Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Prophet Muhammad And Abubakar The Truthful In The Lethal Hole - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Muhammad And Abubakar The Truthful In The Lethal Hole (256 Views)

Prophet Muhammad And Abubakar The Truthful In A Lethal Hole / Pastor Adeboye's 'Deep Hole' Tweet That Got People Talking On Twitter / "Satan Delivered Islam To Muhammad And Following Islam Will Lead You To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad And Abubakar The Truthful In The Lethal Hole by ColdHeatt: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
As Prophet Muhammed's mortal enemies - the meccan idolaters - were pursuing he and his sworn friend - Abubakar the Truthful - along the Meccan-Medina route during Hijrah, they had to take temporary shelter in a hole close by.
But this hole had a number of ominous, smaller holes. Abubakar rushed in first to face any danger that might be lurking there so the Prophet won't be harmed. He covered some of these holes with pieces of cloth torn from his own gown. There yet were few more that were still gaping at him. Those he covered with his blessed head, faithful hands and dutiful feet. The Prophet stepped in and soon slept off...
Moments later however, Abubakar the Truthful felt a sharp pain. He had been bitten by a poisonous snake! He suppressed the urge to shout in terror and/or flee his suicidal post. Tears soon started to fall on the Prophet as the venom was eating Abubakar up.
Prophet Muhammad started up and pleaded: "what's happening to you?!". Abubakar disclosed his predicament. The Prophet swiftly prayed and the poison and pain evaporated.
This mini Hijrah episode, out of a mighty lot, is loaded with a number of lessons.
1:Are you/me so good such that our brother/friend/helper could choose to die so we could enjoy a little nap?
2:Can any of us choose to die for a brother/friend/benefactor who love and trust us?
3:Is here not a proof that Prophetic Supplications could cure any pain and/or solve any problem (this writer and two of his younger ones were not stung by any bee - though the insects were swarming all over them for about ten minutes - when they inadvertently dispersed a loaded bee hive while working on a farmland; because they have been privileged to recite "Authu bikalimatillah taamati min sharri ma halaqa" during their Subhi (predawn) worship?
4:Should we not all flee atheism, self-worship, polytheism & idolatry, and surrender to this very Islam, the religion of ALL Prophets?
Re: Prophet Muhammad And Abubakar The Truthful In The Lethal Hole by Franzinni: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
But can you tell me who was there to take note and tell the story as you so much believe ... Haha

Religion is a bunch of fairy tales
Re: Prophet Muhammad And Abubakar The Truthful In The Lethal Hole by peggywebbs(f): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2020
@ColdHeatt, thank you for the message. However, I wish to point out something. It is always good to fill our hearts with the word of God.

God is love and he embraces all things that are love. In fact the greatest commandment of God is love.

My contention however, with your message are these.

First and foremost. The Prophet of God knows that he has been called to death. Which means that he knows that his faith will lead to death. No one protects a prophet, because in God's word it says, "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm". This goes to say that in fact the only protection a prophet needs is from God.

Another contention I have is, the prophet of God is the mouthpiece of God. He alone hears from God. If there is danger, and he is on God's mission, he is forewarned.

This begs the question why in the first place, were they in a situation of a snake bite?

The prophet should have been sensitive in his spirit, to know that where they were was not safe. If you look at the lives of the old testament prophets or the Torah, you would see that they never went anywhere or did anything without the direction of God.

So back to my observations.

You shouldn't have to die for your brother. Loving your neighbor or brother, means caring for them and not doing them harm. Putting them in danger where they might be harmed defeats this purpose.

What do you mean by prophetic prayer? Does it mean that if there is no prophet, a person cannot be healed? God says in his word, ask and it shall be given, seek and you will find. A son does not ask his father for bread and he gives him stones.

We are all children of God. Created and made in his image. When we make our supplications before him, he will always answer.

Please reflect on your message and ask yourself, if it carries the true meaning of love? Do a deep down research on the functions of a prophet and how they live, speak, comnunicate with God. See if it matches your description of a prophet in your message.

It is always good to be ask questions, seek and you will find the answers to the truth. God is always there to provide answers to you. You can do this by praying to him. Have a wonderful day.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Many Still Challenge Jesus' Deity!!!! / Very Angry Pastor Paul Eneche Takes On Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog (video) / Ebonyi State Akaeze Bridge Accident Prophesied By Prophet Macdonald E.E Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.