Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See (6951 Views)

Most People Don't Know That These Words Exist. / ‘Same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different / 89% of Nigerian Universities Fail to Make Top 5,000 in the World - Webometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by abeliver: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ikjosh04:

This is so me here!! And it's so weird cause I become very extrovert when I'm around people I am comfortable with(my family).

Also, I don't know how to make friends or will I say keep close friends.

My friends are online buddies.

lol..I know that feeling

when you are with family the Lion in you comes alive grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Mywd: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:
undecided
Urmm. Op. I think yours is very chronic. Im an introvert too but mine is not as chronic as yours. Though when i was much younger, I only had the challenge of facing or addressing a crowd but as time went on, I decided to work on it by joining the social clubs in my school which helped a little.

Years later I joined the youth meetings in church, the choir and other departments just to be out of my shell and it worked but didn't change my personality because I still end up keeping to myself after all that. And I think I like it cos that's who I am.

The only thing all those activities I engaged in has helped me do is not to be totally withdrawn from social life but I still I have my limits as I can't go all out like an extrovert. At least I can address a crowd boldly cos at some point I went into teaching professionally and in Sunday school where ministers sit under my teachings. So to some extent that has helped me work on my confidence level therefore I can flow whenever I want to, ruling out any question of shyness but I'm still withdrawn in a way and I'm cool with it.

There was a time I tried to force myself to become an extrovert. You know what? I got exhausted, irritated and tired that I immediately craved my introverted life and I naturally slipped back into it.
I dont fancy visiting friends, don't even have any. I don't like going out, I easily lose interest after a few trials and can stay indoors the next one year. So you can't really change who you are. Worse is, anytime I tried changing it, I always regret. People see me as not friendly and yes I'm not cos I get bored easily. Not my fault though.

Op, love your person and do you. Its more fulfilling.

You just almost said everytin abt me too...

Whenever i try to be so loud like an extrovert, , maybe after some minutes,, sometin just pulls me to shut up suddenly(so weird right?)........ Whenevr i try to behave fully like an extrovert,,, i go just Bleep up undecided.......

My extended family always complain that i sleep too much cuz i do stay indoors in my room,, but they dont know i also work in my room too and do someother things.... It is fun to some extent wink

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by liveyourlife007(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
I dont regret being an introvert. people create problem for themselves by becoming friends with people they should just greet and go. But i must confess that at a point, i tried to change(introvert to extrovert) but i realised i was living a fake life, i was turning into something else, an hypocrite, then i realised we are who we are, don't fight it, just accept who you are and be happy. my conversation with people are mostly brief, i get irritated when you keep on talking, even when i stop responding, a sign to show that we are done with this conversation. But most importantly spend your time doing meaningful things, instead of hanging out in a beer parlour, i'd rather get to work and earn some money. i don't know how to beg for things, or borrow. i am always contented with the ones i have, with the aim of working to acquire more.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ikjosh04:

This is so me here!! And it's so weird cause I become very extrovert when I'm around people I am comfortable with(my family).

Also, I don't know how to make friends or will I say keep close friends.

My friends are online buddies.

You can't change your person. Just do what makes you happy.

Im only close to my family and thats it. To even mingle is war for me. So I keep to myself. That is why I'm so attached to my phone, when I'm not at work.

One beautiful thing about being introverted is it keeps you out of trouble. If you know what I mean.

So value who you are. Sometimes extroverts envy us.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by dahgifted(m): 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Im only close to my family and thats it. To even mingle is war for me. So I keep to myself. That is why I'm so attached to my phone, when I'm not at work.

One beautiful thing about being introverted is it keeps you out of trouble. If you know what I mean.

At the bolded are you for real?
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
dahgifted:
At the bolded are you for real?

Yes. In fact, I have know of someone ( an extrovert) who's always complaining bitterly that she wishes to be like people who will be indoors and no one will know they are around. That she wished she can keep to herself and all that.

There was a time she tried it. Before you know it, she started complaining that she can go mental if she keeps to herself beyond that. That was how she jumped back into her extroverted life again. Lol... But I know she sincerely wishes to.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

You better become my friend now so that we can break this your shyness of publicity grin
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

You better become my friend now so that we can break this your shyness of publicity grin

Lol... I'm not that shy any longer since I took up teaching profession. But I don't like disturbance which I see having/keeping friends as.

