Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously (3625 Views)

I Don’t Have Strength To Satisfy Jada’s Sexual Desires: Will Smith / This Will Change A Lot Of People's Lives Here For Good If Taken Seriously. / Why Is Female Sexual Assault Taken Seriously Than Male Sexual Assault? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by Allsingles: 2:00am On Aug 22, 2020
Are you the type that finds it difficult to control your sexual desires and impulses when it arises within us at a very fast pace? Then this is for you. Looking for quick solutions to get rid of them should not be a problem. Although, those solutions might not last long, because it is not possible to control sexual desires through a quick fix, but you need to understand that it requires thorough understanding, a lot of patience, internal stability, and most importantly, a steady commitment.

These feelings can sometimes interfere with your daily life and relationships, sometimes in a very damaging way. Finding ways to control your sexual urges may help you improve your quality of life, your relationships, and your efficiency, but it can be challenging to figure out where to start.

For starters, you need to start by distancing yourself from those things that triggers the desires in the first place. Try so hard not to look at images, watch videos, or read stories that are of a sexual nature. When you engage in any of these activities, they cause the multiplication of sexual impulses by tenfold, making it harder to control the desires.

Avoid any eye contact with people of the opposite or same sex (for those that are into that) and avoid touching at all costs. Avoid the company of people or friends that encourage sexuality, even jokingly. You never know when you might agree with them.

From two different studies by Mayo Clinc and Dadabahgwan, this list of tips and tricks we have gathered will help control sexual desires or impulses as soon as they arise:

1. Try so hard to interrupt the link of sexual thoughts as soon as they arise in the mind. You can do this by changing the activity you are doing, changing your focus, thinking about some other work.

2. This point had me cracking but then, I totally agree with it. Picture the human body without skin. It is not a pretty sight. Imagine seeing blood and bones. This practice is done not to create hatred, but to understand and get the real picture of the human body, so that we do not get attracted to it.

3. If you find yourself making make eye contact with anyone who arouses impulses of sexuality within you, you should immediately look away and change the inner visual. Otherwise, the sexual feeling with develop. Therefore, it is best to eradicate it by asking for forgiveness immediately.

4. Leave your environment. You should learn to step away from any environment where you feel it's difficult to control your urges. If you are at home and feeling a compulsion to masturbate, for example, try taking a quick walk to the store or mall. Walk down the road and back. If you can’t leave your current environment, if you’re at work, try talking to another coworker or taking a short break.

5. Imagine the negative consequences of this behavior and make a list of it all. This may help to stave off sexual desires as well. Write down all of the risks and possible consequences of acting on your behavior. Carry the list with you at all times and review it when you experience a sexual desire.

6. And this, try abstain from drugs or alcohol. For those who take alcohol, I’m sure you’d agree with this. Drugs and alcohol can cause you to lose your inhibitions, including your sexual control. Stay far away from parties and scenarios you think might be problematic.

7. Get rid of stress. Sometimes compulsive thoughts tend to creep up on you when you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed (I know this for a fact). If you find this to be true for you with your sexual urges, figure out ways you can live a less stressful life.

8. Keep yourself busy. This helps keep your mind preoccupied and focused on things other than sex. Take up a new hobby or fill your social calendar with activities with friends. Like me, I watch horror movies. Lol!

9. For the spiritual folks, get a spiritual perspective. If you are worried about controlling your sexual urges because of the faith you practice, consider seeking guidance from a spiritual leader in your faith community. Consider talking to your pastors or youth leader in your place of worship.

10. And finally, you should see your doctor. Consider having an exam to rule out any physical problems that may be causing your sexual urges. You might not believe this but sometimes, illness or conditions can upset hormones and can make you feel hypersexual in some way and... https://4evertogeda..com

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by anthonyuncle(m): 5:17am On Aug 22, 2020
11. get yourself a partner

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by paulolee(m): 5:32am On Aug 22, 2020
12.start thinking or imagining the many diffrent ways to enjoy life that are better than that overhyped sex for e.g i do picture myself drinking n Chating with jeff bozz n bill gates while taking some shots for my naija bloggers to feed on..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by tillaman(m): 5:35am On Aug 22, 2020
Classic
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by Blackpromise(m): 8:31am On Aug 22, 2020
Go get married, if you've attained the age and you have the means.

For Quality and durable gadgets, Equipments Purchases, Visit
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=d2ogxtfbfkbc&utm_content=gakjk03
We deliver to all parts of Nigeria.
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by pretydiva(f): 8:36am On Aug 22, 2020
anthonyuncle:
11. get yourself a partner

As long as you are legally married
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by Galactico4ever(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2020
pretydiva:

You na Correct coolDiva
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by femi4: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2020
No8 is key
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by pretydiva(f): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Galactico4ever:
You na Correct coolDiva

Thank you smiley
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by anthonyuncle(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2020
pretydiva:

married or not
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by pretydiva(f): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2020
anthonyuncle:

married or not

Sex is meant for those married. If you still engage in premarital sex, it's high time you desist from it
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by anthonyuncle(m): 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
pretydiva:

Sex is meant for those married. If you still engage in premarital sex, it's high time you desist from it

I know.
having a partner can give one control over sex
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by pretydiva(f): 12:55am On Aug 23, 2020
anthonyuncle:

I know.
having a partner can give one control over sex

Then get married to him/her
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by anthonyuncle(m): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
pretydiva:

Then get married to him/her
when da time is right
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by pretydiva(f): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
anthonyuncle:

when da time is right

Until then, stay away from premarital sex
Re: Top Ways To Control Your Sexual Desires, No.2 And 6 Should Be Taken Seriously by anthonyuncle(m): 3:29am On Aug 24, 2020
pretydiva:

Until then, stay away from premarital sex
easier said than done

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need To Take Maths Very Serious In Life: Photo / Girls Sha MUMU BEINGS!!!! / How Do I Tell My Mom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.