Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Marrying Down Or Marrying Up - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Down Or Marrying Up (2976 Views)

Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by saucecode(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Ybaby:

He is the slow type.
Like u & ur honey'm wit una imaginary companies bah? grin
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by saucecode(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2020
ImaIma1:

[s]Thanks for the heads up.

Though I figured it out when he concluded that I am the same person as tosinhtml[/s]
Mrs women dont marry down because women care abt not hurting a man's ego. cheesy tell dat 2 the chickens on animal farm

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
saucecode:

See this beautiful scripted nonsense,u think is only infants dat full nairaland bah. She says women dont marry down because they dont want to bruise guys ego, whu are you kidding wit this rubbish talk? . Women dont marry down simply because of self interest nd greed and wanting a better life than the one you were living as a single girl, simple and short!!!!!

Just look at how u re trying to paint one angelic model of women as people who are considering the ego of a man before dating him, well except you mean ego as in chuba ego billi billi

grin grin grin
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

A friend broke up with a modaforkar some few weeks back because the azzzhole told her she was down the ladder just because her job, which was virtual, was paying less than a 100k and he was earning 250k. The babe just got another job last week paying 245k and still retained her other job paying less than 100k. Mama got shot up the ladder above baba in less than 2months!

Moral, don't look at your ladder like that...you never know how much reshuffling can happen within the shortest timelines. So long as you found her good enough to date, ladders no longer count.

By the way, girls are still allowed to stay off broke azzzz boys o tongue tongue tongue tongue

How i wish you can tell that to your fellow ladies avoiding their level or going below.
@Op abeg marry your class, don't let anybody guilty trip you.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

I feel sorry for people with vain mindsets like yours.
It is easier for them to make costly mistakes in life.
The quality of a human being is not determined by the amount of things they possess, social class, outward look, level of education...
The quality of a human is determined by how rich and generous their soul is.

What impact has this person made in your life is what you should consider the most?
Go read the book of ecclesiastes, it might change your perception of life.

Lol, i believe this advice should be given mostly to ladies.
Who are more likely to drop their current spouse for abroad people? Ladies.
Who abandons their relationship or divorce incase of job loss to a spouse? Ladies
Who won't marry down most time? Ladies
Etc
I can go on more and more but won't

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
crackhaus:

Lol, and this is why there will always be gender inequality in some form, whether people like to admit it or not - that fight was lost way before it even began. grin

Just imagine if it was a woman up/man down situation on this thread, some of the preaching going on up there won't be happening.

grin
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Belafonte(m): 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

A friend broke up with a modaforkar some few weeks back because the azzzhole told her she was down the ladder just because her job, which was virtual, was paying less than a 100k and he was earning 250k. The babe just got another job last week paying 245k and still retained her other job paying less than 100k. Mama got shot up the ladder above baba in less than 2months!

Moral, don't look at your ladder like that...you never know how much reshuffling can happen within the shortest timelines. So long as you found her good enough to date, ladders no longer count.

By the way, girls are still allowed to stay off broke azzzz o tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Saintmary:

If you're concerned about social ladders, you are not in love, so, stop deceiving yourself and keep to that line, find a person that best suits your goals and leave that girl for her type joor.

And how come most women miraculously LOVE who are either their level or above and not below?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by crackhaus: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
emmaodet:

grin
My chief, I greet you cool
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
oweniwe:

Where is ladies dey see all those useless guys sef?

There are many humble, nice and hardworking guys out there... Why is it only egoistic, womanising, gold diggers una dey see?

Abi ooooo, my broda u sef see am
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by sisisioge: 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Belafonte:

grin grin grin

Oba o! grin grin grin
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by sisisioge: 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
emmaodet:

How i wish you can tell that to your fellow ladies avoiding their level or going below.
@Op abeg marry your class, don't let anybody guilty trip you.

Actually, we are somehow saying the same thing in different ways o.

1. If you find her attract enough to date regardless of her class, then marry her without asking about her position on the social ladder.

2. If a guy comes to you and you do not find him financially attractive enough to marry, biko dont date.

You see now? We are on the sane page fa grin
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
crackhaus:

My chief, I greet you cool

Heeyyyy broo, long time.
Wht happened?
Can we talk offline? I have something to ask
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
sisisioge:

Actually, we are somehow saying the same thing in different ways o.

