Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102341 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by dbaruwa(m): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/

It so unfortunate that even uptill now, we youths are yet to realize how badly damaged our image is among comity of nations. We are being avoided more than covid-19 around the world. The earlier we wake up and stand for what is right the better for us. Let's not heap all the blame on the leaders. The question should be "what have I done as an individual in my own little to better the image of Nigeria"

5 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by MUTERIKA(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

Nigeria may be all bad and gloomy but when you finally man up and tour it, you will see wonders. Take for example, Kogi state, the state capital precisely. Go to Lokongoma market and see petty traders leaving their wares outside overnight, go to the foot of Mount Patti on a Saturday and see cars and motorcycles parked while the owners are way up on the Mountain. You can't use the attitude of a single person to judge a whole. I can categorically tell you that many including myself would have done same. Don't use your prejudiced notion about Nigeria and Nigerians to paint a picture that is mostly unreal. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Glaswegian: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
There are many Nigerians that will do this too.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Moneyboyz: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
I see people talking about yahoo boy crimes etc.

No one will engage in yahoo if there are jobs, many have ideas that can bring in millions but without financial backings, the banks will not borrow a NOBODY with ideas money, But the government can support.

Many have dropped out of school because there are no financial backings, whatever happened to student loan that the government cannot provide.

Also the issue of poor currency, we import everything which makes things worse, the 18 thousand minimum wage won't help anyone's situation now that a dollar is 450+ naira. If a dollar is around 10 naira below, no one will waste tangible amount of their time savaging for $100 chicken change cause by the time they bring it home it will amount to nothing.

Ogun state has quite a large amount of manufacturing companies and none is government owned except for ewekoro which I'm sure is under private supervision.
Workers are being maltreated in their own countries yet our black cow brain leaders and the labor union have done nothing about it.
Hunger and the reality that no future awaits if you do nothing in the country drives people to do crazy things.
I'm in no way encouraging crime, I'm just saying if resources are available for everyone, things will get better.

6 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Excuses: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Igbochief001:
Is the white man trust worthy ? ...is the Chinese trust worthy? Russians ? ...u need a bit of aggressiveness to grow really ...most Africans lack this except maybe igbos

The rules is meant to keep the weak man down ...there is no rule in this world ...it's a dog eat dog world

No country achieved growth without doing something bad .. except the few small country with large resources ...it's a matter of time they would soon drop too

You can see why your always getting it wrong..ba!
People like you want every body to trust them..twisted misconceptions..

4 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by MARKone(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

Nah, Nigerians are criminally minded. That is why Red flags are raised when you introduce yourself as a Nigerian in a foreign land, locally same thing, everyone is a suspect. Your narration, is not complete, did you see the phone repairer again, because that guy that confidently drop his phone, might as well have set the phone repairer up, you see Nigerians ehen, you need to be extra careful

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by proclinician: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Truth is you met a good person there. I for one will do the same thing if I am asked to here in Nigeria. But receiving this level of gesture in both countries, the odds are against you in Nigeria. I use how I bought my car to know how it is with Nigerians. Most of he car dealers I met were just dubious and looking for who to swindle. As God will have it, I met a dealer that gave me more than I budgeted. His actions throughout the transaction proved there are good men. He told me this spare tire appears to have expired and so he will deduct some money from our agreed price so I can get a new spare tire. Most Nigerians are looking for opportunity to steal and deceive. If u open up to a total stranger about this kind of condition, first he will take this car to an unknown place and chill first to wait if any tension will arise, then off he goes to sell it.

5 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by paul100(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Thank God,you had a good experience but that does not mean all citizen of Zimbabwe are like that.You were just lucky to meet a good citizen.
Every country on this planet Earth has good and bad people.Even our country,Nigeria has good and bad person.The only difference between our country and other countries is that bad people in our country surpass the no of good people.
So those people outside Nigeria have been filled to the brim with bad news about Nigeria.I don't really blame them

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Excuses:

You can see why your always getting it wrong..ba!
People like you want every body to trust them..twisted misconceptions..

Don't trust me Oga I won't trust u ....
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by TheArchangel(f): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
nanauju:
The change will start from us as individuals. But unfortunately that's not happening anytime soon.

We don't even trust our own shadow in this country

Pls come and buy soap. Promo ongoing for Ada Ada and yori. Go through my threads
causes serious breakouts. Any remedy for the face?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Cti28(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
hisgrace090:
What you experience is their original lifestyl while the one in Nigeria is ours.

So many other African countries are like that why once a Nigeria displays their behaviour in their midst they recorgnize immediately.
Sorry, it is not our original lifestyle. If that is your original life style, bad for you. Stop defending and exalting evil.
How do you expect us to make progress as a Nation, when we still cling so tenaciously to crime and evil, while expecting the ruling elites to change?

3 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by sulaak(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

That's why the White's want to take back the countries, the country is clean and organised, you hardly find a shanty town in Zimbabwe. This is a country that has 90% literacy rate. Poverty is not the root cause of corruption and criminality, it's culture.

