Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? (512 Views)

Something Is Eating My Daughters Hair: Photo / Help:dark Itchy Spots Multiplying On My Daughters Leg! / Genital Herpes: Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Mutaultope(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
My first daughter is 5 years old and my second daughter is 2 years old .

Ever since they were born , there has been a tussle between myself and my parents ( mother especially) to allow my daughters go for Female Genital Mutilation due to the reason that females that don't do it tend to be promiscuous in life .

But I have always stood my ground that not doing such for them doesn't mean they would be promiscuous.

I have always told my mum that doing such is risky and unhealthy and my researches have shown that most females who undergo such procedure tends to loose interest in sex later in life which later creates marital problems in the future .

I don't want promicuosity and I don't want marital problems for my daughters .

Should I allow them to do it or stand my ground still ??
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by techmo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
undecided

Please don't...

God never made a mistake giving women clitoris

Sexually unsatisfied females, mostly turn out cold brutal feminist, uncaring and unloving wives and nagging wives

We can't change some past customs and culture that lead Africa to where it is, but we can change our future

If need be invite your mum , sisters and relatives to a gynecologists or a clinical psychologist to discuss about potential physical and psychological dangers of female circumcision

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by thorpido(m): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Mutaultope:

Ever since they were born , there has been a tussle between myself and my parents ( mother especially) to allow my daughters go for Female Genital Mutilation due to the reason that females that don't do it tend to be promiscuous in life .

But I have always stood my ground that not doing such for them doesn't mean they would be promiscuous.

I have always told my mum that doing such is risky and unhealthy and my researches have shown that most females who undergo such procedure tends to loose interest in sex later in life which later creates marital problems in the future .

Stand your ground as you have always done.

Teach them good morals from a young age,teach sex education when they are of age, responsibility and the way of God.

People advocating for female genital mutilation need cure from mental mutilation (no offense).

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Vyzz: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
Stand your ground and protect your kids by all means....

Make them know that u are ready to invite the police or go to court... Be hard and harsh....

So the wouldn't do it at your back

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Oxb90: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
If you try it eh, I will personally locate you wherever you live, and sorry if I meet you for house. What do you mean.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Ethanuella: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please don't try it. Continue standing on your ground.

Forget it! All of those are really just mere myths and doesn't mean your children will be promiscuous.

CONTINUE KEEPING YOUR GIRLS SAFE!

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Goldenfinger: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
undecided

Please don't...

God never made a mistake giving women clitoris

Sexually unsatisfied females, mostly turn out cold brutal feminist, uncaring and unloving wives and nagging wives

We can't change some past customs and culture that lead Africa to where it is, but we can change our future

If need be invite your mum , sisters and relatives to a gynecologists or a clinical psychologist to discuss about potential physical and psychological dangers of female circumcision

.u deserved 2 bottles of very cold beer with pepper garnished snail and some spicy goat pepper soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by bigl: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Mutaultope:

It gets worse when they are circumcised. They will be over promiscuous.

They will be searching for that satisfaction every where.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by mariahAngel(f): 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
Mutaultope:

Protect your daughters from your mum with all your might!
Don't ever allow her to mutilate them. That is human cruelty!
If she wants to, she can stop talking to you but don't give her that satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Arubam: 6:33am On Aug 22, 2020
Pikin wey wan spoil go spoil.

e get why God give u sense, do well to make good use of it.

Shun archaic ppl, they're worst than covid-19.
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by SmileDance(f): 7:29am On Aug 22, 2020
Let your parents understand that female gender mutilation is a form of child abuse. Stand your ground and let them know you won't even entertain the discussion and if possible involve law enforcement.

I personally will scream at anybody who suggests such for my children, I will report him or her to the police I will not let them come near my young children again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by revived: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2020
in a nutshell, please do not

odikwa risky
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by gassbee: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2020
For u to bring this discussion here, it means u dont v d final say in ur children's health n u cud stil be persuaded. This type of topics is NON DEBATEFUL. FGM is an outright NO
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Mutaultope(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2020
gassbee:
For u to bring this discussion here, it means u dont v d final say in ur children's health n u cud stil be persuaded. This type of topics is NON DEBATEFUL. FGM is an outright NO

Don't judge the book by it cover ....... bringing it here doesn't summarize who I am ..

only wanted to hear the opinions of others and some people on nairaland might in that same dilemma .
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by LEBEfirstson: 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
Just a question for the op please. A very simple yes or no question

Q: DID THEY CUT YOUR CLITORIS? IF YES, IS IT AFFECTING YOUR MARRIAGE?
IF NO, DOES IT MAKE YOU A WAYWARD WOMAN?
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by johnkey: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2020
Mehn what kind of weak men do we have these days? imagine my parents walking up to me to tell me that my 'own' child should be circumcised as a female to the extent of arguing about it, na see finish be that. I'm sure they also chose your wife for you. A man that can't make decisions on his own damn
Re: Should I Allow My Daughters Go For Female Genital Mutilation ? by Mutaultope(m): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
johnkey:
Mehn what kind of weak men do we have these days? imagine my parents walking up to me to tell me that my 'own' child should be circumcised as a female to the extent of arguing about it, na see finish be that. I'm sure they also chose your wife for you. A man that can't make decisions on his own damn

oga jack chan ...... e gbe agbara le ... seeking opinions doesn't make me a weak man ..... I deliberately posted it so that people all around will learn more and better .

(1) (Reply)

Please Can This Be Cured / How To Sell Health Equipments Fast Online / I Feel Pain Anytime I Defecate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.