The last person I was friends with came through church tinz. She would come to my place and always wanted me to come to her house. She'll be like, "babes, dey try dey come out now". If I manage to go, this same person will be like, let's take a walk the house is boring. huh shocked? She'll drag me to places and stuffs. So I saw her as a disturbance and avoided her big time. she sensed it and stopped coming or calling. grin

So... Ko le werk.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by yunglegend99(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
I always tell people "No one is born an introvert or extrovert" it all started from childhood(from age 0 to atleast 10) your personality has already developed. It is as a result of the people around you, the way they relate with you, the kind of environment you grew up from will have alot of impact on your personality. Introversion usually starts from an unhappy child, a child whose needs were not been met especially needs of love, care and attention. A child who is constantly critisized may end been an introvert, the child may feel unworthy of love especially if these word were coming from their parents or guardians. As a child we believe whatever we are told, so constantly critisizing a child, using harsh words and abuses the child starts to see himself that way. That is the begining of low self esteem, anxiety and shyness which will definitely lead to introversion even if the individual tries to change

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by abeliver: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

lol...walahi this your last statement na true o

I remember my friend telling me, "Guy, you no get wahala o, all you do is Eat,press Phone and Sleep"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol... I'm not that shy any longer since I took up teaching profession. But I don't like disturbance which I see having/keeping friends as.

The last person I was friends with came through church tinz. She would come to my place and always wanted me to come to her house. She'll be like, "babes, dey try dey come out now". If I manage to go, this same person will be like, let's take a walk the house is boring. huh shocked? She'll drag me to places and stuffs. So I saw her as a disturbance and avoided her big time. she sensed it and stopped coming or calling. grin

So... Ko le werk.

Don't worry I won't drag you there will be no disturbance cos we will go to cool beach where there will be no disturbance but only us and nature grin
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by yunglegend99(m): 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
Truth be told most introverts at an early age wish they could change, they wish they could be more like the extroverts, it shouldnt be so. The best solution is to work on their confidence, self esteem and communication skills and also learn to be assertive because most introverts are passive people. Working on these skills will not only make the individual a better person but also a successful person

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
abeliver:

lol...walahi this your last statement na true o

I remember my friend telling me, "Guy, you no get wahala o, all you do is Eat,press Phone and Sleep"

grin grin... So they know ( extroverts) they have wahala ?grin
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

Don't worry I won't drag you there will be no disturbance cos we will go to cool beach where there will be no disturbance but only us and nature grin

Nah..
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by proffmykey(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
yunglegend99:
I always tell people "No one is born an introvert or extrovert" it all started from childhood(from age 0 to atleast 10) your personality has already developed. It is as a result of the people around you, the way they relate with you, the kind of environment you grew up from will have alot of impact on your personality. Introversion usually starts from an unhappy child, a child whose needs were not been met especially needs of love, care and attention. A child who is constantly critisized may end been an introvert, the child may feel unworthy of love especially if these word were coming from their parents or guardians. As a child we believe whatever we are told, so constantly critisizing a child, using harsh words and abuses the child starts to see himself that way. That is the begining of low self esteem, anxiety and shyness which will definitely lead to introversion even if the individual tries to change
You are correct
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Nah..

But you are flowing here in Nairaland why do you find it difficult mingling with people outside especially friends
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by dview001(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
dahgifted:
bro! thanks for you input.... i have friends but very few as for ladies, they are least of my priority now, my top priority is making money. I don't know why i have this mindset ladies having nothing to offer other than sex and i stand to be corrected though.

You should only greet them and move ... any
other thing after that should be none of your business. Same way you don't prioritize girls , don't prioritize uncouth gossipers too.

Apply my theory of irrelevance, which states nothing is relevant , few months from now even the person who said the words will forget
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

But you are flowing here in Nairaland why do you find it difficult mingling with people outside especially friends

I'm flowing here cos no one is disturbing me. I do things here at my own pace. But outside, you have to do some things against your wish.
Laugh when everyone is laughing otherwise you'll be tagged " forming" "bone face" or "I too know ". I like to be me.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Whitecoal711: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Extrovert mostly unnecessary time waster and ingenious,unconcentrated,too loud,Unkempt entity
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by SUPERPACK: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
yunglegend99:
I beg to disagree, genetics has the biggest contribution to a person being an introvert. Just like many are born as lefties but end up using their right hand as dominant hand due to societal pressure. Even when a child that has an introvert gene is taken to a vibrant environment or even have a caring parents the person tend to become an Ambivert at the end not an extrovert.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lady16(f): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
This me,have changed my watsapp number several times in other for people not get in touch with me,I can be indoor for many days without people awareness,it really affecting me but I don't know how to go about it

