00 to this stage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:08am On May 26, 2011
sunnyjz:

hey spyder please do you know how much it is going to cost to build a two no 2 bedroom flat up till the lintel level and also how much do you think it will cost for the foundation. the property is located in Ogun state. thanks

Budget N700k if the land is dry. How many toilets does it have and I hope the size of the rooms are not extra large?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Jumyg: 11:36am On May 26, 2011
Spyder

Please is N 2,037,450 the cost from foundation to this stage?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2011
Jumyg:

Spyder

Please is N 2,037,450 the cost from foundation to this stage?

Yes, the cost is from foundation till decking of the duplex only and the making of blocks which will be used upstairs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Jumyg: 11:52am On May 26, 2011
Spyder,

Well done oh. How much do you think will complete your house (estimate) with standard finishing?

I have spent N19.5 million on Main building of 4 units of 3bedrooms flats and BQ of 2 units of 2 bedrooms flats with standard finishing and the compound floor plastered. I started the project in 2009 and it’s now completed. Would you say that was a reasonable amount spent.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by MolarMols: 12:16pm On May 26, 2011
olubuffett:

Hi guy

stay blessed.

Can you please let me know where your site is, The last quote i got for 9" block is 170. Mine is at Abijo area after Ajah. Contact details will be very helpful.

Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by donfidel(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2011
I saw a press statement in the Punch of yesterday from Dangote that they now sell their cement for N1,500 as long as you are buying up to 600 bags i.e a truckload. Hope the price goes down further.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2011
Jumyg:

Spyder,

Well done oh. How much do you think will complete your house (estimate) with standard finishing?

I have spent N19.5 million on Main building of 4 units of 3bedrooms flats and BQ of 2 units of 2 bedrooms flats with standard finishing and the compound floor plastered. I started the project in 2009 and it’s now completed. Would you say that was a reasonable amount spent.

Spyder880's house to completion will still gulp like additional N3 - N3.5m
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by favourite(f): 3:14pm On May 26, 2011
Am alone, brabus, spyder 880 and the house as a whole

We are planning to start laying out foundation and we want to know which one is better.

Digging a borehole or a well?

Ur responses will be appreciated
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 3:23pm On May 26, 2011
brabus:

Spyder880's house to completion will still gulp like additional N3 - N3.5m

Brabus, are you sure? I am of the opinion that roofing alone might take half of that,  plastering, etc, 

well u r the experts ,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 3:52pm On May 26, 2011
Jumyg:

Spyder,

@Jumyg, please let's see pix of the great beauty. wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hasyak(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2011
favourite:

We are planning to start laying out foundation and we want to know which one is better.

your responses will be appreciated

borehole, which you will still use after the construction, cos, even you do a well now, you will still need the borehole when you move in, so why not NOW.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 4:11pm On May 26, 2011
kuntash:

Brabus, are you sure? I am of the opinion that roofing alone might take half of that,  plastering, etc, 

well u r the experts ,

@kuntash, Spyder880 na bargain master so dont be suprised o.

Rough Projection
Roofing like 1.2m MAX (using Aluminium) - quote me.
Level 1 - 600k
Plumbing/Electrical - 400 - 450k (assuming he's using N6,500 WC and no jacuzzi)
Plastering - 350k (hopefully cement will be 1,200 by then)
Floor finishes (standard tiles, no marble or granite) - 400k
Aluminum Windows/Doors - N500k
others - N250k

It may be more but definitely not more than N1m extra.

favourite:

your responses will be appreciated

@favourite, sink borehole if you have the cash. Its better for you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Jumyg: 4:36pm On May 26, 2011
atasteve

I live abroad and these were taken when i was around in Feb. The compound is now plastered and do not have recent pics.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:44pm On May 26, 2011
brabus:

@kuntash, Spyder880 na bargain master so dont be suprised o.

Rough Projection
Roofing like 1.2m MAX (using Aluminium) - quote me.
Level 1 - 600k
Plumbing/Electrical - 400 - 450k (assuming he's using N6,500 WC and no jacuzzi)
Plastering - 350k (hopefully cement will be 1,200 by then)
Floor finishes (standard tiles, no marble or granite) - 400k
Aluminum Windows/Doors - N500k
others - N250k

It may be more but definitely not more than N1m extra.

@favourite, sink borehole if you have the cash. Its better for you.

hmmmmm
it all depends sha
cos am sure spyder will do better
like he gave an estimate of the roofing to be 800k(since he is not using step tiles aluminum)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:48pm On May 26, 2011
Jumyg:

atasteve

I live abroad and these were taken when i was around in Feb. The compound is now plastered and do not have recent pics.

nice

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.