Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) (36715 Views)

Fans At Paris Airport Waiting For Messi To Arrive (Videos & Pictures) / Marseille Vs Manchester City : (0 - 3) On 27tg October 2020 / Marseille Vs Atletico Madrid : Europa League Final (0 - 3) On 16th May 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by stayclearofme: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
Sholaco:
Celebrating the downfall of another persons, club....HUMAN BEINGS �
Just the way you all celebrated the fall of Barca. grin

1 Like

Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by makavelli80(m): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's like that everywhere but some people choose not to show it.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by ayo6hammiey(m): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
Yaaaaaaaaaaga!!

No friends in life o, your family member sef fii jealous your achievement[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by naptu2: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
rawpadgin:
rangers is in Enugu whilst shooting stars is in Ibadan so, u can't call clubs from different city a derby

grin

I know exactly what you are saying (you are talking about derbies between teams from the same city). I knew right from your first reply to me. Do you know what I am talking about? I asked you certain questions, why don't you try and answer them?

naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

What is the difference between a national derby (e.g. Rangers vs Shooting Stars), a regional derby (e.g. Shooting Stars vs Stationery Stores) and a local derby (e.g. Stationery Stores vs Julius Berger?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_rivalries

1 Like

Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by rawpadgin(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
naptu2:

grin

I know exactly what you are saying (you are talking about derbies between teams from the same city). I knew right from your first reply to me. Do you know what I am talking about? I asked you certain questions, why don't you try and answer them?

lol. Now I get u. Like if eyimba is playing rivers united in a caf champions league match, u can say its national derby but u are going too far moreso, those derbies ain't as fierce as a local derby

Real fans only recognize local derbies grin
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by naptu2: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
rawpadgin:
lol. Now I get u. Like if eyimba is playing rivers united in a caf champions league match, u can say its national derby but u are going too far moreso, those derbies ain't as fierce as a local derby

Right, so let me explain.

A derby is a football match between rivals from the same area. (See the definition from the Oxford dictionary below).

The most common derby is the local derby, which is what you had in mind. It is a match between two teams from the same city or town. It is usually very fierce because both set of fans have to see each other all the time because they are from the same town.

A regional derby is a rivalry between two teams from the same region. For example, the "Western Derby" was a football match between Stationery Stores or Lagos and Shooting Stars of Ibadan. The "Oriental Derby" was a match between Rangers International of Enugu and Spartans/Iwuanyanwu/Heartland of Owerri.

A national derby is the fiercest rivalry between two teams from the same country, e.g. Barcelona vs Real Madrid, Feberbache vs Galatasaray, etc.

1 Like

Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by rawpadgin(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
naptu2:

Right, so let me explain.

A derby is a football match between rivals from the same area. (See the definition from the Oxford dictionary below).

The most common derby is the local derby, which is what you had in mind. It is a match between two teams from the same city or town. It is usually very fierce because both set of fans have to see each other all the time because they are from the same town.

A regional derby is a rivalry between two teams from the same region. For example, the "Western Derby" was a football match between Stationery Stores or Lagos and Shooting Stars of Ibadan. The "Oriental Derby" was a match between Rangers International of Enugu and Spartans/Iwuanyanwu/Heartland of Owerri.

A national derby is the fiercest rivalry between two teams from the same country, e.g. Barcelona vs Real Madrid, Feberbache vs Galatasaray, etc.
I get u. But if real & barca are playing a league match, the term "derby" shouldn't even be used @ all but if its a champions league match.....fine
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by blaquemyc: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nicepoker:
He did. He only went back to edit.
ok, my bad. Peace
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
mvem:
you think realmadrid will celebrate a Barca win or Man Utd celebrate a Liverpool win. In the world of football there is what they call rivalry and it runs deep...it is normal

I don't expect them to celebrate a rival's success!!! That's normal.

What isn't normal is going all out to celebrate the defeat of a fellow country rival when it doesn't add anything to you.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by membranus: 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bad belle everywhere.
angry angry angry
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by electromagnito: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Clowns

Instead of them to be happy that Psg were about to bring the UCL back to France for a very long time
You don't live in France, the rivalry is deeper than you think, the French Marseille speaks is different from the parisenien French, and Marseille is mostly Arabs and Africa, so other region use to see them as the city thug of France. If you go Marseille go dey dull, person fit put drug for you body make police barb you... They craze gan for that city.

1 Like

Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Emmanuelolu1000: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bad bellle is allowed. Design your business logo for 2000naira. If interested, check my signature. Thank you!
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by ObaKlaz: 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
Excallibur:
as in eh, see people complaining . am like una new to the sport ne, ....there was this documentary I watched about the river Boca rivalry, this Boca fan was crying tears of joy when remembering river' s relegation
Yeah... River Plate Vs Boca Juniours. It's one of the very hottest football rivalries on the planet. Their fans take it to the extreme often. It is what it is: wins, loses and rivalry are all part of the game.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for the post.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
Op, Ur Topic Is Strange Or Incorrect. How Can Marseille Celebrate D Defeat Of PSG When Dey Actually Wish Dem Well ? Lol. U Should Av Written Dat Marseille Celebrated PSG Inspite Of Their Defeat.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by lowkeybahdguy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
Queenlovely:
You Have A Much Healthier Measure Of Your Success When you learn to be competitive with yourself instead of with other people, you don't have to panic because someone else got something first. You know it's coming to you at the right place, at the right time, when you put in the work or the heart required to get it.

unhealthy rivalry has never helped in anyway, in English premier league, it doesn't matter who brings home the cup, but they would rejoice together.

but this French club is following one of the rules of power

Without enemies around us, we grow lazy. An enemy at our heels sharpens our wits, keeping us focused ...

a common enemy will unite people together

A page from Robert Greene's..
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Abbeymoore10(m): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
As per psg go share money give them na
Nezzjnr:
Clowns

Instead of them to be happy that Psg were about to bring the UCL back to France for a very long time
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by vickydevoka(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
This is a lesson to everyone, making it in life is not easy n even when u make it not everyone is happy. #low key life pays
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by eyinola: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
Enemy within
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Farki: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
sammysneh:
Olympic Marshelle fans went too far with there celebrations,if the trophy had gone to France it will boast the profile of Ligue one..

Nothing will boost the profile of a league of farmers because their team made it due to oyel moniii.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Bgetto: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
See me see wahala hehehheh wahala dey
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by isahsalee: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bad Belle everywhere!
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by jUeLiZ: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Beckham14:
Dear Lord,
Any "Marseille" friend in my life, may he/she suffer for 600yrs.
lol
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by lascos912(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
LordOfTheWeed:
This is what they call rivalry not all these mumu Chelsea and Liverpool fans here grin
see this stupid man u fan
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by jaytime(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hmmm see bad belle o. Real definition of pull him down syndrome.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by LordOfTheWeed: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
lascos912:
see this stupid man u fan
For your info, I'm now a Bayern München fan grin
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Ayobami7(m): 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by DaRuud(m): 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=naptu2 post=93165912][/quote]

Abeg remove that Enyimba vs Sunshine ,
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by Seun360(m): 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
rawpadgin:
rangers is in Enugu whilst shooting stars is in Ibadan so, u can't call clubs from different city a derby

Don't expose your ignorance in a public forum.
Re: Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) by ofiko123(m): 6:45am On Aug 25, 2020
Case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Moses Wins Premier League Player of the Month Award for November / Real Madrid vs Liverpool :UCL (3 - 1) On 6th April 2021 / Adebayor Accuses Family Of "Plotting Juju" Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.