Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? (15702 Views)

Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) / Catholic Priest Suspended For Rapping In Church / Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by bptc10: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2020
Nonsense talk, so dancing brake dance is now a sin, this is how you guys a trying to misuse the holy book, you need medication.
Johnny4President:
Do not luv d things of d world and be conformed to it.

The things that unbelievers live for are temporary and it can all b gone faster than a lighting strike. Live for CHRIST. Stop trying to fit in!!

Don't act how ppl of this world act, but instead be an IMITATOR of CHRIST and spread the gospel so others can one day go their HEAVENLY HOME.

1 John 4:5

1 John 2: 15-17

John 15:19

Ephesians 6:12
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by SmartPolician: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2020
Joshmodest:
if its not in your bible don't call it a sin except you've become God ...
And don't twist or misinterpret words to favour your points !

I pity you and those who liked this post

I'm sure the time the time the Bible was written people were already break dancing and rapping

As far as I am concerned, those are things of the world and must not find its way into the Church of Christ
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Saltzman00: 10:52am On Aug 23, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
DID JESUS BREAKDANCE AND RAP?
YOU'RE SINNING IF YOU'RE DOING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT "CHRIST-LIKE".
did jesus have sex or flew in private jets or limousines. ..nonsense talks...krik franklyn and so many of them shouldn't be a pastors now...awon set na me know God pass mtcheeeww
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Saltzman00: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2020
Godsknight:
Rap is a genre of music. What is more important is the content of the music - the message in music. I think best means to reach the younger generation through music is rap music because what turns on young people completely turns older generation off. But for break dance in the church, I don't subscribe to that.
break dance is also a form of dance with a name attached to it just like any other dance we know and dont know...as far as ur heart and soul dances to glorify God who are u mere mortals to jugde..God!!!
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by bptc10: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by bptc10: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2020
You will be the first to end up in hell fire if that is the way you reason about God, do you know David the man after God's heart and what he stand for?, Live your life and don't talk about people because as it stands now you are not sure where you will end up whether in heaven or hell fire
SmartPolician:

I pity you and those who liked this post

I'm sure the time the time the Bible was written people were already break dancing and rapping

As far as I am concerned, those are things of the world and must not find its way into the Church of Christ
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by orisa37: 11:03am On Aug 23, 2020
No.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by bptc10: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2020
And the brake dancer is dancing with his or her what?, Rubbish statement
Akube1z:

And David danced to God with all his might .

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Joshmodest(m): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

That part of the Bible didn't tell people to drink alcohol. Or can you point to a verse that said such? No you can't. But I can show you tonnes of verses against drinking alcohol.

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Yes, the above verse says they should bring straight ng drink and other things to the temple, but does it say they should drink it? No.

The alcohol they were told to bring to the temple is not for them to drink. The priest uses it for drink offering to God. See the link below to see lots of verses about alcohol used for drink offering.

Exodus 29:41
The other lamb you shall offer at twilight, and shall offer with it the same grain offering and the same drink offering as in the morning, for a soothing aroma, an offering by fire to the LORD .

Numbers 6:17
He shall also offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD , together with the basket of unleavened cakes; the priest shall likewise offer its grain offering and its drink offering.

Numbers 28:7-8
Then the drink offering with it shall be a fourth of a hin for each lamb, in the holy place you shall pour out a drink offering of strong drink to the LORD . The other lamb you shall offer at twilight; as the grain offering of the morning and as its drink offering, you shall offer it, an offering by fire, a soothing aroma to the LORD .

What is left of what has been sacrificed to God is then eaten in a feast by everyone present.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Drink-Offering
After your first two paragraphs I didn't read the rest , cos I discovered you are a very hilarious clown ...
They should bring strong drink to the house and use it to wash their hands or bath or wash the pulpit or what exactly were they suppose to do with it since you know something we don't ...
Mr man venture into comedy , you have a career in jokes telling !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by professore(m): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2020
Kalatium:
While growing up i only knew of secular rappers and break dancers. Until the emergence of gospel rappers like Lecrae, Trip Lee, Da truth, Flame etc. Afterwards my Neighborhood was saturated with gospel rappers.

