Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See (7160 Views)

Five Reasons Why People Fail In Life (number 5 Will Shock You) / Most People Don't Know That These Words Exist. / ‘Same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

You just made me laugh right now seriously grin

grin.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lamasta(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

grin.
You are proving to me that you are an introvert but I no wan believe cos I know you can be friendly
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

You are proving to me that you are an introvert but I no wan believe cos I know you can be friendly

Lol
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by mabea: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
proffmykey:
Thanks OP...I am an introvert also but one thing is that i am free and outspoken with the right people,i.e.people i am use to;you can't say i am an introvert among my people but the problem is that i don't talk to strangers;it hard for me to make friends with people i don't know or have something that will bring us together unless something or a situation prompt our friendship,i find it difficult to make friends but i observed that such attitude help me in selecting good friends and not random friends......Also being an introvert makes it difficult to talk to girls but it has being diminishing to great length because i have some close female friends and also i have never be in a relationship.
Hmmm...... Me aptly described.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by abeliver: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
marvelphysics:
wow am so loving this group... 101 wit introverts like me

hehehe....see as class room don full
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by yunglegend99(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
proffmykey:
You are correct
thank you

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Petersamuel8(m): 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nice one, I'm also an introvert, I prefer to be alone and it really helped me a lot. Only few friends I relate to really understand my worth
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by babyfaceafrica: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Most is saying, you described me? Introverts know themselves and will be fine eventually... The beginning is always rough.. With introverts there will always be a way

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by kingbee90: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
chingle5:

OP what u need to understand is being introvert doesn't mean the person is shy, shy is a social anxiety ..... Introvert has to do with the kind of traits you choose to display at any given time ... One thing I know and I strongly believe is that introvert really underestimate themselves ... Introverts in all given situation may think that they cant do this they can't do that but given the situation will do more and even do better even surprising themselves ...... They are like wisemen who alway think that they are not wise ..... So forget dont try to change who you are and only focus on your strength and weakness one of the greatest weakness of an introvert is the loop trap which many of us find ourselves in .... Always playing things in our head multiple times because we over analysis things which sometimes led into a indefinite loop

I totally agree with your last paragraph bro.
Introverts always over analyse & read meaning to everything. Well, that has more advantages and less disadvantages though.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Karleb(m): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
kingbee90:

Introverts always over analyse & read meaning to everything. Well, that has more advantages and less disadvantages though.

It has more disadvantages. When you think about things too much, you might end up thinking yourself out doing it.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by vickydankal(f): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2020
dahgifted:
No i am myself cool

Then you must be I
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by dahgifted(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
vickydankal:

Then you must be I
I doubt.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by kingbee90: 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Karleb:

It has more disadvantages. When you think about things too much, you might end up thinking yourself out doing it.

It has some cool advantages though because by overanalyzing things before making a decision, you avoid making some careless mistakes.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Muna4real(f): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Well written. My story is a very sad one. I'm an introvert, but I didn't know that I was an introvert until I got to the University. Growing up was hell. This was because I experienced very very bad emotional abuse as a child. It was so bad that I cried every night and prayed to die. I ran away from home about 5 times but usually came back before nightfall because I was scared of the dark. Everyone thought that I had a problem when I choose to be alone and my parents especially my dad would beat and insult my every being because of my nature. I was never happy during my childhood days. I can't go into details here because it's a very long story. Anyways, I have accepted who I am and I'm moving on with my life.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by chingle5(m): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
kingbee90:

Well in some situation it might b an advantage while in some situation whr one is just suppose to go with the flow might b a disadvantage
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by DayDreamer05(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
dahgifted:
Nice write up 0p, Am an introvert and am experiencing such.... i always retract what i wanted to say due to shyness, People mistook me for a misogynist as I don't have any female friends, am always avoiding them too, i got lot of female ladies crushing on me including young married ladies. I can't keep and maintain eye contact with ladies and i can't stand a crowd.I'm good in typing but mediocre in speaking English and that my top priority now, to speak english fluently hence needing me to converse with people more, but sadly people currently within my vicinity aren't that good speaking english, am a way better than them. I just hope they reopen schools so i can converse more with course mates.
The above traits defines me. I can't wait for school reopening.

