Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form (2739 Views)

Adetokunbo Abiru Picks APC Nomination Form (Photos) / Patrick Obahiagbon Picks APC Nomination Form For Senate (Photos) / Shina Peller Picks APC Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
The Vice Chancellor of the University of Calabar, Prof. Zana Akpagu has picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) Senate nomination form to contest the Cross River North bye-election.
Akpagu, the leading APC aspirant in the race said that he is sure of victory as he is contesting to win and not to settle for second position.

Recall that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recently released time table that fixed October 31st for the bye-election to fill the vacuum created by the demise of late Sen. Rose Oko.

Speaking shortly after picking his form on Tuesday, August 18 at the party's national secretariat in Abuja, Akpagu, a former Commissioner for Education in Cross River State said that he is not only ready for the party's primary but for the main election.

Lamenting that the Senatorial district has suffered severe underdevelopment occasioned by poor representation, he averred that with him as Senator, things will turnaround in the zone for better.

While expressing confidence in winning the party's nomination and the main election, he added that he was not in the race because he feels he's the richest man but because of the yearnings of the people for positive change.

According to him, "I'm not in the race because I feel I have the money to buy the people, in fact, I believe that our people are too civilized to be bought over. I'm in the race because I feel the cry of our people to key into the change agenda of our great party, the APC and President Mohammadu Buhari.

"Cross River North is blessed with vast land for agriculture but why have we not harnessed the potential and properly liaised with the federal government to attract many of the government's agricultural initiatives to our people?

From available data, our Senatorial district is lagging behind in terms of federal government jobs when compared to other Senatorial districts. This is because we've not sent people who understand the sufferings of our people. There are opportunities there but we just need people with the will power to pursue them for our people. That's exactly what I'm very convinced that I can and will do as Senator".

He added that "I'm not coming with so much promises because I believe that our modest efforts in our previous positions and where I'm now have been speaking for me and my team loudly. I'm not just contesting because we want to come second, but because I'm confident that we can and shall win".
https://www.fearlessreports.com/2020/08/crn-bye-election-unical-vc-picks-apc.html

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie
Kinematics
Contigiency
Dansuqi
Murphy
Offiong
Blackking
Mizwisdom
Ifiokjohn
Otuekong
Ubongokon
Meleszenawi
Johnnyspute
Kyase
Helinues
Bennycollins
Kenturkey
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Sonoyom(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
Akpagu is already a failure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
Sonoyom:
Akpagu is already a failure.

How so sir? Sorry for not tagging you
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Sonoyom(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
garfield1:

How so sir? Sorry for not tagging you
His records at the University will speak for him.
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
Sonoyom:

His records at the University will speak for him.

I think hes the best vc so far.he has used his position to further the interest of the north and they all want him
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Sonoyom(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
garfield1:

I think hes the best vc so far.he has used his position to further the interest of the north and they all want him
I don't know if he is the best VC but anytime i pass through Eta Agbor and see that hostel building just opposite small gate, i understand the sort of damage he has caused in that school.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Sonoyom:

I don't know if he is the best VC but anytime i pass through Eta Agbor and see that hostel building just opposite small gate, i understand the sort of damage he has caused in that school.

Which hostel building? What about it? Don't forget no one is perfect.
In unical,he might have issues but in crs north,he has no opponent
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Sonoyom(m): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
garfield1:

Which hostel building? What about it? Don't forget no one is perfect. In unical,he might have issues but in crs north,he has no opponent
The building beside the Ecobank.
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by SIONKPO1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
At op,you are just convinced because he chooses APC whereas those on ground at unical are telling you that he is a flop
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 12:16am On Aug 22, 2020
SIONKPO1:
At op,you are just convinced because he chooses APC whereas those on ground at unical are telling you that he is a flop

Am on ground in unical and I am talking about his chances of winning not his performance as vc
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Almost all profs are politicians
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by agabusta: 2:16am On Aug 22, 2020
Is he a serving VC?

If he is, does employment rules at the University permits Academics to contest elective positions before resigning?

