Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) (6516 Views)

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G For Sale. / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Teardown Video: 108MP Is A Step Closer To Perfection / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by saint2ace(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Isn't it better to spend your money on a device that will last you for years than on a device that will develop a hardware issue within the year or two?

I've been using Samsung Galaxy S8+ since 2017, and the phone still outperforms most chinese mid-range brands flooding our market nowadays. Meanwhile my brother has gone through 3 different chinese brands within the same time period. He's currently using the Xiaomi brand. I've told him it will end in premium tears.

I have a Xiaomi phone since 2016 that has been handed down 4 owners and still functional, the screen is broken but very much functional and even for a 3gb phone it has never lagged.
Between u and me I'd rather buy a brand new midrange phone than an old premium version, that's just me saying. But that ends with phones, I'll do the direct opposite when it comes to computers.
But let's not derail from the main topic, my point is simple, there's a reason midrangers will continue to get the highest markets and that buying power and for what we use they provide "value for money". A fact that was realised by the Chinese brands long ago and only recently realised by our "premium brand". This is the reason u see them coming out with more pocket friendly devices, this in general is good for competition and the customers are at the winning end.
Drops the mic......... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Grandmeister(m): 9:07am On Aug 20, 2020
saint2ace:

Sorry which phone do you currently use? grin grin
iPhone XS why?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Sinachi100: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Dey look me dey go ó........ My pipu go talk say...... grin
Máa joo lọ, mon wo ẹyin ẹ............ grin
U say wetin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by OneKinGuy(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2020
it's overpriced Jari. I will rather buy a oneplus 8 than this crap.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Telvin7(m): 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Vexatious:

Bro, the phone in the picture is Mi 10 Pro, and it has better features than Mi 10 Ultra. Per the comparison, S20u has better specs.

You really don't know anything about phone or anything about the mi 10 ultra ..

Mi 10 ultra is better than the mi 10 pro and it's better than the Samsung Galaxy s20 ultra

In cameras and speakers .

It has 120 Hz display not 90hz ..

It has graphene and graphite cooling and it got the highest AnTuTu score ever ....

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by saint2ace(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Grandmeister:

iPhone XS why?

U just answered my question. Cheers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Karex81(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
someone is comparing mi10 ultra to s20 grin
mi 10 ultra is the first phone that has a 10 bit oled display with 120hz refresh rate produced by tcl,
Samsung don't even have that kind of display
first 120x zoom camera

120 watt fast charging with graphene battery
has a better camera than note 20 ultra

only thing Samsung beats the phone is in software experience which varies by users

no 1 in dxomark
mi 10 ultra crush the hell out of note 20 ultra
all for less than $800

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by lagosboy3(m): 12:54am On Aug 22, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

I respectfully disagree. The only thing stopping me from upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S10 is money. If I have the money, I would snag one in a heartbeat. When I want to buy something, I consider longevity before anything else. A chinese mid-ranger can't give the consumer that kind of mileage. They are cheap for a reason.

When I said "a lot of people"... I sure wasn't referring to you.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by VerifiedStalin: 8:46am On Aug 22, 2020
lagosboy3:

When I said "a lot of people"... I sure wasn't referring to you.

"A lot of people" was a blanket statement that included everyone in a cretinous generalization. Consequently, I responded to your baseless assertions, and this nonsense is all you could possibly come up with??

SMH.. undecided
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Lexusgs430: 10:32am On Aug 22, 2020
Karex81:
mi 10 ultra is the first phone that has a 10 bit oled display with 120hz refresh rate produced by tcl,
first 120x zoom camera

only thing Samsung beats the phone is in software experience which varies by users

no 1 in dxomark
all for less than $800

The Note 20 is good phone too (truth be told), but it's damn too expensive, in comparison to the Xiaomi........

If i had the money to buy either, the Xiaomi got my money.......... The only thing the Samsung got that is a major killer, is the S pen (for loyal a pen users)......... wink

For lovers of the Samsung, be patient....... The Note 20 Ultra, would soon start depreciating.......
Then just pick up a bargain........... grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by lagosboy3(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

"A lot of people" was a blanket statement that included everyone in a cretinous generalization. Consequently, I responded to your baseless assertions, and this nonsense is all you could possibly come up with??

SMH.. undecided

I know your type.

Hiding behind the anonymity of Nairaland to spew garbage, pretending to be intelligent but ending up exposing your gross ineptness.

You may wish to read my initial post under this thread again and digest it or better still... get a life.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by VerifiedStalin: 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
lagosboy3:

I know your type.

Hiding behind the anonymity of Nairaland to spew garbage, pretending to be intelligent but ending up exposing your gross ineptness.

You may wish to read my initial post under this thread again and digest it or better still... get a life.

Your retort reeked of immaturity and idiocy.

The fact that you couldn't spot the irony in your post, has told me all I needed to know about your below average Intelligence Quotient.

Now, piss off, dumb-ass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by lagosboy3(m): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Your retort reeked of immaturity and idiocy.

The fact that you couldn't spot the irony in your post, has told me all I needed to know about your below average Intelligence Quotient.

