Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 (26259 Views)

Adepoju: Why Argentina Defeated Super Eagles At USA ’94 / Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by TruthinAction: 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
Chidi Nwanu hasn't said the complete truth. Westerhof has a hand in the team loss. I have downloaded the full match again and watched it over and over again. How can he play only one attacker up front when he has so many deadly striker and the best mid fielder in the person of J J Okocha?

For most part of the match, they just kept giving Rashidi Yekini long passes from the mid field and he was always in the midst of three Italian defenders. Rashidi was a good striker but you have to place the ball well for him to score. He wasn't the type that could dribble pass defenders easily to score.

Emmanuel Amunike that scored our only goal was substituted in the second half of the game. Something was not just right with that game. Okocha passes unlike him was inaccurate for most part of the game.

I am inclined to believe Bonfere Joe but he just didn't have enough evidence to prove his case. Even before Bonfere Joe brought the allegation, I told my friends that Westerhof planned for us to lose maybe in solidarity for his fellow whites.

This is why I said we should forget about foreign coach. They can never take us to win world cup. Most whites are racist. They are just here to eat our monies.
Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by JesusJesus: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
undecided,Dem Neva born u dat time Talk true
No be my fault Na. Na my parents delay. No vex boss
Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by quickly: 12:50am On Aug 23, 2020
madjune:
After watching that match and crying to bits afterwards; in my quiet moments, i realized that our nation Nigeria was cursed.

We don't seem to get it right, even with the best assembly of talents anytime it matters most.
The devil always descends into our midst.

Nigeria was the favourite to win that world cup.
No exaggeration.

The devil used the likes of Amokachi, Oliseh and Siasia to destroy our hopes.

Anyway, Karma has paid them back in full since then.

Not favourite but we would have reached final or at least semi final.

because after italy we would have met Spain in the Qtrs and then bulgaria who we thrashed in the semi-finals..

Brazil and Netherland were stronger than us and even sweden
Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by Geestarry(f): 3:06am On Aug 23, 2020
abdullahi45:

Real?

Check it out
Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by Philosopher1979: 5:21am On Aug 23, 2020
Reference:
Foresight is not one of the things the blackman is naturally blessed with. Few consider legacy an important ideal. We are sons of Esau, the here and now people. We only excel at regret and cry over spilled milk.

Yeah, Africans don't have a consistent strategy for success. In all these European and South American countries they already have their next ronaldo or messi that they are training right now. I mean, they have a 15 to 20 year plan to produce a generation of talented footballers. Our own success on the other hand is accidental.

However, we are changing with our honest efforts into youth development in recent times. We now have football academies and innovations like nff/zenith bank (which produced our last u-17). In fact, if we do not do age cheating with our u-17 teams, 40% of our problem is solved and with the introduction of VAR age cheating machine, this has reduced it.

This here and now mentality is the reason why our success is limited in many endeavours

1 Like

Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by Pacesetter123(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2020
vislabraye:

The thing pain me sha. Eguavon unfortunately was our weak link. Don't know why he always started.
I wonder also why he always start

1 Like

Re: Chidi Nwanu Speaks On Gang-up Against Westerhof At USA 94 by duduade: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
theakuko:
After 25 years, these revelations are finally being made known.

Nothing is forever hidden

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Donates N11m To Rio Olympics Team / What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau / Francis Uzoho's Horrible Injury During Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.