Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

What Can We Call This Love Or Hate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can We Call This Love Or Hate (1318 Views)

Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Call This Love Or Hate by becky4real(f): 8:58pm On Feb 17, 2011
Bare me witness here - Nigerian schools, especially the expensive private ones, are significantly cutting back on child discipline. Gone are the days when we were flogged with "pankere" in classrooms and we thought it made us better students. Now, I begin to wonder what the future holds for the new generation; Is this lack of discipline good for our children? i saw this topic on another forum and it caught my attention cuz i have been wanting to ask this same question myself.

I see this trend as purposely going against God's instruction on how we should raise our children, whats yours
Re: What Can We Call This Love Or Hate by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2011
Re: What Can We Call This Love Or Hate by Nobody: 3:37am On Feb 18, 2011
My eldest sister is old skool and it was skool's policy to cane students then, i remember my mum tying wrapper round a waist to go beat up one teacher that flogged my sis mercilessly, that was the last time someone caned her in skool cos no one wanted to be beaten up by my mum,lol
Re: What Can We Call This Love Or Hate by Blazay(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
It is neither love nor hate. . . . .just poor communication.
You only NEED to talk to a child and explain that actions have consequences.
Then you reward or punish accordingly by adding or subtracting from the priviledges the child looks forward to(Not be double standards as in spanking him or her to death then given him or her all the gifts and presents in the world).
Where does corporal punishment come into all these except for poor communication patterns?
Violence never solved any domestic problems.

You only succeed in raising angry bullies with all that pent-up resentment and the desire for revenge is endless to whoever may fall victim.
One reason Nigerians do not adjust well in foreign countries, since they were never taught to communicate without 'yelling' and 'punching'!
Small wonder why the percentages of domestic violence cases amongst Africans remains high and RISING in Africa especially. It had become the norm/culture/tradition.

Men beating/killing their wives and vice versa all in the name of discipline never an issue, even where these cases turn fatal, even in foreign countries where such things happen also(ever wonder why people have their children taken away from them if they caught spanking their kids? Blacks can never be smarter than whites. . . .I mean NEVER!)

Corporal punishment is never an effective way to discipline a child.
Parents just take out their frustration on their children for no reason in the name of discipline.
No wonder children keep getting suspended from schools for fighting.
How do you use coporal punishment for children with undiangosed attention deficit disorder or chemical/homornal imbalance for instance?

I tellya. . . some people have no business having children.
Even animals in the bushes would do better than MOST in understanding basic "child psychology".

Please, parents should endeavour to find out why children 'act-out', instead of raising domestically violent children who turn out to be violent adults.
Angry, frustrated parents with extremely poor communication skills/stress relief managements NEVER make successful social partners and become sociopaths for the most parts. kiss

You reap what you sow. kiss
Re: What Can We Call This Love Or Hate by Peterpan1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nice thread,and very timely,well wat can we say for we all eagerly wait for d manifestation of d promise of God,

(1) (Reply)

Ten Questions HusbandS Should Ask Annually / Adorable Sextuplets Who Appeared On Oprah And How Their Parents Are Coping / Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.