Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,610 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence (1021 Views)

Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? / Share Your Experience Between Age 25 - 35. / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 1:55am On Aug 21, 2020
the original post was:

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by CuteVally

https://www.nairaland.com/6066900/age-25-1-million-naira/

oboy, bodi dey scrash u?

how much was d dollar equivalent of ur money in January?

how much was it in June?

how much will it be in December?

convert ur funds to dollars.
research mutual funds or a fixed deposit account- all interest payments added to d principal.
by October, ur money might have doubled (forex for schools abroad).
avoid shares, forex, crypto- unless ur a professional in the field.

if u want to invest in Nigeria, STRICT retail of FMCG is ur best bet-
make sure u hire competent staff, pay well & ensure monitoring.

good luck,
God bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by Maneq: 9:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Go and post your reply on his thread and stop putting burden on Seun's servers with unnecessary threads.

5 Likes

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Maneq:
Go and post your reply on his thread and stop putting burden on Seun's servers with unnecessary threads.
chairman of "Association Of Seun's Advocacy Group", I hail.
do u know wot Financial Intelligence is?
do u have it?
do u think most of those on d thread have it?
do u believe they and others would benefit from it?

if u answered yes to one of d above, then my job is done. cool
but keep up d advocacy, I'm sure seun appreciates wink

1 Like

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by mariahAngel(f): 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
DZTech:
the original post was:

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by CuteVally

oboy, bodi dey scrash u?

how much was it in June?

research mutual funds or a fixed deposit account- all interest payments added to d principal.

good luck,
God bless

What are your suggestions of FMCG?

Nice thread by the way. Short and precise.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by GboyegaD(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
DZTech:
the original post was:

oboy, bodi dey scrash u?

how much was it in June?

good luck,
God bless

No vex, you sef, body dey catch you. So you feel the naira will depreciate by almost 100% before the end of the year, right? Even at that, it doesn't implies his dollar would have doubled. But I get the need to protect the value of his worth which is highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by mariahAngel(f): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

No vex, you sef, body dey catch you. So you feel the naira will depreciate by almost 100% before the end of the year, right? Even at that, it doesn't implies his dollar would have doubled. But I get the need to protect the value of his worth which is highly appreciated

Sadly, there are people happily cashing out from the free fall of our economy.... sad
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

What are your suggestions of FMCG?

Nice thread by the way. Short and precise.
depends on ur area.
d 3 key ingredients r high (foot) traffic, low comparative pricing & high turnover.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

d naira amount.
clear?
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

Sadly, there are people happily cashing out from the free fall of our economy.... sad
there's always opportunity in adversity.
shine ur eye
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by Munzy14(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

cheesy Before nko...

Whenever situations are not balancing, some folks are packing huge cash on hourly bases.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by Munzy14(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
DZTech:
depends on ur area.
d 3 key ingredients r high (foot) traffic, low comparative pricing & high turnover.
3 wonderful ingredients to navigate this aspect... Weldone!
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by mariahAngel(f): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
Munzy14:

cheesy Before nko...

Whenever situations are not balancing, some folks are packing huge cash on hourly bases.

You're among okwaya?
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by Munzy14(m): 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

You're among okwaya?
Who enjoys waving at train station, while the train is on the move.. cheesy
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by mariahAngel(f): 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Munzy14:

Who enjoys waving at train station, while the train is on the move.. cheesy

I'm mad at and scared for this country at the same time.
What is going on?
I was discussing it with someone today, saying how come people like Okonjo-Iweala is watching while this country crumbles?
Is there nothing they can do to save what's left of the dignity of our economy?
Do they not have passion for this country? This is not about Buhari's failure anymore, it's our collective failure. I'm ashamed.
For those that can but choose not to do, posterity will judge.

1 Like

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by GboyegaD(m): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
DZTech:
d naira amount.
clear?

What is the relevance of doubling the naira when its been eroded by inflation induced by the exchange rate since we rely heavily on import?

2 Likes

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by GboyegaD(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

Which is the pain. People that have connections buy at official rate sell at black market and continue with the cycle. The earlier the CBN takes its hand of Exchange Rate and allow the market to determine the price, the better.

1 Like

Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by Munzy14(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

What is going on?
I was discussing it with someone today, saying how come people like Okonjo-Iweala is watching while this country crumbles?
Do they not have passion for this country? This is not about Buhari's failure anymore, it's our collective failure. I'm ashamed.
My dear, the country is in a state of mess.. People at the corridors of power see it as opportunity to savour the cake... Nobody is willing to care for those that needs the care..

incompetent people seized power, u wouldn't expect much than what is happening.

