Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest (2866 Views)

Kyoto University Japan Allows Students To Wear Anything They Want For Graduation / Ananti Ezugo: Photograph University Of Nigeria Students These Are My Best Shots / "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by adahmiracle: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Following the arrangement planned by the Nigeria Association of University students to protest today August 16, 2020, in Abuja.

The protest went has organized by the students as massive turn-out was recorded in the struggle. The students have not only expressed their pains and grievances on social media platforms, but they have also shown it through action today in Abuja.

Deducing from what the students said, If marketplaces, religious centers are opened, and election primaries are conducted then school must be opened too because they share the same population with schools.

See full story here with images

Or here

https://naijabizz.com.ng/if-they-want-to-kill-us-let-them-kill-us-nigeria-students-protest-2/

2 Likes

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by sinkhole: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
E bi like say na only excos came out to protest grin
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by mespusinglez(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Just leave it Till Next year abeg

Am Mentally, Emotionlessly and Financially Not Ready for school this year

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by almore01(m): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
Really sad... Didn't get d chance to protest down here

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Bomboiy: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
mespusinglez:

Bro nobody is forcing you to resume this year,if schools open and you feel like waiting till next year that good and fine,the rest of us that want to resume shouldn't be kept at home because people like you don't want to resume this year.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Bitwilky(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
...the students are voicing out their opinion, on the government part is to listen.
That being said, the only issue I have with our so called leaders is, they look like they are short of ideas. Yes, they closed the school because of Covid-19, nobody faulted them at first, but where it became paramount is after they began to do the gradual easing process without considering the school, (those in final year) probably left with a semester, or a paper to go, then they are done.
In my opinion, what they should have done is, let the finalist first resume, as a means a gradual opening up of the school, just like it is being done for Senior Secondary School students, after they are done with the finalist, the whole institution can open, with regulated time table. For example, Monday's can be for a department, Tuesday's for another department, and so on and forth. Meaning the department that were in school on Monday have no business to come to school on Tuesday, follow suit to Wed, Thu, Fri.... This system will avail them the opportunity to practice physical distancing on campus by making use of the empty classes of the other departments that are not in school, instead of closing down the school without coming up with any idea as to how to open the school other than, "we shall open the school when it is safe to." The question is, when is the right time, and the safest time? This virus had come to stay, and it will not go anytime soon. The only solution is to diverse a means to start living with it, till the awaited vaccine is available. I just hope that our government is listening...

I wish the present registrar of Jamb, Prof Ishaq Oloyede is the current Minister of Education, the man with a technical know-how, not the other way round....
Well, our government will always live in denial, using ASUU strike as a cover up while school aren't resuming any moment from now.

3 Likes

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by paulolee(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
jokers..
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by dahgifted(m): 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
mespusinglez:

Na your type go first reach school if school resume.

1 Like

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by DaInferno(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
efforts much appreciated.

a United youth is an unstoppable force, it's quite a shame that we Nigerians have to protest before school reopens fully, our FG can't emulate other countries where this virus has gotten a good sum of their populace, yet still moving on with their routine activities.
those of you that don't wanna resume, hope you know you're getting old?
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Very stupid and information-deficient students!
In which country in the world today are universities open for classroom studies??
Are there no other more pressing issues in Nigeria that are worth protesting for?

1 Like

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
DaInferno:

a United youth is an unstoppable force, it's quite a shame that we Nigerians have to protest before school reopens fully, our FG can't emulate other countries where this virus has gotten a good sum of their populace, yet still moving on with their routine activities.

Village boy, tell me which country has its universities currently running open studies now?

1 Like

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by DaInferno(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Village boy, tell me which country has its universities currently running open studies now?
why is every Nigerian always prepared to be a savage or troll, as if I was referring to u fking bloodclaat, why you d call me village boy
check this link you punk ars modafuka. Islamic front like you!

https://www.universityworldnews.com/post-mobile.php?story=20200610184222207
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
I'm sorry but you die for nothing
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
DaInferno:
why is every Nigerian always prepared to be a savage or troll, as if I was referring to u fking bloodclaat, why you d call me village boy

Open the link you posted, read it well and understand it.

Does "planning to open"(since june 10), and 'has opened' mean the same thing to you?
No university has been opened for full academic activities anywhere so far.
Nigeria does not exist or operate in isolation.
Anyone that wants to commit suicide because schools have not been opened should go ahead.
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Petyr1: 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
mespusinglez:

stay at home till next year if you don't want to resume. It not by force.
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by DaInferno(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Does "planning to open"(since june 10), and 'has opened' mean the same thing to you?
Anyone that wants to commit suicide because schools have not been opened should go ahead.
so where in the comment I posted did i specifically mention that schools should resume immediately? apart from that

the link I posted was a story about a government hinting it's citizens when tertiary activities will resume, whereas FG isn't making a move

you just rise up the call me. village boy because of wetin?
get yourself mehn, am not the cause of your hunger this evening
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Silentgroper(m): 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bomboiy:

Bro nobody is forcing you to resume this year,if schools open and you feel like waiting till next year that good and fine,the rest of us that want to resume shouldn't be kept at home because people like you don't want to resume this year.
Be like life don taya you. If you want to die please go and hug a nearby high tension transformer. Dont drag us to death with your suicidal self
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Silentgroper(m): 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
DaInferno:

. Lol what's the point in getting hold when death can take you away all in d name of resumind school admist a deadly viral disease. I wonder what you want student with underlying health condition to do
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by esivue007(m): 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bitwilky:
...the students are voicing out their opinion, on the government part is to listen.
That being said, the only issue I have with our so called leaders is, they look like they are short of ideas. Yes, they closed the school because of Covid-19, nobody faulted them at first, but where it became paramount is after they began to do the gradual easing process without considering the school, (those in final year) probably left with a semester, or a paper to go, then they are done.
In my opinion, what they should have done is, let the finalist first resume, as a means a gradual opening up of the school, just like it is being done for Senior Secondary School students, after they are done with the finalist, the whole institution can open, with regulated time table. For example, Monday's can be for a department, Tuesday's for another department, and so on and forth. Meaning the department that were in school on Monday have no business to come to school on Tuesday, follow suit to Wed, Thu, Fri.... This system will avail them the opportunity to practice physical distancing on campus by making use of the empty classes of the other departments that are not in school, instead of closing down the school without coming up with any idea as to how to open the school other than, "we shall open the school when it is safe to." The question is, when is the right time, and the safest time? This virus had come to stay, and it will not go anytime soon. The only solution is to diverse a means to start living with it, till the awaited vaccine is available. I just hope that our government is listening...

I wish the present registrar of Jamb, Prof Ishaq Oloyede is the current Minister of Education, the man with a technical know-how, not the other way round....
Well, our government will always live in denial, using ASUU strike as a cover up while school aren't resuming any moment from now.
seconded,I really love the opinion u made on the current jamb registrar,very intelligent and brilliant man
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by RudyNerdy: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2020
DaInferno:

it's obvious that bastard ChybuzzDD is an Islamic extremist with hatred for education.
God punish am dia
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by RudyNerdy: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

you're very stupid for this comment.
Shows your brain is totally empty
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by RudyNerdy: 12:16am On Aug 20, 2020
Silentgroper:
. Lol what's the point in getting hold when death can take you away all in d name of resumind school admist a deadly viral disease. I wonder what you want student with underlying health condition to do
so what are you insinuating?
If you don't have anything better to do then you Shut up
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Goldenfinger: 3:14am On Aug 20, 2020
mespusinglez:

.seconded
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Bluntguy: 4:07am On Aug 20, 2020
It's only in Nigeria that weeds have overgrown University premises. Why is education the least on the priority list of our government? What with the sudden change of mind after much persuasions before Nigerian students were allowed to take WAEC exams. Do students need to protest again to resume school?
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by DaInferno(m): 6:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Silentgroper:
if we wait for every body with their own personal excuse or health condition, then I don't think we should do anything for the rest of our lives. because if u ask me, There are some people who want to finish school, not for the joy of it, but to move on with their hustle and other things. school hinders them in a way. I know a guy who wants to jet out badly, but wants to finish 1st,and age isn't by his side!

1 Like

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:16am On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=RudyNerdy post=93011159] you're very stupid for this comment.
Shows your brain is totally empty[/quote

When you finish ranting like a demented, wild animal, you go ahead and open the schools yourself.
Schools will not be opened until the coronavirus indices in Nigeria have shown it's safe to do so, irrespective of your personal desires and beliefs.
You're one of those uninformed idiots that believe the virus does not exist in Nigeria, when it's practically impossible, since Nigeria does not exist as an island.
Now, you can see that your personal beliefs do not actually matter.

It surprises me how undergraduates who should be abreast of every news/information out there are making such a stupid demand from the government at this point in time.
What's the current level of spread of the virus in Nigeria, compared to the rest of the world?
When was the peak of the virus spread in Nigeria, uninformed undergraduates?
Is community transmission in Nigeria now over, ignorant undergraduates?
Have we now acquired herd immunity in Nigeria, semi-literate undergraduates?
Has a cure been discovered for the virus in Nigeria, research-aversed undergraduates?
Or has everyone in Nigeria now been vaccinated, stupid undergraduates who hate science, yet want to rush back to school to study it?

1 Like

Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by Silentgroper(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2020
RudyNerdy:
so what are you insinuating?
If you don't have anything better to do then you Shut up
. All i'm insinuating is if you're feeling suicidal, you'll be better off jumping off from 3rd mainland bridge
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by mespusinglez(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Bomboiy:

see this one�
No school this year, i don vex
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by mespusinglez(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
dahgifted:
Na your type go first reach school if school resume.
I doubt
Re: If They Want To Kill Us, Let Them Kill Us”- Nigeria Students Protest by mespusinglez(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Goldenfinger:
.seconded
mah nigga

(1) (Reply)

Help Urgently Needed With My Local Government Of Origin Certificate!!! / Transfer From Private To Federal Universities. / 2014/2015 Neco Gce Chemistry Practical Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.