Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? (15700 Views)

Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) / Catholic Priest Suspended For Rapping In Church / Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Akube1z: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2020
Offpoint:
Description of David dance please...
And David danced to God with all his might .
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by MsAllison(f): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Get behind me, devil incarn8
will you marry me my love kiss
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by oluwafynest(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2020
chiommy123:
any music, dance etc that doesn't humble you, bring you closer to God, its not for your spiritual growth

Jesus cousin, do you mind telling us the kind of music and dance that can humble and bring us closer to God kos am sure if someone plays you the kind of music they played during Jesus time on Earth,u will curse that person
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Godsknight(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2020
Johnny4President:
Do not luv d things of d world and be conformed to it.

The things that unbelievers live for are temporary and it can all b gone faster than a lighting strike. Live for CHRIST. Stop trying to fit in!!

Don't act how ppl of this world act, but instead be an IMITATOR of CHRIST and spread the gospel so others can one day go their HEAVENLY HOME.

1 John 4:5

1 John 2: 15-17

John 15:19

Ephesians 6:12
Rap is a genre of music. What is more important is the content of the music - the message in music. I think best means to reach the younger generation through music is rap music because what turns on young people completely turns older generation off. But for break dance in the church, I don't subscribe to that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by ISRAELIGHTE(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2020
So, what happens to those who can only be reached with the gospel through rap songs because they love rap songs? I mean, I met Christ through a rap song , it was not even Gospel rap (Kendrick Lamar—Sing about me dieing of thirst) kendrick had me saying the pertinent prayer at the end of that record, and I did it with all my heart.... And Christ picked me up from there.. matter of fact, a secular rapper drew me close to God, not a pastor or some brother or sister ..

It's all about soul winning... Some folks will never listen to you preach, but they can tolerate you rap.. how best can you reach out to those folks? And likewise some break dancing loving folks "A faithful witness delivereth souls".

If we as the church say Rap is trash and break dancing is trash, then I am afraid we will loose the rap and break-dance loving populace to the kingdom of Hell.

Last last "1 Corinthians 10:31 KJV
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" whether you rap or break dance do it to the glory of God. You can never tell how your kingdom minutest input can yield great fruit.

"We know in part" ICor 13:9

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Yngson25(m): 9:45am On Aug 23, 2020
I love some stuff about this write-up but you're just trying to mis explain this things. What makes rap and break dance a sin? You know, it's beyond religion and we're suppose not to be religious.
Johnny4President:
Do not luv d things of d world and be conformed to it.

The things that unbelievers live for are temporary and it can all b gone faster than a lighting strike. Live for CHRIST. Stop trying to fit in!!

Don't act how ppl of this world act, but instead be an IMITATOR of CHRIST and spread the gospel so others can one day go their HEAVENLY HOME.

1 John 4:5

1 John 2: 15-17

John 15:19

Ephesians 6:12
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by alllivesmatter(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2020
In everything that you do especially in Church, Modesty is key. Nothing is wrong with rapping or break dancing in church.

However, abstractcommon sense should tell you that there's a thin line (or a wide gap or whatever abeggg) between praising God and entertaining Man.

Savvy??
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Offpoint: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2020
Akube1z:
What kind of dance moves was it?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by HMarshal(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2020
Queenlovely:
maybe

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.
Warren Buffett

religion is a simple thing but all these over analyser is killing the fun.

when people nod eagerly when I lecture sometimes in church, I just point randomly and ask for summary of what they understand, they just give a stupid reversal of your main points.

Fun u say? SMH.

Let's be realistic, development & advancement has impacted areas it actually suldnt.
In the bibical era,it was all Stone age,less distractions & so solemnity can be said to be the ground where God works often B4 he answers & praise is sang to him.

If we bring it to this age,the human mind detests boredom(Wich is a by product of solemnity ,hates &fears wat it can't understand.

How can u preach ppl will receive fininancial break Tru in a day or wat Eva sudden blessings without prepping ur mind for it.
Or is sin not the hinderance that restricts answering of prayers?

God made us in his image & likeness,so if I do something wrong to u,& I av a favour to ask u,am I not meant to first ask for ur forgiveness B4 asking it?

In a 1hour service,Tell me Wich church currently preaches confessing of sins for even 20mins?

