Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance (16307 Views)

Chatham House And Nigeria’s Growing Cultural Cringe By Farooq Kperogi / Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman / Princeton Lyman, The Former U.S. Amb To Nigeria On The Irrelevance Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by henryhemon(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
post=93145838:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!

May it never be well with any politician that looted from our national treasury.
May they all end up miserably in life, no matter the party they are.....along with those supporting them!
They looted the future of our darling nation totally, and you will still some dumb empty heads supporting these criminals!

They are same people you support because they are in Apc. Save your breathe, these sets are worse. A country where your attorney general is a big thief and work against his country,that country is dead.

1 Like

Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
henryhemon:

That country is dead.
just say amen or shut up abeg.
Stop all this hypocrisy.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Nchenches: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
Realboygenius:
By Olatunde Johnson

Source: https://leadership.ng/2020/08/18/reflections-on-princeton-lymans-view-on-nigerias-growing-irrelevance/

Nigeria started to be many countries in one after the 12 northern sharia states adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, but still clings to one Nigeria because of lucre of crude oil and gas proceeds as well as access to the sea in the south.

Since 1999 after the sharia imbroglio, Boko Haram which also says that it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Sharia criminal laws have devastated Nigeria’s economy and its people.

Northern military dictators who supervised Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution carefully avoided Islamic Sharia criminal laws in the constitution but allowed Islamic Sharia CIVIL Laws, because they must have known the devastating effects sharia criminal laws would have on a country of plural religions.

One Nigeria is now a paper tiger.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by nextstep(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
In 1976, then Head of State, General Murtala Mohammed, eyeballed the United States of America, the ‘World’s Policeman’, over the liberation of Angola. President Gerald Ford quickly expressed America’s displeasure at the recognition of the MPLA as the legitimate voice of the people of Angola by Nigeria and some other nations...

At the extraordinary meeting of the Organisation of African Unity (now African Union) held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 11 January 1976, Mohammed declared, among others: “when I contemplate the evils of apartheid, my heart bleeds and I am sure the heart of every true-blooded African bleeds.

Rather than join hands with the forces fighting for self-determination and against racism and apartheid, the United States policy makers clearly decided that it was in the best interests of their country to maintain white supremacy and minority regimes in Africa… Africa has come of age. It’s no longer under the orbit of any extra continental power. For too long has it been presumed that the African needs outside ‘experts’ to tell him who are his friends and who are his enemies. The time has come when we should make it clear that we can decide for ourselves; that we know our own interests and how to protect those interests; that we are capable of resolving African problems without presumptuous lessons in ideological dangers which, more often than not, have no relevance for us, nor for the problem at hand.”

I hope it's no lost on anyone that barely 1 month later, General Murtala Mohammed was gunned down, allegedly by Colonel Dimka in a coup effort. It's my estimation Dimka was merely a pawn, and the order came from Ford, via the CIA.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by nextstep(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
I don't accept that Nigeria failing is a bad thing. This was a marriage of expediency to join two dissimilar countries so that the northern one would have a better chance of survival. Rather than keep hobbling the South, let the country dissolve back into two (or more) according to the wishes of the people. Would France and Spain accept if we went and joined them?
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Shattuck(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
post=93145838:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!

May it never be well with any politician that looted from our national treasury.
May they all end up miserably in life, no matter the party they are.....along with those supporting them!
They looted the future of our darling nation totally, and you will still some dumb empty heads supporting these criminals!
you are quite shameless, a gov was caught on camera collecting bribe your darling daddy was spotted in a campaign endorsing the same fellow,so many other instances and here you are talking about how it will never be well with those who looted and those who supported, how more shameless can a man be.

1 Like

Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Dalby(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Evercurious:

You guys can never change.. instead of you to take the one wey concern you go cry for yourself you dey tell the speaker say him own country sef follow as if you no go deny Nigeria 100 times within 4 seconds if given a better option of trading your citizenship.lol..

