Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention (8428 Views)

Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? / What Are The Red Flags � You Can’t Overlook Regardless Of How You Like Someone / Is It Justified Or Pure Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Opeyemiextra(f): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2021
I had a discussion with someone recently and he was of the opinion that we can and should sometimes justify some bad behaviors as just our nature and evil as a form of defence.

According to him, some bad things can be justified especially when it's for one's defence.
I understand all humans have the capacity to commit evil given the right circumstances and evil people aren’t always evil in isolation but as a result of their circumstances.

But regardless, should we justify them?
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Kobojunkie: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
I had a discussion with someone recently and he was of the opinion that we can and should sometimes justify some bad behaviors as just our nature and evil as a form of defence.
Can you please help by providing some specific examples your friend may have used in trying to bolster his point? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

According to him, some bad things can be justified especially when it's for one's defence.
I understand all humans have the capacity to commit evil given the right circumstances and evil people aren’t always evil in isolation but as a result of their circumstances.

I agree with him...
Some supposed "evil" can be deemed "acceptable" depending on the circumstance...

Take for instance, we're told that killing a person in cold blood is bad, buh let's assume you were kidnapped and by some stroke of luck, your kidnappers forgot to lock the door, you courageously took the risk and peeped through the door, thinking of a way to escape... The sight that greets you from where you're peeping through is one of your kidnappers fast asleep on the chair, with his/her gun on the floor... Once again you summoned the courage and reach for his/her gun, hoping to use it as leverage to find your way out of their den, and just as youre about to leave after picking the gun, he/she wakes up and blocks the door...

You have two options, shoot him)her and escape or waste your time negotiating with him/her until his/her reenforcement arrives...

What would you do??

25 Likes

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
Favfables1:

I agree with him...
Some supposed "evil" can be deemed "acceptable" depending on the circumstance...

Take for instance, we're told that killing a person in cold blood is bad, buh let's assume you were kidnapped and by some stroke of luck, your kidnappers forgot to lock the door, you courageously took the risk and peeped through the door, thinking of a way to escape... The sight that greets you from where you're peeping through is one of your kidnappers fast asleep on the chair, with his/her gun on the floor... Once again you summoned the courage and reach for his/her gun, hoping to use it as leverage to find your way out of their den, and just as youre about to leave after picking the gun, he/she wakes up and blocks the door...

You have two options, shoot him)her and escape or waste your time negotiating with him/her until his/her reenforcement arrives...

What would you do??
.....You should have allowed the op to clear us on the type of circumstances he/ she meant.

As per what you said here,self defence has never been seen as evil even in a court of law.

39 Likes

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
.....1. You should have allowed the op to clear us on the type of circumstances he/ she meant.

2. As per what you said here,self defence has never been seen as evil even in a court of law.

1. Sorry sir cool

2. You see my point...
A person is killed and in one instance, it's called murder or manslaughter and in another instance, it's called self defense... But in both cases someone killed someone...

I believe that the term "evil" is circumstantial...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Favfables1:

1. Sorry sir cool

2. You see my point...
A person is killed and in one instance, it's called murder or manslaughter and in another instance, it's called self defense... But in both cases someone killed someone...

.....I agree but let's here from the op first.

He/she might not be going the same direction with you. Or don't you think so?

3 Likes

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
Favfables1:

You have still not made any valid point for everything in this world is based on the fact of "happenings" aka circumstances.

If it does not happen, then it would not be important

But when it happens, then we are called upon to ensure that the happening was a good happening and not an evil one, hence,

Favfables1:

Sorry sir cool

2. You see my point...

• murder for all unreasonable and just killings. (Evil)

• Just war, for reasonable killing (Judgement after due examination that no other laws were unreasonably violated eg, like a traveller attacked by bandits, he definitely has a right to kill them).

• Killing by reason of a death bringing agitation and aggression. (Judgment after due examination

Bet you did not know that there is The Law of Law Full Killing

"Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked" Exodus 23:7

Therefore, we have the right to kill the guilty, the wicked, the evil.and the unrighteous.

That is why Natural Justice, fraudulently called "jungle justice" is Justified!
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Dtruthspeaker: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

I bet you never heard this Word before,
"Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked" Exodus 23:7

Justification of an Act does not come from man, IT COMES FROM GOD.

AND WOULD NEVER EVER JUSTIFY ANY EVIL, which is why we all see that no matter how people have tried, it is impossible for evil to be justified.