It's all fire,brime stone on mostly,non existent enemies,Wich might even be yourself cos u might be the reason u ain't where u meant to be.
& Gospel of sure prosperity & sudden wealth.

Churches are turning to fun houses now,cos humans think solemnity is depressing & boring.the house of God is not meant to be even 80% fun thats y ppl don't FEAR GOD in anyway,cos they are made to belive he is like a switch, immediately u ask itld be given.
& there's break dancing,twerking & waist rolling in the church.

But then in our hearts we all know wat is right,it's just that the right is mostly very boring,depressing,& non profitable in anyway.
It's all a by product of human advancement.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by semyman: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2020
Extortion is a worse sin than those
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 23, 2020
If this was how the Fathers of faith in the old handled Christianity, by now it would have gone into extinction.
Anything that cannot lead to the advancement of the Kingdom should not be welcomed in the church.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by noblebright(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2020
Wow! A lot of opinions here

The truth is for us to trust our heart and do what is right before God, for if we are truly the sons and daughters of the only living God then we will all know what is right in the presence of our father and do that which pleases him through the help of the Holly Spirit which is in us
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by ISRAELIGHTE(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2020
TROLL11:
i have bleeped a pastors wife in church before after chior practice

Are you trying to feed your ego?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2020
I just hope a time won't come that people will say cuddling, strip dancing etc in the church isn't bad. All is entertainment

Oh Lord we cry that you send down revival fire and genuine hunger for You only back to your church.

River flow (2x)
Let eternal river flow in your church once again
Let eternity be seen.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by alBHAGDADI: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2020
Joshmodest:

A portion of the scriptures in Deuteronomy advised us to buy alcoholic beverage and bring it to church and celebrate in presence of Yahweh !!!
How did drinking profit those in the church then maybe you should ask the writers of Deuteronomy , or maybe you are more biblical and informed than the insane men who wrote that scripture ...
I'm not a Christian nor a Muslim , but I think you Nigerians are too extreme in your fanaticism...
I need an exact scripture that tells people not to break dance or rap , not a misquoted verse saying things of the flesh bla bla ...

That part of the Bible didn't tell people to drink alcohol. Or can you point to a verse that said such? No you can't. But I can show you tonnes of verses against drinking alcohol.

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Yes, the above verse says they should bring straight ng drink and other things to the temple, but does it say they should drink it? No.

The alcohol they were told to bring to the temple is not for them to drink. The priest uses it for drink offering to God. See the link below to see lots of verses about alcohol used for drink offering.

Exodus 29:41
The other lamb you shall offer at twilight, and shall offer with it the same grain offering and the same drink offering as in the morning, for a soothing aroma, an offering by fire to the LORD .

Numbers 6:17
He shall also offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD , together with the basket of unleavened cakes; the priest shall likewise offer its grain offering and its drink offering.

Numbers 28:7-8
Then the drink offering with it shall be a fourth of a hin for each lamb, in the holy place you shall pour out a drink offering of strong drink to the LORD . The other lamb you shall offer at twilight; as the grain offering of the morning and as its drink offering, you shall offer it, an offering by fire, a soothing aroma to the LORD .

What is left of what has been sacrificed to God is then eaten in a feast by everyone present.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Drink-Offering
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 23, 2020
MsAllison:
will you marry me my love kiss
Ain't a gay
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by HMarshal(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2020
Akube1z:

The bible is subject to perspective,see the way u just quoted the part that suits u.

Wat event(s) lead up to his dance?
Do u consider God has a special chosen ppl

Do u think u can sacrifice or do half of wat David did to be counted worthy
How earnestly do u try to keep half of his commandments
If u knew the truth of his plan for u will u even accept it
How many of his deciples died rich

We dance to him on Sundays & break all his commandments Mon -sat.

Anyways it's all a byproduct of human advancement,no body likes solemnity,cos it brings boredome & depression,we all know God is found more in solemnity that noices.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2020
Kalatium:
While growing up i only knew of secular rappers and break dancers. Until the emergence of gospel rappers like Lecrae, Trip Lee, Da truth, Flame etc. Afterwards my Neighborhood was saturated with gospel rappers.

