Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

MTN Just Stole My 5GB Data - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MTN Just Stole My 5GB Data (355 Views)

I Almost Stole Yesterday / My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed / Edo Man Uses Juju To Search For N2K His Wife Stole From His Pocket.(Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Just Stole My 5GB Data by We4all: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
I am furious right now and feel like hitting someone. Last night, I had over 5GB of MTN data which is supposed to expire tomorrow. My intention was to subscribe before expiration so as to roll over the plan.

This morning, I browsed some websites ( including Nairaland) and in the course of browsing, I realized the pages were not opening. Out of curiosity, I decided to check my data bundle and lo and behold, I received a message that I no longer have an active data plan.

To say that I was livid would be stating the obvious. How is it possible that 5GB of data would be exhausted within a few minutes if I didn't make any downloads? I quickly called customer care venting my anger and all the call agent could say was to tender an apology.

I dropped the call on him and decided to catch them in the act. I inserted a second sim which had about 1 GB. I browsed Nairaland for 2 minutes, then checked to see my data balance and realized I had 281 MB left. After a few minutes, I checked again and saw the message that I had no active bundle left.

Right now, I'm so mad that if I had a chance I would raze down the office of MTN. It's so appaling that some individuals would hide under the guise of 'corporate organization' to defraud her customers. Such impunity!

Unfortunately, I have had this experience with them before which made me ditch the line for months. I switched to Airtel and realized that they ain't any better as I was literally subscribing every 2 days because 1GB lasted no more than 2 days for a normal browsing.

As at this moment, I'm just staring at my phone cos the thought of subscribing and watch them steal from me again and again is driving me nuts. This is daylight robbery with 'laptop robbers' hiding under the guise of a 'legit company' to rip people off.

It's no wonder that their top managers are super rich cos all they do is steal from their customers. MTN is a shithole and fraudulent company and I'm going to stage a revenge against them. It's only a matter of time.
Re: MTN Just Stole My 5GB Data by okirewaju(f): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
Are you sure you did not have pending downloads? Or maybe someone is sharing your data with you unknowingly?
Re: MTN Just Stole My 5GB Data by Greatzeus(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2020
I don't believe you exhausted 5gb by just browsing nairaland,this is false alarm. We know how data get exhausted quickly especially on 4gb,but not like just browsing nairaland and 5gb is gone. I don't believe you one bit. Calm down and see where the real problem is,you are not the only using MTN so stop being emotional and stop the exaggeration.
Re: MTN Just Stole My 5GB Data by mardis: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
I don't believe this, 5gb just fiam like that? Haba! Nairaland that you can uses 50mb and browse for a whole day and stil have some mb left. Infact i use 1gb for #200 for 1wk with normal browsing. Op maybe you mistakenly enter instagram, that app can zap data like no tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Homeless Man Returns Ring worth $4000 And Gets A House / BREAKING! Don't Give Your Children Face Mask Again, See Why / Fem By Davido: An Insight Into The Life Of A Poor Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.