Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic (59264 Views)

I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / Apapa-road Gridlock: How Companies Move Cargoes From Lagos Ports -PHOTOS / Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by miltonchux(m): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
IduNaOba:
No be by sea o
We want our sea port in onitsha working.
Which yeye moving cargo by rail?
Let's see how this will benefit us
Read to understand. Is by Sea, via Cargo Barges.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by goodnessme1(f): 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
OmoEpe:

Nnamdi Cownu the supreme idiotic albinoic haunch backed leader of IPOB led his people to commit mass suicide and escaped to London to spend the gullible disciples funds on women of easy virtues while his senseless followers die like sallah rams

Face Cownu that led them to face the state and escaped abroad with his own wife and children. It isn't buhari fault that those idiots are incapable of logical reasoning
Who is this thing.

4 Likes

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by mamaafrik(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
Zalam5:

Hmm, may almighty God save us from this evil people
But my thoughts is that may be there's agender for railway from Lagos to onitsha.
if you ask me i think the North is trying to scope the east into believing the 1966 hatred is gone come 2023.
What happened to calabr,warri and ph ports??
We should be wise

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by mamaafrik(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Zalam5:

Hmm, may almighty God save us from this evil people
But my thoughts is that may be there's agender for railway from Lagos to onitsha.
yes in the coastal Railway that is already facing issues from our southern brother antagonising it without calculation
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by mamaafrik(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
celeiyke:

Don't think you even follow events happening
coastal rail abi??,i laugh at you,go and write it down No Hausa-fulani led government will want Lagos- Calabar to see fruition
Where is the loan for it,is it not the one fellow southerners are countering,what of onne,warri
and ph ports ,they claim the water is too shallow but it can be uses to export oil and Agric produce ,think,the North is just playing ludo with the south ni,it more about 2023 ,go and write it down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by salt1: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
SlayerForever:

Buhari didn't effect anything. The maritime owners threatened to ditch Apapa entirely if the government doesn't decongest the port. So they have to look for alternatives, in this case using barges to ship to Onitsha.

Most logical explanation

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ekejoestar:
Ok,
but we must not copy everything from the west, why not develop a system whereby we can have special stations along the railway where we can have container depot specially for that purpose instead of going all the way east.

Its 100 times cheaper to transport anything by water, against using rail
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Better. At least ndi okoros will stop accusing ndi Ewedus of sabotagecheesy

FG has been doing the sabotaging.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Buhari is really working in the South East

Nope.

They are finally tired of the unprecedented mayhem going on in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
EzeYezzuz:
At least Okoros can return to potopoto republic

I KNOW YOU WON'T SLEEP WELL TONIGHT!!!
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
techmo:
cool

Kudos to Buhari

No more Marginalisation silly excuses

Buhari has nothing to do with it.

Buhari also has nothing to do with the ships now docking in Onne seaport.

Maerskline insisted on taking their ships coming in from China, Singapore & Malaysia to Onne port cuz they are tired of waiting 25 days to clear their ships in Lagos ports

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
contigiency:
Buhari is just busy turning this country for good.

Fake news

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
loneprof:

Must you people complain about everything? Protester! Did you even read the post? Yan yan yan... undecided

Who is *you people*??

Common keep quiet
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by SlayerForever: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
Joashiyke:
Decongesting Lagos and congesting Anambra... Robbing Peter to pay Paul!

They should congest us, no p grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by techmo(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Buhari has nothing to do with it.

Buhari also has nothing to do with the ships now docking in Onne seaport.

Maerskline insisted on taking their ships coming in from China, Singapore & Malaysia to Onne port cuz they are tired of waiting 25 days to clear their ships in Lagos ports

Lol

NIMASA and Dakuku peterside made the pirates go, and same as the navy, Buhari completed the full dredging for bigger vessels, Amaechi concessioned Onne to serious people through NPA unlike Jonathan

Bala hadiza and Buhari fully gave incentives to shippers using Onne port

Ibo man be appreciative

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by pretyval: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
We are saying the same thing bro/sis... I said THEY!!!
martineverest:
why didn't u blame Obasanjo that embezzled billions of dollars meant for dredging of river Niger so Onitsha port could be expanded?..y didn't Jonathan do such?..they could have chose to use warri ports ports in port Harcourt if they never wanted south east to expand ..don't forget they are building ports in Edo and ondo.

in case u don't know ,river Niger is the reason why Onitsha doesn't have functional port ,cos it needs dredging that could cost billions of dollars.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by martineverest(m): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
pretyval:
We are saying the same thing bro/sis... I said THEY!!!
but u said it as if it was buhari that conspired against South east
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
techmo:

Lol

NIMASA and Dakuku peterside made the pirates go, and same as the navy, Buhari completed the full dredging for bigger vessels, Amaechi concessioned Onne to serious people through NPA unlike Jonathan

Bala hadiza and Buhari fully gave incentives to shippers using Onne port

Ibo man be appreciative

grin cheesy grin

Classic zombie tales. Shey u copied this hopeless falsehood from BMC WhatsApp group? cheesy

Nobody made the pirates go, 2 million barrels have been leaving nigeria daily thru Onne seaport and Porthacourt seaport for ages now.

