Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) (88017 Views)

South Africans React To Nigeria's Election Outcome (TWEETS) / Burning, Looting Of Nigerian Shops In South Africa: FG Takes Definitive Measures / Ghana’s Closure Of Over 400 Nigerian Shops Worrisome – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by paul100(m): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
Is Nigeria still the "GIANT OF AFRICA" because I cannot understand our small Ghana dey open mouth dey talk.I weep for my country.I am disgrace ,Chaiiiiiiiiiiii.
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by speakout2015: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria tossed same Coin years back and now they are reaping it...Just about the law of retrogression. Is better we accept the balance as African irrespective of our dispute and differences so that we won't continue to be a disgrace to the world and to ourselves as Africans. Am defending no one here just sharing my view.

SweetCunt97post=92958005:
Where do u fink Ghana Must Go was coined from?
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by akigbemaru: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
jrtorrents:
This is something Nigerians need to undestand. Instead of attacking other people, hold your government accountable to make Nigeria a better place. Between the years 2000 and 2020, Nigeria's population has increased by over 80million people.

This massive unplanned population growth means that Nigeria simply cannot take care of it's people and have to offload them to other countries.
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by tunize(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
Irrespective of the fact that what Ghana is doing is so wrong, the truth still remains that Nigeria has to be fixed.
I hear ppl scream jealousy, jealousy over what same SA or GH the is still bttr than Nigeria in so many aspect we jst keep deceiving ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by slowice(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Babara1994:

Tell the Igbos who go about opening shops everywhere they can

And what exactly is wrong with that.... You well so?

3 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by DisLifeSha: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Is it we the citizens that will provide constant light, good roads, good hospitals for the country?
Ventura1:
They could be right after all, we should work towards fixing our country, instead of defending the obvious truth.

1 Like

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by eebraa(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria should review this free trade agreement they signed with other African countries

2 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by slowice(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
sbaks:
Igbo una dohh o! Na una dey cause all these things I swear. Una Competition and desire to "show una cousins pepper" and bring the money home is becoming too much. It's embarrassing us abeg. Chai!

If this is all you can say about the issue at hand then you ve failed your parents.... They wasted their hard earned money on you

4 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Youngsenate1993(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Is it a crime to be a Nigerian
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by MorningStar233: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
IronGalaxy:
So because we have rapists we must now welcome your scammers, fake pastors, drug and human traffickers etc with open arms? These people become our problem on the contrary.

Then leave nairaland created by a Nigerian....

2 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
ifytrik:
I feel for my igbo brothers doing business in southafrica and ghana, it's not easy to leave with witchies and wizards, even here in Nigeria outside the southeast they hate and envy us somuch not because we are thieves or criminals but because we are more successfull than them even in their own soil, we must learn to leave with it if we want to remain in the top, don't let their hatered distract you, just be prayerfull and i can asure you all that the egyptians we see today we shall see them no more. #GOD BLESS NDIGBO #IGBO AMAKA
Indians, china, maylasia and Indonesians doesn't like Igbo too something must be wrong with them dont u think?
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Nairalandmonika: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
hardon1:

You should understand the hand writing. Its just another way of sayiing ' we don't want you'. If our government do same to their businesses here I bet you they will call for dialogue

Its the same string they pulled up years ago by by heavily taxing Nigerian actors and filmmakes based in Ghana huge amount before they could shoot or act in a movies in Ghana

Good enough the actors guild of Nigeria here reciprocated. That was when the likes of john dumelo and mijid Michael ran back to Ghana...

They actors guild of both nations hadhad to dialogue to address the issue to great a level playing ground.

Sincere if I were in government I will swiftly ask all Ghanaians doing business here to pay same 1 million. They we see who laughs last
Buhari govt is very weak to be honest, and I think Nigeria has more investment in Ghana than Ghana in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Athemisia: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
proeast:

Teach Ghana a bitter lessen as a deterrent to others! That's how smart countries with pride and dignity to protect acts!!

