Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car (913 Views)

Please Recommend The Best Car / Before & After Combustion Chamber Images following use of fuel additive / Power Steering Repair Additive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by McLizbae: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hi guys, recently (about a month now) my 04 corolla smokes every morning for about 10 minutes after starting the engine. This may stop for about a day or two, then it will come back again. Also, engine oil consumption is now high. I will need to top the oil with at least 0.5 liter after every 80-100km trip.

Sure, my mechanic told me the engine need rings and stuff, and I believe him. However, I don't trust the process, I'd rather replace the engine. But while I still don't have the money for another engine now, I wish to manage the engine till I get the money.

Now I am looking at helpful additives that can help the situation of the engine at this time. I have read about some stop-smake additives. Can you guys recommend any that really works?
Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by okoroemeka(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
McLizbae:
Hi guys, recently (about a month now) my 04 corolla smokes every morning for about 10 minutes after starting the engine. This may stop for about a day or two, then it will come back again. Also, engine oil consumption is now high. I will need to top the oil with at least 0.5 liter after every 80-100km trip.

Sure, my mechanic told me the engine need rings and stuff, and I believe him. However, I don't trust the process, I'd rather replace the engine. But while I still don't have the money for another engine now, I wish to manage the engine till I get the money.

Now I am looking at helpful additives that can help the situation of the engine at this time. I have read about some stop-smake additives. Can you guys recommend any that really works?
I was in a similar situation years back but the car was an Opel Omega,what I did was put two can original oil treatment into the engine and it reduced the smoking by 80% by making the oil more viscous,but I don't think modern cars now with smaller oil passages can take such,but that is your best bet,I drove the car for another 2 years before selling it off.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by McLizbae: 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
okoroemeka:
I was in a similar situation years back but the car was an Opel Omega,what I did was put two can original oil treatment into the engine and it reduced the smoking by 80% by making the oil more viscous,but I don't think modern cars now with smaller oil passages can take such,but that is your best bet,I drove the car for another 2 years before selling it off.

Really appreciate your input. Thanks
Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by mine85(m): 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
McLizbae:

Really appreciate your input. Thanks

What product did you use.. I mean, the oil treatment.
Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by McLizbae: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
mine85:

What product did you use.. I mean, the oil treatment.

I haven't used any yet. I am still looking around for a good one. Please recommend if you know of any good product.
Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by Dozieson(m): 5:59am On Jun 18, 2022
McLizbae:

Don't add anything smoke stopper that may kill your engine bro. It is better you ring the engine with a good mech. It may serve you for another 1 year then you change it

Where is your location?
Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by McLizbae: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2022
Dozieson:

Don't add anything smoke stopper that may kill your engine bro. It is better you ring the engine with a good mech. It may serve you for another 1 year then you change it

Where is your location?

Thanks sir. My location is Akure, Ondo state.
Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by TRYGO(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nothing would ever stop an engine smoking as a result of mechanical issues. It's just a temporary fix(you're masking the main problem: valve seals are the problems).

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend An Additive For My Smoky Car by Dozieson(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
McLizbae:

Thanks sir. My location is Akure, Ondo state.

Listen to trygo above or call him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2008-2010 Honda Accord V6 Needed / Lagos BRT Busses No Longer Turn On Their Air-Conditioners / I Need A 2003 Infiniti FX 45 Gearbox In Abuja. Who Has One Available?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.