Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102340 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by achieversa(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by achieversa(m): 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
I would have given him much more, but i was already going out of the country and there was no more ecocash or bond on me. Bros, their currency is useless elsewhere, so i ve to give out all that's left with me.

CrudeSon:
My problem with your post ,you could not even appreciate the guy,only #300?is he your servant,you are
also one of bad Nigerians,a bad representative of our dear country.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Wolexdey(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
Buy your data at ease. WhatsApp or call the numbers attached
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by VULCAN(m): 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
The ignorant ones die long before the wise

isram:
chief understander go and read the last two paragraphs again

Sigh ke u there
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by isram: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
Sleep on
VULCAN:
The ignorant ones die long before the wise

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by M7even(m): 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

MODIFIED:
To those asking me if the guy ever returned his phone.
When the guy was done, he called the man and he left us in his shop to wait for him by the road side.
I would not have narrated the story if I didn't know how it ended.

I am sure at one point in time we have all met at least one good and honest Nigerian.

Reading through people's comments and some of my mentions makes it look like I am the only Nigerian on this forum. Ask yourself what would you have done if you were the Zimbabwean, it is that simple. If you are not sure, then na your body the mess dey smell.

I can boldly say this, If I were the the Zimbabwean in the OP's story I would not have done it differently.

If there was a grammy for motivating and self asking, deep and profound patriotic reasonings . I'd have it for your reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Opexzy: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
M7even:

If there was a grammy for motivating and self asking, deep and profound patriotic reasonings . I'd have it for your reply

cool wow, thanks a lot
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexander(m): 11:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/
you're right the government is made up of people but the truth is people then to follow physical examples more when people both in the society and in high places who steal Huge sums of money are been celebrated this gives the illusion that it's ok to be crooked provided you make it like an Igbo slang will say "any way na way" which is actually very wrong , Nigeria is not the only corrupt country in the world infact the so called 1st world countries ain't free of corruption the difference between us and them is this "when it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt you'll automatically face the punishment for your crimes and if you're being suspected of having shady dealing it will be impossible for you to apply or contest for many positions it might even make it almost impossible for you to gain meaningful employment. The government has made economic reforms that allows you to survive on the bare minimum unlike here in Nigeria where we are struggling with unemployment + inflation+new tax+increased and increased tax. it's not just about the people allow the entire system is broken.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by CrudeSon: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2020
Haywhymido:
This attitude of yours is another problem most Nigerians need to cure. when you expect something in return for an act of kindness you have done than you just conducted a transaction.

You are a big problem,imagine your mentality,using people for your selfish reasons,how is that?Slave master!!!!
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Skmoda360(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
robinso01:

Imagine, is the price hiking of the medicine government fault again? because we all tend to put all the blame on government
I wish there is possible medium where someone can be ejected outta this miserable country....not thinking about traveling to US or other country....I'm really tired of the country...
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by obaaderemi: 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

MODIFIED:
To those asking me if the guy ever returned his phone.
When the guy was done, he called the man and he left us in his shop to wait for him by the road side.
I would not have narrated the story if I didn't know how it ended.

I am sure at one point in time we have all met at least one good and honest Nigerian.

Reading through people's comments and some of my mentions makes it look like I am the only Nigerian on this forum. Ask yourself what would you have done if you were the Zimbabwean, it is that simple. If you are not sure, then na your body the mess dey smell.

I can boldly say this, If I were the the Zimbabwean in the OP's story I would not have done it differently.
Don't mind them. There are good people and bad people everywhere but I don't know why our own people are always so fast to believe others are always better than Nigerians. It's low self esteem.
The same Zimbabweans are seen in South Africa as criminals and always attacked along with other Africans during xenophobic attacks. A Nigerian returned a box of indomie filled with cash the other day. He said it wasn't his to keep because it didn't belong to him! Some of the people praising the Zimbabwean here were quick to laugh at the Nigerian man.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Skmoda360:

I wish there is possible medium where someone can be ejected outta this miserable country....not thinking about traveling to US or other country....I'm really tired of the country...

You ain't the only one tired of the country, there are lot of us tired of the country also.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Lekozy(m): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hmm Nigerians can be nice too it's just the social effect ...it's just people if u try that in Los Angeles u won't even see the person again..and it can even be a small guy so... especially the northerers they re so lovely
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Makaveli1166(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Nigerians are criminally minded, discontented and downright greedy na. It's in US like Peak.
true
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by aariwa(m): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
Very true
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by nanauju(f): 6:32am On Aug 26, 2020
TheArchangel:
causes serious breakouts. Any remedy for the face?

I’m sorry i didnt cleary ma. What caused serious outbreaks
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by NairaMaster1(m): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
duro4chang:
Change is always difficult. But then I will advice you to turn a new leaf. The way we are now can'nt take us anywhere.

Your eyes never clear?

Who else isn't surprised?

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
NairaMaster1:

Your eyes never clear?
Who else isn't surprised?
The earlier you stop all these the better.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Eti0147: 10:03am On Oct 26, 2023
Please i am a truck driver and i want to travel to canada i wil like to know what document is requiered? And how much payment for all of the document needed please i really need a guide line thanks
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Swiftgrp: 11:04am On Nov 08, 2023
Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/
Bump.

An insightful story from Zimbabwe... The land of the Shonas and Ndebeles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.