Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location (8143 Views)

Ikole Police Stations Ekiti Attacked By Robbers / Showdown In Ekiti As Fayose Mobilises Okada Riders,nurtw / Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 11:10am On Feb 17, 2011
The new wave of tension building in some part of Ekiti State now is on the right location for the approved Federal University in the state.

Ever before now all expectation from the local people, state executives and governor, was to site the institution at IKOLE EKITI been one of oldest H/Q's without such facility.

But again, the Abuja factor is coming to play just for an individual gain and glory as against the wish of the general citizens.

The question here is: must the peace, prosperity and well-being of a whole state be but a common toy in the hand of a politician?
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by meine: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
@Olumogun

I am also from Ekiti and the moves of Senator Arise and the PDP really baffles me, with the relocation  they are ready to distabilise Ekiti, they will cause an enmity between these two communities for life, i am very sure the ikole people wont be quiet about this, very soon they may start the blockade of the abuja highway thats another militancy problem in the making. They should just cancel the project or leave it in ikole for the sake of peace.  angry angry angry
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ meine

thank u my broda!

Its like the senator forgot that he is not just representing Oye people alone.
oye is not a senatorial seat, but a fraction,
so whatever he is doing must be to better the whole constituency and not to disorganize it.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by ibto75(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2011
I think for once we should appreciate the position of the state Gov. He is from Oye LGA and he decided Ikole for the site of the university. This is very uncommon of our politicians. Remember the problem that Oni caused when he was the gov, attempting to relocate the Tunedik to his home town all in the name of self centered-ness. I think Arise should rethink otherwise generational crisis may arise as a result of this relocation.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2011
ibto75:

I think for once we should appreciate the position of the state Gov. He is from Oye LGA and he decided Ikole for the site of the university. This is very uncommon of our politicians. Remember the problem that Oni caused when he was the gov, attempting to relocate the Tunedik to his home town all in the name of self centered-ness. I think Arise should rethink otherwise generational crisis may arise as a result of this relocation.

I still don't know why a senator will be the one ruling over what happen i a state and not the state governor.
both the governor and the senator are from he same place, but different parties.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by ekubear1: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2011
Ekiti State is not that big.

Why not locate some of the university assets in Ikole?

Or does everything need to be in one town?  undecided

(I'm not from either town, FWIW.)
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by ekubear1: 11:26am On Feb 18, 2011
Anyway, at the end of the day the university is for the benefit of Ekiti as a whole. Let's not let the attempts of those who seek to divide us be successful  undecided
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by againstGEJ(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2011
But the government has clearly positioned that the university was initially meant to be at Oye and not Ikole!
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
that was a POLITICAL statement.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by againstGEJ(m): 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2011
really - do u know the mind of government?
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
that I don't know, maybe because I am not a politician.
but as I can tell U that 7 or 8 out of every 10 people in Ekiti state knew that the institution was expected to be located @ Ikole.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by againstGEJ(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2011
I am an Ekiti man, and i dont see a reason why two towns that a re a mere 20km apart should be killing each other because of the siting of a university. Can this happen in an advanced country?
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by ekubear1: 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
Thing is, we all know much this federal university is going to transform the town and region it is located in  undecided

So it makes sense that both sides are so keen on getting it, despite the distance.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
Why not locate it in the border region between the 2 communities

Part in Oye, Part in Ikole
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2011
@Olumugon

In ora l'ube n o!

Seriously, I dont think we should get excited for nothing. The location moves constantly and it's frustrating. Wasnt it a few years ago that Oni moved it to this place (cant rem the name). They need to stop moving and concentrate on our academic curriculum.

The movement is unnecessary. . . bah!
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2011
againstGEJ:

I am an Ekiti man, and i dont see a reason why two towns that a re a mere 20km apart should be killing each other because of the siting of a university. Can this happen in an advanced country?

So you're now an Ekiti MAN? Werent you posing as an Ekiti WOMAN (Mary_J_Blige) a while ago? Are you really Ekiti? undecided
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by againstGEJ(m): 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2011
What has Oni got to do with a new University established by the FG?

So what if I am MJBlige? I guess we need to start posting our ge.nitals to prove so many things here on NL. Who cares who anyone is?
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by ekubear1: 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So you're now an Ekiti MAN? Werent you posing as an Ekiti WOMAN (Mary_J_Blige) a while ago? Are you really Ekiti? undecided

He is both a man and a woman.

Don't judge him, that is how God made her
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by coolgb(m): 12:36am On Feb 19, 2011
na wa oh! Dis ekiti again,first it was FGGC btw efon alaaye and aramoko,later it was TUNEDK,now d federal university,kai! Petitioners too much.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2011
At least, writting petitions is far better than fractional war/battle.

In Ekiti, records has it that we always disagreed to agree.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 12:15pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@Olumugon

In ora l'ube n o!

In kuojo meta, se ala ni'se?
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by jensinmi(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2011
Gov Fayemi needs to know his position. He is an opposition governor. He doesn't get to choose where Federal facilities are cited. The PDP couldn't care less if he wants it in Ilejemeje. They will put it wherever they want. He needs to back down instead of remaining on this issue.

Someone said why should Arise be the one to exert authority. Well,  I don't know if he is truly responsible, but let us not forget. Ayo Arise is PDP, and the last time I checked, the president and the FEC are all PDP. In simple words, they don't give a hoot what Fayemi thinks.