Also, you are talking about "guilty mind" alias "mens rea" which refers to intention/motive, all of which have their respective places in grounding the guilt of an Accused or exculpating him, hence you are talking Criminal Law.
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Hathor5(f): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2021
Favfables1:

I agree with him...

What would you do??

Killing a person in cold blood and saving yourself are two different things. Defending yourself from your kidnappers is not evil so you would not need to justify any evil here.
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Acidosis(m): 9:49am On Nov 19, 2021
Everybody has that innate defence mechanism. It's the same reason we go to church to bind, cast, destroy and command evil doers to die even though we know that certain evil doers could be from within (family, workplace, neighborhood, etc.).

The way we deploy that innate defence mechanism is what makes the difference. You can go to jail for doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 19, 2021
Hathor5:

Killing a person in cold blood and saving yourself are two different things. Defending yourself from your kidnappers is not evil so you would not need to justify any evil here.

Did you actually take time to read and understand what I wrote before commenting? ((No offense))

I'm not justifying evil madam...
I'm saying that, an act in itself can be termed "good" or "evil" depending on the circumstance surrounding it...

Lemme use the instances you sited up there...

1. You kill a person in cold blood ((it's bad))

2. You kill a person to save yourself ((that's self-defense, and that's awk))

In both instances, you killed a person...
((Which I'm sure you have been told in church and by adults that it's bad, right??))

Buh in one case, it's "deemed" as an evil act and frowned upon ((cold blood murder)), buh in another case, you probably will be commended for it ((self-defense)) ...

Thus one can say, that an act termed "evil" is circumstantial ((dependent on circumstance))

I hope you get now??
And just before you come on my mention, please read it slowly this time...

4 Likes

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You have still not made any valid point for everything in this world is based on the fact of "happenings" aka circumstances.

If it does not happen, then it would not be important

But when it happens, then we are called upon to ensure that the happening was a good happening and not an evil one, hence,

murder for all unreasonable and just killings. (Evil)

• Just war, for reasonable killing (Judgement after due examination that no other laws were unreasonably violated eg, like a traveller attacked by bandits, he definitely has a right to kill them).

• Killing by reason of a death bringing agitation and aggression. (Judgment after due examination

Bet you did not know that there is The Law of Law Full Killing

Therefore, we have the right to kill the guilty, the wicked, the evil.and the unrighteous.

That is why Natural Justice, fraudulently called "jungle justice" is Justified!

grin grin grin
Kikikikikiki

You just illiterated my points...

The same scriptures that tells you, "thou shalt not kill" in exodus 20:13, then tells you in exodus 21:29 that "any man who's ox has a habit of maiming people and the man having been warned refuses to keep the ox in checked, that man should be killed"
It also says in exodus 22:2 "that if a thief be found stealing and he is struck and he dies, the one who struck isn't guilty"

So do you see that what we term "evil" is circumstantial ((ie based on circumstance))...

If all killings According to you is evil, why would God say that a man who killed another man isnt guilty of that evil

1 Like

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Richy4(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2021
I'm gonna look at it in different angle, Anyone that has experienced Police brutality or military annoying behavior in Nigeria, will always feel indifferent when something bad or evil befalls any of them...Those that will wish for something bad to happen to them will be more than those that feel indifferent ... and those that will remember that they were also human with families might not be up to 1%

If we can carry out a random sample on this forum and pick some names and ask if they can assist a Nigerian police officer in great danger, I believe that the number that will assist might not be up to 10%.. Sometimes we can't help ourselves...

1 Like

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by GboyegaD(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
It can never be justified and most times I see those who try to justify evil in whatever way as lacking integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nackzy: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
No
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
It is not evil when you try to defend yourself.

It is evil when you try to defend yourself but then do it in a babaric way.

You can shoot a thief but don't go and cut his neck off after shooting him down, that is just EVIL.

You can protect yourself from a young boy trying to handpick you, but don't call for people to put tyre on his head and burn him alive, that is EVIL
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Theama(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
You can't justify evil.
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Gunboysavage(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
One day I would buy a Gun.. any fulani that tries trash with me ehhh.. SMH! smiley You gerrit?, if you don't get it, forget about ittt
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by bouncin04(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Masturbating when you feel the urge in order not to incure more sins like rape , commiting fornication or aldutery, carry family money or school fees go give olosho etc. And also to avoid STD or STI .

