Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,715 members, 7,844,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population (3211 Views)

The North Is Never Bigger Than South In Population. / Igbos Are Not Larger Than Ijaw In Population. See Why!!!! / Ramatu Aliyu: Abuja Dirty Because Of Increase In Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Based on wetin? Read my submission below

If you have problems with Ibibios go and sort it out with them but for here , now and future, they are more in population than Ijaws.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Zendinho(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
‪I set my immunity aside & I stand before God who sees the heart of all men. God who knows the beginning from the end & I swear that Ize Iyamu is a THIEF. And that is why I didn’t give him anything, even a board appointment. -Adams Oshiomohole ‬(2016).
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

A well detailed counter statement will suffice

Till then but as at now Ibibios takes the lead
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Rosyfina:

I don’t know where you’re from oga,,, but we all identify ourselves as ijaw

Where are you from?
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Till then but as at now Ibibios takes the lead

No sir.in the absence of your counter,ijaws are more

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

If you have problems with Ibibios go and sort it out with them but for here , now and future, they are more in population than Ijaws.

Apart from akwa ibom,which other state are they found? Are you ok
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

If your parameter for assessment is based on state then you need Jesus In life.

Such parameter is way too weak to stand the test of time.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

No sir.in the absence of your counter,ijaws are more
Ijaws are not even UpTo to 1.25 million
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

If your parameter for assessment is based on state then you need Jesus In life.

Such parameters is way too weak to stand the test of time.

Warped logic as usual.even bringing religion into this.your issues plenty oh
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Ijaws are not even UpTo to 1.25 million

It is a total waste arguing with you.once you believe that nigeria has no airport,no one can convince you otherwise.yabaleft things

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Allen102: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ok

7 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Yobabad: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
Yorubas are bad you know

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

It is a total waste arguing with you.once you believe that nigeria has no airport,no one can convince you otherwise.yabaleft things

I pride myself as been fair and just..

Can you say same for yourself.

Correct me if I am right..
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

Warped logic as usual.even bringing religion into this.your issues plenty oh

That's coz you are biased and not straightforward.

Ibibios are higher in population.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Rosyfina(f): 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Allen102:

Who are the We?

Where are you from
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Allen102: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Rosyfina:

Where are you from
I am from Rivers state. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by papmanxion(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Graysons:

Which kalabari man dead or alive identity as ijaw apart from that fraud Asari?

Okrika people are also distancing themselves from the ijaw tag as well.

You are from Bonny? then speak for Bonny people alone
who nor know go feel say you know wetin you they talk...but you nor know anything
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
papmanxion:
who nor know go feel say you know wetin you they talk...but you nor know anything

Really? oya enlighten me oh ye wise sage.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Topsic70: 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
Chai, sm1 wee just open yeye thread and 'sane' minds wee be jamming their heads against 1 anoda?

Baba God, may 1914 and 1960 be erased from history, I pray!
cool
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Mistakemaker: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
In reality, Ijaw can never be more populated than ibibio.. Impossible
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by 24SEVEN: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

There are 31 LGAs in Akwa Ibom. There are only 8LGAs in Bayelsa. So state analogy wouldn't hold waters, especially when almost everywhere in Bayelsa is made up of water. No pun intended. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Topsic70: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Osun27:
wait did you just said this?
Whether na ibibio o, abi ijaw o, na God sabi who plenty pass.

Bia Nairaland 'Mr. canceller', pls, u were hired to cancel posts biko, not ask questions.
Who gave u permission to speak in d first place sef?
You are playing with ur wages o,
Nor say I nor warn u o, ehn-ehn
cool
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
24SEVEN:

There are 31 LGAs in Akwa Ibom. There are only 8LGAs in Bayelsa. So state analogy wouldn't hold waters, especially when almost everywhere in Bayelsa is made up of water. No pun intended. grin

I thought you are ijaw? So your implying that ibibios are more populous
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
24SEVEN:

Though I am forced to quote this but I have no choice than to agree with you
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Topsic70: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2020
Osun27:
this is my life
my hobbie
my joy and my all
it's a non profitable company
cancelo limited
when I retire at 50 my son will take over
Congratulations....... $1=#1

That's a lifetime achievement, I must say
grin grin grin

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by 24SEVEN: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
garfield1:

I thought you are ijaw? So your implying that ibibios are more populous

Im Ikwerre. I sincerely don't know which is more populous given that Ijaw has the spread across states albeit in swampy and waterlogged terrain. But bro, you have to accept the fact that the Ibibios/Annang/Efik are almost everywhere, being very visible and distinguishable.

Ijaw to me is more like the conglomeration of peoples inhabiting waterlogged areas and worshipping water deities as the culturally approved religion.

Andoni doesn't understand Kalabari. Kalabari does not understand Izon, Opobo doesn't understand Abua and so on. So rare to see people not speaking and understanding same language, yet claim to be of same ethnic stock.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
24SEVEN:

Im Ikwerre. I sincerely don't know which is more populous given that Ijaw has the spread across states albeit in swampy and waterlogged terrain. But bro, you have to accept the fact that the Ibibios/Annang/Efik are almost everywhere, being very visible and distinguishable.

Ijaw to me is more like the conglomeration of peoples inhabiting waterlogged areas and worshipping water deities as the culturally approved religion.

Andoni doesn't understand Kalabari. Kalabari does not understand Izon, Opobo doesn't understand Abua and so on. So rare to see people not speaking and understanding same language, yet claim to be of same ethnic stock.

Good.I like your manner of argument which means you can bow to superior reasoning.one,,the op is talking about Ibibio as a single group not a combination of Ibibio,efik,anang,oron..he meant ibibios alone though they all share similar language and culture.I am from cross river and akwa ibom is like my 2nd home so am more grounded on this topic.if you combine ibibios and others,then they can outnumber ijaws but if you single them out alone,they aren't more than ijaws but can be said to be the third largest in the ss.

Now,akwa ibom has 31 lgas and three senatorial districts and about 3.8 million as at 2006.let's approximate it to 4 million.ibibios dominate uyo senatorial zone which has 9 lgas.the ikot ekpene zone had 10 lgas.8 lgas here are annang which is the 2nd largest ethnicity in akwa ibom.the other two lgas are ibibios which are INI and ikono.in eket zone,there are 12 lgas.the oron or oro who are the largest group here dominate 5 lgas,eket or ekid has two.mkpat enin and ikot abasi and onna are Ibibio which means Ibibio dominate 14 out of 31 and if you count the population here,its about 2 million.

In rivers,it is confusing but I know that after the igbo speaking lgas,ijaws are the 2nd largest.I have never counted andoni as ijaws.those I see as ijaws are asari toru,akukutoru,okrika,ogubolo,opobo nkoro,bonny,degema and abua odual partially.I know you may want to argue but let's leave it at 1 million.
In bayelsa,its 90% ijaws and with a population of 2 million,1.8 should be ijaws.
In delta,ijaws dominate burutu,bomadi and patani,40% of warri south west and warri north lgas.this places them at 500_000.
In ondo,ijaws dominate ESE odo and are many in ilaje.that's at least 200,000.so you see that they outnumber ibibios even if you minus rivers.I haven't added the ijaws in akwa ibom and edo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Farouk Yahaya Boasting Army Will Win All Its Battles / EFCC: Abdulrasheed Bawa Slumps At Public Event, Hospitalized - Gazette / JUST IN: 'I Felt Mocked' - Dino Melaye Narrates Ordeal With Waiter In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.