Now in churches anytime there is concert break dancers and gospel rappers are invited especially in youth programs. However i noticed only youths were interested in it but the older generation were kicking against it including our former pastor.

Our former pastor vehemently comdemn rapping and break dancing, he doesn’t give us the liberty to dance in church.

With the coming of our new pastor, gospel rappers and break dancers are being encouraged.

I am perplexed, why did our former pastor and older generation condemn? it is it a sin?
It looks somehow. They should stop it.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Sleekfingers: 11:28am On Aug 23, 2020
Nigerian youths... I shake my head....in the this 21st century una still dey reason like this?
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Aghaclem67: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2020
grin grin grin Did Christ marry? Why marry? Did Christ own a car? Why struggle to own a car? Did Christ own a house? Why struggle to own a house? Did Christ wear trousers? Did Christ eat noddles?etc. grin grin grin
CAPSLOCKED:
DID JESUS BREAKDANCE AND RAP?
YOU'RE SINNING IF YOU'RE DOING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT "CHRIST-LIKE".
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by SmartPolician: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2020
bptc10:
You will be the first to end up in hell fire if that is the way you reason about God, do you know David the man after God's heart and what he stand for?, Live your life and don't talk about people because as it stands now you are not sure where you will end up whether in heaven or hell fire

Keep break dancing and be comparing yourself with David

Just continue
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Deborah98(f): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2020
I don't know for break dance,but some musicians rap Christian songs which are pleasant to listen,Sha it depends
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2020
Break dance shouldn't be banned,only seductive dances like twerking should be. When the spirit of the Lord is upon my soul,I will dance like David danced. Av been wondering exactly how David danced ever since.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Akube1z: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2020
bptc10:
And the brake dancer is dancing with his or her what?, Rubbish statement
brake dance is of the world. when you dance to God , you dance with joy filled in your heart and you express the joy in your dance to God. I. can't condemn brake dance because I can't judge.

in everything we do. we are not righteous and we have not please Him . We pray for His Grace, Mercy and power to overcome.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Mywd: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Christians and their wahala!

All these troubles for a God that probably does not exist

Abeg make anybody do anything wey hin like and stop disturbing the peace here grin grin

If you like break, if you like nor break nah you sabi

When I dey Unilorin, for campus all those new generation churces dey break wella nah grin carry hip-hop enter church sef grin

The thing dey sweet to watch

What does my agnostic mind know, na to just dey smoke SK anyday anytime everyday twice on weekdays including weekends grin grin grin

And it is good for you ehn??
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Mywd: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2020
Aghaclem67:
grin grin grin Did Christ marry? Why marry? Did Christ own a car? Why struggle to own a car? Did Christ own a house? Why struggle to own a house? Did Christ wear trousers? Did Christ eat noddles?etc. grin grin grin

What a backward person u are grin
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Pupomoney: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Christians and their wahala!

All these troubles for a God that probably does not exist

Abeg make anybody do anything wey hin like and stop disturbing the peace here grin grin

If you like break, if you like nor break nah you sabi

When I dey Unilorin, for campus all those new generation churces dey break wella nah grin carry hip-hop enter church sef grin

The thing dey sweet to watch

What does my agnostic mind know, na to just dey smoke SK anyday anytime everyday twice on weekdays including weekends grin grin grin

My Unilorin padi
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Evangjerry: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2020
Galatians 5:16-22, reading this you will see that some ways of dancing such as break dance,shaku-shaku etc are sin since they are not in accordance to d Holy Spirit
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by SmartyPants(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

They are things of the flesh and do not glorify God. The pastors who allow such in church are using it as a form of entertainment to keep the people in Church. Such a church is not a saved church but filled with pseudo-christians.

True Christians go to church to hear the word of God. Fake Christians don't like the word of God. The thing that keeps them in church is entertainment. Pastorpreneurs understand this, so they use a lot of entertainment which includes drama, comedy and celebrities to keep them in church until they part with their money. It's all about the Benjamins.

