Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. (3826 Views)

I Was Security Guard & Now President; Nigeria Can Accommodate Everyone – Tinubu / Osita Okechukwu: Supporting Igbo Presidency’ll Be APC, Buhari’s Greatest Legacy / Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
This took only 3 years.

Still the fastest railway project construction and major infrastructure project in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by SLAP44: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
He has tried.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by RichBoy247: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
SLAP44:
He has tried.

YES, he is trying, but we expect more. Only haters will say that Buhari has done nothing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Groundbreaking was done in March, 2017.

156-km construction with many rail stations, bridges, tunnel and overpasses took only 3 years.

With a dedicated, credible, competent and focused leadership, nothing is impossible in Nigeria.

We can do whatever we set our minds to, we just need good and selfless leadership.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZOCe0jg89E

Proud to be a Nigerian.........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
NGpatriot:
Groundbreaking was done in March, 2017.

156-km construction with many rail stations, bridges, tunnel and overpasses took only 3 years.

With a dedicated, credible, competent and focused leadership, nothing is impossible in Nigeria.

We can do whatever we set our minds to, we just need good and selfless leadership.
Lets us move on the other promises from 2015.

6 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by wwwihy: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
Yes
Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
[s]
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lets us move on the other promises from 2015.
[/s]

Feel free to start your own topic to discuss that to your heart's content if you really care about what you are peddling.

Btw, no more Tinubu obsession topics and lamentation topics to peddle?

12 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by joelbooks: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Feel free to start your own topic to discuss that to your heart's content if you really care about what you are peddling.

Btw, no more Tinubu obsession topics and lamentation topics to peddle?
I plan to live in Eko Atlantic, I don't want Tinubu's business partner Chaugory to ban me from getting land there.

2 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Area4Area: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I plan to live in Eko Atlantic, I don't want Tinubu's business partner Chaugory to ban me from getting land there.
I'll report your next post if you try to derail, face topic or create another thread and those interested can join you

8 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nigeria transport minister OKs employment practice of Lagos-Ibadan railway project

The minister made the remarks at a public hearing in Abuja on Monday. He noted as well the railway contract agreement, between Nigerian government and China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, was compliant with the local content law, addressing concerns raised by a government committee.

"We have over 150 Nigerians being trained as engineers in China. The Chinese have also built two training institutions for us, one at Idu and the other one is the Transportation University in Daura, Katsina State," he added.

The minister added that most materials for the project are locally sourced, bringing new job opportunities for the country's residents.

Yakubu Adogie, a liaison officer of the Lagos-Ibadan project told Xinhua earlier that the railway is expected to be put into operation this year. It will reduce the travel time between the two cities to less than two hours, easing traffic congestion and promoting economic development. Enditem

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-08/18/c_139299711.htm

1 Like

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
more

1 Like

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Aflix(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
It's not all about building railways, not everybody have access to it. I live in Edo and I don't even know if they exist.
The government should develop sectors whose effects are going to be felt round Nigeria.
Power, dollar price, price of goods, security, permanent job creation e.t.c If Buhari is able to do all these, then we can all agree that he has done something, cos as far as I'm concerned he has nothing.

9 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Aflix:
It's not all about building railways, not everybody have access to it. I live in Edo and I don't even know if they exist.
The government should develop sectors whose effects are going to be felt round Nigeria.
Power, dollar price, price of goods, security, permanent job creation e.t.c If Buhari is able to do all these, then we can all agree that he has done something, cos as far as I'm concerned he has nothing.

You are right, the train system should touch every corner of Nigeria and I believe this is the plan, but we've lost a lot of ground due to decades of neglect, rot, incompetence and corruption, but for the fact that we are able to start and finish a 156km rail line on less than 3 years, we are on the right track, we just have to stay focus, keep putting dedicated and competent leaders in office to keep making the right decisions and keep moving us forward.

I's a long process, but we can do it.

4 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
The $2.3 billion GEJ and Okonjo gave to Dasuki to share with their cronies like FFK, Fayose, Metuh and others was enough to build 2, I mean 2 Lagos Ibadan railway without borrowing 1 kobo from China or anybody.

That money is gone and the Nigerian people gained nothing for hat money.

Food for thought.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
I'm not impressed and will never be
buhari failed entirely

6 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by gurunlocker: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Aside the train project that was started majorly by the last administration, what other things do you have to show as achievement in the last 6 years?

Security, economy, job creation, electricity....

6 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2020

Kajola Rail wagon assembly plant to create 5,000 jobs —Osinbajo

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that the Rail Wagon Assembly Plant construction in Nigeria will generate about 5,000 direct and indirect jobs when completed and boost socio-economic activities.

Osinbajo made this disclosure while performing the Official Ground Breaking Ceremony for the construction of the plant in Kajola, Ogun State on Saturday.

“The plant which is a private investment to be undertaken by Messers CCECC is central in the production of rolling stock, spare parts and maintenance of equipment needed for the railway modernisation programme being implemented by this administration.

“This ceremony is not just another event, it is a historic turning point. For us, the railway is not only an alternative and comfortable mode of travel.

“It holds the master key to transforming commerce in Nigeria and across the continent. By linking our ports to rail lines and now, building the rolling stock locally, import and export business within, into and out of Africa’s largest market will never be the same.

“When completed, it is expected that the plant would produce some parts of the wagons for the Lagos-Ibadan and Abuja-Kaduna rail lines, but also for the central rail lines and to satisfy the needs of other rail operators within the West- African sub-region.

“The plant would offer an important platform for engineers, technicians, artisans and other professionals to gain the specialized skills required for the production and maintenance of rolling stock.