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by HomerTimpson: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Volkswagen90:
Mine is relationship matter, i fed up getting lasting relationships,i just feel tired of the whole girl drama and they left.
LOL mine is that i don't even start it,a friend and his babe even arranged one sweet girl for me at a time,it was a done arrangement and i was just there looking frosh and lit...i still feel sorry for Ella and some other good girls like that..i still keep my cool till now...WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by queenitee(f): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:
undecided
Urmm. Op. I think yours is very chronic. Im an introvert too but mine is not as chronic as yours. Though when i was much younger, I only had the challenge of facing or addressing a crowd but as time went on, I decided to work on it by joining the social clubs in my school which helped a little.

Years later I joined the youth meetings in church, the choir and other departments just to be out of my shell and it worked but didn't change my personality because I still end up keeping to myself after all that. And I think I like it cos that's who I am.

The only thing all those activities I engaged in has helped me do is not to be totally withdrawn from social life but I still I have my limits as I can't go all out like an extrovert. At least I can address a crowd boldly cos at some point I went into teaching professionally and in Sunday school where ministers sit under my teachings. So to some extent that has helped me work on my confidence level therefore I can flow whenever I want to, ruling out any question of shyness but I'm still withdrawn in a way and I'm cool with it.

There was a time I tried to force myself to become an extrovert. You know what? I got exhausted, irritated and tired that I immediately craved my introverted life and I naturally slipped back into it.
I dont fancy visiting friends, don't even have any. I don't like going out, I easily lose interest after a few trials and can stay indoors the next one year. So you can't really change who you are. Worse is, anytime I tried changing it, I always regret. People see me as not friendly and yes I'm not cos I get bored easily. Not my fault though.

Op, love your person and do you. Its more fulfilling.
This is me.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by emmy512: 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
I never accepted the fact i was an introvert till 2 years ago,
I'm a popular person in uni everyone knows who sinner is but they all have one thing they say about me, " you are boring" I don't like having fun, but when i need to speak or act I get this attention cos they've realized i speak only when i need to and what I say may be important,
As for ladies I've plenty female friends of which majority are those i tried hitting on, but the ability to express myself or my love doesn't exist i just feel oh! Once i give them money I show i like them and thats all there is. I've had over 4 babes that I've had a sexual relationship with but the moment they start invading my space i find a way to cut off, one was trying to boss me around telling me what to wear ,how to wear another wanted me to be taking her out to places when I myself avoid all this public places.
Now i have realized it's who I am, i like my space and the peace that comes with it, being an introvert has helped me stay away from trouble, kept me respectful and given me the ability to read people and their intentions cos i only allow the right people to occupy my space.
being an introvert has made me master in any skill that I've put my head to and studies cos i can never get distracted by any issue, I've learnt to mind my business and speak only when spoken to.
I have accepted it's who i am and if i can be happy by myself for myself I don't see why i should bother about approval from other people that could possibly spoil my mood.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

I'm flowing here cos no one is disturbing me. I do things here at my own pace. But outside, you have to do some things against your wish.
Laugh when everyone is laughing otherwise you'll be tagged " forming" "bone face" or "I too know ". I like to be me.

This is common among female folks tho but all the same sha prepare lets go to silverbird cinema next week grin
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

This is common among female folks tho but all the same sha prepare lets go to silverbird cinema next week grin

Ok.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
queenitee:

This is me.

Oh really??

Welcome on board then.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by EzzyCarter: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
HomerTimpson:
LOL mine is that i don't even start it,a friend and his babe even arranged one sweet girl for me at a time,it was a done arrangement and i was just there looking frosh and lit...i still feel sorry for Ella and some other good girls like that..i still keep my cool till now...WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS

Irony at its peak grin tongue
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Ok.
Hmmm thats nice

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

Hmmm thats nice

You and who?? Ta!
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
wow am so loving this group... 101 wit introverts like me
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

You and who?? Ta!
You just made me laugh right now seriously grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Auchipoly 2015/2016 Post Utme Result/admission Is O / When Will This Year's Waec Result Be Out / Ex-Enugu Chief Of Staff, Nwobodo, Receives Honorary Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.