If all men masturbated, I think the world would be a cool place.

1 Like

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Richy4:
I'm gonna look at it in different angle, Anyone that has experienced Police brutality or military annoying behavior in Nigeria, will always feel indifferent when something bad or evil befalls any of them...Those that will wish for something bad to happen to them will be more than those that feel indifferent ... and those that will remember that they were also human with families might not be up to 1%

If we can carry out a random sample on this forum and pick some names and ask if they can assist a Nigerian police officer in great danger, I believe that the number that will assist might not be up to 10%.. Sometimes we can't help ourselves...

Evil is when you burn down police stations and roast alive police men all because you didn't get justice, that is barbaric
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Skoonheid(f): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by rave1040: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
It's shouldnt
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by abrahamadadhe(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
A
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by femi4: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

No, evil is evil Irresponsible of the reason and circumstances. That's Yahoo boy mentality
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by musicwriter(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

This is a very good question and it's one that everyone should know the answer. Part of the answer is what ancient people tried to explain to humanity in the Genesis story of Adam and Eve, Satan and God but which the story has, unfortunately, been taken literally and the meaning lost in religious dogmatism.

Nothing is good or bad. Good or bad depends on your point of view. It's your motive that creates the illusion of good or bad. Something could be bad to me but good to you.....and vice versa.

Let me give you few examples:-

Armed robbers came to your house and as they were busy robbing you, one of them wanted to shoot you but mistakenly shot his colleague. They all dispersed and left your house and the one that was shot died on the way. Is that a good or bad thing?

From your point of view that would be a good thing, in fact, most religious people would go give testimony in church. However, from the point of view of the armed robbers, that would be a very bad day.

Another example:-

If you love a beautiful girl seriously but she doesn't love you back but instead loves your neighbor. Is that good or bad?

From your point of view that would be bad. But from the point of view of the one she loves, that would be a good thing.

Once you understand the above, you can deduce it further to all circumstances. As a matter of fact, this is the job we're on this earth to figure out. Your job on this earth is to find the balance between good and bad. Sometimes bad thing could be good and sometimes good thing could be bad. Again, depending on your point of view, depending on your motive. I tried to explain this in the article: what's Satan? What's Lucifer?- the biggest secret in the world https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

The ancient Egyptians said there would be a scale on the judgement day whereby your conscience (heart) would be weighed to measure all the things you've done in your lifetime. Then, based on the weight of your good or bad, a decision would be taken whether you're a good or bad person. The good people would proceed to see God (Osiris).

This means there would be different categories of good or bad people depending on all your actions considered. There'll be good, better, and best people among us when all circumstances considered. There'll also be bad, worse, and worst people among us when all circumstances considered. Sorry, but the nuances for good or bad would be so many that sometimes it could be difficult to judge something as good or bad. But at least it means that good people are the ones that would say it was a sad thing to have shot the armed robber by his colleague. Extra good people would be the ones that would even try to see how you can help his family for the loss.

Good people are the ones that would feel completely ok and at peace for the girl to love your neighbor if that's her choice. Extra good people would be the ones that could even tell the girl to go ahead and that you're happy for her choice. However, these types of people I've just described almost don't exist anymore. And one of the reasons they don't is religion. Religion empowers people to do something wrong and justify it in the name of the religion instead of what's ethically and morally right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Godfather052(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Wait till u join politics
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Omniman(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
shocked
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by BabaIbo: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Just as every human on earth have a certain level of envy in them, but the control is what separates them.

You can't justify evil. What is bad is bad and what is good is good.

More like a married man confessing to his wife about his sexcapade after he was caught red handed by his wife, "Honestly Baby, it is not what you think, I inserted my D into her hole because she told me she is cold and seriously feverish, so she needs heat and something to make her sweat, I volunteered to help her since there was no one around to assist her."
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by aremuforlife(m): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Evil is evil, it can never be justify
Re: Should Evil Be Justified Regardless Of The Intention by Styluss: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

I think one of the instance op meant is when you cheat someone because you want a better life yourself and your family.
Doing crimes and fraud as an avenue to escape poverty is evil... But justifiable because it's benefitial to the perpetrator.

I think that's an example

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LG Distributor shares Difference Between Dual Inverter And Smart Inverter AC / I Think Someone Is Sexually Abusing Her. Is It Wise To Tell Her Parents? / Why Are Boys Closer To Their Mother And Girls Closer To Their Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.