Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family (492 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
I met this guy 4years ago in an hospital and since then we started communicating until recently , when a prophesy was revealed by his parent's prophets.
After we met at the hospital, he kept on asking me to date him but I didn't give give him a positive response till after 3years. That was last year August, I eventually accepted to date him. However, before I accepted to date him, I had prayed over it personally and even with 3 pastors and they revealed the same thing about him. All they revealed were good prophecies.
When I agreed to date him, he didn't have a good job but I did not mind because I believe the only constant thing in life is change. He then told me that same month "August" ,about a government job he applied for and wasn't willing to write the exams because of previous dissapointments. I convinced him to write the exams and eventually after some months , he got the job. He got the job December last year. He was so happy and kept saying it was my good luck but I believe it was just God.
Later on, last December, he went to his home town for an event. Then , his parents told him it was revealed to them that I wasn't meant for him. They told him that we would have difficulties and he will abandon his family if he marries me, they even told him something more extreme...They said having children will not be easy.
However, since I agreed to date him, things only got better for him and I never for once said or felt any bitterness towards his family.
Now, he is giving me attitude because of what his parent's prophets revealed without having any prove of a bad behaviour from my end. I told him to pray...he did that and obviously, what was revealed to him was the same with what was revealed to me.
Since Last year December till date, our relationship has been affected by this and he barely communicates with me. He chats me up once a while, telling me : we could still get married, the issue is beyond him, he is scared the things his parents said might happen...in short , he fears what his parent told him might be true. It hasn't been easy for me, it hurts me so much because it took me 3years to finally accept to date him and now, this is happening despite the fact that his life turned out better since we started dating. I don't know what to do.
Re: Family by Kaycee54321(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Religious People embarassed

Anyway, it's not the first time...

I think somewhere in the Bible, two Prophets saw different things from the same source and one punched the other and asked, "When did God leave me to speak to you?" cheesy

Anyway, I no get advice for you or the boy whose parents and prophets get to determine who he'll marry and possibly best sex positions to practice on his matrimonial bed.
Re: Family by Foodqueen(f): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
His parents are scared that u will snatch him from them.

Give him space.

1 Like

Re: Family by bjprodint(f): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
in marriage,na d family u dey marry and not the man alone.if his family say no to your relationship with their son,you beta run.

Abeg forget love and move forward so that you will not regret it tomorrow.

my sister,use your good luck to change another man's story,this time,GOD will make him your husband.

if you force yourself marry this your present boyfriend,you fit enjoy the wedding o,but u no go enjoy the marriage.
Re: Family by Unnerve: 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
I once belonged to the school of thought that as long as you love a man/woman, then this is all that matters. Even if parents were against it, the love between the couple will always prevail and everyone will live happily ever after.

Well that's a lie, a BIG LIE.

I have seen too much, learnt too much, and more keenly observed the world around me with realistic eyes, instead of forming opinions based on what fantasy movies & books portray.

The truth is, you ABSOLUTELY want his parents blessing on such a serious lifelong commitment as marriage, there's no long essay to be typed regarding this.
It's just what it is.

I advise that you tell him to try convincing his parents and get them to change their minds, but please don't hold your breath because they probably won't.
And if you were truly wise, you should not be so eager to marry into a family that wants nothing to do with you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hmmm I pray for God's intervention in your case.
Re: Family by Maneq: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
You were alright waiting to consult and get approval before agreeing to date him. Now by proxy he has been consulted for. And approval to marry you has been denied.

Ko wrong now.
Re: Family by mutter(f): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
To be honest..
You are both wierd shocked
How many prophesies did you need to date him.
Now his parents have beaten you with your own weapon.
How will you ask him not to listen to his parent's prophets, when you listened to your own?
You actually believe you are the reason for his good luck!
Well also believe his parents prophets since you are a BELIEVER!

2 Likes

Re: Family by Ishilove: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
Aunty, God is not a author of confusion. You better leave him to his devices and go your own way. Like someone up there said, use the oil of favour upon your head to positively touch another man who knows what he is doing. Never make the mistake of marrying into a family that doesn't want you.

1 Like

Re: Family by Acidosis(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
It's time to move on. If his family doesn't want you, then move on.

I don't know why it took 3 years for you to accept a man but please don't ever do that again.

When it comes to marriage, your prayer or fasting is just as important as theirs.

Have it in mind that men do not seek parental approval before speaking to a woman. So when you and your family say YES to a man, his parents have to also give a YES, if marriage is the focus. So, your yes is just a means to an end, not an end in itself, so don't spend 3 years of your life on that. You have 3 prophets, they probably have 10.
Re: Family by cooooooks(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Where did his parents get the prophecies from? What is the (REAL) track record of the prohecy givers?
Re: Family by GboyegaD(m): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
I will suggest you move on because he has shown you he believes the prophecy more. What this means is that if you persist, he wouldn't stand by you when it comes to matters that concerns his family. Which implies it is a solo race which isn't what you want in marriage.
Re: Family by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
seyssss

Good you've leant how to create a thread

You did the right thing by consulting with those that have spiritual oversight over you before accepting. Marriage isn't something one will jump into without some witnesses.
But next time, one, or at most two of such should do.

Cast all your cares on Jesus for He cares for you.
Continue praying about it, fervently table it before God telling Him how you thought He led you into that and the situation on ground now. Ask for His mercy and intervention.

Tell the pastors you shared it with. If possible
they/ one of them should communicate with the pastors of your fiance's parents and iron things out with them

Encourage your fiance to tell his parents to pray more about it and talk to a trusted man of God.
If the guy is reluctant in helping you iron things out, leave him and trust God for someone else.
Besides, the problem might be foundational. you might need to break some chains and demonic influences that might want to keep you single.
wish u luck
Re: Family by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
Have you ever wondered if you are being played?

(1) (Reply)

Are You Sad You're Getting Old ? / 2004 Model Toyota Camry Le Available Forsale / What Is Of Topmost Pirioty To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.