As an opposition Senator or Governor, you need to know your limits and to know your role.

@Olumogun and Ileke-Idi

Do you proclaimed Ekiti people know Ilejemeje?? grin grin grin
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Olumogun: 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2011
jensinmi:

@Olumogun and Ileke-Idi

Yeah,
Ilejemeje is in Iye local council area of Ekiti state.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2011
jensinmi:

Gov Fayemi needs to know his position. He is an opposition governor. He doesn't get to choose where Federal facilities are cited. The PDP couldn't care less if he wants it in Ilejemeje. They will put it wherever they want. He needs to back down instead of remaining on this issue.

Someone said why should Arise be the one to exert authority. Well,  I don't know if he is truly responsible, but let us not forget. Ayo Arise is PDP, and the last time I checked, the president and the FEC are all PDP. In simple words, they don't give a hoot what Fayemi thinks.

As an opposition Senator or Governor, you need to know your limits and to know your role.

@Olumogun and Ileke-Idi

Yes, why? Is that your town?

Anywaz, I'm begining to look at Fayemi somehow. . . .he's getting too comfortable for his own good.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by hannie: 1:07am On Feb 21, 2011
jensinmi:

Someone said why should Arise be the one to exert authority. Well, I don't know if he is truly responsible, but let us not forget. Ayo Arise is PDP, and the last time I checked, the president and the FEC are all PDP. In simple words, they don't give a hoot what Fayemi thinks.

@Olumogun and Ileke-Idi

WTF ?

Fayemi rules Ekiti and not PDP . . .

PDP happen to have a senator that represents them but how can a senator be the judge of where a Federal University is to be placed if not TO SPITE THE RULING PARTY IN EKITI STATE ?

I can just imagine GEJ just coming into Lagos to come spew rubbish at Fashola expecting him to be subject to all his whims and caprices ? GOD FORBID!

Go ask OBJ, even Tinubu successfully called his bluff so dont think Fayemi cant call GEJ's bluff cool
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by DisGuy: 1:44am On Feb 21, 2011
jensinmi:

@Olumogun and Ileke-Idi

In the nigerian context this make some sense but it's quiet daft for anyone to say opposition senators and Governors should simply back down just because the FG makes a decision. what are they there for then?
if the PDP led government withholds allocation to the state will you also say they are free to do whatever they want

The FG already chose a location with the collaboration for the state government and the people, the State government went ahead to pay for surveying and land clearance only for the Fg to start building in another location entirely without consultation

Well i reckon GEJ wont be campaigning in Ekiti any time soon, not in the SW anyway if this sort of rubbish is allowed just because he is the president
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by jensinmi(m): 3:37am On Feb 21, 2011
hannie:

WTF ?

Fayemi rules Ekiti and not PDP . . .

PDP happen to have a senator that represents them but how can a senator be the judge of where a Federal University is to be placed if not TO SPITE THE RULING PARTY IN EKITI STATE ?

I can just imagine GEJ just coming into Lagos to come spew rubbish at Fashola expecting him to be subject to all his whims and caprices ? GOD FORBID!

Go ask OBJ, even Tinubu successfully called his bluff so dont think Fayemi cant call GEJ's bluff cool

Dis Guy:

In the nigerian context this make some sense but it's quiet daft for anyone to say opposition senators and Governors should simply back down just because the FG makes a decision. what are they there for then?
if the PDP led government withholds allocation to the state will you also say they are free to do whatever they want

The FG already chose a location with the collaboration for the state government and the people, the State government went ahead to pay for surveying and land clearance only for the Fg to start building in another location entirely without consultation

Well i reckon GEJ wont be campaigning in Ekiti any time soon, not in the SW anyway if this sort of rubbish is allowed just because he is the president

As daft as it sounds, people are dying and more are getting maimed. Someone has to back down, and we all know the PDP's Federal Government won't. So I wonder who's left on the other side of the equation. Let's see , Maybe Fayemi??

The Federal Government will say they have given Ekiti a University. People elsewhere will ask why "those Ekiti people" are fighting.

The solutions I proffer here are those that will save lives. Fayemi can take it or leave it.
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by DisGuy: 4:02am On Feb 21, 2011
jensinmi:

As daft as it sounds, people are dying and more are getting maimed. Someone has to back down, and we all know the PDP's Federal Government won't. So I wonder who's left on the other side of the equation. Let's see , Maybe Fayemi??

The Federal Government will say they have given Ekiti a University. People elsewhere will ask why "those Ekiti people" are fighting.

The solutions I proffer here are those that will save lives. Fayemi can take it or leave it.

Actually the people are not killing themselves, the police shot at protesters- i guess this is the prerogative of the PDP as well they can shoot whoever they like ?

an when you say back down i don't get what you mean exactly cos the only Fayemi has said was that he will be talking the issue up in Abuja

people elsewhere will be saying why is this DUMB Jonathan causing so much death everywhere,why is he making decisions without consulting or actually explaining the reason for their U-turn?
Re: Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location by hannie: 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
^ imagine Jensinmi thinks Ekiti people will bow to intimidation shocked

(1) (Reply)

Wife Of Kidnapped Politician Dead. Daughter's Legs May Be Amputated. / Afegbua: Babachir Lawal Cannot Play God In Tinubu’s Presidential Aspiration / 2023 Presidency: Enugu AAC Dumps Sowore, Endorses Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.