Now in churches anytime there is concert break dancers and gospel rappers are invited especially in youth programs. However i noticed only youths were interested in it but the older generation were kicking against it including our former pastor.

Our former pastor vehemently comdemn rapping and break dancing, he doesn’t give us the liberty to dance in church.

With the coming of our new pastor, gospel rappers and break dancers are being encouraged.

I am perplexed, why did our former pastor and older generation condemn? it is it a sin?

What's the origin of rap and break-dancing?
Where did they come from?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Akube1z: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2020
HMarshal:

The bible is subject to perspective,see the way u just quoted the part that suits u.

Wat event(s) lead up to his dance?
Do u consider God has a special chosen ppl

Do u think u can sacrifice or do half of wat David did to be counted worthy
How earnestly do u try to keep half of his commandments
If u knew the truth of his plan for u will u even accept it
How many of his deciples died rich

We dance to him on Sundays & break all his commandments Mon -sat.

Anyways it's all a byproduct of human advancement,no body likes solemnity,cos it brings boredome & depression,we all know God is found more in solemnity that noices.

true . that is why we must do all the best to please God . We are not worthy like David. all we pray for is for Grace, Mercy and Power of God to overcome.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by antifat(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
DID JESUS BREAKDANCE AND RAP?
YOU'RE SINNING IF YOU'RE DOING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT "CHRIST-LIKE".

Did Jesus enter Aeroplane?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by antifat(m): 10:12am On Aug 23, 2020
gideonite98:
I really don't know about rap but some dance steps are not for the lord and especially when you're in the church.
It's like you decide to dance skelewu,zanku,those marlians dance steps etc in the church and you're saying nothing is wrong with it and break dance is used in hip hops (I was a dancer back then and you learn stuffs like that in hip hops especially foreign ones).
So I personally don't do some dance steps in church or in public set but I listen to lecrae raps.

For the lady saying you can twerk in church please you really need to change your church if twerking is allowed.

Peace
Happy Sunday.

What about dancing like David and going naked . Is that permitted in the church?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by HMarshal(m): 10:15am On Aug 23, 2020
Akube1z:

true . that is why we must do all the best to please God . We are not worthy like David. all we pray for is for Grace, Mercy and Power of God to overcome.

Correct

1 Like

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by MsAllison(f): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Ain't a gay
shocked
is that how to treat a lady?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2020
MsAllison:
shocked is that how to treat a lady?
I know a lady if I see one.. U r a man
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Betterperson001(m): 10:29am On Aug 23, 2020
Queenlovely:
maybe

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.
Warren Buffett

when people nod eagerly when I lecture sometimes in church, I just point randomly and ask for summary of what they understand, they just give a stupid reversal of your main points.

I believe that is how Jesus feels sometimes
Your last sentence sha grin
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by MsAllison(f): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2020
Pimpmaride:

I know a lady if I see one.. U r a man
angry
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Aladdin1(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2020
MsAllison:
bloody sinful.

But unfortunately the church is not what it's used to be before.

There are supposed to be morals and decorum in the house of God yet these business centers called churches do anything they like and term it radical for Jesus
the next thing is they'll tell you how David danced in the bible as if they were there.

These new generations have made the church so carnal that they now entertain their members with worldly musicians that sang anything they want and insert God's name in it calling it Christian music.

Very soon Naira Marley will sing a song and insert God in it and watch out as one church invites him to perform on Sunday.

Rubbish business centers
that's why I'm so indifferent in this CAMA stuff
So true!.worldliness has crept into the church.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by UKkev: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Not wrong!

One can even twerk

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2020
Queenlovely:
maybe

Warren Buffett

I believe that is how Jesus feels sometimes
That warren buffet wisdom ehn! Its' like he smoke some grass that literally and actually grew on king solomons grave
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by siddique07: 10:43am On Aug 23, 2020
Maybe cuz the former pastors understands that singing and dancing attracts evil thought

Ah mean how will u be touching another woman's waist all in the name of serving God

My thoughts though lipsrsealed
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Excallibur(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2020
I believe music and dance to be a part of people's culture. How can someone claim one's culture is more appealing to God than another's if we are all created equally in God's image
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Missyajoke(f): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2020
Happy Sunday everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th / Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.