Just like what happened in IMO, where a seasoned administrator Ihedioha came on board within months, Imo economy rejuvenated... Until that power was siezed, and it returned to shambles... with lamentations and wailing, while people die of lack of basic needs.

Now, if you have a 9am to 5pm job, start saving to invest.

If you are to invest, consider three basic needs if man... food, clothing and shelter.

tech is our new world baby, but the three is basic.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by tosinhtml: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
DZTech:
the original post was:

good luck,
God bless

When you say mutual funds or fixed deposit, are you referring to Naira Accounts?
Currently mutual funds in Naira interest rates is 4%. Fixed deposit rates also has dropped.

1M is around $2,000 with $1/470 rate. So are you saying by October, dollar would have become $1 / 1,000 Naira?

I am asking just for clarification, I come in peace.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

What is going on?
posterity hardly cares
from slave owners, to colonial masters, to sweat shop owners/sex & drug trafficking/arms dealers-
posterity actually smiles on them.
Nigeria's problems r cosd by our complacency.
all of us.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

What is the relevance of doubling the naira when its been eroded by inflation induced by the exchange rate since we rely heavily on import?
emm…
I'm confused. undecided
u want him to leave d money as it is?
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by GboyegaD(m): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
DZTech:
emm…
I'm confused. undecided
u want him to leave d money as it is?

I support him saving it in dollars to preserve the with however, he shouldn't bank to much on so much interest.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

Which is the pain. People that have connections buy at official rate sell at black market and continue with the cycle. The earlier the CBN takes its hand of Exchange Rate and allow the market to determine the price, the better.
u have more chance of Jesus becoming President of Nigeria, than CBN stopping round tripping.
smh
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by promotervickky(m): 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
How long did it take you to get the money? If it took a long time, invest in a business that will give you the money back speedily and Repeatedly!
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
Munzy14:

My dear, the country is in a state of mess.. People at the corridors of power see it as opportunity to savour the cake... Nobody is willing to care for those that needs the care..

incompetent people seized power, u wouldn't expect much than what is happening.

Just like what happened in IMO, where a seasoned administrator Ihedioha came on board within months, Imo economy rejuvenated... Until that power was siezed, and it returned to shambles... with lamentations and wailing, while people die of lack of basic needs.

Now, if you have a 9am to 5pm job, start saving to invest.

If you are to invest, consider three basic needs if man... food, clothing and shelter.

tech is our new world baby, but the three is basic.
one trailer of orijin 4 u! grin
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
tosinhtml:

When you say mutual funds or fixed deposit, are you referring to Naira Accounts?
Currently mutual funds in Naira interest rates is 4%. Fixed deposit rates also has dropped.

"convert ur funds to dollars.
then-
research mutual funds or a fixed deposit account"
hope dt helps?

1M is around $2,000 with $1/470 rate. So are you saying by October, dollar would have become $1 / 1,000 Naira?

I am asking just for clarification, I come in peace.
his money would earn interest in dollars, even as naira depreciates further.
so, if warnings of a recession r true, there'll b increased demand for dollars by sept/oct for school fees, which he can sell at peak price; then buy dollars again after Christmas.
or just go into gift card sales- buy cheap, sell dear! cheesy
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

I support him saving it in dollars to preserve the with however, he shouldn't bank to much on so much interest.
depends on wot he does wit it.
I only mentioned safe & sure ventures.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by promotervickky(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
I just researched the current naira & dollar exchange rate, I found this, 385.2165 to $1?

Where is the 470 coming from?
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
promotervickky:
How long did it take you to get the money? If it took a long time, invest in a business that will give you the money back speedily and Repeatedly!
hence-
d 3 key ingredients of high (foot) traffic, low comparative pricing & high turnover.
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
promotervickky:
I just researched the current naira & dollar exchange rate, I found this, 385.2165 to $1?

Where is the 470 coming from?
black market na angry
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by DZTech: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
mods, e b lyk sey na biz section dis topic supoz dey o.
any tots?
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by mariahAngel(f): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
promotervickky:

These kinds of investments are usually very risky. Like ponzi schemes...
Re: Re- Age 25 With 1 Million Naira: Get Financial Intelligence by promotervickky(m): 12:23am On Aug 22, 2020
mariahAngel:

These kinds of investments are usually very risky. Like ponzi schemes...

Didn't say that!

(1) (2) (Reply)

SORTED: GOD CAME THROUGH / My Kids Birthday Wishlist Guys!!!! / Man With The World Record "Longest Names", Here Are His Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.