What kind of country is Nigeria? Is Nigeria this useless??

Ghana and the rest of Africa have learnt from the SA xenophobic attacks on Nigerians... now they know Nigeria govt. won't do anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by ifytrik(m): 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Indians, china, maylasia and Indonesians doesn't like Igbo too something must be wrong with them dont u think?
point of correction; they hate Nigerians not igbos

5 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by tot(f): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
There is one thing that unites Nigerians - when an outsider abuses them cheesy

1 Like

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Athemisia: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
IronGalaxy:
So because we have rapists we must now welcome your scammers, fake pastors, drug and human traffickers etc with open arms? These people become our problem on the contrary.

South Africa— the holy Land indeed.....

poo of a country

2 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by YorubaLord: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
Arijude:
iyalaya e. Omo ale

Great... You're even speaking the greatest language on earth! grin

Olofo! angry
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by OasisT: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
IronGalaxy:
I think you must be living under a rock if you not aware of the terrible reputation of your people.

Although I would have left you alone to fool yourself more but I think you need to be tutored and help you to see things in the right perspective.

If Nigeria is a country of over 200million people, what is the population of your country? What you don't understand is that less than 10% of Nigerians are overseas and the other ones are not dying of hunger. The complains of Nigerians are only based on the resources the country is blessed with and what they are getting. I am proud to be a Nigerian.

In case you are not told, a south African company named ESS was chased out of Chevron location ( EGTL, Escravos) because of fraud and sharp practices. One of your biggest brands( MTN) was discovered to be engaging in fraudulent acts and the company was heavily fined. So, you still think you have moral right to mock Nigerians?

Few months ago, you country was down economically that you needed a Nigerian economist to help you out. My country is blessed with human resources more than all other countries in Africa combined. Tell me 10 great persons to ever "come out" of southern Africa and I will mention 100 from Nigeria. Thread softly !!!

In every country there are criminals but that don't make those countries less than others. While others believe in Pan Africanism, I don't because of people like you. Up till this moment, Ghana is no match to Nigeria and that they know. Your President is worse than ours but we are less concern

We may not be the country of our dream but every Nigerians are optimistic of the future of the country to be better. In case you don't know banter is part of our lives and the reason you read yabis on this platform and others. You fought the whites while Nigeria fought civil war ( in which the wound is yet to totally healed)

Ask yourself why are many nationals troping to Nigeria daily and still refuse to live if the country is bad as you read. Goggle to know more about these cities before you reply.

Abuja
Kano
Lagos
Enugu
Port Harcourt
Uyo
Ibadan
Onitsha
Kaduna
Abeokuta
Calabar.

Thanks

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Ashez: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
Admissionclass:
See what Nigeria has turned to..smh

Good Governance.. ..no way

Restructuring ...no way

Break up the country...no way

Live and lets live..no way

It may end in war ,tears and blood.. cry cry
That's too bad mheen, and it's the truth.you can never mix oil and water, and expect it to be smooth
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Athemisia: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
tot:
There is one thing that unites Nigerians - when an outsider abuses them cheesy
shut the hole you call a mouth
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by tot(f): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
[s]
Athemisia:

shut the hole you call a mouth
[/s]
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Athemisia: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Igbos are not the only Nigerians in diaspora

2 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Athemisia: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ashez:

That's too many GREEDY mheen, and it's the truth.you can never mix oil and water, and expect it to be smooth
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Perfecttouchade: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
Naija yaff suffer gan o..our oga at the top..see wetin naija don turn to
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by mentored: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
Admissionclass:
See what Nigeria has turned to..smh

Good Governance.. ..no way

Restructuring ...no way

Break up the country...no way

Live and lets live..no way

It may end in war ,tears and blood.. cry cry

Zombies

Will come for you bro

The real zombies
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Olabode971(f): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
francisbarrack:

We youth have to fight the battle... hold those cargoes responsible just that we r too scare n acted as if nothing ve happened

francisbarrack:

I dont blame them bro since our president acted as if nothing is wrong n all there stinking useless companies keep booming ... I.e mtn, shop rite , dstv n co.
We needed to hold our leaders responsible for all this shit.

