Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS (6803 Views)

Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS / NBS: Nigeria’s Total Public Debt Increased By ₦2.4 Trillion In Q2 2020 / World Bank Predicts Sharp Fall In Nigeria’s GDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by nwakibie3(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
Buhari body odour
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by mfm04622: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
A simple and easy advise for all that want to comment on this thread.

Before commenting, kindly search online for Q2 GDP growth rate of major countries in the world.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Kingbuhari(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
As this useless country shrink more further as I becomes more afraid of my money in the bank, the Ediot we have in Aso Rock might one day wake up and told us to forfeit our hard earn sweat as part of the repayment for the money he borrowed which he never put in use .. please apart from bank where else can I keep my money safe at least for another 16 months of my stay abroad
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by mfm04622: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2020
careytommy37:

What of countries like Sweden where there was no lockdown, are they also experiencing this?

I didn't check Sweden so I don't know. However, u expect Sweden's growth to be impacted even if it is positive. Also, we can't compare countries that implemented lock down
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by ensamy(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2020
grin angry angry grin grin We are already aware they will blame Covid-19 for all thier failures over the years. It will shrink to 90% before the administration comes to an end.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by bejeria101(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2020
Isn't the dull one doing a superb job.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2020
Sadly, more economic woes lie ahead as US cuts down her oil importation from Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by ensamy(m): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2020
Mali has taken a bold step for positive change. Nigerians are watching until it shrinks to 90% when all politicians will carry Thier entire families an run away leaving a dead government behind , that's when people will wake up. shocked shocked shocked Even our neighbouring countries now treat us with disdain cool shocked shocked. Oh My Fatherland.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Brushstrokes20: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2020
Outstanding hallmark of Mr false integrity
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by tot(f): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2020
ensamy:
Mali has taken a bold step for positive change. Nigerians are watching until it shrinks to 90% when all politicians will carry Thier entire families an run away leaving a dead government behind , that's when people will wake up. shocked shocked shocked Even our neighbouring countries now treat us with disdain cool shocked shocked. Oh My Fatherland.

Lmaoo. It hopefully won't get to that stage.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2020
careytommy37:
We warned you all that bubu is clueless

Thank God I operate from Heaven's economy
We are in a fvcking pandemic for shits sakes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2020
Kingbuhari:
As this useless country shrink more further as I becomes more afraid of my money in the bank, the Ediot we have in Aso Rock might one day wake up and told us to forfeit our hard earn sweat as part of the repayment for the money he borrowed which he never put in use .. please apart from bank where else can I keep my money safe at least for another 16 months of my stay abroad
Turn them to cryptocurrency, thank me later.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by 1Dray(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
DonaldPeterson:
Dr Donald Peterson,is a philanthropist,a great leader,a boss that listens to his subordinates. Come join us and let's promote this great leader together.

God bless governor of Delta State!

God bless Dr Donald Peterson

God bless Ika Youths.

How much una go pay?
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by 1Dray(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Alberta123:

I'm not a supporter of this government but sometimes you need to think before opening your mouth so that you don't look like a fool.

USA economy has shrunk by 8%
EU economy has shrunken by 10%
South Africa economy shrunk by 8%
Brazil economy shrunk by 9%.

We're facing a global pandemic and what you could think about is Buhari.

No doubt Buhari has failed us all.

You can bame him for other things but definitely not this one.

Many of the countries you stated here paid their citizens during the lock down. Did you country pay a penny?
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Samorobo2: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
Esseite:
Stop comparing the economy of countries with 10m population with a country of 200m alongside poverty capital even before the pandemic..

It's not the same.. it's a lot terrible.

Olodo!!!!.

You have zero idea about Economics but you are here yapping foolish...plus you even shifted goal post

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Samorobo2: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Alberta123:

I'm not a supporter of this government but sometimes you need to think before opening your mouth so that you don't look like a fool.

People can plain foolish and ignorant...even without proper education can't they harness common sense..we are right in the middle of a fvcking pandemic that brought about a complete lockdown which definitely had an effect on global economic activities..hampering trade and all that...
Why in the fvcking hell should people be surprise that we are experiencing a negative growth and blaming it on the govt...so far I heard only China was predicted by world bank to grow up to 1% this year the rest countries across the globe is doing negative ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Samorobo2: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
ensamy:

See this one...even Singapore declined by 30%..it's a common occurrence all over the world at the moment..it is not unique to Nigeria alone.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samorobo2:

Olodo!!!!.

You have zero idea about Economics but you are here yapping foolish...plus you even shifted goal post

Empty vessel, you wrote over 17 words, yet could still not explain better..
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Samorobo2: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
Esseite:

Empty vessel, you wrote over 17 words, yet could still not explain better..

Keep counting my words..thats why to reason with your arse....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samorobo2:

Keep counting my words..thats why to reason with your arse....

Haha.. dumb ass, in all you have written, cant still muster a counter.. yet quick to call someone olodo..

Do other countries have a 92% debt to revenue in the pandemic period aswell?.. if you only understood what I meant by "a lot terrible" you wont have responded the way you did.

Endeavour to check your spellings before coming at people with "olodo"...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Sbsrules: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Why is Nigeria like this .....see Ghana na
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Sbsrules: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
see
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by winterfell007(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Alberta123:

Even though i'm not particularly fond of Buhari, but i kind of agree with you. He's got no blame in this. The global GDP growth was expected to slow down. Nigeria inclusive

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Gilgil: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
Samorobo2:

See this one...even Singapore declined by 30%..it's a common occurrence all over the world at the moment..it is not unique to Nigeria alone.

Ok. Without going into the complex issues to prove y’all wrong, let’s take a simple line of examination:

Questions: Of all the other countries that we are saying declined, as compared to Nigeria:

1. What social palliatives did they provide to their citizens in terms of food, medicines, delay in bills payments etc?

2. How much did they inject into their economies to stimulate SMEs like restaurants etc to survive?

As the pandemic hit, those governments were stimulating their economies to achieve medium to long term improvements and providing palliatives to cushion short term challenges.
What did we hear in Nigeria? billions of Naira for “Feeding school children at home”.

Other economies were shrinking and they were working, ours is interesting things like renovating parliament buildings and offing our mics!
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by Gilgil: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
It’s attitudes like this that promote mediocrity. Not holding leaders to account.

Americans are holding Trump to account for the over 170k citizens that have dies

winterfell007:

Even though i'm not particularly fond of Buhari, but i kind of agree with you. He's got no blame in this. The global GDP growth was expected to slow down. Nigeria inclusive
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by jaxxy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bad leadership and bad policies.
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by saintade01(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
This is an expert explaining that to you slowpokes

Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by freeborn02: 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
JAMO84:
They have arrived. The container economists

But he is saying the truth and you know it.

Are you a mentally blind person or are you blinded by tribalism that you don't know buhari's poor leadership is the cause of Nigeria's economic woes? Or is your blindness caused by religion?
Re: Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS by DonaldPeterson: 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
1Dray:

How much una go pay?
Are u an Ika youth? If u are please join us,there are financial gains at the long run.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Meat Of The Igbo Passengers Burnt Yesterday CLEAR PICTURES / Anxiety Over Increasing Boko Haram Attacks In Abuja’s Neighbour, Niger / Atiku Sends Condolences To The Families Of Victims Of Ogwo-Ogwu Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.