Growth is a process filled with both positives and negetives....
Its like advising the child who took his or her first steps and fell to go and be crying for falling...
I fail, I learn and I move on...not cry...
wink wink wink
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by CioAngels(f): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
Irrelivance? How sad. My question is, where are the educated people/professors that can turn things around? It's like none, They are quick to disgrace us that are illitrates meanwhile degrees and dossiers they fluant around are bought or fake and you expect sure Nation to progress? The only way this country can progress is to take Mr Rawlings advise when he can to Nigerian and addition to that, armputate all the leaders that stole money, corrupt politicians, while from now you make the in-coming ones to swear with our traditional god's because without this, I'm afraid, irrlevance will be a better word compare to what will happen next. Imagine aides also having stolen billions of dollars in the US bank according to report by the US. May the politicians putting the poor Nigerian be publicly disgraced.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by OyinO: 12:18am On Aug 24, 2020
I blame the brainwashed and Zombified generation of YOUTHS waiting for some fairytale Hollywood rapture to go to Greek Heaven. They forgot that there was War in Greek Heaven, meaning Greek Heaven is not a perfect place, yet they are not qualified to inhabit the true coded Greek Heaven. Their heartless leaders have succeeded in pushing them to the wall but they busy pushing themselves instead of pushing back against their wicked leaders.

1 Like

Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:58am On Aug 24, 2020
FuckThaMod:
We started becoming irrelevant the moment APC came into the picture. This is beyond Buhari, it's the party as a whole, especially oshiomole and tinubu

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by madjune(m): 1:00am On Aug 24, 2020
There's no growth in Nigeria.

Nigeria stopped growing in 1986.

Everything else has been plant today, consume tomorrow.

Vice versa.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by darediamond(m): 3:47am On Aug 24, 2020
Racoon:
Nigeria greatness is only in its past shadow due to lack of purposeful leadership, intractible corruption, ethno-religious supremacist agenda among many irreconcilable factors.

Since it's certain these recurrent problems will never go away despite about 60years of nationhood, the solution is to renegotiate our existence as a collective entity or dissolve this skewed union.
The ONLY REASOABLE SOLUTION IS OUTRIGHT DISSOLUTION since North says Power Belongs to them forever!!!!

1 Like

Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Evercurious(f): 5:02am On Aug 24, 2020
Dalby:

Growth is a process filled with both positives and negetives....
Its like advising the child who took his or her first steps and fell to go and be crying for falling...
I fail, I learn and I move on...not cry...
wink wink wink

Lol..i guess you know the opposite of synonym..That is exactly what Nigeria is to growth .WAKE UP AND FACE REALITY..
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by EagleNest(m): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2020
When exactly was Nigeria great? Which era?
We struck crude oil and went to sleep. The greatest asset of a nation is the quality of human beings in it and not the quantity. How much energy, time and money have we spent in developing human capacity in Nigeria. Let the historic yearly budgets answer it?
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by henryhemon(m): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2020
post=93150615:
just say amen or shut up abeg.
Stop all this hypocrisy.

You are the one whose a hypocrite. Premium one.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Hunterovo: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2020
The U. S. Military Laboratory at Fort Detrick is most likely the original source of the COVID-19 virus
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Hunterovo: 8:19am On Aug 24, 2020
Cuomo called the pandemic in the United States "a virus of American fragmentation and federal incompetence
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by PropertyBuying(f): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2020
May God save our dear Country Nigeria.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Guyman02:
How can Nigeria have relevance when ....

I understand what you are driving at, but lets not forget that he was a child soldier from 8 years of age. having 17 years of combat knowledge. no 25 year old who joined the army at 18 can become Colonel.
at 25 years most of us have 3 years of real world career experience.
Re: Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance by lowaist101: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
The fact is that many countries are coming very fast to take over;we seem to be stagnant as a nation. the beautiful ones are not yet born.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Dismisses Alaibe’s Appeal Against Governor Diri / FG Secures Court Leave To Bring Nine New Grounds Against Kanu’s Release / Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.