5 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Are the Zimbabweans stealing and vandalising government property in South Africa from another planet? And an Airport guard was surprised he didn't find drugs on you as a Nigerian? Did he find drugs in all Nigerians or even up to 20% of Nigerians he has encountered on that route? If the answer is no, you and that airport security are mad. What an insensible post.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Euegene100001: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
Indeed they do
ZACHIE:
Plenty people.
You need tons of luck to find them.
But, be assured, they exist here.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by smallsmall: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
author= Samkay]Though, I didn't know the Jack and there was no way of tracing him except by his work ID which was not verified, my mind was at rest that he will hand over the car to the car hire. I trusted him because he's a Zimbabwean. He may be extremely poor and hungry, I know he's contented.

The funny thing, even as you claim you trust the guy because he is a Zimbabwean, is that you dont trust yourself and you are actually lying that you trusted him otherwise, WHY WOULD YOU STILL TAKE A SNAP OF HIS I.D CARD, WHICH CONTAINS HIS NAME AN HIS PICTURE... You are seeing him, he was not expecting your encounter and the Car will most like have a Tracker installed, so you are certain that the picture on the I.D Card is him and his I.D is genuine and he can be traced)

Please, stop this self-denigrating behaviour about Nigerians, though we have our trust issues to deal with or was it not the same Zimbabwe that Mugabe came from or is it that his crook wife called Grace that is trustworthy?

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by SmartPolician: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot

Stop wasting your time

Nigeria is damaged beyond repair
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
It is because of something called CAR TRACKER...... grin grin grin
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Mikeiron78(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
The ops sounds and looks like a fool. What's the irony of that stupid story?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by uvie66: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
hisgrace090:
What you experience is their original lifestyl while the one in Nigeria is ours.

So many other African countries are like that why once a Nigeria displays their behaviour in their midst they recorgnize immediately.
I concur.. just like we've corrupted the minds of most west African states...we try to chest in everything...exam, job allocation etc etc
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by 27Pushing30: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Stalwert:

We are a funny people. Nigerians blame government for Yahoo boys crimes. We lack the concept of taking responsibility for our actions.

It is so sad our value system has fully degraded. I remember back in Primary school where we read about village where people left their wares unattended to, just pick what you want and drop the money. Today such thinking will earn you derisive laughter.

During my school days i remember visiting some coursemates in the on campus hostel after class.

My guy even in the university ... STUDENTS steal from each other , that’s how bad our moral fabric is.

Fear no fit allow person hang cloth outside go inside go pick beans rotfl especially during exams/winding up of semesters.

Most African currencies (even landlocked countries) better ours because we have this taste for glitter.

That’s our problem now the northerners who hitherto were seen as content” have allegedly now started carrying gun and kidnapping (herdsmen)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nicepoker(m): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Just say you didn't fall into wrong hands. The world is filled with the good, bad and the ugly.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Segunsimple: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Really two wrongs cannot make a right. If our leaders aren't showing good examples, we the citizens can summon courage to allow our consciences guide our actions. After all, everybody will be responsible for his/her actions before the judgement throne of God.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Pavillon: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
seunny4lif:
It can never happen in West or East Nigeria.
Northern Nigeria shops are mostly not locked and yet those guys don’t rob the shops.

I used to work at the MMA and I discovered our mentality has a Nigerians is to steal and blame it on devil or government if caught.

Senegalese police will inform you to come to station yourself.
If I report someone to the police
They will give me a letter to give the person
Once the person collects the letter from me then the person must appear in the station
Failure not to appear can land you 3 weeks in prison without even looking at your case.

Many Nigerians have ended in Senegalese jails for useless crime and many so called big boy Nigerians have slapped or beaten up Senegalese police thinking they are dealing with Nigeria police officers.
They will not even look at their cases even through many were innocent but sentence to over 10 years in prison.

lool

you see, when you are talking about stricts and crazy armed forces in w/Africa, dont even talk about Francophone countries, esp if you dont understand French again, d speed at which dy will determine your case ehen

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Athemisia: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
robinso01:
Like I do always say, government is not the problem of Nigeria, but individuals. There's no excuse to be a thief, a thief is a thief. I've seen a lot of situations where Nigerians scam each others, is the government also responsible for that also. Nigerians just have bad mentality, all we could think of is getting joy by making others cry.
funny enough some see it as being smart... smh

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by tenderjunkie: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

The man who holds the key to heaven's gate will not be happy with this development
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
This OP is stupid.. You went to Zimbabwe and met one good man instead of u to thank ur stars u came on here to generalize that Nigerians are all criminals Even the comments on here shows a lot of u are fools and a major part of the problems we have here. Self hating mofos
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
The average Nigerian has a poverty mindset and this mindset can lead you to do very inhuman and dishonest things. It has little to do with government.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lograr(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Stalwert:

We are a funny people. Nigerians blame government for Yahoo boys crimes. We lack the concept of taking responsibility for our actions.

It is so sad our value system has fully degraded. I remember back in Primary school where we read about village where people left their wares unattended to, just pick what you want and drop the money. Today such thinking will earn you derisive laughter.

hmmm. I read that too

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by showafrica(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

Nigeria is irredeemable, the British experiment didn't work. People value there integrity in their ethnicity, Nigeria is just a company, nobody cares.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Don1985: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

Wow there are still some good people in this world...sir, did you got your zimbabwe visa online or at the embassy, or visa on arrival?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Goalnaldo(m): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.
how is this your story more convincing than the op's own? The man in the op's story was traveling to another country entirely with possibility of not coming back again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.