In the Bible, Jesus advised us to go after his word and not fleshy things which does not profit.

John 6:63 KJV
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

How does break dance and rapping profit people in Church? It doesn't do more than tickle them and appeal to their fleshy desire. It reminds them of the gig and night clubs they attended on Friday.

Gospel rap is not really for the gathering of the believers in the Church. I feel it's more of evangelism and personal edification. I hold this opinion because most times its very hard to hear what rappers are saying when they perform, so many people tend to respond merely to the music. However, depending on who you listen to, there are may be powerful messages that edify.

Note that rap is nothing but a tool and it's usefulness in the Kingdom depends on the heart and consecration of the worker.

Never forget that Paul said "I became all things to all men in order that I might win some"
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
chiommy123:
lol @ divine beer for boys btw I was very careful not to say it is a sin. I only said it doesn't encourage spiritual growth. God bless

Quote no more.. Your previous post coupled with this holds the key of this thread already.. You gave a perfect clue to the answer harmlessly without poking or condemning... Its like telling a drunkard sinner "Hey! Quit drinking alcohol, it is harmful to your health while explaining to him the negative effects and dangerous consequences than to call it a sin with unexplainable things of the spirit."

-God bless you more..
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Taiwojon(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
sinful don't bring the world to the church
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Aledze: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
We shouldn't do the work of God, allow God to judge pls.
It's all depends on the state of your mind (the dancer or the rapper).
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
You saw him when he danced? What lies within is often manifest without for all to see.
Matrimonous:
To me, what matters most is the state of the mind rather than dancing steps.
King David really danced crazily at a point in his walk with God and it wasn't sinful.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by DeMoneyGenius: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Let me just start reading comments.
It's gonna be very interesting.

Meanwhile, if making $1000 with 1 - months sounds good to you, join me let's go gramming!

All you need is an internet enabled phone and a Gmail account.

Follow the link on my signature.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Yeah, The joy of the Lord within and the excitement can manifest as breakdance if that's what the celebrant knows to do best
Bodydialect57:
You saw him when he danced? What lies within is often manifested without for all to see.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
THE WORLD IS IN SODOM CONDITION AND THE CHURCH THAT WAS RAISED UP TO DELIVER THE WORLD FROM SIN HAS LONG GONE INTO SODOM WITH THE WORLD.
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Dpsychologist: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Kalatium:
While growing up i only knew of secular rappers and break dancers. Until the emergence of gospel rappers like Lecrae, Trip Lee, Da truth, Flame etc. Afterwards my Neighborhood was saturated with gospel rappers.

Now in churches anytime there is concert break dancers and gospel rappers are invited especially in youth programs. However i noticed only youths were interested in it but the older generation were kicking against it including our former pastor.

Our former pastor vehemently comdemn rapping and break dancing, he doesn’t give us the liberty to dance in church.

With the coming of our new pastor, gospel rappers and break dancers are being encouraged.

I am perplexed, why did our former pastor and older generation condemn it? is it a sin?
Its Old generation thinking
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Dpsychologist: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
MsAllison:
bloody sinful.

But unfortunately the church is not what it's used to be before.

There are supposed to be morals and decorum in the house of God yet these business centers called churches do anything they like and term it radical for Jesus
the next thing is they'll tell you how David danced in the bible as if they were there.

These new generations have made the church so carnal that they now entertain their members with worldly musicians that sang anything they want and insert God's name in it calling it Christian music.

Very soon Naira Marley will sing a song and insert God in it and watch out as one church invites him to perform on Sunday.

Rubbish business centers
that's why I'm so indifferent in this CAMA stuff
I disagree with you
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by oranget(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
What fellowship hath darkness with light?
Why should it be Christians that emulate worldly things and not the other way round?
Rock n roll, Christian rock, rap and break dance are ungodly and should be discouraged among Christians
Re: Is Break Dance And Rapping In Church Sinful? by Kalatium(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
Tinyemeka:

What's the origin of rap and break-dancing? Where did they come from?
I wrote that already in my post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th / Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.