Bigger vessels filled to the brim with crude oil has been passing there for decades, buhari did absolutely nothing. ONNE inland river port natural draughts has always been 10m and can carry big ships even without dredging.

They are finally tired of the totally congested lagos and decided to re-open eastern ports just like they closed it.

Ndi apari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by pretyval: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
You assumed!!! The Fed Government has failed time and time again to show interest in the affairs of the South East. It didn't start today and when Jonathan came on board, he was less concerned. If they really wanted to dredge the river 9ja, we both know it would be done.. its been left that way and every election year, it becomes an electoral promise. I am concerned because I'm from the South East. I'm not being biased and I invite anyone who feels his or her community is being marginalized to step forward and say it. A better Nigeria starts with equal development of every community in Nigeria. We all are at risk in Lagos as we keep pushing the water back, one day it may come back. Why can't we have all states developed and fully running? A project that shouldn't take one week takes 5 years to complete in Nigeria.

Please check profile and please share my business to friends and family.

martineverest:
but u said it as if it was buhari that conspired against South east

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by SlayerForever: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Fake news

Lol.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Who is *you people*??

Common keep quiet

Lol... grin
You know say una people too dey complain na wink grin
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by techmo(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
PrecisionFx:

grin cheesy grin

Classic zombie tales. Shey u copied this hopeless falsehood from BMC WhatsApp group? cheesy

Nobody made the pirates go, 2 million barrels have been leaving nigeria daily thru Onne seaport and Porthacourt seaport for ages now.

Bigger vessels filled to the brim with crude oil has been passing there for decades, buhari did absolutely nothing. ONNE inland river port natural draughts has always been 10m and can carry big ships even without dredging.

They are finally tired of the totally congested lagos and decided to re-open eastern ports just like they closed it.

Ndi apari

This one Na novice for maritime matter... Onne was never shut anytime and pirates don't really attack oil vessels as oil trade is done at International b2b trade level and sometimes country to country deal, however cargo ships plying Onne back then require more money from shippers for insurance that made it too expensive for your Ibo people

Now Buhari redredged River Niger channels, got transfer badge smaller ships to move on shallow waters accross river Niger, reconcessioned all river port and inland waterways port now your land Locked SouthEast can get your cargoes by rail or river port

Buhari is your boss and your hero
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by martineverest(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
pretyval:
You assumed!!! The Fed Government has failed time and time again to show interest in the affairs of the South East. It didn't start today and when Jonathan came on board, he was less concerned. If they really wanted to dredge the river 9ja, we both know it would be done.. its been left that way and every election year, it becomes an electoral promise. I am concerned because I'm from the South East. I'm not being biased and I invite anyone who feels his or her community is being marginalized to step forward and say it. A better Nigeria starts with equal development of every community in Nigeria. We all are at risk in Lagos as we keep pushing the water back, one day it may come back. Why can't we have all states developed and fully running? A project that shouldn't take one week takes 5 years to complete in Nigeria.

Please check profile and please share my business to friends and family.

don't forget the cost of dredging river niger alone is enough to build a sea port in coastal states.federal government would rather build a sea port in nigerdelta than south east...south east is almost landlocked
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by colestephan86: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92985968:
Considering the fact that a significant number of the containers that berth in Apapa goes straight to the South Eastern part of the country
You just like consoling yourself.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by molbic(m): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
EzeYezzuz:
At least Okoros can return to potopoto republic
okoros loves brown roof republic thank you

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by wpadmin: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
goodnessme1:
Yes he is really working for south East.

He have killed at least 300 eastern youths doing peaceful protest.

Is that not wonderful work from him?

Nothing makes you happy. Nothing.

When you see good thing, na to go dig another thing. Tufiakwa.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by goodnessme1(f): 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
wpadmin:

Nothing makes you happy. Nothing.

When you see good thing, na to go dig another thing. Tufiakwa.
Covering evil against Igbos makes you happy.

Tufiakwa nke gi.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by frozen70(f): 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lipscomb:
Hope that will not cause setback to our country.

How ⁉️
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by earnit5: 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
really
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by simplelad(m): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
It will not cause any setback. Infact it is a good development. Let them decongest Lagos abeg.
Lipscomb:
Hope that will not cause setback to our country.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by simplelad(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
It will not cause any setback. Infact it is a good development. Let them decongest Lagos abeg.[quote author=Lipscomb post=92985791]Hope that will not cause setback to our country.
Re: FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic by lacasera14(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
SlayerForever:

Ikwerre people no dey travel na.
Don't be unfortunate this August.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Most Mysterious Places On Earth / 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances / South Africa denies Nigeria visa-free status, grants Ghana - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.