Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? (38260 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Endowed Lady Causes Stirs With Her Backside At A Wedding Reception. / Guests Dance To "One Corner" At A Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Skyehigher1: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
My friend don't kill your self for one day event if you can use 350k for your event after wedding you and your wife can use remaining 150k to survive your life awon abani jeun inawo ko Loma bae feed iyawo e ooooooo, , live after wedding is very important , oga hungry after wedding may make you lose your matrimonial home because woman no like complain of good living after wedding they will change their tune now God help you with your inlaw family for not making you stressed your self about loudable event why are you stressed your self think wisely about your future not a day event called wedding life after wedding is the most important

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by NECO1998: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
More than enough!
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Pattie4u: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
divineappo:
hmm, interesting

Reply with ur contact, need to give someone

checkofure@gmail.com
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by adonainana: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nigerians like to complicate things,

If i was in your shoes ooo cos there is no format the getting married,

Legally its you signing your marriage contract in accordance with the law

If i were you, i will do a church wedding at 9 am on a Friday morning, and a court registry appearance at 12pm

From there everyone will be going to his or her mama house.

For the church wedding, i will rent or buy a suit maximum 23k and a wedding dress for the spouse, 25k, and little decoration at the church and extra expenses 20k, Car hire transport to the church for the day 10k and Photographer 15k

Any of my friends who have an Iphone X or above can recomend themselves to take pictures for me, the camera mad pass any photographer but i will still get one

Maximum 100k budget for the church wedding, and soft drinks after

If they ask why is there no food, tell them a prophet told them on thier wedding day, they must not cook any hot food if not thier marriage will be hot forever grin grin grin Even the pastor can do a sermon on that prophecy and vision self.

Maximum 100k

Invest the remaining 400k in any business you find

In this life always cut your clothe according to your size. Cos i wont lie to you, 10 million naira is not enough for a wedding

Even 20 million is not, everyone size and clothe different in this life.

I saw a couple spend 30 million naira on thier wedding last year, and just a year after they dont have a car or any business that gives them or makes them money, they still work 9-5

Both parents were rich so they both planned the wedding for them. surely its not the parents who will be feeding them for life right

Now they have a child here in the UK, which school would the poor boy attend surely not a private school, but one of the low level schools here in the UK.

They lived for the image and now its us strangers who are picking thier lives apart for them.

So please learn even if your is not 30 million naira, What you have is what you have, dont waste it, its just for a day
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Bossman25(m): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
Seriously....woow!
Where is Sussy Sweety my lover....she dey talk say without 2Million no wedding..

Busayobanks:
person dey ask if 500k would be enough. when we just planned ours which is 370k. God na 370k we dey ask for pere.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Major77: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bro 500k is even too much even 200k go reach wedding depending how u want it dont panic ur good to go make some ajustment.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by teejet: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
We are in Pandemic.

We have COVID-19 Weddings now.

N500K is more than enough for a COVID-19 Wedding.

Just the couple, parents and officiating minister.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed

The World you are trying to impress don't like your that much. use your head bro
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by cooltola(m): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
No, except you only want a court wedding with you and a very small number family and friend.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Superboy075(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed
The best time to do your wedding is this period. Even with 300k, u can have a wonderful wedding and have enough money for other important things except you want to show off. Also, we are getting close to December, price of things would continue to increase.
You don't need a hall. The most important thing is going to d registry.
After d registry, everyone should go home with a small package which includes takeaway, drink and gift. All these shouldn't cost more than 2k per person. 20-30 guests is enough for d wedding, relatives already included. You can hire a big bus to make it more convenient.
U might be wondering what u will use d remaining for?
Use that for the rings, clothing and other small bills( settling of pastor and some labours ).
After d pandemic, u can go for a outing with ur wife or throw a small get together any other.
If someone ask u why u didn't invite them, tell them d wedding date was during d Corona virus and only relatives were present because of the limit the government gave. U can get their own gifts if u like.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Briells: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
It is more than enough. Wheres your location?

Godson213:

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Ayoade19993(m): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
well it's wedding not marriage��
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by hardeykholarkay(m): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
GboyegaD:
It should be. Just manage the guest properly and use maybe her parent's house for everything.
Your akara no go cold... My plan too
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by ggood: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

is it only white wedding or with traditional marriage ?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Neddyogu(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Let me be frank with you. 500k will do for a "cut-and-join" wedding but if u plan to invite or u know many people that would grace ur occasion, or u plan on using good attires and rings, a good DJ and mc, a spacious hall, and most importantly, a good quality photography and video coverage and decor, then 500k would not be enough. Mine was done yesterday and I know what I'm talking about. Except creating memories is not important to you and ur wife. The Joy of the whole thing is to be able to look back 10 years from now and still relive the memories. Good luck with your wedding bro.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by tunize(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Olunmercy56:
As for me, it's even too much
Really low budget wedding not naming ceremony
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Paramount01(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
Olunmercy56:
U are which tribe?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Badgers14: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
Pete4:
500k...just go with what you have ...but u if want a grand wedding u can settle for 5M

5M for a wedding?

