Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Domestic Assault - Is This Ever Justified? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Assault - Is This Ever Justified? (196 Views)

Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? / Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention / Is It Justified Or Pure Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Assault - Is This Ever Justified? by nemynely(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2020
Let's take a look at this beating thing wella.
The media is rife with instances, latest being that of the Iginlas. Truth is, for every one that comes to the public domain, there are thousands shuffled under the carpet.

I have tried to wrap my head around a plausible justification for this uncivil display (except perhaps in the instances I alluded to in the succeeding premise) but I am yet to find any that effective communication cannot help resolve.

Perhaps, assault, domestic violence shares the same pedestal as a lingering tantrum, developmental stunting or retardation, all depicting the presence of an infant inhabiting an adult body.

Let's ponder on these premise:

A man is not referred to as a "Gentleman" for no reason.
Again, for some reason, the female is glowingly depicted as "lady, rose, sunshine, flower, etc" and for the religiously inclined, "the weaker sex"(I Peter 3:7).
Medically speaking, the man weighs more, has a higher basal metabolic rate, possesses heavier bones and comparatively larger muscle bulk than female counterparts of same age group.
Last but not the least, the monthly cycle females experience with its attendant rush of hormones can to a great extent account for the emotional lability they sometimes exhibit.

So my points are:

That the guy acts the gentleman by never hitting a lady - caveat: except when a female criminal or assassin accosts you.
That a lady who hits a man needs empathy and understanding in the first instance, then professional help for subsequent assaults.
That the guy who hits a lady, even in the first instance needs professional help. Why can't he take on a man his own size? This in itself is not right as wisdom is mightier than strength.
To all male apologists out there, I am not giving females a soft landing. Rather, I am only saying it as it is and should be.
To the feminine folk, please don't misconstrue the male gentility for cowardice.

So, people let me know your take while you enjoy your Sunday.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming The Feelings Of Depression / Which Educational Books Will You Recommend For Kids Below 9 Years Old? / Dream Meaning Of Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.