1. If you find her attract enough to date regardless of her class, then marry her without asking about her position on the social ladder.

2. If a guy comes to you and you do not find him financially attractive enough to marry, biko dont date.

You see now? We are on the sane page fa grin

Well, i think so but sometimes, we date just for fun or sexx etc and not for marriage.
It is when such a relationship leads to marriage that we start asking questions.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Belafonte(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
sisisioge:

Oba o! grin grin grin

Eku 100 days o. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Gloriagee(f): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
Udontmean it. The hustle is real....

ImaIma1:

He did have issues. And he actually ended up secretely marrying a mentally challenged colleague from a very wealthy family.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by sisisioge: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
emmaodet:

Well, i think so but sometimes, we date just for fun or sexx etc and not for marriage.
It is when such a relationship leads to marriage that we start asking questions.

Well, that's why we should always put the cards on the table. Start with, aunty, I just wan use you rub ni o...FYI. That way,
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by crackhaus: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
emmaodet:

Heeyyyy broo, long time.
Wht happened?
Can we talk offline? I have something to ask
Sure, I just sent you a PM
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Mariangeles(f): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
kukusdot:

No, I don't feel I'm better than her. Some of your questions are not even questions because they have no real answers. "What is [my] substance?" That's not a question. You are just getting philosophical. What's your own substance, if I may ask?

It is a question that needs no answer but a reflection from you.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Mariangeles(f): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
emmaodet:

Lol, i believe this advice should be given mostly to ladies.
Who are more likely to drop their current spouse for abroad people? Ladies.
Who abandons their relationship or divorce incase of job loss to a spouse? Ladies
Who won't marry down most time? Ladies
Etc
I can go on more and more but won't

It should be for everyone. It is not applicable only to people of a certain gender as proven by the op
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Maneq: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Just saying.

If two guys now have refused entering your car. Maybe. Just maybe the problem is you.
Just saying tho.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by KevinDein: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
saucecode:

See this beautiful scripted nonsense,u think is only infants dat full nairaland bah. She says women dont marry down because they dont want to bruise guys ego, whu are you kidding wit this rubbish talk? . Women dont marry down simply because of self interest nd greed and wanting a better life than the one you were living as a single girl, simple and short!!!!!

Just look at how u re trying to paint one angelic model of women as people who are considering the ego of a man before dating him, well except you mean ego as in chuba ego billi billi
Women have an outstanding ability of lying to themselves and actually believing these lies. Unreal ability to do that, I tell you. Probably why they sound/look convincing when lying because they really really do believe those lies. grin

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

It should be for everyone. It is not applicable only to people of a certain gender as proven by the op
babbbyyyy kiss
I've missed you and at the sight of you my nkpulu amu is getting so excited cheesy
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
sisisioge:

Well, that's why we should always put the cards on the table. Start with, aunty, I just wan use you rub ni o...FYI. That way,

Most ladies won't agree if we open up to them.
Most ladies like guys lying/deceiving them.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
crackhaus:

Sure, I just sent you a PM

Ok bro, will check and revert back
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by emmaodet: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

Ok oo
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Raalsalghul: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

He is a real mordafucka, in fact!

I just hope she doesn't make the mistake of going back to him.

Ctrl + P!
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Raalsalghul: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Las las na Men V Women battle go happen for here.

Let me pitch my tent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Ctrl + P!

kiss kiss
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Saintmary(f): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
emmaodet:

And how come most women miraculously LOVE who are either their level or above and not below?
I'm not a researcher bros, please consult a sociologist.
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Ybaby: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
saucecode:

Like u & ur honey'm wit una imaginary companies bah? grin

grin grin grin No jor !
It is you, your mummy and your daddy and all your uncles and aunties and the king of your village are slow
Re: Marrying Down Or Marrying Up by Ybaby: 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
ImaIma1:

Thanks for the heads up.

Though I figured it out when he concluded that I am the same person as tosinhtml

My pleasure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex Education For Married Only / Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] / Parent When Your Child Displays This On Social Media(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.