Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? (38287 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Endowed Lady Causes Stirs With Her Backside At A Wedding Reception. / Guests Dance To "One Corner" At A Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Larrygr8t: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
5000,000,000 will do
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by cheftea: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
2million ahhhh kilode na fight. It’s too much ohhhh
Sirmwill:
Well
To be honest
You will need at least 2M for a "so that it doesn't look poor or a low class wedding"

Except you won't be including the wedding reception
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Abyima(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Okay where can I get rings??
Have you gotten the rings??
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by excel101(m): 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
Things to buy cost of items required and costs of services rendered :

1. Your wedding suit and inner shirt- 18k
2. Bride's wedding gown-20k
3. Wedding rings 15k
4. Bridal crown and your bowtie- 5k
5. Pair of shoes for both of you-20k
6. well packaged takeaway drinks and food
after the wedding service in church- 100k
7. Lodgings to relax with your wife- 20k
8. Photographer+makeup+video coverage- 80k
9. miscellaneous- 50k
Total is 328k or approximately 350k.
You have to skip reception, by thanking all that attended your wedding, and wish them safe trip back to their respective destination. while you get into the car and zoom off with your wife. Long throat naim most time make us dey organize reception cos we thought we can recover part of the money spent in our wedding thru spraying, this is why most couple Start having spiritual issues after wedlock, thru gifts and monies sprayed on them.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Sniper101(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
LMAO

I gotta say that am shocked that people are saying 500k is enough to run a wedding

And some females on here are actually saying it's too much?

ROTFL

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Ochayi567: 4:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Hahaha, bro, lets not lie to you, 500k will not be enough o, atleast 700k.

wedding comes off with so much expenses.
but still, you can still do a very low key wedding tho. few friends and all.

Goodluck tho
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Ghengiskhan(m): 6:12am On Aug 24, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed
Under normal circumstance, your girl's family should be responsible for all the entertainment but for a low key wedding 500k is ok. That will cover your cloth, food, drinks, chair, few tables and tent, you can use your in-laws house as venue of reception
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Tremple8v: 6:27am On Aug 24, 2020
Bro no try am , things don cost for market this days , I wont lie you . Its better you do ordinary intro and enter registry coded and come outside . God bless us all .

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Crystademus: 6:40am On Aug 24, 2020
Mandela27:
Damn!men still don't wanna wake up.

That money would have helped you in a long way but instead you want to wed one Nigerian babe that will still ride her ex or one random dude later,then you will come back here and create another thread of infidelity.

Why not make her your baby mama instead and use the money for relevant stuffs as you're still a struggling niggar
Everyone will not be like you. This is the type of advice you'll give your children.I know you'll be happy if your daughter is made a baby mama. Destiny destroyer identified.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by sharena(m): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2020
It is easy to say now until u Don enter the plan proper, when I wanted to do my wedding I was budgeting 800k but alas when we calculated everything e come dey enter 2m, only suit and wedding gown with traditional marriage attire, come talk of food and drinks, people are saying cut ur coat according to ur size as if the items these days are cutting down in price to suit one's pocket, u go to the market and things are on the high side, sometimes u go to the market with a certain amount of money for an item and u end up not even buying what u went to buy because of price

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Mandela27: 7:36am On Aug 24, 2020
Crystademus:

Everyone will not be like you. This is the type of advice you'll give your children.I know you'll be happy if your daughter is made a baby mama. Destiny destroyer identified.
Is that all you have to say?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by romunu(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2020
Wetin concern her business with the wedding?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Godson213: 8:14am On Aug 24, 2020
Timagex:
. Hello. Congratulations in advance for your wedding. I'm a photographer and cinematographer. I can shoot your wedding and deliver fantastic pictures on a budget. Message me on 08063793158 on WhatsApp. Thanks smiley

I won’t pay you a dime till the pictures are out and given to me. Deal?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by chris51(f): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2020
My dear, there's life after wedding.
Cut your coat according to your cloth and you will have a beautiful wedding for less than 500k.

Cut down on the number of people you are inviting. 100 people you will take good care of is better than 1000.

Buy yourself a good suit. Your wife can hire a lovely wedding gown.

A bag of rice will feed not less than 300 people. Get a good caterer who will give estimate for chicken and condiments to cook a bag of rice and the labour.

Don't involve family with cooking. They will steal half of the things.

For drinks:
Get enough water, malt, mineral and wine for toasting only.

No high table

Good luck
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by chris51(f): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2020
chris51:
My dear, there's life after wedding.
Cut your coat according to your cloth and you will have a beautiful wedding for less than 500k.

