Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,909 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? (38196 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Endowed Lady Causes Stirs With Her Backside At A Wedding Reception. / Guests Dance To "One Corner" At A Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Kendroid: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
500K for wedding?
My brother wise up especially if you're not rich and comfortable!
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
You are confused bro, 500k is too much self, budget 100k for your wedding and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by melaninpop: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
It's simple. Do traditional by 7am in the morning, go to church by 10am. After church service, serve food in the church. Wedding don finish oo. Carry your wife go house. Chikena.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by christopher123(m): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed
500k is too much

get a cheap hall or you can opt for open space. you can get a primary school or secondary school or even meet a school proprietor rent the hall ...max 100k

rent a wedding gown...max 30k
buy a suit with your best man max 50k (for the two )
Go to church maybe spend 20k for wedding registry

decoration max 40k (minimalist )
budget about 100 people
bag of rice 30k
cooking 20k
one soup 30k
eba 20k

beer and minerals (buy can) max 60k
wines and water max 30k

less than 500k

this one seff too much ...you can knock off many things
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by joyandfaith: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed

it is too much self for food and drinks
food and drinks-#600 × 200=120,000
hall and decoration = 100k depending on location
cake=25k
Clothes=75k
Photographer, videographer= 35k
DJ=#25k
Unclassified =70k
Total= 450k
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Horlarosebikan(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Okay where can I get rings??
if you're in Lagos go to trade faire, ask for GL you will see ring there but not original gold, God will bless your union
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by MotiveU(f): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Oga do as your power reach.
What u need most is both parents blessing.
Anything other than that is just extra.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by captianfreeman(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
It depends on the numbers of wives you want to marry.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Beng1234: 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
CharmingJob:
500k is much self.

Go to Island or send someone.

Bride's outfit plus shoes 20k
Your own outfit plus shoe 15k
DJ 5k
MC you suppose get friend wey fit help you na or highest 5k
Rings 10k
Cake 11k
Photography 15k
Chairs and all 15k
Foods 50k

You will still have plenty change left.

Kukuma say make he bring him home theatre from house.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by stanliwise(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
GboyegaD:
It should be. Just manage the guest properly and use maybe her parent's house for everything.
For wedding hall or the food or the event planner?
Anyway there is always a cheaper alternative
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by EM123: 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
My brother as a nigeria man that i am , i think traditional marriage is ok , instead of spending too much money for wedding . Don't forget that u will pay house rent after wedding.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by peeps4u: 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
If you're concerned about the bolded, 500k isnt enough because a high class wedding must have reception and 500k might not even be enough for reception expenses.

Plan your wedding according to your financial capability or as you so desire, not all low weddings are due to lack of money.

Good luck.

Godson213:

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Chachangi: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Okay where can I get rings??

If you’re in Lagos, you can get ring at Lagos Island for 1k-2k.

When the Lord blesses you later, you may wish to buy a more expensive one.

Also, have it at the back your mind that WEDDING is the joining of both you with your parents consent. Once this is done, every other thing na FEFERITY� and is not compulsory. So, be wise. Cut your clothe according to your cloth.

Also, remember that if you feed the whole city people will still complain, so do your best and leave the rest.

God bless

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by okeke017(m): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
It depends the number of people you are inviting to wedding
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
That's helpful.. Her family won't depend on your finance to make some arrangements, so as to lift the burden off your shoulder. It's mostly like that in Yoruba land, and that's the beauty of the culture.

So, 500k budget would only focus on your relatives and peers to your satisfaction.. No worries brother.

Congrats in advance!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Tmaritas76(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I was about to conclude by telling you yes
That the money will be enough

Untill i read the part of your story that states
She is yoruba
Lo! Only ashoke will gulp all the money sef
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by airminem(f): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
You had lockdown period as an oppurtunity that you would have spent lesser. Well cut your cloth according to how it fits you. 500k is good for me.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by na2016: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:
G

Marry within your reach. After the wedding, na you and the lady go suffer alone. Infact the lady can even abandon you after marriage if you are not doing well. I wish I knew these before now, if she is insisting on a big marriage, guy dump her
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Ngozioma(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
இ ۣڰڿ - ۣڰ—...இ ۣڰڿ - —ۣڰ
.♥...║║║║╔╗╔╗♥
...♥.╠╣║║║╗╚╗. ....❤
♥....║║╚╝╚╝╚╝.♥

grin grin grin so you wanna make use of the covid-19 loan given to you by fg to do your wedding" okwa ya

Love Amaka wink

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by blackmantis: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
In this COVID?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Karmatyra(f): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
.....well,in my tribe highest bride price is around 16k so i guess it depends on who and where you may be marrying.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
yes it will... .... ...and it can as well be able to take you out off this robbed nation for a better life in Tokyo.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by seunayantokun(m): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Even N100k or less can do it for you without cutting the picture of a pauper. It all depends on who you are and what you want. Remember, N100 million is shikini money for some people, and if you imitate them or embark on a stupid 'I-want-to-make-a-point' journey, 'o te tan, mo so fun e' (it's gonna be a complete self-defeat, I tell you).

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Mandela27: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
sawdi:
You fckup
How pls?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Aksnoopy: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bro it will be enough. But why you choose Yoruba girl my brother?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Xscape1993(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Thank God you even have 500k bro
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by unclemaths(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
In this pandemic period, N500k is sufficient for a moderate wedding.

Husband/Wife's dresses
21 days settlement at Local Govt.
Photographs and Cake
Menu for few families and friends.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Nikeruka(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Olunmercy56:
As for me, it's even too much
I like ladies like you
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by GodblessNig247(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
Olunmercy56:
As for me, it's even too much
Hmmmm
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Guyman02: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
Guy hurry up and do your wedding before Corona virus end, tell your friends that do to social distancing protocol only 20 guests can be accommodated during the Church or Mosque service. Give them a link on Zoom to follow and watch from anywhere. I have seen many friends and colleagues do it like this including those who have us IV cards and lockdown caught up with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

These Wedding Pictures Got People Talking / Kenyan Man Who Spent N1.7M On His Son's Birthday Begs For Financial Assistance / Camp Gas Cylinders Shared At An Event (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.