Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,247 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive (1165 Views)

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Piyke:
2nd is a borescope/endoscope that works with Android devices

Piyke:
I intend to view carbon buildup in the combustion chamber of my car before and after using a product that claims to remove carbon.

It all started from the 2 posts above. I had acquired the borescope but never got to use it in my car. I decided to use it on my gen before and after using the STP super concentrated injector cleaner. I was surprised by my findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvnoZFYn7e4

Modified:
Title modified as I am now doing a series on the above to test a number of additives in the market.
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
In summary, the product increased deposits in the combustion chamber. angry

After running the generator for an additional 6hrs with just petrol, the deposits were almost cleared smiley
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Raysleek: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
I always run from these products when they are marketed by fuel attendants simply cos the vehicle manufacturers didnt recommend such. A lot of people market nonsense

1 Like

Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
I tested another product: Total Petrol Treatment from oil giant Total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB93iOj83n4
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
I will try another product that has PEA (polyetheramine) and update...
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Midoda: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
I am volunteering my mercedes W203 for a liqui moly valve clean test if you are in lagos.

Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Eldemmi(m): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
Piyke:

bro please if you have a used good scanner to sell like the one u sold few weeks ago..
I am interested.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
Eldemmi:

bro please if you have a used good scanner to sell like the one u sold few weeks ago..
I am interested.
thanks in anticipation.

None available, unfortunately...

1 Like

Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Midoda:
I am volunteering my mercedes W203 for a liqui moly valve clean test if you are in lagos.

Not in Lasgidi o
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Midoda: 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Piyke:

Not in Lasgidi o
Awew
Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by Piyke: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2020
Piyke:

I will use Gumout multi-system tuneup for the next experiment.

Re: Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive by adanny01(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2020
Piyke:

I will use Gumout multi-system tuneup for the next experiment.

Please consider clear lacquer thinner.

It is an excellent degreaser and carbon solvent.

Some Kazeems recommend it and a lot of commercial drivers use it. Even Scotty recommended it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icTmYItwiE

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 010 Transmission Problem / This Car Problem Has No Solution So Far. / Cars Elite Should Pls Explain This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.