Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online (87236 Views)

All The New Nord A5 We Assembled Was Sold In Two Days - CEO, Oluwatobi Ajayi / Nord Unveils Its New Vehicle, Norda5 / Godspower Michael, UNIUYO Student Creates A 'Speed Motorbike' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Burchester: 8:04am On Aug 20, 2020
Wow
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Cherez: 8:05am On Aug 20, 2020
pricklewane:
Many jews from hellfire will cry blood once they wake up to see the news. This was how Awo torment their pathetic till this 21 century.

Lol
Awo-torment indeed
It's the Nigerian politicians who stick with Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi, even that useless TATA that should be your nightmare and not the IPOB Jews whom are already buying or will buy the trucks

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by bigpriik: 8:05am On Aug 20, 2020
afonja mods don push to fp can he beat innoson ? Let's see.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by majamajic(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2020
Peacemaker5129:
Some ipogoats won't be happy with this news

The sky is wide enough
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by LucemFerre: 8:07am On Aug 20, 2020
I’m impressed... but, still sounds and looks like FORD though grin
Make una no chop me, just saying
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by kheny12(m): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2020
Olabode971:
Let Nord make Machine Guns, Armored tanks, Firearms machineries for Naija Army nau, and let them use it to fight Boko, Fulani and other insurgency group disturbing the peace of Nigerians...

If you think this is the right way things should be done; click Like..

Share if this is another strategy to cool Nigerian tensions.

You should have said you want like grin

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Minjim: 8:09am On Aug 20, 2020
darfay:
The difference between Igbo and Yoruba owned businesses is packing and the Yorubas ofc know how to do that better.

See how clean and luxury ish their workshop and sales outlet looks compared to innoson. That alone can provoke sales on the notion of buying quality and luxury rather than innoson that seems to provoke sale out of pity or solely on the ground of nationalism

Look at the difference between Aba made shoes usually packed in potatoe sack as compared to the one's Yoruba guys make on IG with shoe box. It's no wonder the Yoruba own might have a smaller share but definitely serves a wealthier portion of the marketing, creating a sustainable brand.

Igbos should focus on packaging and innovation and then, they can truly dominate the economy as they like to claim

Op, what you posted as reactions are extremely one sided. A lot of foreigners condemned Nord like A looot for their lack of creativity in name choice. Why would they even name it Nord? Which is too similar to Ford a very established player in the same Industry or maybe the founder is Henry Nord

Let's stop this.
There are enough competition outside Nigeria for us to worry about.

Just look at the way SAs are hating on it. They are not even happy. I wonder why?

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Cherez: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2020
Hotfreezer:

What of Honda and Hyundai. Compare the logo too.

Apoda atole oloripelebe. Shut up your dirty mouth and ride your Innoson trash boxes and your Ugama hiace mobile coffins used by PMT, let us ride our JAC and Nord in peace.
Very wicked and bitter soul. You've finally seen that omoluabis are not your father's mates.

Imagine the bike you spill
A Yoruba guy designed a logo for IVM, subtly saying to them, "this logo is way better than your current one"
IVM acknowledged him and promised to work with him (though we've not heard from them) but someone here is only advising for a better name which I see reasons to his point just like I don't like our film industry called "NOLLYwood"
Stop being guile in this beautiful news we ought to celebrate and debate nicely on

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2020
Tomiwa69:
Finally we can rest from these Ipob.Always shouting innoson is Igbo...
NORD is Yoruba too na ..
Mumu Ipob

I expect this type of foolish comment from a foolish fool. No one will come here to dismiss it as a mere assembly yard.

Keep hating and keep remaining one place while others move on

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Laboni: 8:15am On Aug 20, 2020
kponkedenge:
Why not look for another more fitting name.... What is the meaning of NORD? Are we trying to copy FORD just like we copied Hollywood for Nollywood.
Do you even know the meaning of Nord? Nigerians forming “I too know” yet they can’t get anything working with all their knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Olabode971(f): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2020
kheny12:
You should have said you want like grin

Haha... lol you; Okay, I want.....L I K E sgrin

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by lomprico(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2020
good one.

I have read all the comments and dint see any 'rubbish not made but assembled in nigeria' but if its innoson they will all be saying that because of jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Laboni: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2020
lomprico:
good one.

I have read all the comments and dint see any 'rubbish not made but assembled in nigeria' but if its innoson they will all be saying that because of jealousy.
That’s the West Side for you. But they forget that most auto makers started from assembling.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by naptu2: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2020
lomprico:
good one.

Unfortunately there have been many of such comments on this thread.

It's sickening.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by TheAviator: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2020
ChangedMan1999:
Please, who exactly owns it.