1 Like

Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by wickyyolo: 4:44am On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Which hostel building? What about it? Don't forget no one is perfect.
In unical,he might have issues but in crs north,he has no opponent

Stop lying. Nobody wants him.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by SIONKPO1(m): 6:36am On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Am on ground in unical and I am talking about his chances of winning not his performance as vc
What can you now use to ascertain him,if not his record as the VC at unical?
Let's stop been too political,me I want the best to win not some recycled criminals
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Nadaken: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2020
The guy is smart, he won't win but wants to cement his federal job as unical vc as an apc busybody

1 Like

Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2020
wickyyolo:

Stop lying. Nobody wants him.

Is it Joe agi or Stephen odey they want
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 8:28am On Aug 22, 2020
Nadaken:
The guy is smart, he won't win but wants to cement his federal job as unical vc as an apc busybody

I see him winning
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 8:29am On Aug 22, 2020
SIONKPO1:

What can you now use to ascertain him,if not his record as the VC at unical?
Let's stop been too political,me I want the best to win not some recycled criminals

He used his vcship to employ so many northerners.he has executed so many projects in the north in the guise of unical funded projects.he knows what he is doing
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2020
agabusta:
Is he a serving VC?

If he is, does employment rules at the University permits Academics to contest elective positions before resigning?

Yes that's why a lot of lecturers go into politics
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by SIONKPO1(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

He used his vcship to employ so many northerners.he has executed so many projects in the north in the guise of unical funded projects.he knows what he is doing
so you mean he was a nepotic leader?
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 8:52am On Aug 22, 2020
SIONKPO1:

so you mean he was a nepotic leader?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by SIONKPO1(m): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Yes
Okay,I love your sincerity
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by wickyyolo: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Is it Joe agi or Stephen odey they want

Jarigbe for Senate
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
wickyyolo:

Jarigbe for Senate

Yes he bought the form yesterday.if he emerges,it will be easier for zanna
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by wickyyolo: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Yes he bought the form yesterday.if he emerges,it will be easier for zanna

Are u from my senatorial district? Have any of your family members held a political office in my senatorial district?

He maybe have been your VC but you don’t know politics in my district.
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
wickyyolo:

Are u from my senatorial district? Have any of your family members held a political office in my senatorial district?

He maybe have been your VC but you don’t know politics in my district.

Let me explain something.ayade wants a weak candidate that will go to the senate and hold it for him till 2023 that's why hes fronting Steve odey.jarigbe is opposing him and most of the pdp delegates are loyal to him which means he will likely win.if that happens,ayade will either support zanna his brother or remain neutral which will give apc a field day.

Already,majority of the people in obudu,obanliku and bekwarra are supporting prof.jarigbe influence does not transcends beyond yala and ogoja.the inec voters register of last year showed that obudu has the highest voters in crs north and obudu with obanliku voting strength now outnumbers ogoja and yala and bekwarra.so with just obudu and obanliku,zanna will clinch it
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by wickyyolo: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2020
garfield1:

Let me explain something.ayade wants a weak candidate that will go to the senate and hold it for him till 2023 that's why hes fronting Steve odey.jarigbe is opposing him and most of the pdp delegates are loyal to him which means he will likely win.if that happens,ayade will either support zanna his brother or remain neutral which will give apc a field day.

Already,majority of the people in obudu,obanliku and bekwarra are supporting prof.jarigbe influence does not transcends beyond yala and ogoja.the inec voters register of last year showed that obudu has the highest voters in crs north and obudu with obanliku voting strength now outnumbers ogoja and yala and bekwarra.so with just obudu and obanliku,zanna will clinch it

This your template was tried before but it didn’t work.

You know why ? Nobody wants what happened in Benue to happen in Cross River(atrocities) NEF have gather and directions has been given to all stakeholders. That’s why ayade is running to Abuja. The problem with him now is that he doesn’t want to negotiate and just wants his way.

Come Election Day all people pledging allegiance to APC will show their true colors.
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
wickyyolo:

This your template was tried before but it didn’t work.

