Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population (3206 Views)

The North Is Never Bigger Than South In Population. / Igbos Are Not Larger Than Ijaw In Population. See Why!!!! / Ramatu Aliyu: Abuja Dirty Because Of Increase In Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2020
SaintBishop:

Yes,it is very necessary. undecided We need to unmask any fake individual trying to claim people who don't share/ Patrice the same culture with them.

poor Rosyfina let her keep living in her delusion. She don't even know what is going on grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by 24SEVEN: 11:01am On Aug 23, 2020
garfield1:

I agree that ijaws are not as ubiquitous and visible as ibibios but half or more than half of those you think are ibibios are not...we just have to work with the 2006 census figure

If you are not Visible, then what is the argument. Your tribal names explains your distinct identity, and you will agree with me that except Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa names, the most recurring in the south are easily Ibibio(I can't distinguish them from Annang and Efik) and maybe say Urhobo. You hardly hear Ijaw names randomly except in areas that are traditionally populated by them.

I know arguments might be made that some Ijaws have English surnames, but they are a very small percentage. So then, where are the Ijaws.

Once Population figures are thrown open for discuss, you'd get alot of insincerity due to the fact that Nigeria will share allocation based on the size of your population. No one wants to be found wanting.

As at 2014, Ijaws cliamed to be 14million strong. Can you imagine that??
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by 24SEVEN: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2020
Highzik20:
I just don't know where all this uneducated literate gets their fact from, how on earth will u say Ibibio that is just found predominantly in akwa ibom and cross river will be more than ijaw. why not make ur research first b4 posting trash for some ignorant nairalander to absorb. And even the fool who is not from river state saying there is no ijaw in river state better go back to ur history books.
Ijaw people (also known by the subgroups " Ijo" or "Izon "wink
are people in Niger Delta in Nigeria , inhabiting regions of
the states of Ondo , Bayelsa , Delta , Edo, Akwa Ibom and
Rivers state with an approximate population of 14 million while ibibio are mostly found in Akwa Ibom , Cross
River , and on the Eastern Part of Abia state with an estimated population of about 10 million.

Please can you kindly breakdown the spread of the 14million Ijaws.

I know that Ijaws are in these states and I know the terrain of those areas. I use Google maps regularly and with the satellite mode you can conveniently know areas that have human habitation. so again, kindly show how you arrived at 14Million Ijaws.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
24SEVEN:

If you are not Visible, then what is the argument. Your tribal names explains your distinct identity, and you will agree with me that except Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa names, the most recurring in the south are easily Ibibio(I can't distinguish them from Annang and Efik) and maybe say Urhobo. You hardly hear Ijaw names randomly except in areas that are traditionally populated by them.

I know arguments might be made that some Ijaws have English surnames, but they are a very small percentage. So then, where are the Ijaws.

Once Population figures are thrown open for discuss, you'd get alot of insincerity due to the fact that Nigeria will share allocation based on the size of your population. No one wants to be found wanting.

I don't care but Ijaws are not even more than 1.25 million.

If they inflate their figure, that's because of GEJ factor as president.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Rosyfina(f): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
SaintBishop:

Yes,it is very necessary. undecided We need to unmask any fake individual trying to claim people who don't share/ Patrice the same culture with them.

grin it is what it is tongue
Whether or not you refuse to accept the fact that’s your problem
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
24SEVEN:

I'll place ijaws at 4 million and ibibios at 2.5 mil...the ibibios are the most widely travelled ethnicity in ss and 5th in nigeria so you will see them everywhere.that you see igbos everywhere doesn't mean that there the larhest group
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by SaintBishop: 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Rosyfina(f): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Graysons:

poor Rosyfina let her keep living in her delusion. She don't even know what is going on grin

I initially planned on arguing this topic with you but I saw your comments and realized you already have your mind made up on this issue and nothing I’ll type will make you think other wise, so why should I go through that stress smiley....
Have a nice day!!!
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by ThothHermes: 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
garfield1:

No.ijaws are more.ibibios are only in akwa ibom and they make up half of akwa ibom which has 4 mil people.therefore,ibibios are two million but they have a large settler population in cross river,rivers and delta.