Hmm, you could buy a plot and build 4 bedroom bungalow for that price grin

Well i always advise people to cut your coat according to size.. some wedding do cost 5M or more alright for folks that can swing it easy..

As for OP, it is possible to do a wedding for 500k.

Just wedding and small reception.

No need to invite all the village people, just the 2 families and few friends.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Paramount01(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
vickydevoka:
I no believe say 250k go do weeding may until my guy do am

Na which tribe?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by tunize(m): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
CharmingJob:
500k is much self.

Go to Island or send someone.

Bride's outfit plus shoes 20k
Your own outfit plus shoe 15k
DJ 5k
MC you suppose get friend wey fit help you na or highest 5k
Rings 10k
Cake 11k
Photography 15k
Chairs and all 15k
Foods 50k

You will still have plenty change left.
Dj 5k i'm shocked like buhari. Abi na phone dem wan connect join the speaker?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by winkmart: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
I no fit spend this much on wedding... I'm a business person
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by oyetunjibaba: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
micronut:
Yoruba will say bi owo eku ba se mo n fi n boju " Na as rat hand small, na like that e dey take rub hin face". Work with what you have bro.

Your in-law have even made things easy for you.

200k will feed 400 people at N500 per meal. Cook rice like N250 worth. Drink of N100. Pure water of N50. Meat worth N100.

Spread 50k on your wedding attire - Get nice native & Affordable dresses. Like two styles.

Hold 50k for emergencies.

Get a hall or field for canopy, MC & DJ with the remaining 200k...

You can take pictures with phones and store in memory card and get them printed later.

Don't kill yourself with debts oo.

Meanwhile, guys check the 3D Wallclock for your home in my signature. Nice and beautiful for your sitting room, bed room and study room.
grin
micronut:
Yoruba will say bi owo eku ba se mo n fi n boju " Na as rat hand small, na like that e dey take rub hin face". Work with what you have bro.

Your in-law have even made things easy for you.

200k will feed 400 people at N500 per meal. Cook rice like N250 worth. Drink of N100. Pure water of N50. Meat worth N100.

Spread 50k on your wedding attire - Get nice native & Affordable dresses. Like two styles.

Hold 50k for emergencies.

Get a hall or field for canopy, MC & DJ with the remaining 200k...

You can take pictures with phones and store in memory card and get them printed later.

Don't kill yourself with debts oo.

Meanwhile, guys check the 3D Wallclock for your home in my signature. Nice and beautiful for your sitting room, bed room and study room.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by texazzpete(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Kai. You no try at all.

You should have gotten married a few months ago when everyone was fully involved in the lockdown. That way, the wedding would have had max 20 people and no need for big hall.

The more you wait, the more lockdowns get eased and the more pricey the wedding will be.

But wait o. If you say your babe is on your neck and her business is going fine, she should be able to contribute something to the wedding expenses too.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Funkybabee(f): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
I can plan for you with that amount, just dm me with little fees for your list
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by texazzpete(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Neddyogu:
Let me be frank with you. 500k will do for a "cut-and-join" wedding but if u plan to invite or u know many people that would grace ur occasion, or u plan on using good attires and rings, a good DJ and mc, a spacious hall, and most importantly, a good quality photography and video coverage and decor, then 500k would not be enough. Mine was done yesterday and I know what I'm talking about. Except creating memories is not important to you and ur wife. The Joy of the whole thing is to be able to look back 10 years from now and still relive the memories. Good luck with your wedding bro.

You can create memories without a grand wedding. Do it in a great location, with only a few witnesses from family and friends.

No point in burning tons of cash just so you can watch yourself dancing ‘gbe body e’ 10 years later.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by pacespot(m): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Some people plan their wedding with lesser amount, there are too many distractions in Nigerian weddings that you can let go off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Pedrocross4568(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
Olunmercy56:

Wow. Coming from a girl. I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
stanliwise:
For wedding hall or the food or the event planner?
Anyway there is always a cheaper alternative

The guest one wants to please will not come to one's rescue. If well planned, #1200 will feed each person and 100 guest is #120000. The dresses and other stuffs shouldn't cost too much and same for the court expense.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by bejeria101(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
Yes don't kill yourself to please anybody
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by nakosm4me(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Okay where can I get rings??

Check jumia.....U will see some nice rings of even 10 per set

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Who Spent N1.7M On His Son's Birthday Begs For Financial Assistance / Camp Gas Cylinders Shared At An Event (Video) / Money Rain At Elvis Madu's Child Dedication Party In Owerri, Imo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.