“This will invariably conduce to spin-off businesses in the region of operation and across the country wherever rail networks are in existence.

https://punchng.com/kajola-rail-wagon-assembly-plant-to-create-5000-jobs-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
We can develop and make this country a great nation and we are definitely on the right track..
Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by mollymotion(m): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
Whether Jonathan or Buhari all we want is development, Employment and adequate security period.
Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by punisha: 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
NGpatriot:
The $2.3 billion GEJ and Okonjo gave to Dasuki to share with their cronies like FFK, Fayose, Metuh and others was enough to build 2, I mean 2 Lagos Ibadan railway without borrowing 1 kobo from China or anybody.

That money is gone and the Nigerian people gained nothing for hat money.

Food for thought.

Hehehehe...
So let me get how this works...
U can't talk about your Buhari without trying to drag GEJ but expect people reading this thread to praise your buhari with u for building a railway in about 3 years when other countries do it in far lesser time?

1 Like

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Achuwa1(m): 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
GEJ borrowed $407m or close & gave us %80 completion of most of those rail line projects & stations while your bubu is borrowing billions of $ to finish %20 remaining part of the rail job thereby including our soveirenity as a nation to whatever he signed in the loan agreement with China.

3 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Eriokanmi: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Achuwa1:
GEJ borrowed $407m or close & gave us %80 completion of most of those rail line projects & stations while your bubu is borrowing billions of $ to finish %20 remaining part of the rail job thereby including our soveirenity as a nation to whatever he signed in the loan agreement with China.
Don't mind him. Had gej not given-in to corruption, those projects would have been completed long before now without going to China to borrow more. Gej made a great mistake by encouraging corruption and not dealing with the corrupt elements in his government, those who eventually dragged his name in the mud before running to the apc to take cover

2 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Azmanaty: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Idiots masturbating on project GEJ started and completed to 90%

Show us what the herdsman started and completed, then we will take u serious

2 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
punisha:

Hehehehe...
So let me get how this works...
U can't talk about your Buhari without trying to drag GEJ but expect people reading this thread to praise your buhari with u for building a railway in about 3 years when other countries do it in far lesser time?

If stating know and documented facts is rumbling and killing your soul because GEJ was mentioned or was the person responsible and involved, that's your own personal problem and something you need to come to terms with.

Your low self esteem and insecurities about GEJ and his records doesn't mean Nigerians cannot discuss his records on a discussion forum.

If you are going to display your ignorance and idiocy about how long it too us to construct a 156 railway with 6 stations, bridges, overpasses and tunnels, common sense dictate that you show such examples per the countries that did such in less than 3 years, I know you won't because you spewed that rubbish based on ignorance, hatred, bitterness and the usual bigoted nonsense that you and your kind carry around like a sad burden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by ThatFairGuy: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
God bless PMB and PYO God bless all The Patriots. God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by punisha: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
NGpatriot:

If stating know and documented facts is rumbling and killing your soul because GEJ was mentioned or was the person responsible and involved, that's your own personal problem and something you need to come to terms with.

Your low self esteem and insecurities about GEJ and his records doesn't mean Nigerians cannot discuss his records on a discussion forum.

If you are going to display your ignorance and idiocy about how long it too us to construct a 156 railway with 6 stations, bridges, overpasses and tunnels, common sense dictate that you show such examples per the countries that did such in less than 3 years, I know you won't because you spewed that rubbish based on ignorance, hatred, bitterness and the usual bigoted nonsense that you and your kind carry around like a sad burden.

Looooooooooool.

See painment.
U lots need help.

2 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by ThatFairGuy: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Emyzoloye5:
I'm not impressed and will never be
buhari failed entirely
You can never be, you're very UNREASONABLE

1 Like

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by Firespitter: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
Thread for foolish and shameless 30k zombie miscreants

3 Likes

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
gurunlocker:
Aside the train project that was started majorly by the last administration, what other things do you have to show as achievement in the last 6 years?

Security, economy, job creation, electricity....

Azmanaty:
Idiots masturbating on project GEJ started and completed to 90%

Show is what the herdsman started and completed, then we will take u serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sVFKi6PqfQ

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12170221_osin_jfif_jpeg61d3635f25cdbbc1694522ef90b951e2

Osinbajo arrives for Lagos-Ibadan rail ground breaking ceremony

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has arrived Lagos for ground breaking ceremony of the Lagos – Ibadan Railway Project with extension to Lagos Port Complex at Apapa.

It’s a segment of President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s new Lagos – Kano standard-gauge railway, the Personal Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on New Media has said.

https://punchng.com/photos-breaking-lagos-ibadan-rail-ground-breaking-ceremony/

Illiterate Igbos, so, Jona left office in 2015 and return do groundbreaking and start the project in 2017?

Must you ignorant Igbos pollute the internet with your ignorance, hatred, bitterness and bigotry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then And Now:: President Buhari's Greatest Achievement. PICTURES. by NGpatriot: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Firespitter:
Thread for foolish and shameless 30k zombie miscreants

1 kobi ipob ZOMBIE, I understand your pain and sadness, but we expect more pain and sadness as we keep delivering more rail infrastructures.

They are only exited when their big bele village governors commission kerosene and wheelbarrow.

Losers..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku's Daughter Hauwa Atiku-Uwais Trends On Twitter (PHOTOS) / Lagos No Man's Land? Lagos To Reclaim Their Lands From Igbos And Others / My Life Under Threat Over Queen Elizabeth’s Tweet – Uju Anya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.