Bsyelsa has 2 mil people and ijaws have about 1.5 mil.ijaws are about 1 mil people in rivers,600,000 in delta,50,000 in edo and 100,000 in akwa ibom and about 300,000 in ondo
All these beer parlour figures.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
Rosyfina:

I initially planned on arguing this topic with you but I saw your comments and realized you already have your mind made up on this issue and nothing I’ll type will make you think other wise, so why should I go through that stress smiley....
Have a nice day!!!
We are all here to learn. Speak your mind don't be shy.

But I'm wondering why you ignore Allen102 comment.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by WorWorBoy: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 24, 2020
WorWorBoy:
You are not from Rivers state but you type with so much confidence. I am from Okrika and we are not ijaws so, who are the [b]we [/b]are you talking about?
Is it the same okirika I know?
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by SIONKPO1(m): 6:46am On Aug 24, 2020
garfield1:

I'll place ijaws at 4 million and ibibios at 2.5 mil...the ibibios are the most widely travelled ethnicity in ss and 5th in nigeria so you will see them everywhere.that you see igbos everywhere doesn't mean that there the larhest group
ijaws occupy how many LGA in rivers state,ondo,delta and Edo
And what is the population of bayelsa?
Take It like this
*If the ibibios occupies 14LGa ,in akwa ibom and each has a population of 200000 do the arithmetic,and mind you aside the the known 14 they are also in some LGA'S
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by SIONKPO1(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2020
ThothHermes:
All these beer parlour figures.
Garfield goofed big time with his stats
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by garfield1: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2020
SIONKPO1:

ijaws occupy how many LGA in rivers state,ondo,delta and Edo
And what is the population of bayelsa?
Take It like this
*If the ibibios occupies 14LGa ,in akwa ibom and each has a population of 200000 do the arithmetic,and mind you aside the the known 14 they are also in some LGA'S

Ijaws occupy 7 in bayelsa,8 in rivers,3 in delta,1 in ondo and are also in some other lgas

1 Like

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
WorWorBoy:
You are not from Rivers state but you type with so much confidence. I am from Okrika and we are not ijaws so, who are the we are you talking about?

Sageb is WorWorBoy also a liar? grin grin

Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by sageb: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Graysons:

Sageb is WorWorBoy also a liar? grin grin
this okrika is a place i know so well. If i have dine with da Godfada wakirike, i don't need to prove anything to any stranger that okrika is Ijaw. So you can open a thread about Okrika let's slug it.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2020
sageb:
this okrika is a place i know so well. If i have dine with da Godfada wakirike, i don't need to prove anything to any stranger that okrika is Ijaw. So you can open a thread about Okrika let's slug it.
Do they even speak ijaw language? hell no they don't.how can they be ijaw when they don't speak the language? grin
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by sageb: 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Graysons:
Do they even speak ijaw language? hell no they don't.how can they be ijaw when they don't speak the language? grin
now answer if you know okrika language. What is town in okrika? What is elder in okrika? What is man and whose context is it used? What is house in okrika? Name one taboo that is outlawed in okrika and state the history behind it? What is gift in okrika?let me stop here, answer this first of all.
Re: Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population by Graysons: 12:46am On Aug 26, 2020
sageb:
now answer if you know okrika language. What is town in okrika? What is elder in okrika? What is man and whose context is it used? What is house in okrika? Name one taboo that is outlawed in okrika and state the history behind it? What is gift in okrika?let me stop here, answer this first of all.

Where are you from First, before I answer your question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killings In Imo State: Angry Youths Set To Shut Down State / 2023:Candidates & Their Ancient Power Amulets And Symbols From Egypt And Babylon / Proof That Peter Obi Will Win 50% Of SW Vote - Check Comment On BBC Yoruba Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.