Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,182 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption (207 Views)

Salami Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption / Graft Allegations: Why FG May Not Prosecute Magu / Names Of Presidential Panel Members Probing Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption by Anticrime: 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
SOURCE-: www.techkibay.com
The presidential panel probing Mallam Ibrahim Magu, suspended acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has recommended his sack and prosecution for alleged corruption.
According to an online publication, TheCable, in its exclusive report, the panel headed by Justice Ayo Salami, retired president of the Court of Appeal submitted an interim report to President Muhammadu Buhari last Wednesday where the panel also recommended that Magu should be prosecuted over allegations of corruption and abuse of office.

The suspended EFCC boss is also accused of violating the code of conduct law by allegedly failing to declare all his assets when he assumed office in 2015. It was gathered that the panel also recommended the appointment of a new chairman for the anti-graft agency “without further delay”.
President Muhammadu Buhari, in a letter dated July 3, 2020, had directed the panel to submit its “interim reports to me from time to time”.

Since July 6 when Magu was whisked before the Salami panel,

Since July 6 when Magu was whisked before the panel by a combined team of Department of State Services (DSS) and officers from the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) of the police in Abuja, former director of operations at the EFCC, Mohammed Umar, has been in charge of the commission in acting capacity.
Magu was detained at area 10 of the FCT police command for nine days before he was granted bail.

The travails of Magu, a commissioner of police, followed a memo by Abubakar Malami, Attorney-General of the Federation, who accused him of “grave malfeasance”.
SOURCE-: www.techkibay.com
Re: Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption by loadedvibes: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Una no dey tire for this country ? Anyway come buy your kids Educational Tablets now o.. very cheap

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption by Vyzz: 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
post=93102526:
Una no dey tire for this country ? Anyway come buy your kids Educational Tablets now o.. very cheap

Brother mi...

I haff tired...

U wan carry me enter another country?..

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption by longetivity(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
they should not just sack him, he should go to jail also

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption by ican2020: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel Asks Buhari To Fire, Prosecute Magu For Corruption by loadedvibes: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Gather money Benin republic
Vyzz:

Brother mi...

I haff tired...

U wan carry me enter another country?..

(1) (Reply)

What I’ll Do If I Lose Edo Election — Ize-iyamu / Scrapping Niger Delta Amnesty Premature, Omo-agege Warns FG / Enugu Clashes: Ohanaeze Moves To Ascertain Circumstances Surrounding Igbo Killin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.