Mr Ajayi Oluwatobi, a young Nigerian
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by henryobinna(m): 8:26am On Aug 20, 2020
josh123:
why can't the government do partnership with nord and innoson cars to produce more cars and stop the importation of cars and they should revive our steel company because steel is one of the major component of cars. if this is done it will provide jobs for graduate. it will be cool too if innoson and nord can merge to become one
na so them take dey merge?

when did Nord start making cars to make it a valuable company for Innoson to merge with, the best Innoson could do is to employ the guys over there if he needs their style
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by 21cents: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2020
ChangedMan1999:
Please, who exactly owns it.
it's a Nigerian company owned by a man from Nigeria. I believe I've answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by plantist: 8:30am On Aug 20, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
sad

As long as its In Afonja Land

The media will push for it

Meanwhile Innoson has been dishing out good cars

The hate for Igbo's in this country is something else

Says an 'olosho'. Yuck!
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Reference(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Good move. But I just wonder what Americans will say about this. I think the branding is a mistake. Will be hounded abroad as an imitation. The American market remains the biggest in the world.

They buy anything with wheels in unsurpassed numbers... elsewhere you are certainly not going to sell sand to the Arabs of the automobile world, China.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Mastakija(m): 8:40am On Aug 20, 2020
kponkedenge:
Why not look for another more fitting name.... What is the meaning of NORD? Are we trying to copy FORD just like we copied Hollywood for Nollywood.
u ehn
go back to page 1 and read it 20 times to understand
and who on earth told u dat nollywood copied hoollywood,
u dont understand some parts in english.
what of 'bollywood'io

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2020
ODJ124:
sad
am Impress by the brains behind this automobile...
it's design, interior, logo etc....
soon it will flood every street in Nigeria...
we are getting there..
For where trust Nigerians we love imported stuff more than made in Nigeria products. And I hope the CEO is paying them well, before we start hearing stories. This kind of company will find it hard to thrive in such a country as Nigeria under the current regime.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 20, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
sad

As long as its In Afonja Land

The media will push for it

Meanwhile Innoson has been dishing out good cars

The hate for Igbo's in this country is something else

Of all things you could think of writing this is what you came up with.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by EgunMogaji2: 8:42am On Aug 20, 2020
Cherez:

You guys should stop all these gibberish talks
This is a very very good way to start
No successful business or even greatness is not started out from a raw stage
By years of experience they will perfect the business
In fact, let NORD assemble 100%, this news to me is a miracle and kudos to the guy
Forbes already nominated him an innovat6youth and you just can't take it away from him.
This company will employ Nigerians

You are unable to coherently put together a rebuttal without using insults?

Forbes doesn’t nominate. Individuals or associates nominates and it’s a paid service. A fraudulent Nairalander that was arrested in the USA was also on the Forbes list. So please don’t use that nonsense criteria with me Sir.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by AerialMapper: 8:43am On Aug 20, 2020
When you take a Ford and change the F to an N
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by annyz: 8:43am On Aug 20, 2020
Imported parts & assembled in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by EgunMogaji2: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2020
SegFault:

For where trust Nigerians we love imported stuff more than made in Nigeria products. And I hope the CEO is paying them well, before we start hearing stories. This kind of company will find it hard to thrive in such a country as Nigeria under the current regime.

Under any regime.

There’s already 0% import duty on these Conpletely Knocked Down kits.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2020
darfay:
The difference between Igbo and Yoruba owned businesses is packaging and the Yorubas ofc know how to do that better.

See how clean and luxury ish their workshop and sales outlet looks compared to innoson. That alone can provoke sales on the notion of buying quality and luxury rather than innoson that seems to provoke sale out of pity or solely on the ground of nationalism

Look at the difference between Aba made shoes usually packed in potatoe sack as compared to the one's Yoruba guys make on IG with shoe box. It's no wonder the Yoruba own might have a smaller share but definitely serves a wealthier portion of the marketing, creating a sustainable brand.

Igbos should focus on packaging and innovation and then, they can truly dominate the economy as they like to claim

Op, what you posted as reactions are extremely one sided. A lot of foreigners condemned Nord like A looot for their lack of creativity in name choice. Why would they even name it Nord? Which is too similar to Ford a very established player in the same Industry or maybe the founder is Henry Nord
Horseshit. The only thing some nairalanders can think about is tribe. Herd mentality will not kill us in this country.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Under any regime.

There’s already 0% import duty on these Conpletely Knocked Down kits.
Hmm nawa oh. Na so e be for this country.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by nappy760(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2020
My issue with Nigerian made vehicles is that majority of the parts are still being imported ....so if you buy a car or you buy parts..
You are still buying from abroad

We need to start from the fundamentals

Bolts and nuts , we need to go back to our steel mines, we need companies to start specializing in the basic things so whatever is imported falls to as little as 20%
Re: Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online by Hopebringer: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2020
[s]
post=93013404:
This is cool!

It is just so cool!

Slow and steady we will get to a new and better Nigeria that we want.

We are on the right track.

Big Ups NORDS.

Big Ups INNOSON et al.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

[photos] Supercars Spotted In Lagos / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / 2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Emperor- N750m Car For Only 10 People In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.