If we didn't rise up to rewrite the history of this country from Bad to Good... Who else will help us?? Not even China or USA..
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Ent3rpreneur(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
Well, this is really disheartening.
I've read people ask, "Why didn't you arrest the criminals instead of attacking innocent shop owners?"

Well, you know the answer within yourself but we cannot accept the simple truth.
A good percentage of Nigerians go abroad to "hustle" and such stupid hustle is almost always drugs, trafficking, fraud, etc.
It is in the DNA of many Nigerians, deny it all you want but deep down, you know it is the truth.
The "successful" thieves come home, flaunt money here and there and one Chigozie, Tolu,Ahmed, Idris, Emeka sees such flagrant display and vows that he will do whatever it takes to make that type of money.

So, when an opportunity presents itself to move outside the shores of Nigeria, the said person begins to "hustle", not caring about the consequence.
We aid and abet such nonsense here because we are too damn materialistic and worship money.

I'm a Nigerian, but i'd rather trust a rattle snake in a desert than a Nigerian, anywhere.

1 Like

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by morpheus24: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
OasisT:

Although I would have left you alone to fool yourself more but I think you need to be tutored and help you to see things in the right perspective.

If Nigeria is a country of over 200million people, what is the population of your country? What you don't understand is that less than 10% of Nigerians are overseas and the other ones are not dying of hunger. The complains of Nigerians are only based on the resources the country is blessed with and what they are getting. I am proud to be a Nigerian.

In case you are not told, a south African company named ESS was chased out of Chevron location ( EGTL, Escravos) because of fraud and sharp practices. One of your biggest brands( MTN) was discovered to be engaging in fraudulent acts and the company was heavily fined. So, you still think you have moral right to mock Nigerians?

Few months ago, you country was down economically that you needed a Nigerian economist to help you out. My country is blessed with human resources more than all other countries in Africa combined. Tell me 10 great persons to ever "come out" of southern Africa and I will mention 100 from Nigeria. Thread softly !!!

In every country there are criminals but that don't make those countries less than others. While others believe in Pan Africanism, I don't because of people like you. Up till this moment, Ghana is no match to Nigeria and that they know. Your President is worse than ours but we are less concern

We may not be the country of our dream but every Nigerians are optimistic of the future of the country to be better. In case you don't know banter is part of our lives and the reason you read yabis on this platform and others. You fought the whites while Nigeria fought civil war ( in which the wound is yet to totally healed)

Ask yourself why are many nationals troping to Nigeria daily and still refuse to live if the country is bad as you read. Goggle to know more about these cities before you reply.

Abuja
Kano
Lagos
Enugu
Port Harcourt
Uyo
Ibadan
Onitsha
Kaduna
Abeokuta
Calabar.

Thanks

Bros leave that Iron galaxy guy. He is one of those SA's who doe snot know anything happening outside of his country and just soaks up twitter news.

The boy is a dummy!

4 Likes

Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Chatbot1234: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
OmoOduduwa01:
What goes around truly comes around
Gone are the days of "Ghana must go" now it's "Nigeria must go" grin grin grin

What happened in ghana pre ghana must go ?
Re: South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) by Olabode971(f): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
mentored:

Zombies

Will come for you bro

The real zombies

Over to you, Ogun.

Ogun lakaye Oshinmole, Somebody as solicited for War oh.... Kill all those government parastatals that steal all our yams and made us go hungry all day long. e.g, Pondei, Gandollar, Buratai, Magu,BullionVan man, Dasuki and many more of them as such.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Coronavirus: In Few Months From Now, Newspaper Headlines May Read Like This / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] / Buhari Shares Office Photos, 19 Days To Election, Nigerians React (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.