Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,229 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri (28844 Views)

Fact Check: Did Obi Request 7 Weeks From Tribunal To Produce Witnesses? / Atiku,PDP Withdraw Suit From Tribunal On Permission To Inspect Election Materia / INEC Reacts To Tribunal Ruling On Diri's Sack,says ANDP Candidate Was Ineligible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by ORBLIGHTS(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
na DEM dem
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
I don't know why I am laughing..... grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Bimpe29: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
Who is kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Artiiclebeast: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Alertz things....
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by emmnprince(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
20 years after we are still at this level of our democracy where INEC are handling elections like primary class captain election. Even that conducted in primary school are more credible than that conducted by the INEC.
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by realstars: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
A P C Lawyers Are A Big Joke To The Nation.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by ekestic1976(f): 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Were they SLEEPING before now?
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

I knew it....
During cross-examination....the National Chairman of the Party was asked to produce the sheet for the Party's Primaries....he didn't have it.

Head-or-tail, its a no-case

You lie.whether they did primaries or not no longer matters.diri will fail

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:
Fergie001 did you know that majority of the judges did not evaluate evidence at their disposal before arriving at their verdict.

Were you with them
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

I have read both judgements and still wondering why Justices Owodunni & Musa had considered this case.
Well, it is to shapen our jurisprudence.....but the Appeal will toss it out.

Can we bet
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

Yes of course.
Also, the affidavit to INEC in support of Inowei’s personal particulars gave her date of birth as 26th November 1984. The implication is that she only attained the age of 35 on 26th November 2019—ten days after the election that was held on 16th November 2019. Therefore, even the woman whose name was sent to substitute an ineligible deputy governorship candidate was also ineligible!”

Pure nonsense
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:
I don't know why I am laughing..... grin grin grin grin

Diri's money at work
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
Birds of a feather flying at different altitudes.
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by vicdom(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
garfield1:

Can we bet
Diri's mandate is a divine one. I wonder why it's difficult for you to accept this. SC will nail this to the coffin by upholding the judgement of the minority judge of the tribunal. Up Diri, down APC.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by dahnimoh(m): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
PLEASE let me quickly feed my baby and listen to the 9o'clock news
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
vicdom:

Diri's mandate is a divine one. I wonder why it's difficult for you to accept this. SC will nail this to the coffin by upholding the judgement of the minority judge of the tribunal. Up Diri, down APC.

He will fail.andp case is watertight
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by vicdom(m): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
garfield1:

He will fail.andp case is watertight
SC has never ruled and ordered for any fresh election in Nigeria. So this judgement will follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
vicdom:

SC has never ruled and ordered for any fresh election in Nigeria. So this judgement will follow suit.

Theres a first time for everything...I have always been right when it comes to bsyelsa from winning to diri losing.listen to me and leave diri
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by ogbuefi677(m): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
emmnprince:
20 years after we are still at this level of our democracy where INEC are handling elections like primary class captain election. Even that conducted in primary school are more credible than that conducted by the INEC.
Don't always blame INEC.
Did INEC force the party to field an underage candidate with multiple dates of birth?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Don't always blame INEC.
Did INEC force the party to field an underage candidate with multiple dates of birth?

Inec is at fault.they have no powers to disqualify or exclude any candidate except by a court order.only the judiciary has that power

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
garfield1:

Inec is at fault.they have no powers to disqualify or exclude any candidate except by a court order.only the judiciary has that power
Stop deceiving people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by FunkyAlhaji2015: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

I knew it....
During cross-examination....the National Chairman of the Party was asked to produce the sheet for the Party's Primaries....he didn't have it.

Head-or-tail, its a no-case

You are so ignorant. If ANDP did not organise a primary election, how were they able to get the candidates they submitted to INEC? A party can not submit names of candidates for an election unless INEC witness its primaries.
INEC never denied that there was no primaries, the only claimed the deputy governorship candidate was underaged

This man here is only dancing cause he has bn given food. His statement will not be admitted in court

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by OpinionCounts(m): 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
He also stated that the purported candidate of the ANDP is unknown to the party “as he is not a card-carrying member”, challenging him to produce his membership card “if he maintains this charade. grin grin grin grin grin

Naija politicians wicked I swear grin grin grin grin ...dem don ostracize the guy sharp sharp grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

Stop deceiving people

Continue the deceit and propaganda.for every attack pdp and inec initiates,andp has a stringer counter attack
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by MsAllison(f): 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
ahhh this one go pain NgeneUkwenu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Lamasta(m): 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
Power of money change hands grin
Was listening to TVC News today where the ANDP secretary was explaining the party stand on the last Bayelsa election I was just laughing in my mind that all this one don collect their share from Governor Duoye Diri

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:

You are so ignorant. If ANDP did not organise a primary election, how were they able to get the candidates they submitted to INEC? A party can not submit names of candidates for an election unless INEC witness its primaries.
INEC never denied that there was no primaries, the only claimed the deputy governorship candidate was underaged

This man here is only dancing cause he has bn given food. His statement will not be admitted in court

Thank you for this.a big gbam to you.he knows diri will certainly lose hence he is hanging on to issues that are totally irrelevant to the case.inec at no point ever questioned the primaries of andp,their issue was just the underage candidacy which they have no power to act on except by a court order.

Even a child knows that pdp has bribed the state chapter of andp but unfortunately electoral issues are handled by the national chapter not state chapter and the national chairman is championing the case.
Even if the party never conducted primaries,it is too late to bring that up as it is statute barred.the issues before the court are?
1) does inec have the power to exclude any Party that breaches constitutional provisions?
2) is the case statute barred? Did andp file within 21 days or not?
3) is the matter a pre election matter or not

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by garfield1: 11:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lamasta:
Power of money change hands grin
Was listening to TVC News today where the ANDP secretary was explaining the party stand on the last Bayelsa election I was just laughing in my mind that all this one don collect their share from Governor Duoye Diri

You sabi my brother

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Lamasta(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
garfield1:

You sabi my brother
My brother na the game be that o
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Lamasta(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
OpinionCounts:
He also stated that the purported candidate of the ANDP is unknown to the party “as he is not a card-carrying member”, challenging him to produce his membership card “if he maintains this charade. grin grin grin grin grin

Naija politicians wicked I swear grin grin grin grin ...dem don ostracize the guy sharp sharp grin grin grin

You can't succeed as a politician in Nigeria if You are not smart grin

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
garfield1:

Thank you for this.a big gbam to you.he knows diri will certainly lose hence he is hanging on to issues that are totally irrelevant to the case.inec at no point ever questioned the primaries of andp,their issue was just the underage candidacy which they have no power to act on except by a court order.

Even a child knows that pdp has bribed the state chapter of andp but unfortunately electoral issues are handled by the national chapter not state chapter and the national chairman is championing the case.
Even if the party never conducted primaries,it is too late to bring that up as it is statute barred.the issues before the court are?
1) does inec have the power to exclude any Party that breaches constitutional provisions?
2) is the case statute barred? Did andp file within 21 days or not?
3) is the matter a pre election matter or not
under section 285(9) of the 1999 Constitution, as amended, the party, ought to have within 14 days after it got the notification from INEC, gone to a Federal High Court to challenge it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Playing Devil's Advocate, Wants Igbos To Hate You- HURIWA Warns Buhari / Lai Mohammed Meets With Tiwa Savage, DonJazzy, MI, KSA And Others / Little Girl Hugs Yemi Osinbajo, The VP (Caption Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.