Being an introvert comes with its own merits, you just have to define your innerself and know what works for you.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by DayDreamer05(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
yunglegend99:
When i was in primary 5, i was one of the maths teacher's favourite pupil because i was good in it i payed attention when he teaches.
so one day while he was teaching he started asking the class questions, people would normally raise their hands to answer but me i was just there looking at him or looking around, not that i dont know the answer but i prefered not to raise my hand or speak until i was ask directly. He notice this about me anytime he asked questions.
so one day he said to the class we have two types of personality the extrovert and the introvert, he pointed at me smilling this boy is an example of an introvert. I never knew what he meant but i cared less about.
i was very ok, i had no issue the way i was until people start telling me "this boy you are too quiet", "this boy doesn't talk to anyboy, he always keep to himself and stay alone all the time"
As i gree older the more it gets worse "ahh god forbid this boy too dey shame" ..... To be continued in the coment section...
Guy, how am I not sure you aren't my lost twin. I'm an introvert too and I would love to Pm you.

You WhatsApp??
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Slimzybeey: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
yunglegend99:
I always tell people "No one is born an introvert or extrovert" it all started from childhood(from age 0 to atleast 10) your personality has already developed. It is as a result of the people around you, the way they relate with you, the kind of environment you grew up from will have alot of impact on your personality. Introversion usually starts from an unhappy child, a child whose needs were not been met especially needs of love, care and attention. A child who is constantly critisized may end been an introvert, the child may feel unworthy of love especially if these word were coming from their parents or guardians. As a child we believe whatever we are told, so constantly critisizing a child, using harsh words and abuses the child starts to see himself that way. That is the begining of low self esteem, anxiety and shyness which will definitely lead to introversion even if the individual tries to change
I can't agree less..I am a very good example of this. I grew up with my step mom and Dad.. My step mom finds fault virtually in everything I do, always criticizing I and my siblings and my Dad is the busy type not always around.It really has effect on me now that I have low self esteem, lack self confidence and of course it affected my relationship with people right from secondary school to tertiary institution days..So many times I have tried to withdraw myself from the traits that introverts exhibits but I just can't. I really wish and hope I can change and relate with people more often.. And of course I forgot to add that I have constantly been dealing with anxiety disorder..
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by tanichris(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
chingle5:
OP really did justice to the topic ... Really explain it ... Well me too I display more of the introvert traits , always trying to maintain my lane.... Dey ur dey make I dey my dey .... I don't go and be looking for attention it is quite the opposite ...... I don't go about talking to people unless there is something that warranted the issue in the first place ..... I attended lecture just 20 time the whole semester coz one I don't even understand anything, the students are too much, to me it is waste of time I prefer reading on my own and I still end up passing mostly average sha ..... I am always lost in my thoughts ....... I can engage in conversation and flow only if it is been started by another person .......... I can stay indoor and I will not be bored ..... I will say diz, introverts are highly and very observant , they are good listeners , they are highly altruistic bt people see them as proud , arrogant ,painting unknown pictures abt them , introvert highly cherish friendship and if you happen to have one as friend, you have an ally for life coz they prefer no friends at all than toxic friends ..... Well bt side hv advantage and disadvantage...... Most introverts hv dis special ability [/b]or power like a mind freak or manipulator that is why villains are usual attributed that particular trait , their observation giv them clue abt things making them best judge or assertion of situations or opinions... There is more bt it is better to develop both side even though we exhibit more of one side than the other

I can relate with that. My childhood days was spent listening to older folks and watching facial expressions so I can tell when someone is lying. I know those friends that will last so I don't give too much face to most people, making me look like a snub.

My advice is... Be yourself. If you must change, change for yourself.
I think extroverts are self-centred. They be like, smile a little, laugh sometimes, why you always quiet. They want all the aforementioned but ain't ready to do the one thing you want from them 'just understand me'
Me! Am an [b]anbivert

I think this whole thing is a stage(levels) I mastered mine.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by tanichris(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
chingle5:

OP what u need to understand is being introvert doesn't mean the person is shy, shy is a social anxiety ..... Introvert has to do with the kind of traits you choose to display at any given time ... One thing I know and I strongly believe is that introvert really underestimate themselves ... Introverts in all given situation may think that they cant do this they can't do that but given the situation will do more and even do better even surprising themselves ...... They are like wisemen who alway think that they are not wise ..... So forget dont try to change who you are and only focus on your strength and weakness one of the greatest weakness of an introvert is the loop trap which many of us find ourselves in .... Always playing things in our head multiple times because we over analysis things which sometimes led into a indefinite loop