You know why ? Nobody wants what happened in Benue to happen in Cross River(atrocities) NEF have gather and directions has been given to all stakeholders. That’s why ayade is running to Abuja. The problem with him now is that he doesn’t want to negotiate and just wants his way.

Come Election Day all people pledging allegiance to APC will show their true colors.

It has never been tried my brothet. Since 2003,opposition has not been strong in crs.a lot of people are beginning to hate pdp in cross river.it is now more about candidates not party.as Alex egbonna won is how zanna will win.zanna has been state collation officer for inec,he has more rigging connections than jarigbe...
I don't know what you mean by what happened in Benue and nef but if odey doesn't win,jarigbe has no chance
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by wickyyolo: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
garfield1:

It has never been tried my brothet. Since 2003,opposition has not been strong in crs.a lot of people are beginning to hate pdp in cross river.it is now more about candidates not party.as Alex egbonna won is how zanna will win.zanna has been state collation officer for inec,he has more rigging connections than jarigbe...
I don't know what you mean by what happened in Benue and nef but if odey doesn't win,jarigbe has no chance

Okay, let’s wait for election.
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Blackking98(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
garfield1:
The Vice Chancellor of the University of Calabar, Prof. Zana Akpagu has picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) Senate nomination form to contest the Cross River North bye-election.
Akpagu, the leading APC aspirant in the race said that he is sure of victory as he is contesting to win and not to settle for second position.

Recall that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recently released time table that fixed October 31st for the bye-election to fill the vacuum created by the demise of late Sen. Rose Oko.

Speaking shortly after picking his form on Tuesday, August 18 at the party's national secretariat in Abuja, Akpagu, a former Commissioner for Education in Cross River State said that he is not only ready for the party's primary but for the main election.

Lamenting that the Senatorial district has suffered severe underdevelopment occasioned by poor representation, he averred that with him as Senator, things will turnaround in the zone for better.

While expressing confidence in winning the party's nomination and the main election, he added that he was not in the race because he feels he's the richest man but because of the yearnings of the people for positive change.

According to him, "I'm not in the race because I feel I have the money to buy the people, in fact, I believe that our people are too civilized to be bought over. I'm in the race because I feel the cry of our people to key into the change agenda of our great party, the APC and President Mohammadu Buhari.

"Cross River North is blessed with vast land for agriculture but why have we not harnessed the potential and properly liaised with the federal government to attract many of the government's agricultural initiatives to our people?

From available data, our Senatorial district is lagging behind in terms of federal government jobs when compared to other Senatorial districts. This is because we've not sent people who understand the sufferings of our people. There are opportunities there but we just need people with the will power to pursue them for our people. That's exactly what I'm very convinced that I can and will do as Senator".

He added that "I'm not coming with so much promises because I believe that our modest efforts in our previous positions and where I'm now have been speaking for me and my team loudly. I'm not just contesting because we want to come second, but because I'm confident that we can and shall win".
https://www.fearlessreports.com/2020/08/crn-bye-election-unical-vc-picks-apc.html

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie
Kinematics
Contigiency
Dansuqi
Murphy
Offiong
Blackking
Mizwisdom
Ifiokjohn
Otuekong
Ubongokon
Meleszenawi
Johnnyspute
Kyase
Helinues
Bennycollins
Kenturkey

I'm not conversant with northern cross river politics but I know who ever is PDP flag bearer will win.
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by garfield1: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Prof zanna has son obudu and obanliku.where is fergie and blackking98
Re: Cross River Bye Election:unical Vc Picks Apc Nomination Form by Blackking98(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
garfield1:
Prof zanna has son obudu and obanliku.where is fergie and blackking98
I'm here bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

With 12 LGA Results Officially Announced, Gov.obaseki Takes Comfortable Lead / Chinese Govt Suspends Nigerians, Others From Entering China / Igbo Presidency: Don’t Exclude Delta, Rivers Igbos From Presidential Race - Sheh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.