Now, piss off, dumb-ass.

Suit yourself.

Moved on since... Or in your own parlance... Pissed off since. grin

Enjoy.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by saint2ace(m): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
Guys can we just skip the insults and concentrate on the matter at hand. Phone wey we no get we dey insult ourselves...... Hmmmmmmm SMH

Let's use a little decorum pls. One move people
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by lagosboy3(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
saint2ace:
Guys can we just skip the insults and concentrate on the matter at hand. Phone wey we no get we dey insult ourselves...... Hmmmmmmm SMH

Let's use a little decorum pls. One move people

Na man you be.

#WeMove

I be Xiaomi fanboy sha. Na why I chook mouth for the matter. Rocked only MI phones since my first one in 2015. The gorgeous Redmi Note 2.

Xiaomi has really come a long way since then.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by RealEzee(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Vexatious:

Samsung S20u has better specs.
mi 10 ultra not mi 10 pro ooo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2020/08/14/camera-shootout-xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra/

https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-camera-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1I88ucdWw

Go and watch Mrwhostheboss hands on review of the MI 10 ultra and get your facts right, saying mi 10 ultra is lil sister to mi 10 pro, smh.

On hands review and specs of the MI 10 ultra

Abeg make we dey put correct facts

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by RealEzee(m): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Telvin7:

You really don't know anything about phone or anything about the mi 10 ultra ..

Mi 10 ultra is better than the mi 10 pro and it's better than the Samsung Galaxy s20 ultra

In cameras and speakers .

It has 120 Hz display not 90hz ..

It has graphene and graphite cooling and it got the highest AnTuTu score ever ....

I wonder where he got he details from too ooo
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by RealEzee(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
Karex81:
first 120x zoom camera

no 1 in dxomark
all for less than $800
Big time ooo!
No mind am Abeg grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by shogsman(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Vexatious:

Oh the irony.

• Pro has better screen technology, and by proxy, deeper colors, albeit identical pixel-per-inch.
• Pro has better cameras.
• Pro has better video features.

Having higher refresh rate (Hz) is the only place Mi 10 Ultra seems to have the upper hand.

Bro, don't take this the wrong way, but you're a noob.
You're an ignorant buffoon sir ,I will school you in this subject of discuss.
The fact that you think the higher the number of camera pixel the performance sums up that you don't know shit, FYI even xaiomi themselves rank the mi 10 ultra camera as the best there is.
Mi 10 u has higher ram,faster charging technology.
It is more expensive than a reason mate
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by eyems: 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
In lots of ways I prefer the Note 20 to the Note 20 Ultra
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Elxandre(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lexusgs430:

It's got some futuristic features........ A device possibly on my bucket list......... cheesy
Futuristic features like?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Elxandre(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
Vexatious:

Samsung S20u has better specs.
That's not a note 20 ultra and that's not a mi 10 ultra.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Elxandre(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
Vexatious:

Bro, the phone in the picture is Mi 10 Pro, and it has better features than Mi 10 Ultra. Per the comparison, S20u has better specs.
MI 10 pro has better features than mi 10 ultra?
Use Google
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Elxandre(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

I respectfully disagree. The only thing stopping me from upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S10 is money. If I have the money, I would snag one in a heartbeat. When I want to buy something, I consider longevity before anything else. A chinese mid-ranger can't give the consumer that kind of mileage. They are cheap for a reason.
Why can't it?
My mi 8 is over a year old and not a single fault.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Lexusgs430: 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Elxandre:

It's probably the best android out now........
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
Elxandre:

Unfortunately, it's now off my bucket list..... I got the Samsung Z flip instead......... cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by YouloveEmmanuel: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Visit telegram channel @jumiadealsonline for jumia discounts & black Friday awoof
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Elxandre(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, it's now off my bucket list..... I got the Samsung Z flip instead......... cheesy
Come on, the flip is boring. grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Lexusgs430: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
Elxandre:

Come on, the flip is boring. grin

It's not conventional and surely not flipping boring...... grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by seanwilliam(m): 11:46am On Dec 18, 2020
When dem no swear for me.. why I go choose xioami mi 10 ultra over note20ultra ? Even I go pick Samsung note10 over it.. the only phone I can pick over note 20 ultra is iPhone 11 Pro upward
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by Elxandre(m): 1:06am On Dec 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
When dem no swear for me.. why I go choose xioami mi 10 ultra over note20ultra ? Even I go pick Samsung note10 over it.. the only phone I can pick over note 20 ultra is iPhone 11 Pro upward
We're not talking about phone for "fashion or prestige" here.
This is strictly for tech guys. grin

People like you would even pick iphone 7 over mi 10.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - Machined To Perfection (it's friggin awesome) by theFilmtric: 1:51am On Dec 19, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Till you see Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.......... grin
Lexusgs430:
Till you see Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.......... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get 100mb Wit Just #200 On MTN / Help! My Samsung Galaxy Core Screen Has Been Broken / Infinix Powers The First Ever Molic Concert In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.