We are the Dr. Strange of our time grin
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by chariisGRACE(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Same here, been an introvert is the best way of life. I love it, no unecessary useless friends, no noise, no foes but just me in my quite world. I never wish to change even in my next life. I won't exchange words with offenders but I will show you attitude you may regret or fight you when it becomes necessary perhaps taking advantage of my quietness like am a fool. I may pardon pardon for their wrongs but will never forget, and when I hate people there's no going back. I don't flirt my pictures on social media. unecessary discussion bores me. cheesy when I was tender I had serious issues with my brothers cos of numerous friends they brought home cos i always want to me alone or don't just like too much noise, their friends found me difficult or thoughts I hated them my sister friends didn't like visiting when am at home, they visited when am not around but left immediately I return, they thought as well I hated them but no they were beautiful chics I wish I could toast but shy away. My mum always proud of me cos I am her carbon copy, but my dad was always nacking cos he thought I was too slow. My close friends were the ones who toast babe for me in my early days.

Been an introvert is fun and I pray to have children and partner like myself cos I can't withstand too much unecessary noise in the name of conversation.

I swear, this is me.
I so much love me being an introvert.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Shellsploit: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
proffmykey:
Thanks OP...I am an introvert also but one thing is that i am free and outspoken with the right people,i.e.people i am use to;you can't say i am an introvert among my people but the problem is that i don't talk to strangers;it hard for me to make friends with people i don't know or have something that will bring us together unless something or a situation prompt our friendship,i find it difficult to make friends but i observed that such attitude help me in selecting good friends and not random friends......Also being an introvert makes it difficult to talk to girls but it has being diminishing to great length because i have some close female friends and also i have never be in a relationship.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Shellsploit: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
proffmykey:

Seems we are both in the same shoe.
A certified introvert!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by qwertyboss(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
Join the telegram channel for introverts in Nigeria...

@we_are_introverts
t dot me/we_are_introverts
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by yunglegend99(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
Slimzybeey:

I can't agree less..I am a very good example of this. I grew up with my step mom and Dad.. My step mom finds fault virtually in everything I do, always criticizing I and my siblings and my Dad is the busy type not always around.It really has effect on me now that I have low self esteem, lack self confidence and of course it affected my relationship with people right from secondary school to tertiary institution days..So many times I have tried to withdraw myself from the traits that introverts exhibits but I just can't. I really wish and hope I can change and relate with people more often.. And of course I forgot to add that I have constantly been dealing with anxiety disorder..
i feel so bad we have to go through this, if only parents will know the effect of destructive critizism they wouldnt use it on their child. I am a victim so i knew how bad it is i wouldnt wish that for anybody or do it to anyone.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by yunglegend99(m): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
Slimzybeey:

I can't agree less..I am a very good example of this. I grew up with my step mom and Dad.. My step mom finds fault virtually in everything I do, always criticizing I and my siblings and my Dad is the busy type not always around.It really has effect on me now that I have low self esteem, lack self confidence and of course it affected my relationship with people right from secondary school to tertiary institution days..So many times I have tried to withdraw myself from the traits that introverts exhibits but I just can't. I really wish and..
Brian tracy in his book "change your thinking change your life" talked about it, he said he made a promise to his children that they will never get in trouble with him for telling the truth, so whenever they did something bad he would simply ask what did you learn without judging or critisizing them, that way they learn they could always tell the truth without getting into trouble and they liked it

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol .. I'm telling you. We (introverts) can be soooo like that grin grin.
u intro.... Lialia, are u sure?
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by yunglegend99(m): 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
DayDreamer05:

Guy, how am I not sure you aren't my lost twin. I'm an introvert too and I would love to Pm you.

You WhatsApp??
I lost my phone with my whatsapp number, so for now am not on whatsapp but u can send me a mail here @ dgoodluck40@gmail.com
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
Volkswagen90:
u intro.... Lialia, are u sure?

Sure as the air I breathe.
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lady16:
This me,have changed my watsapp number several times in other for people not get in touch with me,I can be indoor for many days without people awareness,it really affecting me but I don't know how to go about it
Kemimarch16 is that u?
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Sure as the air I breathe.
o ya let me be taking u out, me too is intro/extro.. Na 2in1,but i do flex anytime i hold money,
Re: The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See by Lady16(f): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Volkswagen90:
Kemimarch16 is that u?
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Current Names Of The 27th Local Government Chairman Of Imo State / Studying Abroad is not as Expensive as you think / Uniport Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.