Cut down on the number of people you are inviting. 100 people you will take good care of is better than 1000.

Buy yourself a good suit. Your wife can hire a lovely wedding gown.

A bag of rice will feed not less than 300 people. Get a good caterer who will give estimate for chicken and condiments to cook a bag of rice and the labour.

Don't involve family with cooking. They will steal half of the things.

For drinks:
Get enough water, malt, mineral and wine for toasting only.

No high table

Good luck
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by UFOMZY: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2020
My guy I think Is ok, have u done the traditional rite to the family?if u gave done that I think it is more than enough..go n do marriage in your local govt, or may b ikeja high court,that will not cost u much den proceed to traditional marriage in your wife parent compound/street / house.get someone to do decoration, get one bag of rice ,den u can also cook little solid food, do about 50 jotter......I think it us ok if u monitor n manage it very well,am talking from experience. Am not married but I have witnessed good result from my siblings marriage. ...congratulations in advance.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by chycco: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Coolgent(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed
Dnt mind must of the commentors who can't even afford 3k data sub.

Do it with what you have at hand, when money come u can do whatever you want later.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Timagex(m): 9:42am On Aug 24, 2020
Godson213:

I won’t pay you a dime till the pictures are out and given to me. Deal?
. Message me on Whatsapp and let's talk...
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by PropertyBuying(f): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Hardly enough unless you're very conservative.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Stanfeelings: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2020
Sirmwill:
Well
To be honest
You will need at least 2M for a "so that it doesn't look poor or a low class wedding"

Except you won't be including the wedding reception
A big lie
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by kuzi1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
Olunmercy56:
As for me, it's even too much
Better come now let’s marry... afterwards we will go to the Bahamas for honeymoon. I promise you that.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Neddyogu(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
texazzpete:

You can create memories without a grand wedding. Do it in a great location, with only a few witnesses from family and friends.

No point in burning tons of cash just so you can watch yourself dancing ‘gbe body e’ 10 years later.

The 'great location' would likely cost 'tons of cash'. I Know a cousin of mine who tried to cut so much that the videography people he hired lost the video and pix of his trad and all he has are the few we took with our phones. Now he's regretting it. Imagine if guests visit the couple and they can't even present pictures for entertainment. Haba! Because u wan cut cost?
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Bubblewitch: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Godson213:

Do court wedding and rest
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Oniosunadeniyi1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
For a lowkey party that people will not be much, you can manage 500k
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
isa6namo:
Yes if she's not from Imo state
Hahaha hahaha my guy
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Olunmercy56(f): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
kuzi1:

Better come now let’s marry... afterwards we will go to the Bahamas for honeymoon. I promise you that.

I don't date married men sir cool cool
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by micronut(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
ImaIma1:

He's talking about a small wedding with few people and you are saying 400 people. 500k can't cater for 400 people especially when other things like attire, shoes, etc are included in the money.

It's except he's going to serve the 400 guests rice with Titus fish and coke. The smaller the wedding based on the funds, the better.

You you give me N500, I will put good food in front of your guest. Bring 400 people and send me 200k, I will serve them good rice, meat and coke.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by ImaIma1(f): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
micronut:

You you give me N500, I will put good food in front of your guest. Bring 400 people and send me 200k, I will serve them good rice, meat and coke.

We are talking about quality food fit for a wedding ceremony, and not the kind of food you can get from mama put.

My wedding was over 4 years ago and a plate of food didn't go for 500 naira even as rice wasn't as costly as it is presently. Besides, I am always weary of overly cheap caterers because I won't want someone to come and serve maggi cubes sized meat and rugged jollof.

That's why I said 400 people is not reasonable when one is trying to manage 500k for food, drinks, dj, attires, venue, MC, etc.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by texazzpete(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
Neddyogu:

The 'great location' would likely cost 'tons of cash'. I Know a cousin of mine who tried to cut so much that the videography people he hired lost the video and pix of his trad and all he has are the few we took with our phones. Now he's regretting it. Imagine if guests visit the couple and they can't even present pictures for entertainment. Haba! Because u wan cut cost?

Nope. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Especially in these Covid times.
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by AlphamaleTech1(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Lady16:
It is even much,as for me on my wedding I just want maximum of 15 people meaning I won't spend up to that

God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Lady16(f): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
AlphamaleTech1:

God bless u.
Amen.thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Who Spent N1.7M On His Son's Birthday Begs For Financial Assistance / Camp Gas Cylinders Shared At An Event (Video) / Money Rain At Elvis Madu's Child Dedication Party In Owerri, Imo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.